Love For A Spider | Sanders S...

By HarperIsGonee

There are not just humans in the world. Humans and.. the others. The others are many different creatures of a... More

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Halloween Special
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven

Christmas Special

643 42 34
By HarperIsGonee

This isn't apart of the story, this is just a side story of the main story. This is simply a special.

Merry Christmas!
________________________________

Virgil woke up to a peaceful house. Which would normally be concerning, but not in the winter season.

That's when Janus would hibernate.

It wasn't nice for anyone during hibernating season. Janus would sleep all day and night, only occasionally getting up to eat, use to bathroom, or shower. And the bedroom would be very warm, but Remus sleeps naked anyways, so he never minded to heat. Janus would also cuddle into his side, seeking for warmth and affection.

Therefore, Virgil would be alone. While its dad is sleeping and its father is at work, it was utterly alone for Christmas breaks.

Not this one though.

Virgil was creating a web in the corner, bored out of its mind. It hated winter. Its dad is asleep for an entire month and an extra few days or a week.

It jumped when it heard a knock on the door. That's weird, father is at work and dad is sleeping. So who would-

It was hit with a wave of a familiar and addicting scent.

Cookies and lavender.

Patton.

Virgil immediately ran over to the door and opened it.

It was going insane without the human boy beside it. Virgil wanted nothing more then to make a web and hide Patton away from the outside world, keeping him for itself. But Christmas break took Patton away from it.

Before Patton could say anything, Virgil beat him to it, "Can I hug you?" it asked.

Patton was surprised, but then smiled warmly and nodded.

Virgil instantly wrapped all of its limps around Patton, taking in a deep inhale of his scent.

"Uh, we're here too." Another familiar voice said. Virgil simply hissed, squeezing Patton tighter, "I only need Patton right now, Roman."

Patton giggled, wanting to hug the creature back, but he couldn't with the grip it had on him.

Virgil eventually let go with a red face, "Sorry.. I just missed you." It said sheepishly.

Patton giggled again, "It's all fine!"

"Salutations," Logan greeted, "We are here to give you company."

Roman rolled his eyes, "They mean hang out."

Virgil brightened, "That's great! It's been so boring around the house and lonesome." It moved aside to let them in, shutting the door after.

"Lonesome? How come?" Patton asked, sitting on the couch.

"It's winter, which means hibernating season, which means my dad is hibernating." Virgil sat next to Patton, bringing him closer to it with its spider legs.

"Oh, I didn't know reptile creatures did that. Does that mean bears do it too?" Roman asked, looking around at the many webs in the living room.

"Any animal that hibernates during winter does, and we're part animal, so creatures with those animal parts are." Virgil was getting annoyed that the other two were there.

Scratch that, its spider part was getting annoyed. Virgil itself loves its friends, but the spider part wanted to be alone with Patton.

Logan's eyes shines with interest, "So all creatures would do things animals would do if that animal is apart of them? That's so fascinating. I should get a book about it."

"Mhm," Virgil hummed, really hoping the other two would leave before it hides Patton in its room.

..Maybe Patton should leave too then.

Patton gasped, "Wait, does that mean you're dad won't be awake for Christmas?"

"Yeah, but it's fine. It's how it always is." Virgil shrugged, feeling a bit upset about it, but it understood.

"Well that won't do," Patton huffed, shuffling around so he could look at it, "I'll hang out with you on Christmas Eve!" he decided.

"What?" All six eyes went wide, "You don't have t-"

"I know I don't, but I will! And you can't convince me otherwise!" Patton declared, leaving no room for arguing.

Roman pouted, "I wish I could come over, but I have to dress up nice and see shitty family that day." he glared at the floor, bad memories of his aunts, uncles, cousins, and grandparents going through his head now.

Logan nodded, "I also see family that day, but we get along," they felt bad for Roman, but there wasn't anything they could do to help.

"So it'll just be.. me and Patton?" Virgil seemed to like that idea a lot, "Sucks you can't come." It added.

Roman grinned, "You two have fun on your own!~"

Patton's face went a bright red. He whined, hiding his face in Virgil's chest, "Don't say it like that!"

Virgil chuckled, wrapping its spider legs around Patton, "We would be alone." it teased.

"Not you too!"

Logan sighed, "We came here to give you company and do activities together. Should we watch TV, or do something else?" They suggested.

"TV sounds fine," Virgil said, shooting a web at the remote and dragging it back.

Roman gasped, "You're like Spiderman!"

"Yeah, no," The spider creature disagreed.

Patton snuggled into its chest, peeking out to watch the TV. Virgil hummed, relaxing with the scent on Patton around it.
.
.
.
.
Remus sighed, walking into the house after a long day of work.

It's been a few days since Patton said he'd come over, and Remus is perfectly fine with it.

He didn't see his spiderling anywhere. It must be in its room.

He took his shoes off, his tentacles laying behind him passively, twitching every now and then.

Remus headed to his bedroom, wanting to check on his mate, his husband, his love.

Despite Janus throwing chairs at him, the two really are in love. They love each other so much, and their child. They were a family, a family who loves each other.

Remus felt sad that some kids didn't have that.

With Christmas coming, he had already bought Virgil a few gifts and Janus some. Janus had bought some for Virgil and claimed to have bought some for Remus too.

When he entered his room, it was very warm. Their room had a heater installed to it for when Janus needed it.

Remus saw his mate wrapped up in blankets, sleeping peacefully in the heat.

He smiled, stripping himself of his clothes and decided to cuddle the snake for a bit.

He wasn't worried about disturbing Janus' sleep, so he just quickly got into bed, wrapping the blankets around them both.

He turned to face his lover, his tentacles beginning to wrap around Janus and bring him closer.

"Mmm, Remussssss.." Janus softly hissed out, scooting closer to his husband.

Remus smiled even brighter, a genuine one. He wrapped his arms around his husband, pulling him to his body for heat.

Janus nuzzled his scaled cheek on Remus' chest, hissing out softly in content.

Janus may not be awake at this time or be able to join them on Christmas, but he still shows love when he can.
.
.
.
.
Logan was outside in the back, away from their family.

As much as they love their family, they could sometimes get too loud, and they are not a fan of that.

So they were reading a book outside, in the cold, alone. Luckily, there wasn't any snow.

Logan heard footsteps from outside walking towards them. They assumed it was a cousin or something.

But a familiar head peeked out from the side of the house.

"Roman?" Logan questioned, "What are you doing here?" they asked in surprise.

Roman grinned, walking towards Logan, "I ditch my house and decided to come here!" he said with triumph.

Logan rolled their eyes, "That was stupid on your part. You ran away from your home and will get in trouble once you go back. And why not go to Virgil's to hang out with it and Patton?" They pointed out.

Roman huffed, sitting down next to the kid, "One: They both have a crush on each other and I don't want to be a third wheel. Two: I.. wanted to hang out with you." He smiled at the last one.

Logan felt their face heat up a bit, "Well.. I suppose.. you could stay here for the time being."

"Yay!" Roman wrapped an arm around Logan's shoulder, "I got you a gift~"

"A gift?" Logan repeated, looking at the wrapped up, small box Roman pulled out of his pocket. He handed it to them, Logan taking it.

"It's not big, just saw it and thought you'd might like it." Roman shrugged, but he looked nervous as he watched Logan peel at the paper.

Logan opened the box, their eyes going wide at the item inside.

"It's a uh, book all about different creatures and uhm, tales and their beliefs and stuff. Like, history, stories, types of creatures and their behavior, and, uh, yeah." Roman smiled nervously at Logan.

He really hoped they liked it. When he saw it, he just knew he had to get his crush it.

"I-" Logan felt flustered for some reason, taking out the book and examining it closer, "Thank you. I like it."

They smiled at Roman, excitement in their eyes. Roman sighed in relief, "I'm glad you do." He wasn't worried that the nerd was lying. Roman could read Logan better then their own parents. If they were lying, he'd know.

"I have a present for you too, if you'll excuse me." Logan got up, running off inside.

Roman got his other friends gifts, but he'd give them it some other time. He got Patton a cook book on sweet that were hard to make, but were insanely delicious. And Virgil some makeup, like black nail polish, eyeshadow, foundation, lipstick, and a few more. They all came in a box. He asked before hand if the spider creature liked makeup, and it said yes.

Logan came back out with an even smaller box, neatly wrapped other in red wrapping paper.

"I hope you like it." They handed it to Roman, watching him open it excitedly.

Roman gasped, carefully taking out the item.

It was a golden necklace that had a red heart and smaller red jewels decorated along the chain.

"It is real gold, and the red gems are rubies." Logan said, "Do you like it?"

"Logan, this has to be the best gift I ever got, thank you.." Roman mumbled in disbelief, unlocking it and putting it around his neck, latching it again.

Logan looked relieved, "Good, I was a bit worried something would be wrong with it."

"How much did this cost?" Roman asked, realizing that this must've been expensive.

Logan shook their head, "That doesn't matter, if you like it, then it doesn't matter."

"I don't like, I freaking love it!" Roman exclaimed, playing with the rubies.

He then turned to Logan, rest his head on Logan's shoulder, causing them to turn red.

"Can you read to me?" Roman asked, smiling up at the nerd.

Logan nodded, picking up their new book and opening it, beginning to read outloud.

This was a good Christmas day, even if it was technically Christmas Eve.
.
.
.
.
Patton giggled, "Virgil! This is so cool!" he yelled, holding onto the spider creature.

Virgil chuckled, "Yeah, I guess being this high in a tree is pretty cool." It climbed up even higher, wanting to get to the top so Patton could see.

The two were in the woods, rather deep into the woods. But Virgil reassured Patton that it could easily get them back home.

"Is it pretty up there?" Patton asked, watching a squirrel run away from them.

"I'd say so," Virgil responded, holding on tightly to Patton as it climbed up with its spider legs, "You've really never been in a tree?"

Patton shook his head, "No, I guess not. It's a thing some humans do, but we could easily fall and hurt ourselves, whereas creatures that can climb are naturally better at it."

"True, but still. Hard to believe you never went up a tree." It replied, the two almost at the top, "Close your eyes."

Patton did as told.

When they got there, Virgil made a web around them to sit down, "Alright, you can look now." It said, turning Patton around on its lap.

Patton opened his eyes, and gasped, "Oh my.." he looked around at the scenery.

He could see mountains in the far off, the trees that had frost on them, and the clouds. It was really beautiful.

"This is part of your gift," Virgil said, relieved that Patton seemed to enjoy this, "This is your actual gift."

Patton looked down to see a a box, it wasn't small, but it was too big where Virgil wouldn't be able to fit it in its pocket.

Patton took the gift, "Thank you!" He chirped, unwrapping it.

Inside the box was a small plushie. It was a small, blue frog. Patton picked it up, gasping at how soft it felt.

"This is so cute!" He hugged the toy to his chest, "Thank you so much!"

"You got one more small thing in there," Virgil said, smiling brightly, happy that Patton liked the main gift.

Patton looked back in the box, picking up the smaller item, "A ring?"

It was a silver ring that had a blue frog on it that sparkled under the sunlight.

"It's made of real silver, and the frog is made of real aquamarine." Virgil said sheepishly, "Sorry it isn't anything better."

"No no, I love it so much.." Patton had tears in his eyes as he slipped the ring on, "It's so cute and beautiful, I love it so much! Thank you!" He hugged Virgil tightly, "My present isn't anything as good as yours.."

Virgil hissed, "Nonsense, I'm sure I'll love it." It playfully glared at Patton, "I'm assuming you have it?"

"Mhm," Patton pulled out a small box, "Sorry if you don't like it."

Virgil huffed, ripping the paper off, "I'm sure I'm gonna love it."

All six eyes went wide at the gift. It was a box of purple hair dye. A very good kind of hair dye.

"It was expensive and it's really good, but it isn't at all like what you gave me.." Patton looked down, hugging to frog closely to his chest.

"Patton, this is an amazing gift!" Virgil wanted to kiss the boy, "I'll put it on today! Wanna help?" It asked, looking really excited.

Patton was surprised, "Oh, uh, yeah! Do you really like it?"

"Of course! Thank you so much!" Virgil hugged Patton, kissing his head, "I love it a lot."

Patton's face went a bright red, but he smiled, "That's good."

The two cuddled for a while at the top of the tree, talking about whatever came to mind, enjoying the other's company.

This was a good Christmas.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.2K 348 16
"And it's crazy, isn't it? To think back on how far we've come, on how much we grew into our own people, into us. It's even crazier to think that if...
194K 10.9K 89
Logan, Roman, and Patton are best friends and the best team of superheroes in the city. Together they have stopped hundreds of crimes and captured se...
17.9K 542 20
Virgil has a secret he does not wish to tell the other sides, as he is scared of their reaction. But when Patton grows curious, Virgil tells him ever...