Is This Fate or Misfortune?

By Skyslovely

[Black Butler various x Reader] (Y/N) is one of the few rare humans who was gifted with magic powers in her w... More

Her Acquaintance, A Whole New World
Her Acquaintance, Waking Up To This!!
Her Acquaintance, The Phantomhive Household
Her Acquaintance, Out in town
His Butler, Able
His Butler, Strongest
His Butler, Omnipotent
His Butler, Capricious
His Butler, Chance Encounter
His Butler, At the Funeral
Her Acquaintance, A Picnic for Six
His Butler, Merrymaking
His Butler, Training
Her Acquaintance, Combat
His Butler, Phantom Image
Her Acquaintance, Masquerade
His Butler, On Ice
Her Acquaintance, The Invite
Her Acquaintance, Trancy Manor
Her Acquaintance, Captive
Her Acquaintance, Alois
Her Acquaintance, Right from Wrong
Her Acquaintance, Games
Her Acquaintance, Earl Trancy
His Butler, However You Please
His Butler, Forlorn
Her Acquaintance, Lessons
A/N
Her Acquaintance, Visit
Her Acquaintance, Puzzles and Spells
Her Acquaintance, The Knight
His Butler, Freeloader
His Butler, Supremacy Talented
His Butler, Competing
Her Acquaintance, The Choir
Her Acquaintance, I'm where!?
Her Acquaintance, Vacation
Her Acquaintance, A Run Into
Her Acquaintance, Beach
Ciel in Wonderland part 1
Ciel in Wonderland part 2
Her Acquaintance, Welcome to Weston
Her Acquaintance, New Faces
Her Acquaintance, Daily Life at Weston's
Her Acquaintance, Demon Butler
Her Acquaintance, Reaper's Quarters
Her Acquaintance, Clues Discovered
Her Acquaintance, The Past
Her Acquaintance, Pieces
Her Acquaintance, Of Coffins and Skulls
His Butler, Offering
His Butler, Transmitted
Her Acquaintance, Confusion
Is This Melodious or Diabolical?
Her Acquaintance Mini Shorts
Her Acquaintance, Uncertainty
Her Acquaintance, Rain
His Butler, Imprisoned
His Butler, Escaping
Her Acquaintance, History
Intermission: Timeline
Her Acquaintance, Prince
He Acquaintance, Reaper's Mission
Her Acquaintance, Tea
Her Acquaintance, Mischief
Her Acquaintance, A Demon's Heart
Her Acquaintance, Earl Phantomhive
Her Acquaintance, Appreciation
His Butler, Dissolution
His Butler, Up In Flames
His Butler, Fluent
Her Acquaintance, The End Part 1
Her Acquaintance, The End Part 2
Edward Ending
Prince Soma Ending
Grell Ending
Alois Ending
Finny Ending
Ciel Ending
Author Note

Sebastian Ending

1.7K 47 5
By Skyslovely

   "We'll see you when you return!"

The merry exclamations of the servants made you laugh and look over to where they stood just meters away, waving to both Sebastian and you, the two of you sitting at the front of the wagon. Once again, Ciel had brought everyone from the Phantomhive Manor to the country home on a break that he had been given by the Queen. Having gotten lower on supplies, Sebastian and you was heading to the town to buy some more supplies. The others; Ciel including, was staying behind at the cottage while the two of you left.

"We won't be long," you called back to them and with another wave, the wagon was soon heading off down the road, Sebastian gripping the reigns as he navigated the way to town. With a small stretch, you turned to where Sebastian sat on your right, the demon butler glancing from the road and to you, a small amused smirk crossing onto his face. "What all do we have to get from the town when we get there?"

"A few ingredients that I need in order to fix dinner for the day," Sebastian responded, glancing back to look at the dirt road. "Additionally, we'll be needing a few things for the cottage itself."

You nodded your head, humming slightly upon hearing his answer and you leaned back into the seat, watching as the scenery flew by. "There's a few thing that I have to get once we get there," you stated, thinking how the supplies you packed was beginning to dwindle now that a few days had passed. "If they even have them that is," you said.

The town was a small one so there was a chance that it wouldn't have what you needed. There was a better chance at finding the ingredients that Sebastian needed at the local stores.

"I'm sure that they'll have what you're looking for," Sebastian said with a low chuckle, his red eyes sliding over to look at you while he continued to drive. "I'll be sure to keep an eye open when we're there."

"Thanks for that Sebastian," you happily said, feeling grateful for the demon butler that sat at your side. With a content sigh, you settled further into the seat, the action causing Sebastian to sigh though you noticed the amused glance that he gave you. Seeing this, a small playful smile crossed onto your face and lightly you laughed finding fun with messing with the demon. It was quiet for a moment as the wagon lurched down the road, softly rolling over the small hills that lined the landscape and in the distance, you could spot the silhouettes of the buildings of the town.

"How are you feeling?"

At the sudden words of Sebastian, you looked back over to find that he was facing the road, however, his pupils had slid over to look at you from the corner of his eyes. With this you slightly shifted to a straightened stance, having heard the underlying worriedness that was in his voice.

"Don't worry Sebastian I'm feeling fine," you answered, giving him a reassuring smile and unconsciously you reached back to touch the scar that slashed across your back. "It doesn't bother me anymore and its healed, although it'll remain as a scar." It had been a year since the conflict with Malcom but for everyone especially yourself, that night was still fresh in your mind.

"And the nightmares are gone right?"

At this you nodded, confirming what he had said and this was something that you were happy about. "I haven't had any for a few months now." You paused for a moment thinking over something before you turned to Sebastian, a small smile on your face. "It's thanks to you and everyone else that I was able to get by during this last year. Thanks for being supportive and helping me when I needed it."

Sebastian was quiet, but you saw a pensive look on his face before the slivers of a melancholic smile replaced it. "Of course. For you I would do all that I could to make sure that you're safe." He reached over with his left hand while using his right to continue steering the wagon and curiously you watched him only for Sebastian to place a hand on your head. He ruffled it softly and there was a comforting smile on his face as he did so.

A heavy blush settled on your cheeks once Sebastian had ruffled your hair and bashfully, you looked to the side this causing Sebastian to chuckle once again as he turned to focus back on the road. You rubbed at your cheeks trying to ward off the embarrassment that you felt and with another side, you settled yourself further into the seat waiting for when the two of you finally reached town.

The wagon soon rolled its way into town and from where you sat, you watched the townsfolk walk by on the sidewalks, some of them crossing in the street in front as they headed to their desired location. It was a fairly peaceful day and the warm feeling of the sun's rays made you close your eyes in a blissful manner. However, the wagon eventually rolled to a stop, the sudden action causing you to open your eyes to find that Sebastian had parked the wagon off to the side of the road.

"We're here," Sebastian remarked as he placed the reigns down and after doing so, he stepped down from the wagon before reaching up and extending a hand towards you. With a thankful smile, you took the hand of Sebastian and stepped down from the wagon coming to stand on the street at his side.

"Thanks Sebastian." You looked around the area to find that he had brought the two of you to the main section of town; near the majority of shops. Peering around you noticed that there was a few shops that you wanted to take a look in. "So where to first?" You merrily asked, turning to the demon butler that stood at your side.

"There's a shop not too far from here that carries what I need," Sebastian responded, looking around the town before seeming to find the shop that he was looking for. "I can go buy what I need while you go search for what you need."

"It's okay Sebastian, I don't mind going with you. I can always get what I need later on," you told the demon butler giving him a smile in response.

"Are you sure?"

With a nod of your head, you gave him that smile once again. "Mhm, I wouldn't mind coming to help you with what you need to get," you told the demon butler who chuckled, but it was clear that he was pleased that you would be coming along with him. "Where to then?"

"The shop's not too far from here," Sebastian said, lightly gesturing for you to follow after him. "There's not a lot of things that I need to get, but it would be nice to have your help."

"Of course," you proclaimed, following after Sebastian as the two of you began walking down the sidewalk heading to the store that Sebastian had pointed out earlier. "I wouldn't mind helping you. It reminds me of when I would go with you to town during London to fetch supplies for the manor." You lightly laughed upon thinking about this; you would always accompany Sebastian to town as not only were you helping, but this also gave you time to spend with Sebastian.

Sebastian lightly chuckled upon hearing this, clearly remembering himself the times that you two would go to town together. "I can always count on you to help me more than those incompetent servants."

"They're not too bad," you inputted with a light laugh.

Sebastian instead frowned, seeming to disagree with your words as he seemed to be reflecting on the actions of the servants. "Whenever I ask any of them to go and fetch more supplies for the manor they always seem to forget one specific item. It's either that or they buy meaningless things that I did not ask of them to get." The frown that was on his face seemed to deepen more and an irritated tick mark appeared on his forehead. It was clear that the servants clearly frustrated Sebastian, however, you couldn't help but find this comical.

"I'm sure they mean well," you responded with a humorous laugh, the noise causing Sebastian to look over and the frown slowly faded from his face as a small amused grin crossed it, seeming to find it nice. "They just tend to be forgetful on some things."

"More like incompetent. The only one who is capable of doing something is you. This is why I have grown to rely on you much more than the others. You always make sure to get things done in a timely manner and always do it to the best of your ability," Sebastian declared, his sudden kind words making you quickly look up to him with slightly wide eyes, but a smile grew onto your face as you looked back ahead.

"Thanks for saying all of those things," you laughed in response, raising a hand to your mouth upon doing so. "But don't think so poorly of the servants. I'm sure that they'll come through one of these days."

"That'll be the day when I get killed."

With an amused sigh and a shake of your head, you simply followed Sebastian as he led the way to the shop and without a waste, the two of you entered to look for the supplies that Sebastian needed. "What all do you need me to get?" You asked him and in response he reached into his coat pocket to pull out a list of items that he was planning on buying.

"How about I get half of the list and you can get the other half?" You suggested glancing over the items that were on the list. "If we do this we'll be sure to get things done faster."

"That's a good idea, we would certainly be able to head back to the cottage faster if we were to do that. Good idea (Y/N)." Sebastian gave you an approved smile and he slightly ruffled your hair, his action making you look to the side bashfully. With that he glanced over the list once more memorizing what was on it. "We'll meet at the cashier once we're done," he said and headed further into the store leaving you behind with the rest of the list.

Having finished gathering some of the supplies that was written on the paper, Sebastian and you reunited to pay for them before heading back outside. Both Sebastian and you headed around to the rest of the stores that were nearby to gather the rest of the supplies.

"I think that's everything," you remarked, looking over the paper and seeing that all of the words on it was crossed out.

A shadow was cast over you and looking up, you came to find Sebastian leaning over you analyzing the paper that was in your hand. He was remarkably close; close enough that the fabric of his coat rubbed against your shoulder. He had leaned closer so that he could easily see the paper, this causing his face to draw in nearer to your own and you stiffen at the close proximity of the demon. His red eyes slid to the right, staring directly into your own and at this your cheeks warmed to a hot pulse, and you only grew more flustered upon seeing the large amused smirk that crossed onto his face.

"Is something the matter?" He hushed, amusement dancing in his eyes and lingered in his tone as he closely watched you.

"Nothings the matter," you stammered, quickly backing away from the demon and a chuckle left Sebastian upon seeing this.

"Well if every is settled, why don't we head back to the cottage?"

"Yeah sure. That sounds great!"

--------------------------------

Light conversation was shared between the two of you on the way back to the cottage and it wasn't long before you reached the small house by the ocean. The servants cheerfully greeted Sebastian and you upon driving up to the cottage and they headed over to grab the supplies that the two of you had bought.

"Thanks for the help guys," you proclaimed to the three of them as you stepped down from the wagon, Sebastian following on the other side.

"We're happy to help!" Finny exclaimed as he stacked several of the supplies in his hands and headed towards the cottage alongside Mey-Rin and Baldroy. You watched them head to the cottage, Ciel standing at the front watching as the servants brought in the supplies. You were about to bring in some of the supplies alongside the others, however Sebastian reached out and stopped you, causing you to pause and look back at him.

"There is still something that I need to do. Wait here for when I come back."

Sebastian didn't give you anytime to respond as he headed into the cottage following the servants and curiously, you followed him watching as he disappeared behind the door frame. You wondered what he was still having to do, but seeing that you couldn't ask him at the current moment, you simply headed over to sit on the front steps of the cottage. Ciel had already headed inside having followed the others into the cottage.

To this you took the time to relax on the front steps and you leaned back relaxing in the warm rays of the sun once again.

It was always nice to spend time with those at the Phantomhive Manor especially when you had time to be with everyone individually. Recently you had looked forward to getting time with Sebastian having always been working with the servants during duties or with Ciel on his cases so you appreciated having the time when it was just Sebastian and you.

"Are you ready?"

At the sound of the deep voice from behind, you looked up to find Sebastian leaning over you, a questioning look on his face as he waited for your answer. It was clear that he was done with what he was doing in the cottage and seeing this you stood, giving him a swift nod of your head.

"I'm ready."

Seeing this, Sebastian gave a small nod of his head before walking down the front steps of the cottage and he gestured for you to follow him. You fell in line at his side curious on where he was going and this only increased more as he passed the wagon, heading further from the cottage.

"Wait Sebastian, where are we going?" You asked the demon butler, curiously looking up at him.

"I plan on fetching some berries from the forest to cook breakfast for us tomorrow," Sebastian responded glancing down at your short frame and you pulled your gaze away from him and back onto the path. It was the same path that led into the forest, the one that the two of you had taken whenever you went to pick berries from the forest.

You nodded showing that you had heard all that he had said. It was still fairly early in the morning so you could perfectly see the surrounding area as the two of you entered the forest. Sebastian remained by your side, seeming to look over to make sure that you remained near him the deeper the two of you walked.

"What do you plan on making this time?" You asked him with a light laugh.

"Wild blueberry scones with lemon glaze," Sebastian bemusedly answered, the appetizing words causing you to fantasize the food.

"That sounds delicious actually. Is there anything that you can't do?" You chuckled looking up at Sebastian from the corners of your eyes.

"I have to admit that there's nothing that I know of that I can't do," Sebastian deeply chuckled in response, amusement dancing in his voice. "I'm afraid that I'm too perfect for this world."

You slightly chuckled upon this, throwing an amused glance up at the demon. "Are you so sure about that? From where I'm standing that sounds a bit narcissistic."

"Didn't you call me that last time?" There was a velvety purr in Sebastian's voice as he looked at you, his red eyes slightly narrowed. "I can assure you my lady I speak nothing but the truth."

You blushed, but laughed all the same. "Hmm if you say so."

A peaceful silence had crossed between Sebastian and you and only the sounds of the forest could be heard as you walked down the grass pathway. The area was slightly familiar and you made sure to keep your eyes peeled for any berry bushes that you could point out to Sebastian. You were looking forward to trying what he was making, but currently you enjoyed being able to enjoy the presence of the male at your side.

"It's nice being able to have this time with you Sebastian," you suddenly remarked, earning the curious attention of the butler.

Sebastian chuckled, a pleased expression on his face upon hearing your words. "I do enjoy being in the company of one such as yourself (Y/N)."

The pathway soon opened up to a clearing, one that was near a large pond that was filled with lily pads and reeds and your eyes focused on the large gazebo that looked out over the water. It was the same one that the two of you had stumbled upon before; you hadn't realized that you were walking in the direction of this clearing. There was a peaceful stillness as Sebastian and you walked into the clearing and without wasting a moment, you headed over to the gazebo.

A smile grew on your face as you walked over to rest your arms against the wooden banister of the gazebo. "This would definitely be one of my favorite spots here at the beach house," you remarked, gazing out across the pond and from your peripherals noted that Sebastian had stepped up onto the platform and headed over to where you stood.

"I don't exactly see anything to special about it," Sebastian inputted glancing at the pond for a split second before turning back to focus onto you.

"I have a feeling that you've said that before." You laughed, looking up to where he stood at your side and there was a happy feeling inside upon seeing the soft smile that was on his face. With a small stretch you turned so that you were slightly facing Sebastian, the demon butler having angled his body so that he was turned more towards you. "You know I'm glad to have you by my side Sebastian. You've always been helpful whenever I needed it, helping me with my training or just making sure that I'm alright in general." You gave him large smile, one that made his eyes widen ever so slightly. "Thanks for that Sebastian. It really helped me when I was here," you genuinely said.

Sebastian lightly chuckled and in a soft gesture he reached over to place a hand on your head, giving you a warm smile in the process. "I'm glad that I was able to do this. You have really exceeded my expectations and I'm proud of how far you have come."

You blushed at his words, gaze trailing down to look at the ground while Sebastian ruffled your hair, an action that always felt reassuring whenever he did so. Sebastian was quiet as he did so, his red eyes gazing down at you in an indistinguishable manner and you slightly flinched upon feeling his hand stop ruffling your hair before slowly sliding down to stop at the side, his fingers holding the back of your head.

"What you don't realize is the level of my fondness for you (Y/N). There is more to it than you realize."

Immediately your eyes widened and your eyes shot up to stare bewilderingly up into the red eyes of Sebastian, his face remarkably close to your own. At this your face immediately flushed, burning so hot that you were sure that Sebastian could see it.

"What?"

Sebastian was quiet, his eyes flickering between your own and some raw emotion was swirling around in them as he glanced across your face.

"I've grown to desire more than just Ciel's soul."

"Does that mean?..."

A low chuckle came from Sebastian upon hearing you question, that amused smirk of his turning into a soft smile.

"For a human, I've grown to care about you more than any other. Truthfully I never thought this be possible, but I've seen your resilience throughout these years and unexpectedly, this is what has drawn me to you."

"Sebastian..." Was all you could whisper, but there was a overwhelming sense of delight that struck you and a small giddy smile grew onto your face.

Seeing this Sebastian lightly chuckled and he slowly leaned further down. Your eyes widen as his lips landed on your own, capturing them in a blissful kiss that deepened as his fingers clutched tighter into your hair. You closed your eyes, yielding yourself to the warm embrace of the demon and his other arm wrapped itself around your back pulling your further into the embrace. Underneath the kiss, you could feel the smile that was on his lips before he pulled back, a longing look in his bright red eyes.

A blissful smile crept onto your lips as you gazed up at Sebastian, content welling up from inside. "I feel the same way Sebastian."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

393K 10.6K 39
(Y/n) (L/n) is not an angel, nor a demon. She is the offspring of a demon father and angel mother. Her fate has been decided by heaven and hell and s...
357K 10.6K 37
Would you be willing to go through Hell to get your happily ever after? --- "Sebastian, do not come any closer to me," I whispered. He ignored my ple...
8.4K 168 27
Sebastian MichaelisXReader Ciel Phantomhive hadn't exactly told everyone that his sister, (fn), survived the fire from the manor and the torture the...
989K 38.1K 63
When home alone, Y/N has a strange encounter with a man claiming to be a television god, who grants her the ability to enter her favorite show, Black...