final round - lrh

Door whiskeyluke

the story of a boy and a girl who rely on each other to keep one another alive emotionally and physically. ... Meer

one.
two.
three.
four.
five.
six.
seven.
eight.
nine.
ten.
eleven.
twelve.
thirteen.
fourteen.
fifteen.
sixteen.
seventeen.
eighteen.
nineteen.
twenty.
twenty-one.
twenty-two.
twenty-four.
twenty-five.
twenty-six.
twenty-seven.
twenty-eight.
twenty-nine.
thirty.
thirty-one.
thirty-two.
thirty-three.
thirty-four.
thirty-five.
thirty-six.
thirty-seven.
thirty-eight.
thirty-nine.
fourty.
fourty-one.
forty-two.
forty-three.
fourty-four.
fourty-five.
fourty-six.
fourty-seven.
fourty-eight.
forty-nine.
fifty.
fifty-one.
fifty-two.
fifty-three.
fifty-four.
fifty-five.
fifty-six.
fifty-seven.
fifty-eight.
fifty-nine.
sixty.
sixty-one.
sixty-two.
sixty-three.
sixty-four.
sixty-six.
sixty-seven.
sixty-eight.
sixty-nine.
seventy.
seventy-one.
seventy-two.
seventy-three.
seventy-four.

twenty-three.

1.3K 84 170
Door whiskeyluke

My eyebrows furrow as complete confusion crosses me and I come face to face with someone who I certainly haven't seen in years. Someone who should be on our side if anything. Someone who has absolutely zero reasoning to be working with Damien.

Carter Hewson.

Carter Hewson was one of Ashton and Declan's best friends back in high school as he pretty much always tagged along with them. I never liked Carter as much as I liked Ashton but I tried to be nice considering he was their friend.

He was notoriously known for sleeping around with everyone in the school and in all honesty, it grossed me out. Especially as he would come over and try and flirt with me, regardless of the fact that Ashton and Declan were in the room.

No one really reacted to it considering we figured it was a harmless thing that he did with all girls he met. However, one night, unfortunately, his words seemed to be enough as I was practically under his spell.

It was my graduation party and I was the only person there not really drinking. Everyone had brought water bottles filled with vodka and was focusing more on getting drunk than they were on anything else.

Carter wasn't drinking either and spent the night talking to me as we both avoided the drunk crowds. I was beyond appreciative that he was the only one there who really cared about the fact that it was my graduation party.

Eventually, he said a few things that made me feel extra giddy and we found our way up the stairs and into my bedroom. I don't know what I was thinking because I was a virgin at the time but the boy clearly knew exactly what to say as I was putty in his hands the second the door closed behind us both.

We hardly even finished before Declan forced his way into the bedroom because someone had told him they saw the two of us walk upstairs hand in hand. As a result, Carter was beaten to pulp by Declan, then soon after, Ashton, and then I never saw him again.

Until now, of course.

"Carter?" I ask, feeling almost relieved that it's just him but also curious as to why he's here.

"Long time no see, James," he says with a smirk as he leans against a nearby tree, licking his lips slowly.

"What are you doing here?" I ask confused as I look around to make sure no one's watching us.

"I'm with Damien," he says taking a step closer. "He recruited me to join his army and I couldn't find it in me to turn him down considering it's obvious who the stronger side is."

I just shoot him a nervous smile, unsure of how to proceed as I try to think of a way to make this look as normal as possible.

"He failed to mention that a pretty girl was visiting us today with Hemmings."

Knowing it's no secret that I'm not a part of his army and instead am with Lieutenant Hemmings, I say, "Yeah well, I got lost-"

Carter laughs, shaking his head as he once again steps closer to me, "I find that hard to believe."

"How so?" I ask furrowing my eyebrows.

"So you were hiding behind a tree, watching our target practice, while being lost?" Carter asks, crossing his arms over his chest.

"I got distracted," I try.

"How convenient."

Not wanting to feed into this further, I go to leave him as I say, "I need to get back to Lu-"

"Ah, not so fast, babe," he says, grabbing onto my wrist, making me snap my head around immediately. "Don't try to act like I don't know you're keeping something from me, and everyone, for that matter."

What is that supposed to mean? His tone is incredibly taunting as he seems to be mocking me in a horrible way. Never would I ever have pictured him to be a traitor, yet here he is.

"I'm not keeping anything."

"Oh, yeah?" Carter asks, raising his eyebrow before turning to the direction of where the gun range is. "I know you didn't miss the show."

I roll my eyes, crossing my arms over my chest, as well, as I get frustrated, "What does them shooting targets have to do with me?"

"I know you didn't miss who the biggest target is."

I look back over, seeing the taunting images once again, and compare the sizes of all of them. I didn't bother looking at whose size is bigger than the others as I had just felt sick to my stomach regardless. However, now that I look, one notably stands out as bigger than the others making my heart race.

"They're not going to be happy when they find out Declan James' little sister came out here in place of him," Carter says with a chuckle.

I open my mouth, immediately ready to say something when he beats me to it.

"In fact, I bet no one here besides myself knows you're his sister. I'd like to believe they'd be smart enough to not send you here if they did know. Does your own Lieutenant even know?"

I shut my mouth as everything inside of me drops. It's no secret that Lieutenant Hemmings has no idea that Declan and I are related. I obviously planned on keeping it that way considering that's what Ashton told me to do. It's clear that it's not in my best interest if I told Lieutenant Hemmings this and I fear Carter's going to ruin that all.

Especially due to how we left off.

"Next thing you know, your face will be the biggest target and everyone here will be hunting you down the first second we're on the battleground," Carter says as he takes a final step closer to me so we're inches apart.

I open my mouth, ready to beg him not to say anything. This will be detrimental to me and truly will cost me my life. There's hardly a chance I'll make it out there regardless, if I'm everyone's biggest target, I won't last more than a second.

"Carter, please don't-"

"Don't worry babe, I won't tell anyone," he says with a smirk, as he places a hand on my waist. I tense immediately as this touch once felt so good but now it feels so cold. "It'll be our little secret."

I relax at this on the inside as his hand squeezes my waist and he moves his head so his lips hover above my ear. I don't dare move or say anything as I try not to do something that could piss him off.

"I couldn't dare to see the best body I've ever touched go."

I shudder at his words, wondering how he could've changed completely since I last saw him. Sure, he always made his remarks but they were always harmless. Now, I only feel nervousness as his words echo in my head and I feel his rough hand hold onto me.

"I am going to need something from you in return, though."

Of course, I should've seen this one coming. Why would he just give me what I wanted for my own benefit? Nonetheless, I nod my head knowing I have to do whatever it takes to quite literally save my life.

His hand slides down my waist, resting right on the hem of my shorts as he pulls me closer to him, "I need you to write me letters and tell me all of your Lieutenant's plans to take down our army."

My eyes widen at this as I in no way feel right betraying my own army. Giving this away will lead to my own downfall regardless; I'll be dead either way. Why would I possibly agree to this?

"What about-"

"Don't worry, we'll keep you protected," Carter says, his hand sliding over my ass, squeezing it without a second thought. His touch is sickening but I find comfort in knowing that he definitely managed to press the button without even noticing. Let's see how long it is before Lieutenant Hemmings is here. "After it's all said and done, you'll come with us."

I don't doubt that he's trying to seduce me to get me to do what he wants as his lips place themselves on my neck. I cringe as I feel him placing sloppy kisses on my neck, his hand keeping a firm grip on my ass. I want to push him off but I fear if I do he'll scream out my secret.

I don't know what to do or say. I know I need to keep my identity hidden but I could never betray Lieutenant Hemmings in the way Carter wants me to.

His other hand reaches down as well and I feel him tug on my neck, sending a shiver up my spine. In order to get him to stop, I immediately speak up and say, "I'll do it."

I don't know what comes over me as I say this but a part of me believes that I just wanted him off of me. However, another part of me knows that this is my only chance of survival. This is the only way I can make it home considering if I don't, my secret will be out to everyone.

Carter smirks against my neck, clearly satisfied in believing he seduced this out of me. He hardly has time to dwell on it as I feel his body roughly pulled away from my own and a fist is sent to his face in seconds.

I gasp, my hands covering my mouth, as I watch his body fall to the ground and a furious Lieutenant Hemmings stands above him.

"Control your filthy mutts, Damien," Lieutenant Hemmings says, grabbing my wrist and pulling me to his side.

Damien only chuckles as Carter gets up, ready to fire back at Lieutenant Hemmings, but Damien shakes his head and holds him back from doing so.

"Can't bring a pretty little girl like her here and expect us to keep our hands to ourselves."

Carter smirks as he wipes under his bloody nose and looks to me, "Is this your new hook up, Lila? What does Irwin think of him? After all, it's a bold move to fuck your Lieutenant."

"Carter, stop," I say, not wanting for them to know my connection to him.

"I know this blondie can't fuck you the way I did," Carter says with a cocky smirk. "But then again, I fucked you while you were still a virgin so I had you nice and fresh."

I look to him in utter disgust as I'm half tempted to break his nose, just as I had done to Brink. Thankfully, Lieutenant Hemmings beats me to it as he grabs onto Carter's neck and throws him onto the ground with no hesitation.

"You better watch your fucking mouth," Lieutenant Hemmings seethes to Carter as he towers over the bloody boy. I can see the way Carter tries to bite back the pain but it's extremely evident.

The fury is evident in Lieutenant Hemmings' features as his fists are clenched to his side and his eyes are as wide as can be. Not only that but his face is red and he looks as if he could kill someone in this moment.

"I don't blame you for fucking your cadet. The way that girl screams had me coming undone in seconds," Carter says to Lieutenant Hemmings as I know he's trying to have the upper hand. He wants to have some control over the situation and it seems to be working as I squeeze Lieutenant Hemmings' wrist, silently begging for him to not touch him again.

Obviously, I'd love to watch this guy get beat up but I fear the consequences Lieutenant Hemmings will face if he's too harsh on him.

"No fair, I want a turn," Damien says to me, as he eyes me from head to toe with hunger in his eyes. I stand still, attempting to act tough as I'm tired of these damn men looking at me like I'm meat.

Lieutenant Hemmings steps in once more, "I will fucking break your-"

"I think that's enough for your visit today," Damien says, with a chuckle as he keeps his eyes on me, cutting off Lieutenant Hemmings. "Lila, you are always welcome back. We tend to get a little bored around here."

"Go fuck yourself," I say before I can even stop myself.

Lieutenant Hemmings increases his grip on my hand as if fearful I'll go after them like he had. I'm sure if he wants anyone getting injured, he wants it to be on his behalf.

Damien chuckles and pats Carter on the back, making me only that much more infuriated.

"Got our girl all heated up," Damien says. "Nothing better than some angry sex, am I right?"

"We're leaving," Lieutenant Hemmings seethes, luckily not bothering to listen to these jackasses further.

I'm thankful for this, wanting to get out of here above all. Today didn't go according to plan for me and I doubt I'll find myself falling asleep at all tonight.

"Come back soon, babe," Carter calls after me.

I just ignore him as Lieutenant Hemmings drags me away, not giving anyone else a second look. I can tell he's heated; heated beyond belief. Because of this, I keep my mouth shut in fear that I could do something wrong and make this all worse.

I have to almost run just to keep up with him as his long strides take us across the grounds quicker than ever. I want to tell him to slow down but I know that will only anger him more.

"Why didn't you press the button sooner?" Lieutenant Hemmings seethes under his breath, not daring to look at me.

"I had it under control-"

"He practically had his hand down your pants, that's under control to you?" Lieutenant Hemmings asks, his voice rising in the slightest.

I decide not to respond considering everything I say at this point will piss him off. We need to get to the plane and then I'll explain the situation and what had just happened.

When the plane comes into view, Lieutenant Hemmings only picks up his pace more not giving it another second. I get why he wants to leave, but forcing me to keep up with his uncomfortably fast pace is practically impossible.

The pilot gets out immediately to allow us to step in. Lieutenant Hemmings of course doesn't thank the pilot as he gets in without another word leading me to do the work for both of us as I shoot him a thankful smile.

Lieutenant Hemmings takes his previous seat which I know means I have to take my previous seat as well. So I reluctantly walk over and sit down beside him as his eyes shoot daggers into every part of me. On top of that, his face is practically red and his eyes are a darker shade than usual.

"What the fuck happened, Lila?"

"What do you mean what happened?" I ask, not looking at him.

"How the hell do you know that guy?" Lieutenant Hemmings asks me.

"He used to be friends with Ashton," I say purposefully leaving out Declan.

"Who you stupidly let take your virginity?"

Looking to him in disbelief, I can't help but snap back at him as I ask, "Is the person who took my virginity any of your business?"

"It is when it's one of our rivals who was groping you no longer than-"

"He was touching my ass, Lieutenant Hemmings. He didn't have a gun pointed at my head," I say, rolling my eyes.

I don't know why he's this fired up over him touching my ass. Hell, if he knew what was even said, it would be the end of the world.

"That's not acceptable, Lila," Lieutenant Hemmings seethes, looking at me with fury in his eyes. "These missions aren't a chance for you to get felt up for your own pleasure. This trip was strictly business."

"You think I don't see that? I didn't press the button so I could get more answers for you. I can handle a guy touching my ass, hell, you're the one who made me climb a pole while the whole entire army stood there, laughed, and harassed me!"

This seems to make Lieutenant Hemmings go quiet as he keeps his gaze on me as his mouth is shut. I know this seems to have hit him considering he's getting pissed at me for a guy touching me inappropriately when he openly let people harass my body just the other day.

"You're welcome for making that sacrifice so you have more answers," I say, shaking my head at him. "God knows you'll still make my life a living hell regardless of the fact I went out there and was willing to do whatever it takes to help."

"I didn't expect you to do something so stupid-"

"How was it stupid, Luke?" I ask, my voice rising as I use his first name and don't find it in me to correct myself. "How are you going to look me in the eyes and tell me that was stupid after what I just did for you? Why can't you just trust me?"

Lieutenant Hemmings opens his mouth once more but I cut him off again.

"If you didn't trust me, why'd you even bring me in the first place? Was this just an opportunity for you to have more to hold against me?"

"Lila, I do trust-"

"But-"

"Let me talk," he says, his voice sharp as he shuts his eyes. "Anything could've happened in seconds. One second he could've been groping you, the next he could've had you pinned against a tree with his hand covering your mouth. If anything like that would've happened to you, I would never forgive myself."

I stay silent, finally hearing a proper explanation as to where he's coming from. Sure everything was okay in the moment, but all hell could've broke loose at any minute.

"I appreciate what you did, and I appreciate you making a sacrifice to make sure things run smoothly but I don't want you to do things that will cause harm to you. You shouldn't have to offer your body just so we can get more answers. I won't allow it."

I'm shocked by his words and completely taken aback. However, I can't help but appreciate them as they seem to finally show a side to him that actually cares. Due to this, I nod my head to show that I can understand why he's upset.

Like I said, thankfully nothing was as bad as it could've been and Lieutenant Hemmings got to me in time.

"Moving on," Lieutenant Hemmings says, grabbing out his notepad from earlier as he clearly wants to stop discussing this subject. "Do you have anything you picked up from today for me?"

I look over his notepad to see he's made two different list sections, one for the aquatics center and one for the gun range.

Pointing to the aquatics, I say, "They tread water for six hours. At hour four, they train the rest of the two with all their weapons."

Lieutenant Hemmings nods, writing everything down quickly as I dread the idea of having to do what they did. Treading water for six hours? I think I'd die. Hopefully, he doesn't actually think this is a good idea.

"Anything else you caught in there?"

"No, it was just a bunch of guys treading water while a few guys yelled at them."

Lieutenant Hemmings moves his pen over to the other side and looks at me expectantly for answers regarding the gun range. I feel my heart drop at this as I still can't get the image of all these guys being plastered on huge targets for people to shoot at.

Plus, I know I can't tell him I saw my brother on there. I have no reason as to how I know that was Declan on there so I plan to keep it as vague as possible.

"You, Ashton, Calum, and some other guy were taped to targets as they all shot at you guys. They were pretty relentless about it," I say looking down, the image being too much as it gives me the chills.

"Who was the other guy?" Lieutenant Hemmings immediately asks with furrowed eyebrows.

"I don't know but he was the biggest of them all," I say. "Tan and had dark, curly hair."

Lieutenant Hemmings seems to think of it for a second before saying mostly to himself, "Must've been Declan, thank god he's not out here."

Wanting to try to get some form of answers from him, I can't help but attempt to press for them regardless of the fact that he may not appreciate it.

"Why?"

"He just lost his- never mind," Lieutenant Hemmings says, shaking his head as he scribbles down what I had said. Did he mean to say arm? He had to have been about to. Maybe he didn't want to say this to me in order to refrain from scaring me off. Either way, I don't push it further and just let the subject be dropped.

The second I seem interested, I'm sure he could get answers out of me.

"Is that everything?"

I nod my head, "And then Carter found me."

Lieutenant Hemmings closes the notebook, slipping it back in the seat in front of him as he stretches out his legs for a second.

"Well done Lila, I'm impressed."

I can't help but smile at this, thankful the mission was kind of successful. I could've walked out with no new information but instead, I was able to give Lieutenant Hemmings some answers.

"Thank you for trusting me enough to bring me," I say, folding my hands on my lap as I want to show my appreciation of him bringing me on this kind of trip.

He just nods his head and says, "Unfortunately for you, however, we will be training twice as hard as they are to make sure we can top them at whatever they do."

I resist the urge to groan as I just nod my head as well and look down. God, it's going to be hell. But if it means we make it out alive, then I'm willing to put in whatever work that I need to.

Just as I open my mouth to respond, I feel the plane start to shake causing me to look up in alarm as I see Lieutenant Hemmings looking just as alarmed as myself.

"Looks like we're encountering an unexpected storm," our pilot says, making Lieutenant Hemmings stand up.

"Well too bad, we need to get back," he says firmly.

"No can do, we're going to have to land and stay the night in the closest city."

What? My mouth drops open at this as I think about not going right back and spending the night elsewhere with these two. I can't say the idea is that big of a deal to me but I know Lieutenant Hemmings needs to get back to train.

"We don't have time for that, get us back now."

"The risk of flying the plane while a storm is occurring is a huge risk. I can get us down safely or we can risk dying just trying to get back a little bit earlier."

"I'll take that risk-"

"Lieutenant Hemmings, the army can deal without you for a night. They can't deal without you forever," I speak up hoping to convince him.

I don't want to die because he doesn't want to wait out this storm.

He seems to mutter curse words under his breath before dragging a hand through his hair, "Fine. But we are out as soon as the weather clears up."

"Yes sir," is all the pilot says as he seems to begin to descend.

I let out a sigh of relief as Lieutenant Hemmings sits back down, jaw set and clearly clenched. It's clear he's beyond angry we have a minor set back but for me, I could definitely use a night off.

a/n

ahh i wonder whats gonna happen next chap

lots to come as always because when is there not lots to come??

hope u guys liked!! thank u for the love!! love u all endlessly

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

2K 138 27
"Why Nora? Why did you leave?" He asked. "Why did you disappear with no goodbye or see you later, or even a note explaining everything or even a pho...
231K 8.1K 45
Where a girl who obsesses over books and likes dark nail polish falls for a boy who ironically dislikes books and would rather just hear her * a/n :...
815 89 30
~ DISCLAIMER ~ No matter if you're new to my story or if you've read it before, I want to put the disclaimer out there that this story contains matur...
7.2K 311 23
Voicemail, yet again. Taking a deep breath, I start the message. "Hey, I've called you again. This is the last one, I swear. Remember when we would c...