The Wildcard Of Terra

By LuckyAceHigh

"I've been called many things, but so help me, "polite" will never be one of them"- Operator Spade, upon bein... More

Bio
Spade File #2 (Guard)
Spade File #3 (Supporter)
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9: Call Me... Dredgen
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38

Chapter 27

961 16 4
By LuckyAceHigh

Location: L.G.D HQ, Rooftop

Back to back, Spade and Blaze were waiting for the Reunion's next move.

Mephisto: How shameful.

Spade: Kinda ironic coming from a kid like you. Blaze, do the thing.

Blaze: You got it! Show yourselves!

Blaze bit her hand and flicks the blood to a location, the area with the blood heats up until it bursts into flames.

A painful scream was let out when multiple Reunion snipers start to appear from the fire.

Spade: Using reflections of light to conceal yourselves... That's pretty neat.

Blaze: Kouhai! The snipers are retreating!

Spade: Forget about them! Focus on taking out the leaders first!

Mephisto: Spade... Whatever you are... MY HERD WILL DEVOUR YOU!!!

Spade enters a stance with his sword, with Blaze behind him revving up her chainsaw.

Spade: Whatever you say kid, but in the end, your plans will be stopped!

Mephisto: THEN YOU WILL DIE AS A FOOL!!! FAUST!

Shots were fired, arrows were blocked. Spade and Blaze then started their attack, both of them watching their backs while taking out the herd.

Spade: Logger 4 o'clock! 

Spade shouted to Blaze when he saw a Logger on her side.

Blaze: Got it! Give me a boost!

Spade: On it!

Summoning his staff, Spade lays it so Blaze can step on it before slowly lifting it.

Spade: Going UP!

Spade lifts the staff, sending Blaze into the air. Blaze then drops down on the Logger that was in range of her chainsaw. The heated chainsaw cut through the metal armor like butter, instantly cutting through the flesh and killing the Logger.

Faust: Mephisto, let's go. They already killed half of our forces. They won, for now.

Mephisto: ...Why haven't our forces come? Where is Crownslayer? Where is FrostNova?

Faust: This isn't like Chernobog. We couldn't shut down the enemy's communications, so they were able to call reinforcements.

Faust said, getting a silence response from Mephisto.

Faust: Mephisto...

Mephisto: WHY ARE THEY STILL NOT HERE YET?!?!

Faust: We won't know if we're dead. Let's get out of here first.

Blaze: Spade!

Spade: What!

Blaze: Do the thing!

Spade: You got it!

Spade suddenly stood still, putting his sword as he closes his eyes with flames slowly appear around him as the herd approaches him.

Spade: Let the howls of the wolves know fear...

The fire then consumes Spade, confusing the herd and anyone who witness it. Suddenly, Spade appears right next to Faust and Mephisto, only a couple inches away.

Spade: NOTHING PERSONNEL KID!

With a barrage of flaming knives and a flaming gun, Spade was able to take out a group of Heavy Defenders, with explosions happening as chain reactions taking them out one by one. 

Blaze: Waaaaah! My Kouhai is so amazing!

Faust: Mephisto! Let's go!

Spade: Hello there!

Out of nowhere, Spade shatter dive directly into Faust, sending him flying as he yelps in pain.

Mephisto: Faust, Faust! You're injured!

Spade: See you in hell!

Spade was about to attack Mephisto until...

Faust: Not yet.

Faust shot his crossbow point-blank at Spade, but he was able to cut it in half before it could make contact. Unfortunately, a smoke was tied to the arrow covering the area with thick smoke.

Spade coughs when the smoke appears until he hears the sound of ticking.

Spade: EVERYONE GET CLE-

*BOOM*

A chain of explosions rang through the roof as it began to collapse. Spade summoned staff to cover him and the others from the fall and various debris.

As the explosions were happening, Faust tries to convince Mephisto to leave with him.

Faust: Mephisto! We need to hurry!

Mephisto: No. I need to stay here until they come...

Faust: We failed, now we must leave.

Faust stated as Mephisto looks at him angrily. 

Mephisto: I failed? I failed?! Impossible! Wasn't everything going according to plan?!? Did I not call for reinforcements a long time ago?!?! Were we betrayed?! Was our information leaked?!?!

Faust: Let's go!

Mephisto: If we weren't betrayed, then who could have done it?! It was him, wasn't it?! Spade... it's his fault, isn't it?... I'll remember that name... I'll remember...

Mephisto mutters to himself as Faust jumps onto another rooftop.

Faust: Just jump!

Mephisto: Spade... I'll remember you...

Mephisto warned as he looks at the hole in the L.G.D building. 

...

Spade: ...Is everyone [cough] okay?

Spade asks as his staff shatters into pieces before disappearing.

Amiya: We're fine.

Blaze: Looks like this building's going to need some serious renovating.

The group looked at the building before them, half of it had collapsed, revealing some of the interiors of the L.G.D. headquarters.

Spade: That was mostly your fault, Blaze.

Spade stated as Blaze rubs the back of her head awkwardly.

Blaze: Ehehe... It's a shame that those kids got away though.

Spade: Don't even try to- [sigh] Where is Ch'en?

Amiya: Here.

Leaning on Amiya's shoulder was Ch'en, who was very much awake but still fatigued.

Spade: Ch'en...

Spade approaches Ch'en, he gently caresses his hand against her cheek, which she leans into.

Ch'en: Spade.

Spade: Don't worry partner. I'm here to help.

Grabbing Ch'en's arm and slinging it over his shoulder. Spade tightly held Ch'en by her waist as she wraps her arm around his neck.

Ch'en: I think I can walk now...

Spade: Just be careful, okay?

Spade slowly lets go of Ch'en, she wobbles a bit at first before fully recovering herself.

???: Hello? Madam Ch'en, are you there?

The radio on Ch'en's shoulder crackled to life as a familiar voice entered the group's ears.

Ch'en: Chief Wei.

Wei Yenwu: Ah, Madam Ch'en. I assume that your mission went well. Is Amiya there with you?

Amiya: Chief Wei.

Wei Yenwu: Leader of Rhodes Island. I must apologize. Though I can risk sending the L.G.D deep into enemy territory, I can't risk bringing any more players into this game.

Dr. Linda: ...What do you mean by that?

Spade: He's saying that we're pawns in a game of chess to him. Disposable, but useful in some way.

Spade answers with a hint of venom in his tone.

Wei Yenwu: You are partially correct, operator Spade.

Amiya: Chief Wei, you should have shared this information with us if you wanted our mission to progress more smoothly. At least, you should have told me.

Wei Yenwu: I must apologize yet again, Miss Amiya. From my position, I simply cannot disclose all our intel.

Blaze: You used us to draw Reunion's attention.

Wei Yenwu: No, the L.G.D was right there with you.

Dr. Linda: You used all of us as bait.

Wei Yenwu: Huh?

Dr. Linda: At the most crucial moment, when Reunion was most vulnerable... Rhodes Island was made to draw their attention. You led Reunion to believe that the L.G.D. had been separated... and fooled them into thinking that Lungmen was undefended.

With the sudden realization, Spade angrily grabs the radio away.

Spade: You son of a bitch! ARE YOU TRYING TO SET US UP AND LEFT US TO DIE?!

Wei Yenwu: Now, now. Just understand that we all have to face this difficult situation together.

Spade: Together? TOGETHER?! You've been sitting on your ass doing nothing but smoke as your city burns around you!

Amiya: Spade, it's fine. Miss Swire helped us to defeat Reunion's forces, together. Lungmen did not abandon us.

Spade: Tch...

Wei Yenwu: Our agreement is still valid. No matter what happened during the process, only the end result can satisfy me. No matter what happened.

Spade: I swear to god if I have to do the same thing again to my dad's killers on this city...

Dr. Linda: Spade, calm down.

Dr. Linda requested, causing Spade to sigh.

Spade: Yes, Doctor...

Dr. Linda, Amiya, and Wei Yenwu continue to talk while Spade ignores them as he sat on a broken piece of debris before taking off his bandages.

Spade: Shit...

The Originium crystals are still spreading, covering Spade's index finger and half of his middle finger.

Blaze: Kouhai! Let's go!

Spade: Yeah, yeah, I'm coming...

Quickly putting back on his bandages, Spade caught up with Amiya and the others as they board the helicopter.

Spade: Now what?

Amiya: We will be planning a counterattack against Reunion. Our next mission is to completely drive them out of Lungmen.

Spade: Okay then... Anyway, I hope you had been taking care of the Colonel when I was gone. I did ask that you babysit her during your mission.

Spade said, only for Amiya and Dr. Linda tearing their gaze away from Spade.

Spade: Amiya...? Doctor...?

Blaze: Are you talking about that chicken? I think she was captured by Reunion back in those ruins.

Silence filled the air as Spade slowly turns his head to look at Blaze with a death stare.

Blaze: N-Nevermind!

Everyone in the helicopter felt a shiver up their spine as they were frightened by Spade's expression. 

Spade: Oh my... What sudden change in events...

Dr. Linda: A-Are you... Mad?

Spade: Oh, I'm more than mad... In fact, I'm PISS.

Spade stated as he loads Memento Mori into Ace of Spades, giving it a menacing glow.

Spade: Looks like BABA YAGA is coming to town.

End Of Chapter

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

114K 5.1K 20
แด„แด€แดœ๊œฑแด‡ ษช'แด แด‡ ษขแดแด› แด€ ส™สŸแด€ษดแด‹ ๊œฑแด˜แด€แด„แด‡ ส™แด€ส™ส, แด€ษดแด… ษช'สŸสŸ แดกส€ษชแด›แด‡ สแดแดœส€ ษดแด€แดแด‡. ------ "Why did you just give me the ten of spades? that wasn't even my card." ...
63.2K 1.4K 23
With the Ace of Spades let loose, on a personal vendetta to kill Salem and take control of the Grimm, and also with his newest and possibly smartest...
76.1K 2.1K 25
Once a past candidate to fight for her life alongside her comrades who died. Setsuna Fuji who is a former player; now a resident in the Borderlands...
37K 1.3K 29
Arthur has gotten a mark, of spades even though he lives in clubs.. What could it mean? Alfred is Prince of spades, he is unsure of who will rule the...