☂ | disastrous | five x reade...

Door trulette

Her life was fated to be disastrous the day she was unexpectedly born. ☂ [all seasons in one book] On the twe... Meer

before you read ♡
☂ | S.1 : characters + abilities
0 | prologue
1 | pt. 1 : we only see each other at weddings and funerals
1 | pt. 2 : we only see each other at weddings and funerals
1 | pt. 3 : we only see each other at weddings and funerals
1 | pt. 4 : we only see each other at weddings and funerals
1 | pt. 5 : we only see each other at weddings and funerals
2 | pt. 1 : run boy run
2 | pt. 2 : run boy run
2 | pt. 3 : run boy run
3 | pt. 1 : extra ordinary
4 | pt. 2 : man on the moon
5 | pt. 1 : number five
5 | pt. 2 : number five
5 | pt. 3 : number five
6 | pt. 1 : the day that wasn't
7 | pt. 1 : the day that was
7 | pt. 2 : the day that was
7 | pt. 3 : the day that was
8 | pt. 1 : i heard a rumor
8 | pt. 2 : i heard a rumor
9 | pt. 1 : changes
9 | pt. 2 : changes
9 | pt. 3 : changes
10 | pt. 1 : the white violin
10 | pt. 2 : the white violin
☂ | S.2 : characters + abilities
0 | prologue
0 | pt. 2 : a new home
0 | pt. 3 : entrails in the shadows
0 | pt. 4 : no, officer
1 | pt. 1 : right back where we started

4 | pt. 1 : man on the moon

1.5K 53 10
Door trulette

After Y/n and Five stalked Lance the entirety of yesterday, following him home during the night, the two were now set out to demand some answers on his suspicious behaviour.

His car, which was parked to the side of the road, was still there, which indicated that he hadn't left for work.

Metres behind it, the academy students leaned up against a red postbox.

People had kept glancing at them weirdly, wondering why they wouldn't be at school, or whether they had run away.

"I bet I could beat you at the intimidation game." the girl crossed her arms, challenging Five.

"As if." he scoffed in amusement. Though, he saw her blank expression, "Oh, you're serious."

Y/n gasped loudly and flicked the boy's cheek before laughing.

"I'd win any day." she giggled as Five rubbed his cheek, playfully glaring at her.

"You're on." the boy gave a determined smirk.

Lance finally came into view, crossing the road to his vehicle.

"I didn't know he had a pet," Y/n raised her eyebrows as she watched Lance open the door to the back seats, letting his dog jump through, "Cute."

"Let's go." Five said, positioning a hand on the girl's shoulder.

The targeted man moved to the driver's side, getting into his own seat as a strange noise sounded from the right of him.

Lance turned to face it, and was met by the boy who had repeatedly forced information of out him on multiple occasions.

"Jesus!" he called in surprise as Five fiercely whipped out a knife, pressing it to the man's throat.

"One chance. That's all you've got," the boy instructed, raising his voice, "One chance to tell me exactly what's going on in that lab."

"I.. I manufacture prosthetic devices for fake patients," Lance stammered in a haste, "I bill the insurance companies a-and then sell them for cash on the black market."

"Including eyeballs?" a feminine voice questioned from behind them.

Five and Lance turned their heads to it. Though, the man struggled, afraid of the blade that could potentially injure him.

It was the same girl that the boy always seemed to be around. The man cowered back in fright.

Y/n wanted to laugh at his state, but opposed against it, and instead waved a hand and smiled innocently at him.

"Y-Yeah, they're my biggest seller.." answered Lance, in terror, "I-I mean... They sell like h-hotcakes! I-I've got a list, a waiting list, probably twenty buyers."

"So, the serial number I told you.." Five said calmly. Though, a sneer was apparent on his face.

"Uh.. Could've already already been bought," the man replied fearfully, "Yes, of-off the books."

"I needed that list, Lance. Names and numbers, and I need it now!" the boy demanded, lowering his voice.

"I don't have it," he argued, "I mean, not on me. The only copy's in my safe at the lab."

"Well, you start the car, then. 'Cause we're going on a field trip." the boy ordered as he retracted his arm away from Lance's neck as his dog began to bark.

When the man didn't move, both teenagers looked at each other in confusion and awkwardness.

Y/n glared at the dog in agitation, but her features suddenly lit up when she got an idea.

She kicked a rogue screwdriver over to her and picked it up. Then, she grabbed the loud dog from beside her.

"H-Hey, what are y-"

"If you continue to disobey.. I'm positive the dog will no longer disturb us." Y/n hissed, threateningly raising the screwdriver at its collar.

If Lance's eyes weren't bulging out of his head before, they definitely were now.

"O-okay.. Okay, okay." the man mumbled, rotating around to face the front as he fumbled with his seatbelt.

When Lance's dog had finally quieted down, Y/n lowered her weapon and dropped it so it could jump off her lap.

As the man began to drive, the girl moved to make sure she was visible in the rear-view mirror.

She lifted her left hand and pointed out an index finger, indicating '1'. With her right, she formed a circle with her thumb and fingers into a '0'.

The gesture announced that she had won their fun little competition.

Y/n knew Five had seen it, seeing as she heard the boy scoff, muttering something incoherent.

She leaned back into her seat behind Lance and smirked as she clicked in her safety belt.

☂ ☂ ☂

Y/n, Five and Lance walked down the street to MeriTech Prosthetics.

There was now thick, grey smoke coating the air around them. Unfortunately, it led back to the lab.

"Holy shit! What happened?!" the girl exclaimed, astounded by the sight.

Five picked up his pace, sprinting past Y/n and the man to the structure that was ignited by orange flames.

The girl ran after him to investigate, as well.

Before the two were able to go any further to examine, a furious cloud of flames exploded by the entrance of the prosthetics building, spreading out through the entire face of it. Debris and glass was expelled from the blaze.

Five and Y/n cried out as they were thrown back forcefully, followed by a wave of overbearing heat.

They both separated, and the girl had been tossed the right of Five.

Y/n hit the ground, skidding like a ragdoll across the pavement, luckily knocked out unconscious.

Though, unluckily, she had fallen near Lance, who had also been pushed back by the explosion.

He inhaled sharply, in terror, yet again, scrambling to get up.

The man looked from Five's rising figure, back down to the lifeless girl at his feet.

"That bastard is going to fucking kill me if she's dead."

☂ ☂ ☂

Y/n groaned dizzily as she reached for her throbbing head.

"No, no," a voice urgently whispered, "Don't touch your head."

The girl dropped her arm carelessly as she sighed tiredly.

"Hey.. Did Ben knock me out with a book, again?"

The boy, who was leaning over her, gave the girl below him an absurd look.

"No?" Five answered, "You were knocked out by an explosion at MeriTech. The whole goddamn building caught on fire."

"Ohh.." The girl drawled drowsily as she smiled, "Cool."

The boy puffed out his cheeks, leaning back into the metal railing as he brushed hair out of her face.

Y/n felt her heart flutter. Even in this state, she somehow knew it was Five. She then forced open her eyes to the blinding light of somewhere unfamiliar.

"Miss me?" a smirking face appeared from above her.

"Always." the girl responded, lolling her head to the side to face a patterned wall of triangles.

"You can get up," he said, "Just be careful. There's no major damage. Only a cut across your arm."

"Are you completely sure?" she asked him, slowly pulling her head off of Five's lap.

"I worked at the Commission for, like, forever," Five replied, helping the girl to sit up, "We had to go through medical training at some point."

"Right," Y/n nodded stretching out her arm to inspect the gash, "Sorry."

"All good." the boy reassured her, reaching out for a Sharpie beside her.

"Uh.. Where exactly are we, though?" she questioned him, gazing around at her surroundings which were still hazy.

"The local library. I thought the next best place to go to would be here," Five explained, "It's quiet, and we also have open access to a fair share of resources. I've got notebooks and pens, too."

"For..?"

"Writing equations, I guess. Figuring out who could possibly cause.. Or, well, stop the apocalypse."

"Oh, okay.. Well, piece of cake. Count me in."

The girl hoisted herself up, stumbling on her two feet. She grasped onto the concrete pillar beside her to keep her stable.

"Have you got anything to drink?" Y/n added, rubbing her eyes, finally noticing her scratchy throat.

"Er.." Five trailed off, picking up two glass bottles from the left of him, "I don't think you should have alcohol after you've been knocked unconscious, but I've got rum and vodka. Take your pick."

"Fantastic," the girl bent down, then slid herself next to him, "I'll take the vodka."

"Damnit." Five mumbled, though he passed the bottle to Y/n.

"We can share." she shrugged and opened the cap, taking a large gulp out of it.

"Fair enough." the boy agreed, taking a swig of the vodka when the girl handed him the bottle.

"So, shall we begin?" Y/n asked him, displaying a red notebook in her right hand.

"Better now than never."

Sorry! I know there was only one chapter for episode three. I was far too lazy to write an entire fight scene. :(.

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

111K 1.8K 34
On the twelfth hour of the first day of October 1989, 43 women around the world gave birth. This was unusual only in the fact that none of these wome...
9.3K 344 20
On the twelfth hour of the first day of October 1989, sixteen women around the world gave birth. This was unusual only in the fact that none of these...
861K 21K 35
"The world is ending and I'm just about to YOLO it" *✭˚・. *. ・゚✧* *✭ ...
32.2K 961 33
「 O, mighty maiden from the unpromised land. You who resembled the beauty as Eve's vision and the serenity as Adam's compassion. 」 「 But underneath t...