Brotherly Love

By MissSecret247

'Blood is thicker than water.' A phrase that has been past around throughout the ages, reminding us that fami... More

notice
Just a little something
Dedication
Aesthetics
Description
01. Saying Goodbye
02. Finding her
03. Officially a Moretti
05. Shopping
06. Rules
07. Investigating
08. Midnight Melodies
09. First Day
10. Settling In
11. Deeper than she realised
12. Breakfast at midnight
13. New Friend?
14. Old memories
15. Random
16. Doesn't Belong
17. Wanting Love
18. Understanding
19. Finding Out
20. Explanation
21. Making Plans
22. Confrontation
23. Realisation
24. October 22nd
25. Everyone has secrets
26. Family Time
27. School is strange
28. Meet the family
29. First Dates
30. Progress
31. News Travels Fast
32. Dear Mother
33. Secret Strangers
34. Someone's Watching
Aesthetics (part two)
35. Piano Tiles
36. Warnings
37. Back In Time
38. Explanation
39. Training
40. Kinda Sweet
41. You look familiar
42. Suprise
43. Old Room
44. The call
Book Update
Update
45. One of those days
46. Moving in day
46. Playing Pretend
47. The act is up
notice

04. Meeting them

27.4K 789 1.2K
By MissSecret247

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Third Person

─── · 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

Iris was stunned as they pulled up to the house in front of them, she started squealing and running around the front of the house it was beautiful.

She did all this, in her head.

She had strict rules about 'keeping it classy at all times' which included now which is why she just looked at the two boys and told them they had a beautiful home.

"It's your home too now," Donatello reminded.

Iris just nodded not really feeling the homely vibes just yet.

"We mean it Iris we want you to feel at home here," Nazaire told her.

"Okay," she spoke softly she didn't view it as a place she could call home, but then again she couldn't predict the future.

It was around 2:00 am so all the people in the house were sleeping both brothers knew this, which is why it was so unfortunate that at this very moment Valerius decided to sneak back in.

"I don't even want to hear your excuse go to bed I'll deal with you in the morning," Donatello said sternly.

Valerius knew he would be in for it tomorrow with all the shit he had pulled today so he didn't argue or even try and defend himself he just silently went up to his room, completely ignoring Iris's presence.

Iris's eyelids were growing heavier, even though she had slept in the plane she was still tired, she needed a nap because of her nap.

Nazaire showed her to her room whilst Donatello went to his office. She didn't even have time to process everything she was too tired to use that much energy and sleep came first.

'I'll process it in the morning.' She thought to herself, and that's exactly what she did.

* * *

Iris was walking around trying to find the kitchen, this house was too big for her likings how did they know which room was which. She could live here for two years and still not be able to find the bathroom without a map.

As she finally walked into the kitchen she found her self in a bit of a predicament. She wanted to make herself some peppermint tea but she didn't want to just start opening their cupboards and taking their stuff. She felt as if she was intruding.

Most of her brothers were sleeping as it was 8:00 am on a Saturday so she didn't know what to do now. She stood awkwardly in the middle of the room for a few minutes when she heard heavy footsteps coming towards the kitchen.

A small man waltzed in whistling a tune, he was yet to notice her presence until she cleared her throat and spoke up.

"Excuse me,"

At hearing her voice Arthur quickly turned holding his spatula out as a weapon, seeing the amusement on the young girls face he slowly positioned his weapon behind his back.

"Good morning," She sang out.

"Good morning miss.." he trailed off.

"Iris, please call me Iris,"

"Ah, Iris they young lady they boys adopted, well it is lovely to meet you I'm Arthur them main chef around here when Emiliano isn't forcing me to take a break kicking me out of my kitchen," he huffed.

He finished his quick rant " So what can I get you pancakes, waffles," he started, " no, no, no I'll make you my famous omelette," he moved around in a chaotic dance trying to gather all the utensils.

"Actually, I was wondering if I could just have some peppermint tea I don't get too hungry in the mornings,"

"Okay, just for you but we'll have to work up that appetite because you're just so tiny," he gushed.

"I'm not tiny," she huffed.

The two of them just spoke while Iris sipped her tea and Arthur prepared breakfast for the boys. Amalea had taught Iris how to bake though she had never got the chance to teach her how to cook, so she had made Arthur promise to teach her how to make a few dishes.

An hour had passed and Donatello strolled through looking at his watch.

"Good morning Arthur," he greeted.

"Morning Sir," Arthur called out from the pantry.

"An early bird I see,"

"Yeah, but I don't like eating worms," she tried to joke.

No one laughed.

Right at that moment, Emiliano strolled through the kitchen, when he saw Iris he just froze.

"Is this her?" Donatello just rolled his eyes at his brother's dramatic antics.

Next thing she knew Iris was pulled into a bone-crushing hug.

"She's so small and cute," Arthur sniggered quietly but Iris heard.

"I am not small or cute," She said as she flattened her head though at this moment she just looked like an angry bunny.

Even Donatello's mouth twitched upwards.

"Of course your not,"

"Well once you've met everyone Emiliano will give you a tour of the house and then you can go and get some stuff for your room and school which you'll be starting next week," Donatello explained.

"Okay,"

At this moment an excited Nario ran into the room his eyes searching for someone, when they landed on Iris he ran straight towards her.

'Cute' she thought to herself as he gave her a wide smile with one of his front teeth missing.

"Your my new sister aren't you," Iris nodded as she smiled down at the excited boy.

"We are going to have SO much fun, we can watch movies and play games and do other stuff that brothers and sisters do if you want to my brothers don't hang out with me except Lio and Ren but think I am fun and think we would-"

"Nario slow down,"

"Of course we can," Iris started as she crouched down to match his height, "we can even build forts," she whispered.

"Really,"

She nodded her head.

"Best sister ever," he commented before pulling her to the seat next to him on the table.

The three men just watched the interaction between Iris and Nario with love in their hearts, when they're mother died Nario never lost his energy just this certain spark within him they all did, though it would be easier for the others to get back they had their memories to look back on. He had to make new ones hoping that would fill the sense of emptiness he felt when he saw other kids with their parents.

"Emiliano go wake everyone else up, they can sleep in next weekend,"

"Sir yes sir," he mocked before calling the rest of his siblings down.

Slowly the boys filed in all of them half asleep, except Valerius who was still in the same clothes he was wearing yesterday. He had bags under his eyes and he looked like he hadn't slept at all.

Iris could feel all the eyes on her and she hated it, she squirmed under their gaze before straightening her back and clasping her hands together on the table to stop herself from rubbing her wrist.

'Never let them see you weak,' she heard a voice playing those word in her head like a broken melody.

"Well boys are you all just going to stare at her or are you going to introduce yourselves," Emiliano questioned.

"I'm Valentino, your new favourite brother,"

"I'm her favourite," Nario mumbled.

"Lorenzo," he smiled before taking a bite of toast.

"Dante," he forced out.

"Valerius," he said as he rolled his eyes.

'Great two temperamental boys in this house, just what I need in this world full of testosterone,' she thought to herself.

"I'm Iris,"

"Right well now that we've settled the introductions eat your breakfast and make sure that you've all done your homework I don't want any complaints from your teachers this week,"

"And Valerius come to my office when you're done," Donatello finished.

Valerius held his head in his hands, he was trying his best to stay awake but he just sat there with his eyes closed and a piece of bacon in his mouth.

The others just ate and spoke about anything and everything, whilst Iris analysed Valerius with a questioning gaze. His eyes were swollen almost as if he had been crying. Valentino kept sending glances in his twin's direction almost as if he could feel his distress.

Valerius could feel eyes on him so he snapped his open to see Iris staring right at him.

"What," he barked out.

"Nothing," She said as she turned her head towards another direction.

Valerius just pushed his chair back and stormed out towards Donatello's office wanting to get whatever he had to deal with over and done with.

"Don't worry, he's nice he's just moody sometimes," Nario explained before slurping down the rest of his orange juice.

"Right let me show you around the house and then we can go shopping," Emiliano sang out.

"I'm coming," Nario shouted as he shot out of his seat and ran off to goodness knows where.

"Me too I need to get some things for my skateboard," Leo spoke out.

This should be fun.

"And this is the music room," Emiliano announced " well that concludes the tour lets go get Leonardo and Nario so we can go shopping yeah,"

They both started walking down the stairs.

"Hey I think I dropped my earring I'll be right back," Iris said before heading back to the music room.

She did a small twirl in the middle of the room before heading towards the piano and she let her fingers glide against the keys. Out of all the rooms in the house, the small music room brought her comfort.

'This used to be her music room.' Iris thought to herself, she could feel Amalea's presence in the air. Definitely her music room.

The room was covered in dust and small cobwebs had made themselves comfortable its corners, it was as if had been abandoned.

It had been three years since anyone had entered the room.

Iris wanted to stay but she knew that she was taking to long and didn't want to waste anyone's time so she just left, but she knew she would be back.

A house built for a queen and yet she found comfort in the small music room in the east wing.

- x -

Authors Note: What do you think of the brothers so far? Also, I've always wondered why they have offices in their house. Imagine being sent to an office in your own home to me that's just weird.

Random Question: What smell makes you happy?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.6K 821 34
Blood is thicker than water- a phrase many have heard and implemented in their everyday lives. For the Knighton brothers, it was more than just a phr...
1.1M 29.1K 63
"You know, I always thought that this situation would play out differently." I said and their heads snapped up. Their jaws dropped and I gave them a...
193K 5.9K 72
"He says tragedy flows through your veins, all of yours." "She's the youngest Black, nothing will touch her, not even the tragedy in our bloo...
16.7K 803 46
Their favourite cocktail? One part betrayal mixed with bloodshed, One part secrets, half-part death with a splash of love....on rocks. "My Sisters wa...