Brotherly Love

By MissSecret247

'Blood is thicker than water.' A phrase that has been past around throughout the ages, reminding us that fami... More

notice
Just a little something
Dedication
Aesthetics
Description
02. Finding her
03. Officially a Moretti
04. Meeting them
05. Shopping
06. Rules
07. Investigating
08. Midnight Melodies
09. First Day
10. Settling In
11. Deeper than she realised
12. Breakfast at midnight
13. New Friend?
14. Old memories
15. Random
16. Doesn't Belong
17. Wanting Love
18. Understanding
19. Finding Out
20. Explanation
21. Making Plans
22. Confrontation
23. Realisation
24. October 22nd
25. Everyone has secrets
26. Family Time
27. School is strange
28. Meet the family
29. First Dates
30. Progress
31. News Travels Fast
32. Dear Mother
33. Secret Strangers
34. Someone's Watching
Aesthetics (part two)
35. Piano Tiles
36. Warnings
37. Back In Time
38. Explanation
39. Training
40. Kinda Sweet
41. You look familiar
42. Suprise
43. Old Room
44. The call
Book Update
Update
45. One of those days
46. Moving in day
46. Playing Pretend
47. The act is up
notice

01. Saying Goodbye

44K 1K 1.1K
By MissSecret247

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Third Person

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

3 years ago

"How can you stand there an call yourself a fucking doctor, whilst you tell me there's nothing you can do to save my mother is this what they taught you in med school," Dante roared.

No one dared to approach the temperamental boy, and no matter how much they wanted to they couldn't find any bone inside themselves ready to reprimand him. This was his way of coping with the pain, whilst others cried until their eyes became deserts, and some shut themselves off completely, he simply lost control.

Though they may not agree with the way he dealt with things there was one thing they could all agree with, cancer was a bitch.

"Young man please calm down, we understand-"

"You understand," he spat " you don't understand shit, if you really understood even the smallest part of what I was going through you wouldn't be stood here running your fucking mouth, you would be saving my mother."

Dante knew it wasn't the doctor's fault that his mother was dying, and he knew it wasn't his fault he couldn't save her either but he needed someone to blame, someone to punish for all this torture. He was desperate to know what he did to deserve this heartache, he knew he wasn't perfect, he wasn't even nice he was fucked up. So what he wanted to know is why it wasn't him laying in the hospital bed, why was it his beautiful mother.

"Dante come, let's go outside," Nazaire suggested and the two boys left that ward of the hospital.

"I apologise for him doctor, he doesn't know how else to cope," Donatello spoke, his voice void of emotion.

"It's okay, no one really knows how to cope with death it's something you just have to learn to deal with, we just have to accept it."

It was true, death was inevitable a factor we as humans often forgot, everyone in our lives was just temporary. They stayed with us here on earth until God decided he wanted them back.

Death was an incurable pain, nothing could heal it. Others loved to say that time healed pain but when you lose someone you'll never see again you know that isn't true. Time simply passes by and we learn to deal with the pain, learn to accept it because life will move on whether we move on with it is up to us.

The pain never disappears it just becomes bearable.

Nario pulled at Donatello's sleeve, as he looked down he lifted the young boy up and rested him on his hip. It was way past his bedtime and he was having a hard time staying awake.

"Donnie," Nario muttered softly.

"Yes, little man,"

"Mamma's going to be okay, right"

"Always," he muttered, " get some sleep little one."

* * *

"Where is she, where is she," a frantic voice called out.

By now it was 1:00 am, the boys had all been waiting there to say their goodbyes to their mother, their final parent was leaving them. But, it was late so they thought they would just get to wallow in their sadness in silence, what they didn't expect was a young girl to burst through the hospital doors.

Her hair was wild and her eyes were red and restless, she was dressed in pyjamas with duck slippers on calling out for a doctor, she was clearly not bothered about disturbing any of the other patients.

"Young lady, can I help you," a nurse questioned.

"I'm looking for Amalea Moretti," At the mention of their mothers name the boy's heads all turned towards the girl.

"Let me go get a doctor,"

Iris just paced up and down, swaying her hands, then viciously wiping her tears oblivious to the stares she was getting from the seven boys sat in the seats on the other side of the room.

As she heard the footsteps approaching her head snapped up towards the doctor.

"Doc you said she had two more weeks, I'm not ready to let her go I haven't prepared myself I've lost everyone. Anyone who ever comes into my life leaves me she's the only one who stayed, I - I can't lose her," she croaked.

"Iris, I'm sorry we can't control how fast the cancer spreads, we can only make predictions."

Iris hated this feeling, loss.

She'd been acquainted with the feeling of loss on numerous occasions but she was so sure that this time was different. It was her own fault, she knew it was dangerous to get attached and yet she did it anyway, it was clear that life was punishing her for allowing herself to believe she was allowed anything good. She didn't deserve anything close, at least that's what she told herself.

"Can I at least go and see her,"

"She's not awake, Iris she's dying she won't be able to respond to anything you say,"

"But she can hear right,"

The doctor nodded.

"That's all I need, for her to hear me," And by their own command her feet carried her towards the room where Amalea lay.

When she saw Amalea laying there in the bed she just broke, she'd been alone in the foster system for 7 years no light, no hope and then Amalea came into her life, the mother figure she'd always needed the person who gave her purpose. This wasn't fair she was going to adopt her and now she was leaving her alone in the world again.

Iris gently held Amalea's hand, tears washing the dry skin on her face " Please, please Amalea I'm begging you don't leave me, come home to me please I need you, I can't do this life thing without you. You gave me purpose, you gave me hope. Everyone leaves me, the woman who gave birth to me left she didn't care, but you, you're my mother you can't leave me too, you just can't,"

"Pl-please come home to me," She chocked as she was there on her knees wishing that the only mother she had ever known would stay with her.

Amalea heard the sweet girls cries and wanted nothing more that than to hold her, bring her home where she would have a family but she couldn't, her place wasn't on this earth anymore.

"It's written in the stars, it's always in the stars."

Hearing this Iris's head sprung up "you're alive, you're alive," she celebrated before running out.

"She's awake, she's awake," She called out.

The boys flooded into the room, the doctors right behind them.

"Mamma,"

"You're okay, you're really okay,"

"You didn't leave us,"

But Donatello, Emiliano and Nazaire could see it in her eyes, they knew she wasn't here to stay. It was the same look their father held a couple of years back.

The doctors knew, the three boys knew and Iris knew.

It was a cruel game life was playing with them, they gave her back just to take her away again.

Iris knew she wouldn't be able to take it, she wouldn't be able to watch her heart stop beating, the life leave her eyes so she did what she did best.

She ran.

The boys sat and spoke with their mother savouring every moment knowing that they were limited. Time was a cruel mistress and was definitely not on their side.

"Mamma who was that girl?" Nario question as he played with her hair.

"That was Iris, she was the pretty girl I was telling you about, where I work,"

"Oh, well you were right she is pretty and I really liked her slippers,"

Soft laughter floated in the air, and the boys soaked it up knowing it would be their last time hearing their mother so careless and free. The twins and Lorenzo were all gathered around the bed holding onto her before she could slip away.

"Donatello, I need you to make sure you do something for me,"

"Yes ma, anything, "

"Find her, knowing Iris she's ran away, I need you to find her and take her home with you I was going to adopt her but they stopped me because I had cancer, they won't stop you,"

Donatello, wanted to just say yes but he couldn't he just didn't understand why she was so entranced by this little girl, his confused gaze didn't go unnoticed it was the same Emiliano was wearing.

"I see myself in her, all she needs is a little help," she said answering the unspoken question.

"But she's not even blood," Nazaire pointed out.

"My sweet boys maybe that's a good thing, il sangue di tuo padre è finito per uncciderlo," she muttered remorsefully.

The boys still looked unsure.

"Boys trust me family isn't always blood,"

"I'll always love you, my boys," she whispered as she looked at them all spread around the bed holding onto her.

The night past by slowly, and everything started again as a new day came. The sun was up, the coffee machines were on and the visitors came in.

The sun shone in through the window and the boys slowly started stretching and waking up.

But Amalea didn't, she was no longer with them on this earth she was in the stars.

- x -

Author's Note: Thank you for reading this book and giving it a try. 💕

Random Question: Favourite quote?

Don't forget to vote and comment.🤍

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.4K 657 13
A person in his one eventful life goes through a lot of emotions and feels each of them with a different bond. Unconditional love for family, unwaver...
2.1K 51 5
where will find my daughter's mother Love is thicker than a Blood.Family is family It's doesn't matter they r blood related or not. Warning My Stori...
75 0 30
Books, media, therapists, strangers, the mob, will all tell you that family is everything. Olive Garden runs their business model on family. Blood is...
199K 6.6K 48
Love is where the heart is. Doesn't matter if its long over due. Its still love. Even if you go through...... The Thick Of It!