Bury The Light (Male Faunus!V...

By Elyion22

(title says it all!) Disclaimer:I don't own anything here! More

Bio
Prologue
The Shining Beacon
The First Step
Players and Pieces
The Badge and The Burden
Jaunedice
The Stray
Best Day Ever
A Grimm Past
Painting The Town Red
Extracurricular
Dance Dance Infiltration
Breach
Round One
New Challengers
Never Miss A Beat
Fall
PvP
Heroes and Monsters
End of The Beginning
Bio Update + Costume Changes
Forsakened, I Am Awakened
The Grimm's Cry
The Next Step
Tipping Point
Punished
Kuroyuri
No Safe Haven
Welcome To Haven
Dread In The Air
Lighting The Fire
Known By Its Song
A Deal
The More The Merrier
Downfall
Haven's Fate
Special Chapter #1: Happy Birthday!
Special Chapter #2: A Burning Surprise
The Tears Inside Me Calm Me Down
Bury The Light
Epilogue
New Book Teaser

Remembrance

3.6K 59 32
By Elyion22

Bury The Light (Male Faunus!Vergil!Reader x Pyrrha Nikos)

Part 22

It was nighttime and the team fell asleep. Pyrrha began squirming and grunting as she slept and suddenly hears the voices of Jaune, Ozpin and (Y/N).

Ozpin:"Stay back!"

(Y/N):"GO!!!!"

Jaune screamed and Pyrrha widened her eyes as she woke up, gasping and sweat trickled down her face. She panted heavily and soon calmed down.

(Y/N):"Pyrrha?"

Pyrrha turns to see (Y/N) awake and sat up as he stretched his arms.

Pyrrha:"Hey, (Y/N).."

(Y/N):"You okay?"

Pyrrha:"Y-Yes. Just a bad dream that's all. Nothing to worry about."

(Y/N) rubs the back of his neck and looks at her.

(Y/N):"It doesn't happen to be about what happened at Beacon, is it?"

Pyrrha breaths shakily and almost teared up.

Pyrrha:"I-It is.."

A tear rolled down her cheek and (Y/N) wipes it away.

Pyrrha:"You don't have to blame yourself, (Y/N)."

(Y/N):"And neither should you..."

She leaned on his shoulder and he kisses her forehead as (Y/N) looked at the moon.

(Y/N)'s thoughts:*I guess...it's both of our fault."

After a while, morning came and soon the team walk down a sunny road. Ruby is in front, looking at a map.

Ruby:"So the next town is... uh-huh... uh-huh... We're lost."

Yang:"What? Lemme check."

Ruby gives the map to her sister and Yang looks at it.

Yang:"Nah! We're definitely not lost. Says here the next town up ahead is Shion.

(Y/N)/Dante:"Shion?"

Yang:"Yeah. Why? Have you guys been there before?"

Dante:"Yep. Our father used to take us there to visit."

Nora:"Ooooh! What did you guys do there?"

(Y/N):"Mostly camping and hiking. Later at night, I would sometimes spar with Dante and end up in a tie most of the time until our father caught us."

Dante:"Man, those were good memories. Remember that time I dragged your mattress to the lake while you were asleep?"

(Y/N):"Oh, don't get started on that, brother."

Pyrrha and Yang chuckled lightly at the thought of it.

Pyrrha:"I can almost imagine (Y/N)'s reaction when he woke up.*giggles*"

Yang:"I guess I should better..congratulake you,Dante for your prank was very successful."

Dante:"Thank you. I actually lake that prank a lot ever since it happened."

Dante and Yang shared a laugh as (Y/N) facepalmed in embarrassment and Pyrrha pats his head to comfort him. Suddenly, Nora stops short, raising her hands to her lips as her eyes widen. Soon after, Ren stops, visibly tense.

Nora:"Uh, guys?"

Yang:"Hm?"

Ruby:"Huh?"

Dante:"What is it?"

The team's eyes widen and jaws drop. In front of them is a desolated village. The sky is gray and two columns of smoke rise in the air. A gazebo has a broken tower and lampposts are askew from the ground. At least one dead body can be seen on the side of the road approaching the town.

(Y/N):"Search the area. There could be survivors."

Ren sees something and runs to it.

Ren:"Over here!"

They rush to where Ren is leading them. On the ground, sitting propped against a broken building wall, is a young man in armor. He breathes heavily and holds his hand against a bleeding wound in his abdomen. Ren drops by his side and puts his hand on his shoulder.

Ruby:"A Huntsman!"

Yang:"What happened? Who killed all these people?"

The dying Huntsman coughed as he looked at them.

Huntsman:"Bandits. The whole tribe... Then, with all the panic..."

The Huntsman can't finish and coughs repeatedly.

Ren:"Grimm."

Ren stands and walks a few paces away, placing his hands atop his head. Ruby, Yang, Dante , (Y/N), and Nora step away to confer.

Ruby:"Alright, we can get him to the next village and try to find a doctor there!"

Dante:"Yeah. Yang and I can take turns carrying him there."

Nora:"I don't know if he'll make it."

(Y/N):"He will. He has to."

Ren turns back and walks over to the Huntsman.

Ruby:"If we get going now, our chances will be better. I can run ahead and look for help!"

Ren:"Guys."

The other six turn and discover that the Huntsman has already died.

Nora: Should we bury him?

Ren walks right past them without a backward glance.

Ren:"We should go. It's not safe here."

Nora:"Ren..."

Nora turns and follows him. Pyrrha puts her hand on (Y/N)'s arm, who is looking stressed and sad.

Pyrrha:"(Y/N), it's going to be okay."

(Y/N):"I'm just tired of losing everything."

(Y/N) walked away as Pyrrha watches him, worriedly. Soon after, nighttime came and the team fell asleep. Pyrrha then began squirming and grunting in her sleep as she hears voices inside her head.

Ozpin:"I'm...so sorry."

(Y/N):"Pyrrha...Ozpin...get out of here!"

She then hears Cinder's laugh and Jaune's bloodcurdling scream which causes her to wake up. Pyrrha sat up, panting heavily as sweat trickled from her face. She soon began crying and (Y/N) soon sat up.

(Y/N):"Pyrrha? What's wrong? Pyrrha?"

Pyrrha looks at him and hugs him tightly as she cried on his shoulder. (Y/N) wrapped his arms around her waist and comforts her. Soon, morning came and the team moves forward with Ruby looking at a map.

Ruby:"Come on, guys! If we pick up the pace, we can hit the next town before sunset!"

Dante:"Assuming it's still there."

Yang:"Of course it'll be there. This one's supposed to be pretty big! What's the name of the town we're headin' again,sis?"

Ruby:"Hee-gan...bayn-a."

Ren:"Higanbana. It's a well protected village with a popular inn."

Nora:"Which means, no camping in the rain!"

(Y/N):"I guess that's fine."

Ruby:"See? Everything's going to be fine!"

Yang:"You know, we've had a lot of ups and downs. But things could be a lot worse. I really thought we'd see more Grimm."

Ren:"As did I."

Nora:"I guess our luck is finally turning around!"

Ren/Nora:"To Higanbana!"

Dante/Yang:"To Higanbana!"

(Y/N)/Pyrrha:"To Higanbana!"

Ruby:"To Higanban... ban-a!"

Pyrrha then looks down sadly as (Y/N) looks at her, worriedly. Nora notices this.

Nora:"Is she okay?"

(Y/N):"She's having a few nightmares recently. Hopefully she'll be okay."

At the top of a cliff, a Beowolf watches them and growls at the team.  Just as it is about to leap, it is stabbed through by Qrow. Three disintegrating bodies of other Beowolves are just behind him. Another Beowolf charges at him but was soon killed by Ozpin.

Ozpin:"Seems like the kids' luck is turning around."

A black raven then caws from a tree branch which catches Ozpin and Qrow's attention.

They look at it and the raven flies away to the team.

Qrow:"*scoffs*Luck."

After a while, it began raining on the village of Higanbana. NPR, RY, (Y/N) and Dante are now inside the inn. Soon after they went to their separate rooms. (Y/N) and Pyrrha then went to their room and puts their bags down.

Pyrrha:"I'll get changed for a while."

(Y/N):"Sure. Take your time."

She then went to the bathroom to get changed. (Y/N) took off his coat and hangs it. He later brought out his book and sat down on the bed. Later, Pyrrha comes out of the bathroom, wearing her pyjamas.

(Y/N) continued reading his book as Pyrrha laid down next to him and hugs him. He smiled and pats her head softly as she smiled.

(Y/N):"How are you feeling?"

Pyrrha:"I'm okay..a little bit actually. You?"

(Y/N):"I'm fine."

Pyrrha nodded and hugs tightly. (Y/N) smiled even more and kisses her forehead. Then, he heard his Scroll beep and looks at it to see a message from Dante.

Dante:"Oz and Qrow are meeting us at the tavern nearby. You coming?"

(Y/N) then typed on his Scroll.

(Y/N):"On my way."

He puts down his Scroll and got up.

(Y/N):"I'll be meeting up with my brother for a while, okay?"

Pyrrha:"I'll be waiting. Stay safe."

He smiled and kisses her cheek before putting his coat on and went out. (Y/N) then enters the tavern and met up with Dante, Ozpin and Qrow.

Dante:"Hey, bro."

(Y/N):"Hey."

Ozpin:"Greetings, (Y/N). How was your day?"

(Y/N):"Fine I guess."

(Y/N) sat down as a waitress walked to them.

Waitress:"What can I get for you tonight, gentlemen?"

Ozpin:"Coffee."

Qrow:"Water."

Dante:"A strawberry sundae."

(Y/N):"I'll get water as well."

The waitress nods and walks away.

Qrow:"How's your girlfriend holding up so far after everything that's happened?"

(Y/N):"She has been having nightmares recently and could barely sleep. Now, I guess she's doing alright."

Qrow:"I see. What about you, Dante?"

Dante:"Me?"

Qrow:"Yep. You and Yang?"

Dante:"Uh yeah, So far both of us are doing good."

Qrow:"That's good to hear."

Ozpin:"However I think we may still have a problem in our hands. You killed the woman in the vault correct, (Y/N)?"

(Y/N):"I did."

Qrow:"Oh yeah. About that, has anything weird happened to Pyrrha lately?"

(Y/N):"None so far. It seems like she doesn't have the Fall Maiden's power."

Qrow:"Great. Looks like we have to hunt whoever she transferred her powers to."

The waitress came back with their orders. (Y/N), Qrow and Ozpin sipped their drinks and Dante eats his strawberry sundae.

Dante:"I guess things are getting weirder and weirder. So far, no sign of Salem or any of her goons. Not even our brother."

Qrow:"The White Fang boy? Weren't you part of them before, (Y/N)?"

(Y/N):"Yeah. We still don't know where he is. After the Fall, Adam was gone. I tried to talk to him but..he wouldn't listen. I just hope that maybe...maybe one day, I'll tell him. And we can have a chance to end Salem once and for all."

Dante:"You won't be alone when you do that. It's time I show myself to him. After all, I haven't given his necklace yet and he doesn't know that I'm alive."

Qrow:"Well, good luck with that."

Qrow then drinks his glass of water.

(Y/N):"So, about those Relics. What does our mother want with them?"

Ozpin:"Considering that they hold great power, Salem wants to use all the Relics to turn Humanity against each other. That's why we built those Vaults to protect them. However, it seems that time is now running fast and Salem's darkness grows more and more. So I believe it's best that we search all of the Relics before Salem gets to them."

Dante:"And you think this could stop her?"

Ozpin:"Maybe. Unless you two have something in mind."

(Y/N) and Dante looked at each other before looking back at Ozpin. Then, the waitress sets a glass of water and ice for Qrow.

Qrow:"Oh, I didn't o-"

Waitress:"From the woman upstairs. Red eyes. Said you
wouldn't mind bottom shelf."

Qrow turns and looks up. An overhead shot shows the spacious lower level of the tavern and its several round tables, while the edge of a balcony is just visible. Qrow turns back.

(Y/N):"Who's that?"

Qrow:"My sister."

Qrow then turns to the waitress.

Qrow:"Thanks."

Waitress:"*winking* But I went ahead and gave you top. Lucky you."

With a pleased smirk, Qrow watches the waitress as she walks away.

Qrow:"I'll be back for a while."

He got up and heads upstairs to see Raven waiting  for him at one of the tables, her mask atop it.

Raven: Hello, brother.

Qrow stares at her from the top of the stairs for a moment before moving to her.

Qrow:"Raven."

He pulls the chair that's beside her and drags it to a position across from her instead. With his hand on the back of the chair, he simply looks at her expectantly. Raven rolls her eyes and moves her mask to the side as Qrow sits down.

Qrow:"So, what do you want?"

Raven:"A girl can't just catch up with her family?"

Qrow: She can, but you're not. Now how 'bout we get on with it? Unless you plan on keeping these comin'."

Raven:"Does she have it?"

Qrow:"Did you know Yang's dating Sparda's son?"

Raven:"That's not-"

Qrow:"Rhetorical question, I know you know. It's just obnoxious that you'd bring up family and then carry on like your own daughter doesn't exist."

Raven:"I saved her."

Qrow:"Once. Because that was your rule, right? Real "Mom of the Year" material, sis."

Raven leans forward and grabs Qrow by the forearm, stilling his sarcastic, nonchalant motions.

Raven:"I told you Beacon would fall and it did. I told you Ozpin would fail and he has. Yet you still work for him. Now you tell me. Does. Salem. Have it?"

Qrow:"I thought you weren't interested in all of that."

Raven:"I just want to know what we are up against."

Qrow:"And which "we" are you referring to?"

Raven glares and finally lets go of her brother and sits back down with a noise of disgust.

Qrow:"You should come back, Raven. The only way we'd beat her is by working together. All of us."

Raven:"You're the one who left. The tribe raised us, and you turned your back on them."

Qrow:"They were killers and thieves."

Raven:"They were your family."

Qrow:"You have a very skewed perception of that word."

Raven stands up, upset.

Raven:"I lead our people now. And as leader, I will do everything in my power to ensure our survival."

Qrow:"I saw. The people of Shion saw too."

Raven:"The weak die, the strong live. Those are the rules."

Qrow:"Well, you've certainly got someone strong on your side. I've seen the damage."

Raven:"We couldn't have known the Grimm would set in as quickly as they did."

Qrow:"I'm not talking about the Grimm.And I'm not talking about you, either."

Raven:"If you don't know where the Relic is, then we have nothing left to talk about."

As she reaches for her mask, Qrow grabs onto the top of it.

Qrow: I don't know where the Spring Maiden is, but  if you do, I need you to tell me."

Raven:"And why would I do that?"

Raven then pulls her mask away from her brother's grasp.

Qrow:"Because without her and the sons of Sparda, we're all going to die."

Raven:"*scoffs*And which "we" are you referring to?"

Qrow grimaces as Raven walks away. The sound of her sword getting unsheathed is heard and he looks up, unhappy.

Raven:"And about my daughter dating a half-breed like him disgusts me."

She walks to her portal and disappears. Qrow sighs as Dante walked up behind him.

Dante:"So that was your sister...and Yang's mom."

Qrow:"Yeah..."

Qrow then stands up and the two of them head downstairs.

Ozpin:"How is she?"

Qrow:"Guess she won't be in our side. Same old Raven."

Ozpin:"I see. Then I assume we can't convince her?"

Qrow:"I'm afraid so."

(Y/N) looks at them before getting up.

(Y/N):'It's getting late. Let's go back, Dante."

Dante:"Right. See ya around, Prof. You too, old man."

Qrow:"Heh. See you around, kiddo."

Soon after, (Y/N) and Dante left the intern and went back to the inn.

Posts:

(A/N: Well now he is,Dante.)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.2K 39 15
Volume 5! RWBY belongs to Rooster Teeth OC's belong to me and my friends
47.4K 381 12
You are a really strong huntsman who has been accepted into beacon. You met 4 girls on beacons. Your bonds are strong leading into strong relationshi...
36.8K 213 18
Title says it all folks ready for round 2