When the Moon Takes Over

By breathe_the_night

Alexandra Halsey is an ordinary girl with ordinary friends. She doesn't feel complete and fully happy, maybe... More

My life, My friends.
Little crush
Marks and healed wounds
Fantasy became reality
New attitude
Missing part ( New attitude)
Alcohol with a hint of teasing.
Introductions and surprises.
Around the fire.
Father, daughter time
The bitter-sweet full moon
Morning after
Words can only do harm
Broken hearts
What's happening?
Explanations
Letting people in
That little monster that lives inside each of us
Secrets that brings us closer
Befriend your inner wolf
Tales of horror
There is no competition
Falling in love
Distractions
Some things are better left unspoken.
The heat season
Thanksgiving Dinner.
Let the truth be revealed.
Breaking the chains
Only a part of it
Darkness comes to life
We had an agreement
Saying no to the throne?
Something about you
Getting to know each other
I need you
Guilt and regrets
Let's begin
Connecting with yourself
Death is upon you
Obsession
Chaos
Chaos Pt. II
History of our family
Too late to stop a war
The end of an era
Bring you back to me
Safe Haven
Epilogue
Author's Note
Sequel!

Emotions that control us

22.9K 829 141
By breathe_the_night

Alex's POV

Five days have passed since I told Jamie my secret. That day Cassidy had to go back home because she was feeling a bit sick. Two days later I went to see her because she was missing school, she had a terrible fever. She was afraid of getting me sick, if only she knew. She also let me know of the little damage I did to her friend, she also told me that Clover and Monique aren't on speaking terms, Monique claims that Clover did nothing to defend her, which is partially true. It surprised me when Cassidy told me that the reason Clover didn't fight me was because she had told her about us two. It made me really happy to know that she is making progress and she isn't ashamed or anything.

The next full moon is in exactly two days, my body is tensed, my head keeps reminding me of the horrible pain and how I tend to lose who I am. It is frightening, but Its unstoppable.

Right now we are at softball practice. It was a surprise for me when the teacher didn't kick me out, I mean I have missed a lot of practices. Rumor has it that Marcus talked it out with coach. Surprisingly, I really like this sport, it bothered me to think that if it wasn't for my 'special help' I would not be playing. Bria gave me advice and said not to worry about it, she actually said that she used to suck at this sport as well before she turned. Coach said next week we have our first game, the team is ecstatic about it and these girls are really good players.

We are about to finish practice and even though I like this sport, I can't wait to get home to take a nice long nap. Also my inner 'dragon' is craving Chinese along side with a chocolate milkshake and an apple pie. Suddenly I caught the scent of my beautiful mate, my gaze searched for her and finally localized her sitting in the bleachers with a thick jacket on. She is not completely recovered, she could worsen the symptoms. But there is no denying that I am happy to see her.

"What are you doing here?" She gave me a heart warming smile.

"Just wanted to see how the team is doing".

"Are they any good?" My voice playful, I know that she doesn't care that much for the softball team.

"Oh yeah, they are great". She was going to hug me, but I did not let her. Not because I didn't want to, but because all the sweat and dirt that is covering my body.

"Let me take a shower real quick, I will be back". I gave her a quick kiss on the cheek and sprinted to the showers.

Halfway through my shower, I heard some shuffling in another shower. It is no surprise since all the girls were going to be around. What surprised me was when loud moans were heard. What is it with me always having to listen to other people getting it on? And to top it all my senses are on alert making me a bit sensitive if you know what I mean. Feeling embarrassed I tried to hurry, to give them some privacy. At least who ever they are, they are enjoying themselves.

Getting dressed rapidly, I heard it getting more erotic. I swear my face can be mistaken with a tomato.

"Fuck, Clover don't stop. I'm so close!!".

Holly shit, if it wasn't embarrassing enough already, I had to hear who it was. I am positive that the girl that is moaning is Bria. Quickly my hands grabbed the rest of the clothes, that only consisted in my shirt and shoes, better finish getting ready outside than have to hear someone else moaning, not to mention one of my friends.

"Whoa". I heard. My gaze went up and saw Cassidy smirking with a light shade of pink on her cheeks. She notice how red my face is because she asked.

"Why are you so flushed?"

"No reason, want to go grab something to eat, I'm thinking Chinese, you like Chinese right?". I was practically word vomiting. She began to laugh pretty hard. Making me blush some more. "You are officially the cutest thing ever, If I didn't knew any better I would say you caught someone having sex in there". Long awkward pause. "Wait, there is someone actually having sex in there?" She pointed to the locker room and began to laugh again.

"That's sexy, and I love Chinese, let me just tell Clover that you will be giving me a ride". Quickly I grabbed her hand. "There is no need for that, just send her a text, I'm pretty sure she is occupied at the moment". Cassidy give me a quizzical look before it hit her. "Oh my god, yeah lets just go".

After we ate it was still early. Cassidy suggested we go to this small juvenile club. It is mostly for college students, but she knows the owners. Now here we are. We were talking and having a good time, getting to know more about each other. Suddenly Selena Gomez, come and get it song began playing. "C'mon I love this song". Without saying anything more she dragged me to the dance floor. It's not that I don't know how to dance, but I didn't exactly knew how to start moving. Especially when this very hot, beautiful girl was moving against me. With a sensual smile she talked. "Loosen up, here". She grabbed the back of my neck and pulled us incredibly closer. Our foreheads almost touching. She began moving her hips even more against me, making contact with my lady part wasn't helping. Was she doing it to tease me and see how long I could resist? You could imagine how amazing she dance by just knowing that she is in a dance school as well.

My hands tangled themselves in her hair lightly. Making me smirk because she had a look I knew well in her eyes. Lust. 'Take her home, she wants it as much as you'. My wolf spoke but I ignored her. The song came to an end, making us share a smile and head home because it was now getting late.

The ride to her house was silent. Not an awkward silence though. As I stopped in front of her home she spoke. "Tonight was fun, glad it happened".

"Yeah it was, glad you enjoyed my company". We looked at each other. She unbuckled herself, when she was about to open the car door, she looked at me once more. Instead of getting out she climbed into my lap, straddling me. She unbuckled my seat belt and crashed her lips with mine. Her lips are the softest and sweetest thing ever. Her hands were cupping my face while my hands were on her lower back. The kiss was beginning to heat up pretty fast. I bit her lip and pull it causing her to release a moan. Her hips began to grind on mine causing me to moan and bring her closer. She sucked my tongue provoking me even more. My lips left her lips to find her neck. I began to kiss different spots till I found her sweet spot, causing another moan to escape her lips. I caught a glimpse of her arousal and my wolf went crazy. As soon as my eyes began to hurt I knew what was happening. I have absolutely no control yet. This can't happen. Gathering the strength, I stopped. Shutting my eyes tightly.

"Wait, don't you think we are going a little bit too fast?". I asked gathering my breath, eyes still shut.

"Sorry, you're right, I just couldn't help it". My heart flattered at that, but my wolf was calling me stupid for making it stop. When my eyes felt normal again, I gently opened them with a smile. She was smiling as well. Both of our faces flushed.

"I will see you tomorrow beautiful". I nodded, giving her one last peck she opened the door and got out. What exactly are we Cassidy? My mind wondered. When I was sure she was safe inside, I left.

Not really sure why, When I arrived home, the uneasy feeling of being watched striked me. Of course thanks to the security system the house has, no one can get inside without the code or the police would arrive immediately. Especially since my father is Grayson Halsey. There was nothing unusual in the air, at least my senses didn't caught anything. It is just the feeling of being watched. Maybe I'm becoming paranoid.

When I got inside, the feeling of loneliness surrounded me. The house was way too big for my liking, dark and cold. The maids leave at six in the afternoon as well as Giovanni unless they are asked otherwise. I wish dad would spend more time at home instead of work. I miss my aunt as well.

Putting my stuff on the ground in a corner of my room, I remembered that Marcus gave us an homework about Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet. Since it has been a while that I have been to the house library, I decided to look for the real thing in the actual book. It's not like there is something better to do.

The house library is pretty big, as a kid I used to spend a lot of time here with my aunt reading. But since she left I haven't stepped foot inside. Shrugging the sad thought off, I began to look for the book in the letter R section.

Bingo! Found it. Pulling it out, another book fell from the shelve. It looks more like a memory photo album, the pages look rusty and old. The cover of the book had a G and a J carved to it. My finger traced along the letters and opened the book. It started with pictures of my dad, but he looked incredibly young, this must be his high school pictures.

Gotta say my dad was a fine looking guy back them. What is weird is he had never shown me pictures this old. I kept looking and the pictures were about him and his buddies. Then a page had written over it, 'The moment it all changed'. Pictures of my dad with a beautiful girl sitting on his lap, other eating ice cream, bowling, at a park. Then there was this one where she was looking at the camera with a breath taking smile with dad's arms around her waist. As I am standing here staring at the photo, I noticed how green her eyes were. How pale her skin was, her dark hair in beautiful waves. I felt tears start to pool in my eyes. This woman, she looks so much like me,... this woman is my mom. Then there were pictures of their wedding years later. It looked pretty fancy. Their first dance. Then one at the beach. It said 'When we arrived at the Caribbean'. The pictures kept going and going. Then I stopped. Pictures of my mom pregnant and dad kissing her belly. She looked sad though, but dad looked so in love. The last picture was me as a new born baby.

'Daddy's little princess Alexandra J. Halsey'. My tears were streaming down slowly now. There wasn't anymore pictures. It must be because my mother decided to abandon us later on. But there is something that caught my attention. 'Alexandra J. Halsey'? Where does the J come from? All my life my name has been Alexandra, what does the J stands for and why It wasn't of my knowledge?

My father has never mentioned my mothers name, neither did my aunt now that I think of it. She was always adressed as 'your mom' or 'Mrs. Halsey'. When I asked questions they always told me things without meaning or irrelevant. I have been so blind. My dad has always hide things that can or could tell me things about my mother. There were no pictures of her anywhere, I have never seen my birth certificate, the one thing that dad told me was that he changed things in my birth certificate to save me the pain. But pain of what? I am Alexandra Halsey. Just Halsey. I understood at the time, but now? Nothing makes much sense. Of course my anger towards her was and is a lot. That's probably why I didn't care that he only left me with his surname, but he also took away my second name. The only explanation is that it was my mothers name and that is why he took it away. After all the letter J is carved on the cover of the album. Someone in my family is a werewolf, and the biggest possibility is that, it is in fact my mother since my dad didn't notice anything strange with me the last time he was here neither did I with him. Did he found out what she was and asked her to leave? Or did she left because she didn't care at all? So many questions and no answers.

Seeking answers from my father will get me absolutely no where. After all he is the main cause of all my confusion. I took the album of pictures along with Romeo and Juliet to my room. Maybe Marcus could help, he has connections. But, do I really want to search for my mother?

Sinking in the fluffiness of my mattress, the memory of what happened earlier with Cassidy came like a tsunami ready to drown me in happiness. It stills feel surreal, the girl of my dreams, the girl I have loved for so long, finally acknowledges me, the way she came on to me, the want was so clear in her stunning eyes. I lust over her as well, but I just can't lose myself, not when I can't even control my shift. She could end up hurt.

The full moon is tomorrow night, to be honest I am scared. Last time was horrible, yes it was my first but, this one will bring the same, since my will to stop is very well hidden. The power feels amazing there is that. But power without control means damage.

The next day the aching in my muscles only intensified, just like the first time. Earlier through mind link Marcus contacted me, saying that I should go by the cabin since Mark will be there as well as the others. I actually wanted to see Cassidy specially because of the events from yesterday, my mind did not rest thinking about all the questions that need answer.

Getting ready in some old jeans and t-shirt I went out through the back of the house. Sending Cassidy a text saying that I had an important situation that needed my attendance. After that I simply turned off my phone. Running through the woods to get to the faraway cabin, again the feeling of being watched made my body shiver. There was nothing in the air, nor did my eyes see anything unusual, yet this feeling was strong. It wasn't a good vibe either. Running as fast as my feet could take me the feeling went away. If anything like the thing that attacked Bria came after me it would surely kill me. I am not prepared to face something like that.

When I got to the premises of the cabin my eyes search for the familiar faces. Some of the guys were play fighting, others were exercising as well as the girls. Mark was engulfed in conversation with Raven, a small smile appeared seeing the two so calm and getting along. Raven had her little thing towards me, but that was only the feeling of certain moments. Most likely lust as well as I did for her. We had our fun, but we were only trying to forget those who were and still are on our heads constantly.

They both sensed my presence because they turned their heads my way with a smile and waved. Shaking the uneasy feeling from a few minutes ago, I made my way towards them.

"You look good, something to do perhaps with Cassidy?" Raven asked with a smile. My light blush gave it away and they both laughed. Even thinking about her makes me all mushy and stuff.

"Of course it is, last night I saw you gals in the small club dancing sensually while eye raping each other".

"Shut up Mark". I gave him a light push only making us laugh some more. "You didn't even noticed that half of the pack was there". He said smiling. Showing off his dimples. "Oh Alex, I almost forgot, around three weeks to a month the rest of the pack will be arriving here along with mother, your Luna, she is eager to meet you but haven't had the chance".

"I heard your mom is a great woman, I am eager to meet her as well".

"Yes she is". He smiled. My gaze averted from him for a split second and I saw Clover?! Here? Raven followed my shocked looking stare to the source. "That little brat, can't believe Bria told her". Raven hissed.

"Raven be happy for Bria, that's her mate". Mark interjected, he is right. Clover's eyes met mine and her jaw almost touched the ground. Bria grabbed her hand, bringing her towards our direction. Raven rolled her eyes, Mark put his arm around my shoulders as well as Raven's.

"Hey guys, I want you to properly meet my mate Clover even though Alex you already do". Bria is happy, her smile makes it obvious and it makes me happy, but Clover is something else.

"I'm going to start training, catch with you later". Heading to the other side of the camp someone called my name. Turning around I saw Clover. Great. I just continued with my pace without looking at her.

"Alexandra wait!" I stopped in my tracks. Turning around she took a step back from me, my claws came out as my eyes were a bright yellow colour. All the memories came burning into my mind freshly as if it all had occurred yesterday. I took a step closer, but in a brief second Bria was in front of me with her eyes glowing, canines elongated and claws out. She growled loudly at me, which actually got me pissed. She has no right.

"Alexandra this is not you, is the effects of the full moon". Her teeth were clenched as well as mine, deep down I know that I am still no match for anyone here. I simply turned around, all eyes on us. Slowly I went back to normal. She is right, these are just the effects of the full moon.

I began to do a lot of exercise, sweat dripping from my neck to my chest, from the nape of my neck down my vertebrae. The muscles in my stomach and arms burn, but I don't care. This day needs to end already.

A.N>> Hey awesome readers, just wanted to thank you all for reading. 3.93k views!! It's an amazing feeling, when I began to write this story I actually thought that no one would read it. This is my first book ever and it makes me happy that some of you are actually enjoying all my nonsense. It would help a lot if I got to know your sincere opinions on it though, because each time I write a new chapter I get a bit nervous about it. Next chapters will take a bit longer because of school, I am getting prepared to take the college board.... Thanks again!!!

Till next time..

Lots of love, Karie★

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

565K 12.4K 32
Most people know when they've fallen in love. They know when they start to develops feelings for someone. But figuring that out can be hard to do whe...
18.6K 587 19
Alpha Alex has been look for his mate since turned 18. Now at the age of 26, waiting 8 long painful years for her. He also as other responsible to hi...
226K 5.9K 28
Alex is a werewolf, no surprise there. Well she's a rogue, living on unclaimed land with her new family. They get attacked. The only survivors out o...
2.3M 74.5K 90
Soul mates An invisible force that ties the fate of two people together in a strong unbinding red thread of love. The person with whom you fall in lo...