ℕ𝕒𝕃𝕦 π• π•Ÿπ•– - 𝕀𝕙𝕠π•₯𝕀

By -Mxgic

Welcome! Here is yet another book with NaLu one-shots! Have been doing this since 2017, and am very inconsist... More

Welcome!
Jealous
Cheater...?
Cheater...? Pt.2
Cheater...? Pt.3 (Final)
Jealousy
Promise's Are Meant To Be Broken
Broken Inside
Remember Me
E.N.D (But not what you think)
High School
High School <Pt. 2>
URGENT
Highschool <Pt. 3>
Bestfriends
Highschool <Pt. 4>
Argument
What a shame
This is so stupid, I'm stupid
The Truth
So you don't love me? (Part 1)
So you dont love me? (Part 2)
Soulmates
Left Fairytail (part 1/2)
Left Fairytail (part 2/2)
Mister Popular
The Crown In the Stars
Forever Always
Silence
UPDATE
Jealous (re-written)
Jealousy (re-written)
Highschool (re-written)
Mister Popular (re-written)
Valentines Day

Not meant to be

212 5 12
By -Mxgic

(I know I already did one similar but here we go again :D)

TW- Depression is mentioned. And possibly some other things some viewers may find uncomfortable or might be triggering. I apologize if I'm doing this wrong but triggering someone is the last thing I want to do.

Lucy's POV

It was snowing. I remember it clear as day. The day Natsu broke my heart.

Flashback -

I had smiled a little as I noticed the snow pouring outside, it was the first snow fall of the year! I grabbed my jacket and walked outside as I looked up at the sky and relaxed. This would be so much better had Natsu still been here. But alas he was not back from his one year training.

My eyes began to water as the pain and emptiness I felt began to grow. "I miss you so much..." I whispered as I let myself fall down onto my knees. When will you be back?

Will you ever be back?

I've never felt so alone in me entire life, with the guild disbanding not long after Natsu left I truly was left alone. I fell into depression not long after.

Of course I had my fellow guild mates like Levy, Erza, Mira and a couple of others insist that they stay with me or vice-versa. But I had declined each time no matter how badly I actually wanted it. A burden was the last thing I wanted to be with anyone.

Shortly after that I never heard from them again. I attempted to try and re-locate them, going only off the little information I had and anything I heard on the streets or read in magazines, but I don't know how accurate any of it was. I was no longer in touch with my old guild mates and that only pained me more.

Oh GOD how I wish it would end, the feelings I have... I would never wish it upon my worst enemies. Ever.

I stood up from the floor as I felt the cold snow begin to pierce at my legs. I breathed out, fog forming infront of my mouth. I began walking back to my apartment, heading up the two steps I had to go through before entering,

"Lucy?"

I recognized that voice anywhere.

I stopped in my tracks as my eyes widened. I think I'm going insane. I looked to my left and saw nothing, scoffing as I face palmed, "Just your imagination." I said to myself.

"Lucy??" I froze. Could it really be? I looked to my right. There he was. Natsu Dragneel. The man I had been waiting for for a year now. My eyes began to water, "Natsu...?" I questioned, if this is a dream. Please don't ever let me wake up.

I slowly made my way towards him, "LUSHEEEEEE!!!" I heard a certain blue exceed call as he came out from behind Natsu, crashing into my chest as he cried with me, "I missed you so much Lushe!!!!" He bawled his eyes out as I smiled.

I don't think this is a dream. I pinched myself just to make sure, and when I felt pain I gasped. Grasping onto Happy as I cried my heart out. The day finally arrived! "I missed you so much too buddy." I wailed for a good minute before turning my attention back to the dragon slayer who had been oddly quiet.

I wiped some tears away as I smiled at him, "Welcome home... Natsu..." I opened one arm welcoming him into a hug while I held Happy with the other hand, he smiled, "It's good to be back... Lucy..." he said as he took up my offer and embraced Happy and I. He held me tight. But I held him tighter.

He had called me Lucy, which was odd. But I didn't think much of it. After all we had not seen each other in a year. He pulled away first and I had noticed his hair grew a lot, he looked like the same old Natsu I knew, except different at the same time. If that makes any sense.

I caressed his cheek as I stared in awe, it really was him. I blushed as I realized my hand has been on his face for far longer than needed and quickly stopped what I was doing, "w-well umm... come inside! The snow is really begun to pour down now, there is so much I have to tell you!" I said as I grabbed his wrist, Happy not having left my arms yet, and began to guide him towards my house.

He is being so quiet... "A-actually Lucy... there is someone I haven't introduced you to..." he chuckled as he pulled away his arm from me. Wait what?

I felt a bigger pit in my stomach, as if something is gonna go wrong. "Oh no..." I heard happy mumble as he buried himself deeper into my chest. Oh no? "Emery! You can come out now!" He yelled behind him, some rustling was heard from a bush right next to my apartment, and out she was.

Brown hair that was to her shoulder with the pretties emerald eyes I have ever seen. She was just a bit taller than I was, and her skin was a bit darker than mine too. She had a cloak almost identical to the one Natsu was wearing, extending her hand she smiled, "The names Emery! It's nice to meet you miss Lucy!" She said as she shook my hand.

"H-hey Emery... you clearly already know but the name is Lucy..." I said slowly, glancing towards Natsu than back to Emery as I shook her hand. "Um... when did you two meet?" I asked her. Who is she? And what is she to Natsu?

"We met about 6 months ago! I had accidentally bumped into him in the woods!" She laughed, "This lunatic wanted to fight me haha..." she had wrapped her arm around his.

Ouch. The pain in my chest was starting to come back. I gripped my shirt as she continued, "But we have only been dating for about 4 months now hehe." She giggled as she gave Natsu a kiss on the cheek.

Dating....? "Y-you two are... d-dating...?" I asked. She had already answered it. But I needed it to be more clear. "Yes ma'am!" She smiled, "We hit it off instantly, and both agreed we have never felt this was towards someone before! I think we are definitely soulmates." She exclaimed in a ''matter of fact' kinda tone.

My eyes began to water as I looked at Natsu. It was like my world had come crashing down. It felt cold. And it wasn't just the snow anymore. I felt alone again. Cold. Alone. And sad.

I began crying as I fell onto my knees. For a year I had waited patiently. A year. "L-Lucy..." I heard him call out as I could feel he began to extend his hand out to help me up... "D-don't touch me!" I screamed, "P-please don't...."

I used to really think the pain I felt before this was bad. Oh goodness how so very wrong I was. "I waited for you Natsu.... i w-waited... f-for you-u" my heart had broke. Into a billion pieces, there was no doubt about it, this heart of mine could never be repaired fully.

"I didn't ask you to!" He exclaimed, "I never asked for you to wait for me for a year Lucy. You decided that on your own. Plus you have the guild I don't understand..."

I stood up as I hugged Happy, "Oh lushe..."

Emery had stepped back. Knowing this was only between us and not wanting to cross the boundary, "You didn't have to ask me to wait Natsu. I thought that what I had felt you had felt too... you're right with one thing. I did not have to wait for you. But I chose to. I CHOSE to wait for you because I truly thought we were meant to be."

I held Happy closer as I felt pure pain, and guilt, "None of this was ever and will ever be your fault Happy, okay...?" He was sobbing and I help him with me for a second more before giving him to Natsu.

"The guild disbanded Natsu." I said as I hugged myself, tears pouring down my cheeks once again.
I was alone.

"W-wait..."

"A week or so after you left actually. It seemed you were the glue to the guild. And without you... nothing seemed okay. Everything felt wrong. So everyone decided together that disbanding and going our separate ways was the best for us. I hated it. So much. I lost everything. I lost the love of my life. My only family left. Everything. In the span of 2 weeks." I looked at him as he had his eyes widened. "I was left alone." I said as I smiled sadly, tears continuing to pour from my eyes.

"No guild. No Natsu. No Happy. No anything..."

I closed my eyes as I took a second to recollect myself. "So I'm sorry for ever waiting for you... I was the only one who stayed in Magnolia for this reason..." I wiped away my tears, and headed towards Emery, I held both her hands, "Please take care of them for me... okay? Please. That's my only wish." With puffed cheeks she nodded aggressively. I smiled. At least he will be happy.

Emery hugged me, "I'm so sorry Lucy..." I hugged her back, "It's not your fault..." we held on for just a second more then needed and finally let go, "Thank you." I told her.

I turned towards Natsu. "I was an idiot." I told him. "An idiot for waiting for you. And worst of all and idiot for ever developing those feelings for you. I hope whatever life brings you is nothing but happinesses."

And lastly I turned towards Happy, "I'm sorry it has to be this way buddy... but we can't be a family anymore.... you have Emery now." I held my arms out to Happy once more as he flew into my arms crying again, "But I want you to be here Lushe..."

I teared up a bit as I kissed his little head, "I love you so much Happy... please take care of yourself..." I said as I hugged him one last time.

It hurt, it hurt so much that I became numb that day.

"This is good bye Natsu." I said as I walked back into my apartment shutting the door and sliding my back into it as I sobbed. I was so dumb for waiting... but-

I thought he felt the same way.

End of flashback -

It's been about 3 years since that happened. I haven't seen Natsu since. And I don't plan to see him again anytime soon.

"You okay there Lucy?" I turned my head to certain blonde... "Oh haha, yeah! Just thinking. What? Has Sting grown a soft spot for me?" I teased. A tick mark appeared on his forehead as he walked away. I giggled.

I looked at my hand, the Sabertooth emblem now replacing where I used to have my Fairytail guild mark. It was still pink. I sighed as I took another sip of my drink.

"Guess it wasn't meant to be..." I mumbled to myself.

Yeah, it wasn't meant to be.

-
And that's a wrap! I'm on a role you guys!! Anyways I hope you enjoy this non happy story >:(

The next one probably won't be a happy one either :D

Hehe your feelings are all in danger. Possibly....

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

206K 5.8K 20
[COMPLETED] When Lucy Heartfilia, a confident Celestial Wizard, is completely dumped from her beloved 'Team Natsu' and replaced by Lisanna, Natsu's f...
72.8K 2.6K 18
Lucy's breath hitched. "You saved mine, so I'll have to save yours. That's just how it works. So, naturally, I can't leave until that happens. I'm be...
283K 8.4K 25
Lucy Heartfilia caught a glimpse of a future. A future where a precious nakama died. She decided to become stronger since she wouldn't let that happe...
151K 3.6K 34
Natsu Dragneel is the schools bad boy at Fairy Tail High. He's battle scarred from fights and follows his own rules. He rides a motorcycle and wears...