Is This Fate or Misfortune?

Od Skyslovely

[Black Butler various x Reader] (Y/N) is one of the few rare humans who was gifted with magic powers in her w... Viac

Her Acquaintance, A Whole New World
Her Acquaintance, Waking Up To This!!
Her Acquaintance, The Phantomhive Household
Her Acquaintance, Out in town
His Butler, Able
His Butler, Strongest
His Butler, Omnipotent
His Butler, Capricious
His Butler, Chance Encounter
His Butler, At the Funeral
Her Acquaintance, A Picnic for Six
His Butler, Merrymaking
His Butler, Training
Her Acquaintance, Combat
His Butler, Phantom Image
Her Acquaintance, Masquerade
His Butler, On Ice
Her Acquaintance, The Invite
Her Acquaintance, Trancy Manor
Her Acquaintance, Captive
Her Acquaintance, Alois
Her Acquaintance, Right from Wrong
Her Acquaintance, Games
Her Acquaintance, Earl Trancy
His Butler, However You Please
His Butler, Forlorn
Her Acquaintance, Lessons
A/N
Her Acquaintance, Visit
Her Acquaintance, Puzzles and Spells
Her Acquaintance, The Knight
His Butler, Freeloader
His Butler, Supremacy Talented
His Butler, Competing
Her Acquaintance, The Choir
Her Acquaintance, I'm where!?
Her Acquaintance, Vacation
Her Acquaintance, A Run Into
Her Acquaintance, Beach
Ciel in Wonderland part 1
Ciel in Wonderland part 2
Her Acquaintance, Welcome to Weston
Her Acquaintance, New Faces
Her Acquaintance, Daily Life at Weston's
Her Acquaintance, Demon Butler
Her Acquaintance, Reaper's Quarters
Her Acquaintance, Clues Discovered
Her Acquaintance, The Past
Her Acquaintance, Pieces
Her Acquaintance, Of Coffins and Skulls
His Butler, Offering
His Butler, Transmitted
Her Acquaintance, Confusion
Is This Melodious or Diabolical?
Her Acquaintance Mini Shorts
Her Acquaintance, Uncertainty
Her Acquaintance, Rain
His Butler, Imprisoned
His Butler, Escaping
Her Acquaintance, History
Intermission: Timeline
Her Acquaintance, Prince
He Acquaintance, Reaper's Mission
Her Acquaintance, Tea
Her Acquaintance, Mischief
Her Acquaintance, A Demon's Heart
Her Acquaintance, Earl Phantomhive
Her Acquaintance, Appreciation
His Butler, Dissolution
His Butler, Up In Flames
His Butler, Fluent
Her Acquaintance, The End Part 1
Her Acquaintance, The End Part 2
Edward Ending
Prince Soma Ending
Grell Ending
Finny Ending
Sebastian Ending
Ciel Ending
Author Note

Alois Ending

873 23 2
Od Skyslovely

   Pulling up the collar of your coat against the thin chilly breeze that came from the north; the weather was slightly turning colder with each passing day, however, you paid no heed to this and simply enjoyed the change in the weather. Rubbing your hands slightly against each other, you came to a stop upon finding yourself outside of a familiar ice cream parlor, the pastel cream color of the building sticking out among the dull colors of the surrounding buildings.

With a small stretch, you entered the ice cream parlor, the bell that hung above the door chiming as the door was opened. There was no one inside, the tables and the counter of the shop being devoid of any living person. You simply concluded that the old lady who owned the ice cream parlor was most likely somewhere in the back and you could only hope that she wouldn't rush just because you were the first person here.

Instead of heading to the counter, you walked over to one of the tables that was seated before the large windows at the front of the shop, sliding into the one of its chairs. With a small sigh you relaxed, leaning your arms against the table counter as your eyes peered outside the window of the small ice cream parlor, watching the people that passed as you waited.

The day itself was relatively nice, although some would be opposed to it, the sky itself was devoid of most clouds allowing the bright sun to shine down, giving some warmth to the otherwise chilly air. Shifting could be heard from the counter and curiously, you looked over in time to find the owner coming out from behind a door. The elderly lady had failed to notice you as she walked behind the counter seeming to be making sure that everything was running smoothly. Her eyes pulled up from the counter, widening in surprise upon noticing you.

"Oh! I didn't realize that you had come in dear," the elderly lady, Irene stated from where she was behind the counter. "You should have told me that you were here."

"I just didn't want to bother you Irene," you told her with a small smile shifting in the seat so that you could fully face her. She remained standing behind the counter, tending to the small machines and tools that was used to scoop the ice cream.

"Nonsense. It's always a joy to have you come here," Irene said as she stopped, her brown eyes focusing on where you sat at the table. "There hasn't been as much customers as of lately so it's nice to have a familiar face come to my shop."

"Is business going okay?" You asked her, genuinely worried as you had grown fond of the elderly woman because of her sweet and easy going nature, not to mention she always brought down the price whenever you would come to the shop.

"Don't worry too much about it," she reassured, waving her hand in dismissal as a small smile grew on her face. She turned, her back facing you as she fiddled with one of the equipment that was on the counter. "What would you like to drink dear?"

"I'll just take a coffee," you answered, watching as she began to make the drink and you comfortably adjusted yourself in the seat as you focused back on gazing outside the window. In the distance, gray clouds had slowly begun to form indicating that it would rain later in the day. You softly swore underneath your breath upon seeing this, regretting not having brought an umbrella for the day.

"Your coffee is ready."

Upon hearing the soft voice of Irene, you tore your gaze from the window and stood, slowly heading over to grab onto the coffee cup that was sitting on the counter. "Thanks Irene. How much is it?" You asked, reaching into your pockets to pull out the money that was inside.

"It's on the house," the elderly lady said with a reassuring smile knowing that you were about to protest and seeing that nothing would alter the mind of the shop owner, you gave her a smile and thanked her.

It was as you was heading back to your seat, that she spoke up again and you stopped and turned back to face her. "I'm guessing that you're waiting for someone." There was a mischievous expression on her face as she gave you an amused smile and you could only give her a sheepish smile before making your way back over to sit.

"Actually I am."

A frustrated expression crossed Irene's face as she glanced over to the door which had remained close ever since you had first arrived. "And he has still yet to arrive. Shame on him. He should know that it's not polite to keep a lady waiting."

A sheepish expression crossed your face upon hearing her words and you raised a hand to catch her attention. "There's no need to get upset at him. I've actually arrived early. I figured that I might as well get here before the meeting time as opposed to being late. I haven't been coming by as of late so it'd be nice to talk with you before he gets here"

"Oh!" It was clear that Irene had taken to what you had said, a genuine smile of happiness on her face as she turned away to continue cleaning the equipment.

In that very second, the chimes that hung above the door began to jingle, the sudden high pitch noise gaining the attention of both Irene and you. Curiously, you looked over to the door all the while taking a sip of the coffee and you watched as a familiar person entered inside followed by another person.

The soft blonde curls was what had first caught your attention, a familiar characteristic that set him apart from everyone else and bemusedly, you watched as the boy energetically peered around the shop before his blue eyes fell onto where you were sitting. The smile that was on his face only seemed to grow once he caught sight of you and quickly he bounded his way over to the table.

"(Y/N)!" Alois happily called, coming to a stop at the table, a delighted expression on his face as it was clear that he was happy to see you. "I'm glad that we were able to get together! It feels like its been so long! I hope that you weren't waiting too long."

You lightly laughed at this, turning the smile that was on your face towards the blonde hair boy. "Don't worry I wasn't here for that long," you reassured, sitting up fully in the seat you were in.

Irene remained quiet from where she was behind the counter allowing Aloud and you to reconnect with each other. "It hasn't even been that long," you humored. "We've met up just last week."

"Yeah, but that seems so long ago," he playfully complained, pulling himself up to sit in the chair opposite to you, the blonde earl shifting so that he was comfortable.

From the corner of your eyes, you noticed that Claude had headed over to sit at a table that was on the far side of the shop, the demon butler having come in alongside Alois, however, you had paid no attention to him. It was clear to see that the demon butler was bored, the look of disinterest on his face as he settled down into one of the seats and even Irene didn't ask him if he wanted anything.

"What would you like dear?" The soft question was directed towards Alois who paused and looked back at Irene.

A contemplated looked crossed his face before he answered. "I'll have yellow tea," he answered with a smile before turning back to face you.

You noticed that he had an umbrella at his side, having brought it in case it would rain for the day, a smart move on him as it looked like it would rain in the coming hours. It was only likely that Claude had made sure to remind the earl to bring it with him something that you were envious of. Why hadn't Sebastian warned you? He was a demon, shouldn't he at least have a inkling if it was going to rain or not.

"Is something wrong?"

With a sigh, you focused your attention back onto Alois and gave him a smile of reassurance all the while softly shaking your head. "Sorry, I was thinking about something," you stated, figuring that there was no point in explaining to him what was on your mind. "How have you've been? It hasn't been long since we've met up, but a lot can happen in a week."

Alois deeply sighed, a childish look of annoyed crossing onto his face and his finger began to scratch the oak surface of the table. "I've been drowning in nothing but work!" He complained. "After the incident those months ago, the Queen has been sending me so much paperwork to do. Why can't she just dump it all on Ciel?"

Exasperatedly, you couldn't agree with his last statement, however, you still pitied the blonde earl for the taxing work that he was being given especially when it was clear that he was exhausted. With a small sigh, you could only give a small nod of your head to show that you sympathized with him. "Ciel's also been given a lot of work so I can understand that. I'm sure the work load will dwindle in numbers once things fully get back to normal." You could only hope that your words would help cheer up the younger boy and thankfully they seemed to do the work.

A smile slowly seemed to stretch its way onto Alois's face as he glanced up from the surface of the table and focused on you. "But being able to see you today has made my day! I could care less about the amount of work I get if it means that I get to see you!"

His enthusiastic words threw you off for a moment, but as Alois commonly did this, you quickly relaxed, giving him a genuine smile at his energetic yet kind-hearted self.

"Alois." Irene called out his name, the sudden call making the said boy turn around to look as the elderly lady placed a cup on the counter, the cup clearly holding his yellow tea.

At the sight of the cup, Alois quickly stood up from the chair and made his way over to where Irene stood next to his cup and seeing that two of them were conversing between each other, the distance preventing you from hearing what they were saying, you turned back to glance outside the window.

The gray clouds only seemed as if they were growing closer now, creeping in from the horizon at a rather fast rate and making you dread the upcoming hours. If only you had brought an umbrella for the day.

The sound of footsteps was what had made you turn away, watching as Alois returned to the table holding his cup of tea, and curiously you noticed that hints of pink was on his cheeks, the young boy seeming embarrassed as he walked back. Irene was softly humming to herself seeming to be in a upbeat mood something that only garnered your suspicion.

"Did something happen?"

"I- It's nothing," Alois stammered, his quick words making you raise an eyebrow as Alois rarely stuttered.

You didn't say anything to this though, figuring that Irene had said something that had made the earl act this way. However, a small smile came onto your face upon seeing his flustered expression and you could only wonder what exactly Irene had said to him. Claude remained sitting off to the side, paying no attention to either Alois or you and he still hadn't ordered anything from the counter. Not that you really cared to say the least.

Focusing your attention back onto Alois, you took a sip from the coffee that was in front of you and Alois did the same with the tea that he had ordered.

"So what did Ciel say?" Alois asked, setting the tea cup back down onto the table and eagerly looking up to you, leaning a bit forward onto the counter as he waited for your answer.

With a small smile on your face you placed the coffee back down onto the table. "He said that he doesn't mind so I'll be able to come whenever."

"He really agreed to it!"

The happy outburst came from the boy as he jubilantly leaned further on the table, the action making you laugh in amusement and Irene yell out to the boy to not break her table.

With a nod you gave the younger boy a smile. "He said as long as I let him know before then it'll be fine."

The blonde hair earl before you had been driven in getting you to stay over at the Trancy Manor one of these days and you told him that you would convince Ciel to get this to happen. Truthfully, you were looking forward to being able to stay at the Trancy Manor anytime you wanted too. Sure you loved living at the Phantomhive Manor, but it would be nice to stay somewhere new for a short period of time. Not to mention it would be nice to see both Hannah and the triplets after all this time.

By now both Alois and you had finished your drinks, but this remained unnoticed by the blonde hair boy as he eagerly began explaining the events that had happened to him in the last few days.

"Claude and I ended up going to this small desolate town out in country that the Queen had turned into a natural springs resort. It might look like a fun tourist attraction to everyone else, but it was actually quite a bore. The only thing that I could give it credit for was the hot springs themselves," Alois complained, leaning on an elbow that was propped onto the table, a small irritable look on his face as he reminisced.

"Don't tell me... Was that placed called Houndsville?"

Alois immediately perked up at this, a look of surprise and awe crossing it as he intriguingly leaned forward. "Actually it was! Well actually the Queen ended up changing the name, but it used to be called Houndsville. You've been?"

"It's been about several months if not a year since I've last been to the town," you inputted with a small smile remembering the ordeals that you had experienced during your time in Houndsville. "Most of the time I ended up going for cases with Ciel."

Alois nodded his head as he listened to your words and he made a small face upon hearing the name of the town. "Well I don't plan on visiting that place anytime soon. The Queen can just dump any cases related to it on Ciel," he said with a dismiss of his hand. A gleam suddenly appeared in his eyes as he straightened up, a enthusiastic gleam shining in his eyes. "Let's go out! As much as I love this place wouldn't it be nice to stroll around town."

Without giving you a chance to answer, he immediately slid out from his chair and gave a small stretch, leaving the empty cup on the table.

"Come on (Y/N)!" He implored, reaching out and grabbing onto your hand upon seeing that you remained sitting.

"Alright. Alright." You yielded into the demands of the younger boy and slid out of the chair, leaving the empty coffee cup on the table as you turned to address Irene. "Thanks for the coffee Irene. I'll be sure to pay for it next time."

"I told you it was on the house," the elderly lady protested, her remark simply earning a laugh from you.

"Thanks Irene!" Alois chipped. "Claude let's go!" He yelled at the demon butler who stood from the chair without a word.

With a wave towards Irene, Alois and you left the small café, the clinging of the chimes marking your departure and from the corners or your eyes, noted that Claude was slowly trailing after the two of you. Alois grabbed onto your hand merrily and with a mischievous smile, he began to lead you down the street away from the store and towards a black carriage that clearly belonged to the earl.

The umbrella remained on his left side while his right hand gripped your own and you could only give him an amused smile as you fell in step besides him. There was few people traveling up the road and the sidewalks. Most of the time it was just Alois and you though Claude was slowly trailing just mere feet from behind.

Alois paused for a moment turning around to face Claude and he gave a swift gesture, one that you didn't recognized, but Claude simply bowed and headed back to the carriage.

Seeming more enthusiastic now that Claude was gone, Alois grabbed onto your hand once again before pulling you down the sidewalk and bewildered, you could only wonder where he was bringing you. The bubbly boy only dragged you over to a shop that was ahead, bringing both him and you to a complete stop outside of the shop's door. Dropping your hand, he spread his own out to the entirety of the shop.

"Choose anything that you want!" He declared jubilantly. "I want to buy something for you since you're always there for me. It's another thank you gift that I want to get you."

"Alois you don't have too," you protested even as the blonde earl dragged you into the shop which was significantly empty. That was another thing that the earl had become fond of doing. Showering you with gifts that he bought from the local stores.

"But I want to buy you something," he whined, pulling you further into the store and seeing that you couldn't protest, you simply followed after the earl, entering the store and curiously looking around. Alois dropped your hand before gesturing for you to look around and with a smile, you did just that, having noticed a few things that had caught your attention.

Curiously, you trailed around the stands that was scattered around the shop, most of them containing dolls, purses, accessories or other small items that could be bought. Alois simply watched as you headed around the store and soon enough you came to a stop in front of a small stand that was near the back of the room. Gingerly, you reached out to grab onto the yellow dog plush that sat before you.

"Are you going to get that one?" Alois curiously asked having approached your side and you slightly turned to him while raising the plush up so that he could get a closer look at it.

"Mhm. It's really cute. Sorta reminds me of you," you teased, holding the dog plush besides Alois who blinked for a moment before a large smile grew on his face.

He grabbed the plush from your hands before darting over to the cashier despite your protest. "You can't go back on it now." He chuckled as he handed the plush over to the cashier and quickly paid for the plush before racing out of the shop. With a smile to the cashier who simply chuckled, you followed after Alois coming to find the earl earnestly grinning with the bag in his hands. "I believe this is yours," he remarked, handing the bag towards you.

"Thanks for getting this for me Alois." You thanked the younger boy with a large smile on his face which seemed to delight the boy and he happily spun on his feet in circles.

"Of course!"

Glancing around for a second you turned back to Alois. "Why don't we go somewhere to get something to eat?"

Alois paused for a moment in consideration before giving a nod of his head. "Sure! I was actually feeling a bit hungry."

The sky had gotten considerably darker, something that suggested that it wouldn't be long before the skies opened up and began to pour.

"Let's hurry up and get there. I don't exactly want to be caught in the rain."

As if bad luck was on your side, something cold and wet struck your face and trickled its way down. The moment that you had looked up, heavy droplets of rain began to free fall from the sky, pelting down onto both Alois and you with each passing second.

"Damn it."

But the moment the rain had begun, the cold droplets no longer soaked your clothes and in surprise you realized that Alois was using his umbrella to shield you. He had to raise it above your head, prompting him to stretch a bit in order to do this. The umbrella was mainly shielding you something that you were appreciative for especially when you noticed that half of his body was still being soaked by the rain as he made sure that you wouldn't get wet.

"It's a good thing I had this with me!" He cheered.

A warm smile came onto your face at his sincere actions and you stepped closer to the earl so that the umbrella would stretch more towards him.

"Thanks to you I can say that we were lucky," you lightly chuckled. "I remember seeing a restaurant not too far from here so we can head there to get out of this rain."

Not wanting to stay in the pouring rain any too longer, the two of you hurriedly made your way down the street, puddles of water splashing up from your feet. Alois was quiet, seeming to be in thought and curiously you glanced over to the boy.

Suddenly he perked up, his blue eyes peering up into your own. "Would this be called a date?" He mischievously asked, his sudden question throwing you off and leaving you speechless for a moment.

Soon enough light laughter came from you. "Wait three years and maybe you'll have the chance for that."

Alois pouted before a smile grew onto his face not seeming to take your words to deeply. "Guess I'll have to wait then! Even though it seems like that will be too long to do." The smile that was on his face turned more wistful. "Not like that really matters. I'm just happy that you accepted me. Really. You were the only person who gave me a chance (Y/N). And I'm really glad that the two of us could become friends. So never leave me okay!"

Seeing his eager and buoyant expression that was on his face you couldn't help the smile that came onto your face. "Don't worry Alois. I'm not going anywhere anytime soon "

Pokračovať v čítaní

You'll Also Like

463K 16.3K 69
A new group of soon-to-be reapers entered the headquarters this morning. Each high-ranked reaper was assigned a student to teach about collecting sou...
113K 3.6K 28
This is my first time writing this sort of thing so sorry if it's bad. (Y/N)= your name (L/N)= last name (F/c)= favourite colour (H/l)= hair lengt...
20.6K 488 24
~ ! 𝘿𝙄𝙎𝘾𝙊𝙉𝙏𝙄𝙉𝙐𝙀𝘿 ! ~ 𝘞𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘱𝘦𝘯𝘴 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘊𝘪𝘦𝘭 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘚𝘦𝘣𝘢𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘢𝘯 𝘸𝘰𝘳𝘬𝘦𝘥 𝘰𝘯 𝘢 𝘤𝘢𝘴𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘪𝘯𝘷𝘰�...
107K 3.9K 41
(Y/N) was chilling on her couch Saturday evening (like she always does) when she is transported to the world of Black Butler! What will happen then...