The Photographer - h.s

By hshw1994

I know that you're scared because I'm so open Photographs are beautiful and ageless, because even after the... More

Harry
Vic
Self titled
By Herself
Tuesday
Friends
Dreamy
Sleepless
With the band
The release
The debut
Summer feeling
Canyon Ridge
Only Exception
Watermelon Sugar
Whats your biggest fear?
The stars
The showcase
Superstar
Hold me, baby
The Email
Welcoming Committee
I think he likes me
Dinner
"I'm fine"
What now?
Shut up
Small talk
Red
Like 'em?
Be a bitch...
On the road
Night one
Paris
Barcelona
Milan
Pubs and sunflowers
Sunflower vol. 6
Day 30
Goodnight
Spiral
The collapse
Consequences
33
-your best friend
Michelle
Falling
All the best
Oh, Anna
Neighbors
Drivers seat
So in the grand scheme of things
What's one more time?
Girl Crush
Slip Away
Adore you
The Letters
Do you love me?
Cherry
Goodbye
The Gallery
Don't Push
Fine Line
Full Time
Will you?
Nice to Meet You
Canyon Moon
Getting bigger

The spot

5.7K 103 33
By hshw1994

Vic

He parked the car along the side of the road and looked over to me smiling.

"Is...is this where you murder me and hide the body? Because I watch a lot of criminal minds and I'll know what to do." I told him and he laughed and shook his head. He took the keys from the ignition and unseatbelted himself and I followed his lead.

"No, I'm not going to kill you...here." He opened his door and hopped out, I climbed from his large car and closed the door walking around the back and met him on his side as he closed the back door and held a bag in his hand. "Let's go." He said and grabbed my hand pulling me along behind him on to a trail in the woods. He let go of my hand and pulled a flashlight from his bag and handed it to me and grabbed another for himself and we lit up the trail, I just hope I trip and fall on my ass trying to keep up with Harry.

We walked for a few more minutes before we reached the end of the tree line and were faced with a large dirt ledge looking over the city. He walked forward towards the ledge and I was blown away, I didn't know a place like this existed, I didn't know a view like this existed for me to be apart of. I pulled my phone and captured this moment in a few photos... I wish I grabbed my camera from the backseat before I got out. I walked forward and stood beside him looking out to the view, I sat down on the ground and crossed my legs in front of me as Harry crouched down to join me in the dirt.

"This...doesn't even look real." I spoke quietly and I heard him chuckle softly.

"It's beautiful, isn't it?" He asked and I turned to look at him, he turned to me and smiled, it was warm and his features were soft in the glowing light from the busy city. "This is where I like to go to just....not be a person for a while." He told me and I looked back out to the lights. "It just reminds me how... just now small I am compared to all of this. Each one of those lights is someone's life, someone is living their life and we have no idea..." he said and I smiled softly, he was right though. Every light has someone and their life in it, someone I haven't ever even seen before.

"Sometimes I like to make imagine...just what's behind each of those...stars. That one is...that one is a single father coming home from a long day at work to his daughter waiting for him with the sitter, trying to do her homework...." he pointed out to the skyline and then pointed to another "and that one belongs to a tired college student with a full time job, just so she can make ends meet and try and pursue her dream." He said and i smiled, it brought me such joy and warmth listening to Harry dream about the realities before us.

"And that one..." I said and pointed out into a different direction "that one is a girl who moved to the city to try and make something of herself. She had an audition today and now she's making herself an easy dinner waiting by the phone for her results. She doesn't know it yet but she's gonna get the part." I said and I felt Harry look over to me, I looked to him and locked eyes with him.

"Where's your favorite place? Everyone has that one place they go where they can just...not have a defense up.. even if it's just for a second..." he said and I thought about it for a moment and smiled. For me...it was a small field along a hiking trail and off the path. Every year around the end of summer the sunflowers start to grow along with other wildflowers through the field adding some splashes of orange and red around the ocean of yellow.

"It's a secret spot, if I tell you, it won't be my secret spot anymore." I told him and she shook his head. "Harry?" I asked and he hummed and nodded lightly to me. "Your favorite person in the world- if you had to pick, who is it?" I asked and he tilted his head and looked back out to the lights before back at me. I wanted to know his answer, I wanted to know who keeps him afloat.

"You know, you could just look it up on google. Almost any question you have has an answer online." He said with amusement it and I shook my head.

"Who cares? I don't want to read about it from some blog from some girl who knows all too many details about your life." I told him truthfully and he chuckled. And I wasn't going to go look online, I wanted to hear him tell me, I want him to share parts of himself that he wants me to see.

"Besides my mom and my sister, it's probably Mitch. He's my best friend, he's a pain in the ass, he's kind of a dick, but he's my best friend." He said with a large smile. And this is why I wanted to hear everything from him, I wanted to see the emotions he has when he talks about things that are important to him. "Who would your person be?" He asked back and smiled as I thought about Sophia.

"My best friend Sophia, definitely." I said back and he nodded with a soft smile.

"Not your parents?" He asked and my heart sunk a little and I shook my head.

"Uh...no, they aren't around anymore." I told him and his expression softened and twisted with sympathy.

"I'm sorry... when...what happened?" He asked gently and I looked back to the lights and thought about my dad and the man he used to be, and my mother's face crept in with his memory and I didn't want to imagine the type of person that she could've turned into.

"What would your perfect day look like?" I asked him avoiding the question, he looked back out at the lights and moved his hand closer to mine that sat between the two of us.

"My perfect day? Sleeping in to start the morning, I would take my time getting ready and head of to Beachwood cafe and get a coffee and a sandwich-"

"How do you take your coffee?" I interrupted and he chuckled.

"Black." He replied and I scrunched my fave in disgust, it doesn't surprise me though that he keeps his coffee order so simple. "After breakfast, I would go for a run, probably write some music, and then come here and watch it get dark and watch the city start to turn off." He said and I looked back to him, the lights reflecting in his eyes as we sat in silence for a moment.

"See? I never would've known that just by looking you up." I told him and he smiled widely and nodded.

"Yeah...I guess you're right." He hooked his pinky around mine and pulled his hand over mine and wrapped his fingers around mine and it felt like electricity was being sent through my body just from this touch. "Thank you, by the way. For agreeing to shoot with me today."

"It was more fun than I was expecting it to be." I told him honestly and he smirked. "Thank you for taking me here...showing me your spot." I told him and his smirk turned into a sheepish smile. I felt very comfortable here, with him, It felt so familiar, like we've done this before. He seems to make every conversation feel full and like it has his whole attention.

We sat in silence for a while but it was comfortable, it took up the space without overflowing or weighing too heavy. It was a perfect kind of peace.

He helped me up off the ground and I patted down my pants to get any dirt off. I grabbed my flashlight and turned it on as his turned on moments right after. He led us back to the car and held the door open for me to hop in.

"Okay, now I will take you back to your apartment." He said as he closed his door and pulled the seatbelt across his body and I smiled in response. He pulled out from the road and we started back the way we came.

"When did you find that place?" I asked him and he licked his lips before replying.

"About a year ago. I like to go there when life gets too overwhelming. It's the one of the only places I can go and not be 'Harry Styles' and to just take up as much or as little space as I need." He said and I nodded, it hurts a little knowing that he has heavy feelings like that where he seeks out an emotional shelter.

"Is it hard? Being thrown into a spotlight...I can't imagine that being fun all the time." I asked and he smirked and nodded.

"It's...it's amazing, to have such a large platform and to feel so much support and joy from everyone around me. But... I find it hard to just feel normal sometimes? Like... like I surrounded by so many people who love me and love what I do but...it can be so suffocating.. and I know I sound selfish because... this is everything, this is more than what I used to be able to dream would happen. It just, it's a lonely place to be... I'm never sure who I can or can't trust and I go through a lot of my hard shit alone." He told me and I looked over to him and his face was emotionless but soft. "But you... I know it's naive, Mitch already told me...and also weighed the pro and cons for me, and then called me a moron... before finally giving in and trusting me... but I just have this gut feeling that you are just as genuine as I think you are." He said and it made me smile...it made me smile thinking about Harry vouching for me to Mitch... it made me smile thinking about Harry even talking about me to Mitch at all. "Plus you're pretty so you get bonus points." He added as he chuckled and I smiled and hit his arm playfully as he pulled into my apartment complex.

"Well, I'd invite you up but I might have some company already." I told him and he looked at me confused but smiling.

"Are you taking about the stray cat?" He asked chuckling and I nodded with a smile. "Have you given him a name?" He then added and I gave him a sheepish smile and nodded.

"His name is Arlo. I'll tell him you said hi!" I told him happily before stepping out of the car.

"Goodnight Victoria Townes." He said before I closed the door, I paused a moment standing in the open car doorway.

"Goodnight, Harry Styles."

-
-
-
-
-
-
-

!!!!!!!!! We learned a little more about Harry in this chapter and a little bit about Vic!!

Things only go up from here everyone! I can't wait for the rest of their story to start unfolding!

I hope you're all enjoying so far and don't be afraid to leave and comments or questions you have for me!!!!

All the love
-R

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

239K 2.6K 86
One-shots, blurbs, and requests from my Tumblr account, freedomfireflies! Starring Harry Styles and you!
199K 3.8K 42
ON HIATUS When a simple act of kindness can change a girls life. Paige was just enjoying her life with her friends when she gives up her seat to hel...
62.3K 1.4K 37
You first met in Behind the Album, where you two tried your best to keep your attraction out of your business relationship, but that didn't work. The...
84.7K 1.5K 61
[UNEDITED] 'cause once you go without it, nothing else will do • • • "Why angel?" he asks, smiling, and I nod. "Cause you- you're my sweet creature a...