Innocently Falling

By Imisshoe

Meet Ella a simple minded girl who just wants to go out of her small town to grow as a person. She is quirky... More

Chapter 1: Here I come
Chapter 2: It Begins
Chapter 3: Interview day
Chapter: 4 Work. Work. Work.
Chapter 5: Curious
Chapter 6: A fabulous Friend
Chapter 7: Routine
Chapter 8: Crush
Chapter 9: Meal
Chapter 10: Something fishy
Chapter 11: delivery
Chapter 12: just a stomach ache
Chapter 13: Am I dead?
Chapter 14: Nurse
Chapter 15: Caring for You
Chapter 16: Hospital Vacation
Chapter 17: Furious
Chapter 18: Hallucination
Chapter 19: Microwave
Chapter 20: formal wear not required
Chapter 21: Coffee date??
Chapter 22: D-Day
Chapter 23: Missing you.
Chapter 24: Giddy
Chapter 25: Daddy
Chapter 26: Warmth
Chapter 27: My Escape
CHAPTER 28: Teflon
CHAPTER 29: Impossible
Chapter 31: What If
Chapter 32: IG official
Chapter 33: Save the Planet
Chapter 34: Dark side
Chapter 35: Reunion
Chapter 36: Amen
Chapter 37: Displacement
Chapter 38: Oh brother
Chapter 39: Meeting
Chapter 40: Birthday
Chapter 41: Bitten fruit
Chapter 42:BJ
Chapter 43: Hooker
Chapter 44 Spongebob
Chapter 45: SleepOver
Chapter 46: Physical
Chapter 46: $100
Chapter 47: 4.0
Chapter 48: Assignment
Chapter 49: Hybrid
Chapter 50: Bleeding
Chapter 51: College adventures
Chapter 52: let it go
Chapter 53: M.I.B
Chapter 54: looney toons
Chapter 55: The pre-nup
Chapter 56: I do not!
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter 1
Bonus Chapter 2
Bonus Chapter 3
Bonus Chapter 4
Bonus Chapter 4 ver. 2.0
Bonus Chapter 5
Bonus Chapter 5 ver 2.0
Chapter 5 version 3.0
Bonus Chapter 6
Bonus Chapter 7
Bonus Chapter 8
Bonus Chapter 9
Bonus Chapter 10
Bonus chapter 11
Bonus Chapter 12

CHAPTER 30: The Boss

31.7K 1.3K 128
By Imisshoe

CHAPTER 30: The Boss

SCOTT'S POV (Surprise!)

I am working for Mr. Rosen-Hower for more or less than 5 years.
I can tell you it is very very hard.
First he is a perfectionist. There should be no major mistakes at all or you'll face his wrath.
You need to anticipate what he needs. Everything should be neat and organize.
He never interact with his employees casually. He is a cold and serious person.
I've never seen him smile, never seen any female companion at all.

I am not gay but a man knows if a brother is so dang handsome we can appreciate that.

Shit if I have the same face as him I'll never get tired of looking in the mirror every minute. So I understood why most of his employees would like to work on this floor.

I don't think anything can penetrate his titanium like defense until HER.

Several months ago he called me in his office suddenly asking where are the documents that was printed in the 15th floor.

I gave it all to him and he remove all the sticky notes that was attach in every documents. He gave the documents back to me after and he kept the notes. Personally I did not bother to read what was written in those notes.

A few months later he decided to inspect the whole building.
Normally if he wants to conduct a surprise inspection he will notify me a week before so I can reschedule his meeting but this inspection is literally a "Surprise" one because even I his PA doesn't know anything about it.

The same thing happened in every inspection. He fired employees left and right. He reprimanded all managers and directors. For godsake he even check if there are dust on tables and other furnitures.

Stock rooms was inspected especially the cafeteria. That was the most amazing to him he values his employees. We are not required to have an overtime but if we really need too. we are paid handsomely. Food is available 24/7. He is very strict which is understandable but he never neglect his employees.

And then he acted unusually when we reach the 15th floor. He took a deep breath before the elevator door openened I don't know if it is from exhaustion or he is nervous. 

Mr. Rosen-Hower nervous? Impossible.

He is always compose in every situation. I never saw him nervous at all. When the stock market collapses he handled it very well as if our company is not in crisis.
As usual he checks everything.
And then he gets weird.
Since I am working for him for a long time I know if there is something wrong with him.

When we entered the printing room a female worker was sitting on the floor. I thought "shit another person that will get sacked." How wrong am I.

He stare at her for a moment and then he caught her attention by clearing his throat. This woman is obviously nervous when she saw that someone witness what she is doing. I am amaze that she can respond to our boss albeit weirdly but heck some of the employees including me can't even look at him in the eyes.

This is the first time that Mr. Rosen-Hower started a conversation with an employee willingly. He even told her to tell him if there is anything she needs! Is someone poisoning our boss? Why is he acting like this.
After that inspection his mood is suddenly lighter.

The following week he adjusted my shift our out is until 4pm only. But note this only on our floor. The rest is at 5pm. Weird right?

Three months ago I was in my house relaxing when he suddenly calls my phone. He never calls me unless it is an emergency.

He wants to cancel all his schedules for a few weeks because his "fiancè" was sick.

He has a fiancè? I reminded him that we have a meeting in a few days. It is an important one. I was shock when he told me he'd rather loose that deal than leave his fiancè.

Wow. Whoever this woman she is a special one. We negotiated this deal for months and he is just throwing it away just because of this woman. It is a $100 million deal!

For the rest of the week I just sent him the emails that he needed to respond and reschedule all his meetings.

Some of our directors are asking why Boss was absent for a week. I just told them that our Boss was out of the country.
I can not tell them the real reason because Mr. Rosen-Hower was a very private person. Even the media only knows the basic information about him.

After a week he came back and I am tempted to ask him about his fiancè but I know it will cost my job so I just shut up.

Then another unusual thing happened.
He got suddenly agitated and went down to I don't know what floor after a few minutes he came back accompanied by the woman inside the printing room.

I did not know what is happening because his office was soundproof.

The same woman went out of his office looking very sullen. He probably fired her.

When I was suppose to enter his office to give him his documents I suddenly backs out because I heard a glimpse of  his conversation on his phone. It goes like this. "She what?! That woman will be the death of me. Send the location to Liam and I'll be there in a few minutes."
After that he strode out of his office without any notification on where he is going.

He went back after an hour in time for his next meeting.

For the next few days he is going home earlier than expected which is very surprising.

I mean I am not complaining at all since the boss is goes home early I am going home too! No need to stay in the office.

And then I saw HER. I know immediately that she is the reason why our boss is acting strange.

The same woman in the printing room. She was in the receptionist and seems looking for something or SOMEONE.

Our receptionist on this floor did not allow her to go further BUT I will rescue her.

I approach her and introduce myself to her. Her name was Ella. She seems very timid and innocent. Opposite to our cold and demanding boss.

Since boss is in a meeting I guide her inside boss's office. He leaves it open when he is in a meeting I don't know why and I never ask.

I let her sat on the couch and went out of the room. I'll call Mr. Rosen-Hower and see what will happen. He doesn't want any interruptions at all when he is in a meeting.

I open the conference room and my eyes immediately zoom to the far end of the room where the boss usually sits.

He saw me and his eyes immediately turn into slits. Shit.

My life is at stake. If I am wrong about my theory this my last day on this job.

I approach Mr. Rosen-Hower and whisper in his ear.

"Sir an important person is in your office." He looks at me with his bored expression. I don't think even the president of USA is considered important to boss. Well okay then next strategy.

"A female in her mid 20's wearing a gla-" I did not even finish my description he suddenly stands up and walk out of the room.

Huh. First time this ever happened.
I followed him out of the room and saw Boss crouching in front of the sleeping woman in his couch. He is running his fingers through her hair as if it is made out of glass.

He stands up and went inside his private room and took out a blanket. He  places it around the womans body. After placing the blanket he kisses her hair.

Wow. This is a private moment and I am here gawking beside the door like a fool. I don't care at all If I get fired at this moment. This is moment is Gold.

"Scott."

"Yes sir!" As I heard my name I stand up properly.

He is sitting on the couch now and he leans the woman on his shoulder so her head was leaning on the crook of his neck.

"Come here."

I stand 1 feet away from him.

"Reschedule all my meetings tomorrow. Important meetings will resume this afternoon."

Then he dismisses me.

One problem. All boss meetings are very important. Every problem that reach this floor needs his attention. Million dollar deals, stock market collapse and overall appraisal of our corp are some of the problems we handle.

It is a good thing that No one cross our boss because he is very influential and this is our secret okay. Politicians are setting up a meeting to him for their funding in the election. They know if they got Rosen-Hower to support them they will win but boss doesn't care about politics. He much more focus on his private charities.

I went back at the conference room and the presenter is still standing straight in front of the room. This dude needs a chill pill.

"Gentlemen I apologize this meeting will be rescheduled. There is more important matter that Mr. Rosen-Hower needs his 100% attention. He sent his apologies. Thank you."

I went to my office to call the various company representative that is scheduled this morning. No one protest at all they just agreed. Easy peasy if your boss is intimidating as hell.

I updated his calendar and went back to his office.
I was poise to knock the glass door when boss glares at me. Okaaaayyyy.
He stands up and leans Ella on the other side of the couch.

Is-is that a drool on her face? My question was answered when boss pulls out a tissue like a magician and wipes Ella's lips.

I pinch my arms and slap my cheeks to see if I am dreaming. Is boss really wiping drools now? I think apocalypse is near. Very near if boss is acting this way.

"Done?" He ask.

"Yes sir. I updated already your calendar. There is only two meetings remaining this afternoon the one we stop this morning and with Mr. Bradford at 3pm." He nodded then suddenly we heard a female voice says "coffee" I am not kidding.

We both look at Ella and saw that she is gaining consciousness.

I don't know If I will leave and make some coffee for her or just stays and witness more sweet moments between them.

In the End boss made the decision for me and shoos me out of his office.

We got so busy in the next few days that's why I do not know if Ella meets boss in the past few days.

I am suppose to go with boss in Germany but he told me to stay here and organize the paycheck and severance pay of the following people he will fire. Yes he gave me a list. A long list.

As I was doing what he ordered Ella suddenly comes to my office to gave me some of our documents. I lend her my phone and realize that she wants to contact Mr. Rosen-Hower.

She is the only person I know who doesn't have a phone. Heck my grandmama who is 84y/o has an iphone and just plays candy crush on it.

I help her operate my iphone 11 and told her to talk in boss office for privacy. After 30 min she returned my phone and thanks me.

I got startled when my phone vibrated and it was boss calling.

I answered and then he says "You're getting a raise." Then he drops the call.

Well I did not expect that.
I am excited for the future. I know that Ella will have a good influence on Boss and vice versa and I can't wait to witness it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

301K 7.5K 29
Amelia Wilson She is smart, cute, a little bit clumsy and is completely oblivious to her surrounding. She lost her parents when she was just 5 years...
137K 3.7K 24
On the surface, Aiden had it all. Wealth, good looks, and intelligence. But beneath the veneer of masculine perfection lay a broken man. A man obsess...
9.4M 452K 109
An age gap love story. A brokenhearted billionaire. A college girl. ***** "Nevaeh," Aiden whispers, "can I rest my head on your shoulder?" I nod, l...
3.4M 98K 79
--------------- "Now answer my question", He speaks, this time with his serious tone. "What ?", I ask him . "Will you go out with me ?" ...