I'm With You - Tommy Shelby

By Nellie01247

When Thomas Shelby returns from war, he doesn't expect the nurse who stitched him up to be in his hometown. H... More

DISCLAIMER
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
THE END

Chapter 25

8.9K 186 34
By Nellie01247

"Tommy!" I call from outside his office, seated on Star with Cassie in my arms.

He comes to the window and opens it, sticking his head out. "Can you help us down?" I ask with a smile.

I wait till he comes outside before passing his Cassie then jumping down myself. "You can take Star back to the paddock, we'll be in my office," he says, making me smile.

I start leading Star to the paddock and take her tack off, making sure there is water and goldfish in the trough before giving her a kiss and leaving.

I walk into Tommy's office and laugh when I see him doing some work with Cassie in his lap holding onto his tie.

"Come sit with us for a bit, you've been doing work all day," I lightly say, giving him my best pouty face.

"Let me just finish this and I will," he says, making me smile.

I take a seat in front of them and stretch my legs out, yawning. "Come on then," he says, picking Cassie up and walking into the lounge.

I smile and run after them, taking Cassie from him as he gets the stuff to light the fire in the cold room. "Seeing you with Cass makes me want to get you pregnant more," he mumbles, sitting down next to us.

I smile and peck his cheek, "what would you think we'll have first?"

"I think we'll have a boy," he says, letting Cassie play with his fingers. "I think we'll have a girl and then a boy," I add.

"It always has been boys first in the Shelby family," he says. "We'll it's only been girls in the Loveridge family," I retort, making him smile.

"We'll see who's blood is stronger then," he cockily says. "May the best blood win," I laugh, shaking his hand.

"Now to get you pregnant, have a go once Cassie is gone?" He asks, making me laugh. "I'll think about it," I snicker.

"Evelyn!" Polly calls as the front door shuts. "We're in the lounge!" I reply.

"Hello Cassandra, Tommy."

"I need you to help me later," she says. "Can I know what?" I ask, smiling.

"It's woman's business," she says, staring at Tommy.

"It involves my wife, Polly," he says, not liking the situation.

"She's like a daughter to me Thomas. I wouldn't put her in anything remotely harmful," she says, making me smile.

"Well Cassie is getting picked up at eight and you do have some work to do in Small Heath. I'll make sure I'm back at midnight the latest," I reason with Tommy.

"You have work tomorrow, early," he reminds me.

"It won't take longer than an hour anyways," Polly adds.

"Tommy I'm going whether you like it or not, I know you worry for me but Polly will be with me and do you really think she'll let anyone even look at me the wrong way?"

"Fine, but I want a full explanation when your back," he sighs as Cassie starts to make a fuss.

"Hungry?" I ask her, picking her up. "Do you want any tea while I'm in the kitchen?" I ask them. "That would be lovely, thank you," Polly says.

I nod and head to the kitchen, putting the kettle on the stove then going to get a bottle of Cassie's milk from the fridge, beginning to feed her.

"Do you want a hand?" Helen asks, coming in with some fresh fruit and veg. "Only if it's no trouble, I just need tea making," I smile.

She nods and gets the stuff out with a tray, placing everything on that needed to be there. "You'll be a great mother one day, Evelyn," she smiles at me.

"Thank you, as much as I love my job I know I'd take time off to help raise a child," I smile, placing the bottle down so I can burp Cassie.

"All of us maids are happy to help when needed, we have had children the majority of us and now they're all grown up living their own lives," she gives me a sad smile.

"If you ever want time off just leave me a note for how long you will be gone and I'll sort something out, you'll still get paid as well, I'll make sure of it," I say, giggling when Cassie burps.

"Thank you," she smiles, taking the tray as I begin walking back to the lounge.

"Look who decided to show up," Tommy says, Comet happily wagging his tail at me.

"Where do you think he went?" I ask, smiling and thanking Helen as she places the tray down then leaves.

"Probably down by the river that's in the back of our garden," he says, not letting Comet near the furniture. I gently pass Cassie to Tommy so I can have a drink, giving him a smile.

***

"The Lees?" I ask Polly as we arrive. "I've asked them to do something for you," she smiles, telling Johnny Dogs to go get somebody.

"Good to see you Polly," the lady says, inviting us in to his caravan. "Evelyn Shelby?" She asks, making me shyly nods.

"Zilpha Lee," she smiles, sitting opposite us, "Polly tells me you need good luck coming your way?"

"Umm, I guess so?"

"She miscarried her baby at the Shelby Charity event, Tommy and Evie have been trying for one," Polly tells her, taking ahold of my hand for comfort.

"Well you do have that glow, have your breasts changed in size recently?" Zilpha asks.

"Well.. clothing has been feeling a little tight on them," I say, tears coming into my eyes as I think of the possibility.

"Any morning sickness?" Zilpha asks.

"Not yet, but I've been eating the things I craved when I was last pregnant.."

"Let me read your leaves," she says, pouring some tea that was brewing.

"Polly.. do you think I'm pregnant?" I quietly ask her, not able to stop the tears in my eyes. "You have that same glow, your breasts are bigger, you've had the same cravings. You may be, plus you don't have to have morning sickness," she replies, smiling.

"It's still hot," Zilpha says, placing a tea in front of me. "Thank you," I smile, letting it sit for a while.

"What are you hoping for?" She asks.

"I want a girl first, myself and Tommy have a small competition to see who's blood is stronger. The Shelby's have boys first and the Loveridge's always have girls first," I smile.

"Only time will tell," Polly chimes as I bring the tea up to sip.

***

It's been three days and I've eaten nothing unusual and nothing undercooked, I've been sick for two mornings like I was when I was pregnant.

"Polly?" I call, entering her house. "In the kitchen!"

I quickly walk to her kitchen, seeing Michael there as well. "Hi," I smile at them both, taking a seat.

"What do I owe the pleasure?" Polly smiles.

"It's about the other day, when you took me to see Zilpha."

"What happened with Zilpha?" Michael asks, french exhaling the smoke from his cigarette.

"Are you?" Polly asks, not listening to Michael.

"I think so, I've got all the symptoms," I grin, tears wetting my cheek.

"Congratulations!" She cheers, coming around the table to hug me.

"What? Why are... what's going on?" Michael huffs, making my laugh.

"She's pregnant again Michael, but don't tell anybody until Tommy knows," Polly firmly says that last part.

"Congratulations," Michael smiles, giving me a small hug. "Thank you!" I squeal, wiping my eyes.

"How should I tell him?" I ask them, sitting back down.

"Wait till he's in a bad mood then tell him," Polly suggests. "He's never in a bad mood around me though," I reason. "I'll rile him up a bit, have you told Jane?" She asks, smiling.

"Not yet! Pretend I told her first she'll have my head!" I laugh, getting up, excited to give my best friend this good news.

"Michael make sure she gets their safely," Polly orders him, making me giggle.

***

"You're being serious?" Jane asks, passing Cassie to Harry so she can hug me. "I wouldn't lie to you! Especially about this," I laugh, hugging her back.

"Congratulations, I'll help you go get baby clothes," she smiles, kissing my cheek. "Congratulations," Harry says, giving me a side hug.

"I'm really nervous of how to tell Tommy," I quickly inhale and exhale.

"Well I was in the market place and I saw the Shelby boys - Arthur, John and Finn - running down with worried looks on their faces," she says.

"What's that got to do with-"

There's a knock at the door and Harry goes to answer it. "Evie, Isaiah says there's a meeting," he calls.

"Fuck's sake, I'll see you later," I sigh, hugging Jane.

"Bye Harry, Bye Little Cassie," I smile, giving Harry a hug and Cassie a kiss.

"Come on, Tommy's mad," Isaiah urges me, taking ahold of my hand and running. "I'm not as fast as you, especially with heels on!" I exclaim.

"He told me he needs you there most, he might have someone's head," Isaiah says, slowing down a bit.

We make it in no time and Isaiah barges into the room, almost dragging us to the floor. "Shut up John," I grumble as he laughs as I pant for air, not used to running as fast at that for that long.

I take my seat next to Tommy as he stands, the same seat that I was sat in at the first Peaky Blinder meeting I attended

"Right, the Russians," Tommy begins, making me sigh, "the Priest likes to make threats about us Shelby's to me to make sure I don't rat him out to the Russians."

I glance around to see how people react to this, not
understanding if the Priest is actually capable of doing anything.

"Why don't you rat him out? Or have one of us show him why they call us the Peaky Blinders?" John says, Arthur nodding along since Linda isn't here.

My eyes go up to Tommy to see what he thinks of this. I can tell he wants to but there's something stopping him.

"We can't, right Evie I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner but he either did it himself or got somebody to do it. But they went into our house and left this note under your pillow," he says, passing it to me.

Can't even keep your wife safe, it would be a shame if she disappeared.

"Fucking hell," I mumble, passing it back to him so he can choose who gets it next.

"Well he's threatening our family now, especially our Evie. We should off him," Arthur grunts, not pleased.

"First, I want to know how he got the correct side of the bed, who came into the house and who came out, the maids should know. Comet would kick up a fuss if there was a suspicious person in the house so we can ask them about that as well. I want security around the house questioned and also tightened, at every side of the house at least two men." I firmly say, annoyed that I can't feel safe in my own home anymore.

"I'm already working on it, Scudboat is collecting men and making sure the house is guarded," Tommy reassures me.

"What would the Russians do? Would they think we've been on the Priests side for a bit?" Polly asks, not smoking like she always does during meetings which confuses me a little bit.

"If they know what's best for them they won't, they already know we aren't fond of the Priest," he sighs, drinking the whiskey that was placed in front of me.

"I'm gonna be sick," I mumble, running to the bathroom.

I barely manage to get by the toilet before my last meal is emptied. My hair gets held back and somebody begins rubbing my back, I recognise it as Tommy.

"You should've told me you felt sick," he mumbles, passing me a glass of water then some mints.

"I know why I'm sick, it's not contagious and I feel fine now," I say, rinsing my mouth out with the water before taking the mints and following him back out after he flushed the toilet for me.

Myself and Polly share a certain look, making me realise why she didn't smoke. I never like smoking or drinking while pregnant cause that's what my mother was surrounded by when she gave birth to me, I believe it's why she passed.

"Can we continue this meeting at my house? It's much warmer and we can all sleep there if need be," Polly says.

Tommy looks at me for an answer and I nod, keeping him behind while everybody files out.

"Are you sure you're okay? You weren't sick cause you got worried or anything right?" He asks, brushing the hairs that love to hug my face away from my face.

"I'm pregnant," I whisper, smiling.

He doesn't comprehend what I've said for at least a solid minute, just staring at me, making me giggle.

"I'm fucking pregnant Tom," I laugh, tears of joy filling my eyes for the third time again today.

"Fuck," he mumbles, pulling me in for a hug. I laugh and hug him back, not wanting to let go. "I was wondering why your tits we're getting bigger."

"Tommy!" I squeal, embarrassed.

"It's just us in here, does Polly know? Is that why she wasn't smoking?" He asks.

"Yeah, she took me to see Zilpha the night Cassie went home, the morning sickness just confirmed it really," I smile.

"You'll have two armed men near you at all times," he says, making me nod and give him a kiss.

"I love you," I mumble. "I love you too," he smiles, taking my hand so we can walk to Polly's.

We stuck close together, almost glued to each other's side and decided to walk quite quickly to Polly's for an annoying reason, I could see it on his face he wanted to tell the world.

The second we enter the room everybody is still looking quite glum, and Polly tells John to put his cigarette out.

"I've only just lit it though," he scoffs.

"Yeah well Evie's pregnant and you know the rules," Tommy says, making everybody erupt in cheers.

I smile and hug everybody that comes for one, laughing when Arthur spins me around. "I'm gonna be an Uncle!" He cheers.

"I was wondering why you didn't drink Tommy's whiskey as you normally do," Finn laughs, giving me a hug.

"Well I have some good news to," Arthur smiles, making John - who I assume already knows - laugh.

"Linda's pregnant as well," he smiles.

"Congratulations!" I cheer, knowing Arthur always wanted to be a dad.

"Be nice," I mumble to Tommy as he doesn't move from my side. "Congratulations Arthur," he nods.

I giggle and give Arthur another hug before sitting on the sofa as Tommy stands beside me - not enough room.

"Back to business, I need to know what we're going to do to keep everybody safe," Tommy says.

"I thought we sorted that, men surrounded houses and keeping an eye on what the Priest does," John says.

"Yes but now we know two of our women are pregnant," Tommy says. "Well you already said that two armed men will follow me, have the same for Linda," I say, yawning.

"She won't like that, they smoke and they hold guns, she's against that," Arthur sighs.

"What she doesn't know won't hurt her," Polly says.

"I need to know if we rat the Priest out or not," Tommy says.

"Do it, you said the Russians are quite fond of you so why would they think you lie?" I reply.

"Yeah but he's threatening your safety, Evie," Finn says.

"Teach her how to use a gun," Michael says to Tommy.

"No! As much as I don't mind you lot having guns and cutting people up, I am not holding one, ever," I scoff.

"Tommy I said no," I firmly say as he begins thinking about it. "Alright, m'sorry," he mumbles.

"I'm fine with armed men walking me places and shadowing me for how long need be," I sigh.

"Then that's what we'll do, you'll get to choose the men but it has to be our choice who you get to choose from," Tommy says.

"Deal," I smile, jokingly shaking his hand as we always do when we agree on something.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

811K 21.8K 53
In which Thomas Shelby draws up an alliance between his family and that of his rival, not knowing that it's to have far more complications than he th...
142K 3.7K 31
As kids, they'd been convinced they'd hate each other forever. But when Bryce's life began to fall apart at the seams, Tommy was always trying to pie...
101K 1.4K 38
Nancy Shelby. She is the heart of the Shelby family. At just 7 years old, she seems to be the only person who can make Thomas Shelby smile a real smi...
37.6K 777 10
The love story of Eve Jesus the preachers daughter and Tommy Shelby.