Fated Rivals

By StarFusion77

Elijah(Eli) has always been competing with Grayson(Gray) for as long as he could remember. Whether it was gra... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Fated Rivals Info Page
Character Descriptions
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29

Chapter 13

5.9K 205 30
By StarFusion77

Elijah's POV

Isn't school just the BEST. I get to be stuck in a stress-induced waste land full of people who hate me for no reason and stress on learning knowledge that will never be useful to me. Now normally I would be fine with school since I have friends, I actually like math, and volleyball is cool. But now even those few joys can't make things barrable here since everyone now knows that Gray and I are soulmates. You would think that that wouldn't matter, but the problem is Gray is supposed to fully be head alpha by now, but of course I'M the only obstacle in his way.

And everybody knows that.

So, imagine having the entire school stare at you like you're the grossest thing to ever grace the planet earth when you arrive on Monday morning, all throughout that day, and for the next TWO WEEKS. Yeah, not the greatest feeling. I even avoided homecoming this year because I knew that things wouldn't be pretty if I showed up; which is fine by me since that gave me more time to train at the dojo with Atlantis. It's Thursday now and I'm still getting sour looks, and snide remarks. I mean, I like attention but not THIS much attention.

"You would think that people would get over this shit by now," Atlantis mutters as we walk to meet up with the others for lunch. She growls at some people who keep glaring at me whispering. They quickly walk away but keep on whispering.

"People are just being pricks because they can. Once Gray finds some bitch to mate with things will be back to normal," I say with a shrug.

"And you're sure that you're okay with that?" she asks.

"With Gray finding someone else? Why wouldn't I be?"

"Well, you guys haven't rejected each other so seeing Gray with someone else might... upset you. And things can get messy when your upset." We grab our food and make our way over to our usual table.

"Look I'm fine! I didn't care what girls Gray was with before and I won't care now. Plus, who says I can't find someone for me?" She raises an eyebrow at that while trying to hold in her laughter.

"What? You don't think I can get a girlfriend?" I ask, narrowing my eyes.

"No, it's just that you never really acted on finding someone or asking out your crushes since middle school."

"Hey, don't hate! I can date anyone I want. I've just never had much ambition into doing it until now."

"Doing what?" Beth asks as we sit down.

"Don't tell me you're doing the devil's tango with random people!" Milo says.

"What? No!" I say, but I can feel a blush growing which isn't helping my case.

"Oh no, my sweet, innocent, closeted bisexual Eli is being tainted by wicked men! Where did I go wrong?!" He dramatically "faints" into Beth who pats his head and shakes hers.

"I'm not having sex with anybody! Also, why would you assume that it would be with guys?" Now I know my face is red because I feel it burning.

"Hey, don't knock it till you try it," Milo says with a wink. Sometimes I really hate him.

"Okay, Milo cool it before Eli explodes with embarrassment," Atlantis says "What Eli was originally talking about was finding someone to be with, besides Gray."

"What?!" Beth and Milo say together.

"Yep. We pretty much rejected each other, even if it wasn't official, so might as well find someone else."

"But he's your soulmate! The one that your destined to be with. The one who's best suited for you. You can't just give up so easily!" Beth says.

"Look you may not know this, but Gray has been a jerk to us and especially me since before high school. If he was really suited for me than I wouldn't have despised him all these years," I say. I can't really blame Beth for being at different schools than us before, but I'm sure that she can pick up on the fact that I have bad blood with Gray.

"I know you've had your bad moments with Gray but I honestly have to agree with Beth on this," Milo says crossing his arms.

"I'm sorry, what?" He can't be serious! We're talking about the same Gray here right?!

"Yes, Gray has been a jerk in the past and even now, but don't act like you aren't a jerk to him too. Plus, I think your just confusing Gray's actions with those of his friends, like Luke."

"They might as well be the same thing since he hangs out with them. Atlantis, please tell me you don't agree with them." I turn to my only hope of an ally, only to see her shrug and continue to eat her lunch (which is technically two school meals worth but I don't blame her). "I can't believe that you guys think that I should try and DATE Grayson Farrell. I must have fallen through a blackhole and ended up in some alternate reality," I say burying my face in my hands.

"All I'm saying is that you shouldn't be so quick to judge Gray. At the very least, maybe you could try being friends with him!" Milo says. I look up at him and Beth and they're giving me the biggest puppy dog eyes they can muster while clasping they're hands together. I take a deep breath and sigh. I hate it when they use the puppy dog eyes, it's so unfair!

"Okay fine, I'll TRY to befriend him. A little. But only that." They both let out a little cheer and immediately start talking about future wedding plans for me and Gray. Uuuuugh.

At least your friends are happy for who our soulmate is.

You stay out of this.

Meany

"I blame you for not supporting me," I say to Atlantis, who has somehow finished her lunch already.

"Look on the bright, at least they aren't pushing you to asking him out right now."

"None of this is that much of a bright side."

"To be honest, I'm not super for or against you being with Gray. But I do think the two of you could benefit from having an actual conversation with each other that doesn't result in fighting. Who knows, maybe you'll have something in common." Atlantis gets up to throw away her trash, leaving me to think over her words. Would Gray and I have anything in common? I mean, we both did play on the basketball team together in middle school, so maybe there is something else that we both like even now. I feel a tap on my shoulder and turn to see who it is, and immediately all thoughts of Gray leave my mind as I see the prettiest girl in school standing behind me.

Eris Price.

Now if you were to ask anyone else at this school, they would probably say that that title belongs to Kristy Brown. But those people are horny idiots. Because unlike that demon Barbie wanna-be, Eris is kind, and gentle, and caring of others. It also doesn't hurt that she has pretty shoulder-length, bleach-blonde hair that's dyed blue at the ends, rich brown eyes, and a cute beauty mark under her left eye. Wait, I think I'm starring to much right now. Quick idiot, say something!

"H-hi."

Real smooth

Shut Up!

"Hi," she says, giggling. She has such a cute laugh. "Elijah, right?"

"Yeah, but you can call me Eli," I say rubbing the back of my neck.

"Is it okay if I steal you away from your friends for a bit?"

I look over at Milo and Beth who are now talking about the guest list for my never-going-to-happen wedding with Gray. Ugh. They'll be able to keep themselves entertained. "Absolutely," I say getting up from the table. She walks me over to a not crowded area of the cafeteria, and turns back to me.

"I need your help with something."

"My help?"

"Yep! You see, I'm a part of the school newspaper committee and we're going to start doing articles on the clubs around school, and I wanted to do one on the volleyball club. But I, uh, don't know much about the club or even the sport sadly. So, I was hoping that you could teach me volleyball basics and more about what you and your team do," she says twirling her hair around her finger.

I know I was cursing the universe for being cruel to me before but right now, I take it all back. Not only is Eris talking to me, but she also wants to spend more time with me, AND learn more about something I'm into! Pinch me I must be dreaming, because this seems too good to be true! Wait...

"Not that I'm not flattered, but how come your interested in the volleyball club? I'm sure there are lots of more interesting choices to choose from. Plus, I'm sure you know about the whole ...situation... I'm in right now. Are you sure you want to spend time with me?"

She gives me the prettiest smile I've ever seen and nods. "I'm sure. I don't think you being Grayson's mate should ward off people from wanting to get to know you." I crinkle my nose at the "Grayson's mate" part. Still not used to that yet. "And to answer your first question, I think that the volleyball club is such a neglected part of the sports department here. Which isn't fair. So why not spread some good information on it."

I can't help but smile back at her. With such a bubbly demeanor and eyes full of determination, I can't see any ill-intent behind her words. That and this could be my chance to get to know her better and maybe ask her out!

Oh hunty, no

Don't be salty

"I don't know how well I can help out, but I'll try my best," I say.

"Great, thank you-"

"Eeeek! What the hell?!"

Eris gets cut off by the sound of liquid spilling and Milo shrieking behind us. I quickly turn and see him covered in milk with that bitch Kristy holding the carton, cackling with her equally bitchy friends. Even people from nearby tables are laughing, fucking assholes. I hastily say bye to Eris before rushing over towards them but Atlantis beats me to it.

"The fuck do you think you're doing bitch!" Atlantis growls, towering over Kristy.

Kristy fakes a yawn and glares back at her. "It was an accident, I swear~, right girls." Her lackies nod furiously behind her, looking slightly scared now. "Besides, that sour milk covers up his nauseating omega scent, so I was doing him a favor. And before you try anything, remember that my daddy owns this school and he can have you expelled in a heartbeat, delta."

I can feel the rage radiating off of Atlantis as I get closer to the situation. I don't know why she's talking so much shit when she's only a beta anyways. But, I better intervene before Atlantis considers being expelled worth punching her.

"Wow~ are you that desperate to talk to your daddy dearest that you're willing to get others expelled? I knew you were attention seeking but this is just sad," I say shaking my head, and moving Atlantis further away behind me. At least that got a giggle out of Milo whose being cleaned by Beth with a ton of shitty school napkins.

"Fuck off omega trash, you're the reason why my beloved Gray-bear can't be Head Alpha right now. If I was his mate, I would have fucked him as soon as possible," Kristy says with a dreamy sigh.

Ugh, I think I'm actually going to throw up. "I'm sure you would ride any cock if it gave you enough empty compliments." At least that wiped that smirk off of her face.

"I'm sure you would know that from experience, knot-slut! Humph! Come on girls we've got better things to do than squabble with lower sub-genders." And with that they saunter off with they're prissy noses stuck up in the air, and sticks up they're asses.

"Fucking finally," I mumble turning towards Milo. "Are you good dude?"

"Yeah, this is the only time I not happy being wet and sticky," he says giggling. Yep, that's Milo for you. Some how he can turn a bad situation into something good or funny.

"And to think, I was actually concerned about you," I say sitting back down at the table.

"You should have at least let me slap her a couple of times," Atlantis grumbles, plopping down on her seat.

"Not gonna happen captain, I kind of need you to stay in school till graduation. Plus, whose gonna help me with these two if your gone?"

"Hey!" Milo and Beth say together. Atlantis lets a chuckle slip out before going back to her grumpy face. At least she's in a slightly better mood now. Honestly, I would have loved to see Kristy get the shit beaten out of her, but I know that it would lead to Atlantis actually getting expelled and her father getting into a heated argument or fight with Kristy's father. Which isn't good, seeing as both of them are very important figures in the pack, and the current head alpha's advisors. So best to avoid things getting worse in some weird butterfly affect. Seriously, where's Gray when you need him to reign in one of his lap dogs.

*****

Exhausted from practice and school life, I trudge through my front door to see my parents waiting for me in the living room. "Honey, how are you? How was school?" mom says with a smile, but she looks a bit pissed off.

"Good? What's going on?" I ask tossing my bookbag by the door and sitting on the couch in front of them, looking between the two of them.

"Ask your father. It was his idea, that he didn't bother telling me until today," she says, looking at him with a tight-lipped smile.

"Dad, what's going on?" I ask again, getting more worried by the second. Did I do something wrong? It doesn't seem like it since mom looks more annoyed at dad than at me so that's a good sign. So, what did he do?

"I arranged for us to have the Farrells over for dinner tonight," he says as if it was no big deal. Dinner with Gray? Here? I'd rather actually be in trouble.

I let out a bitter laugh. "The Farrells? As in Gray's family? No thanks, I'll pass." I get up to leave but dad quickly blocks my path.

"Oh no you don't. This is dinner with the Head Alpha and his family, do you know how much of a disrespect it would be to turn down something like that?" He's got a point. I don't want to increase my chances of possibly getting kicked out of the pack.

"Well, why did you invite them in the first place? You know that me and Gray aren't exactly buddy-buddy," I groan.

"That exactly why I invited them. Grayson is you're mate whether you want him to be or not. So, you might as well get to know him."

"But dad-"

"I don't want to hear it! This is a big deal not only for this family, but for the pack as well. You're destined to be the next Luna and lead this pack to a brighter future; don't you realize how big of an opportunity this is?" he says.

All I can do is clench my fist and glare at the floor. I already know that this isn't even about me, it's about him. Has been ever since I was a kid. Back then he would always brag to his colleges about how amazing I was, and they would all agree that the Matthews had another "great alpha" within the family tree. That is, until it turned out that I was an omega, then all of that praise died down quickly. Now HE has another chance to gain his respect back and more if I end up being the pack Luna. Makes me sick, but like he said I can't turn down a dinner with the head alpha now.

"So, make sure you're dressed and groomed properly when they get here," he says.

I mutter a "whatever" and move past him, up the stairs to my room. I can already here my mom chastising dad, before I slam my door close. Even more drained than before, I fall onto my bed and scream into my pillow. Why did this day have to start out good, then get great, and then turn super shitty?

I'm sure you're thrilled that you get to see them tonight.

While that may be true, I still don't like the shady motivations behind it.

Really?

Of course, while I do really want to see Onyx again, I don't want you to be this upset over it.

*Sigh* No it's fine, really. I'm not that upset about seeing Gray, I just don't like the fact that dad did this without talking to me first. I already have fate controlling a good chunk of my life, I don't need other people trying to take control too.

True. On the bright side, your dad will totally owe you for this. Maybe we can get him to buy those expensive watercolors that you've been blabbering about lately.

Haha yeah, maybe. Let's just hope that things go smoothly tonight.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

679K 29.5K 32
Book 1 - Gyres of Hunger (MxM) A world that has divided citizens into different classes, there's people who rule and people who follow. Ezekiel is s...
16.3K 637 42
There are many types of mates in the werewolf world. Alpha x Alpha, Omega x Beta, Alpha x Beta, Beta x Beta, Omega x Alpha, But there has never been...
3.3K 129 8
*MATURE* Dantè Willow, a 21- year old omega abhorred Alphas after an unsightly incident that transpired right before his eyes. His life immediately v...
882K 44.4K 186
Almost two centuries had passed since vampires emerged from the shadows. After declaring themselves as the dominant species and for all humans to be...