Wood and Ice

By Jokers_Kitten

Two athletes of different sports both professionals. What will happen when they both meet? Could there be a r... More

Introduction/ Chapter 1
Chapter 2: The Phone Call
Chapter 3: 3 Weeks Later
Chapter 4: The Next Day
Chapter 5: Charity Event
Chapter 6: Drinks
Chapter 7: Woman's Classic
Chapter 8: Game Time
Chapter 9: Her Game
Chapter 10: The Workout
Chapter 12: The Airport
Chapter 13: A Great Surprise
Chapter 14: Her Touch
Chapter 15: The Weekend Flies
Chapter 16: Several Months Later
Chapter 17: The Shock
Chapter 18: Broken and Confused
Chapter 19: Two Different Games
Chapter: 20 Reflection
Chapter 21: The Question
Chapter 22: Few Months Later
Chapter 23: The Big Reveal
Chapter 24:
Chapter 25: Several Months Later
Chapter 26 Several Months Later
Chapter 27:Shocking News
Chapter 28: Twist of Events

Chapter 11: The Telecast

62 4 0
By Jokers_Kitten

Rochelle POV

Its the next day and I am here at the lanes with Matt. He did his photography work of all the bowlers, well all 5 of us that is. And took some of the crowd.

"Hey Prodigy," Travis called for me.

"Yeah Coach." I was nervous.

"okay calm down. Just wanted to let you know you are getting mic'd for this."

Now this is a whole other ball game.

"Why?"

"Because you had time off and its a way for you to reconnect with everyone. And plus you are gonna have an ear piece so you can hear the broadcasters talk to you."

"Just peachy, " I told Travis. He knows how much I hate those things.

I made my over to Matt and Tyler. When I got there I see the whole gang here again. But when Tyler saw me he turned to face me. I put my head into his chest and wrapped my arms around him and sighed. At first he was surprised by this but he returned the embrace.

"Whats wrong?" He could tell something wasn't right. How he knew I have no clue. "Rochelle, talk to me what's the matter."

I pulled back and looked him in the eyes. 'How I can get lost in those'. He gently rubbed my face with his hand. " I have to have an earpiece and a mic." I finally said.

"Ok, so whats wrong with that? We don't get the earpiece but we get mic'd  on the ice too."

"Their putting an earpiece and a mic on you?" Jordie asked laughing.

I nod my head and there goes Jamie, Demers, and Jordie in a wave of hysteria. The look I shot them did not even make them flinch.

"Stop be so dramatic will ya, Prodigy. I swear you act like such a girl." A voice said behind me. I looked back to Tyler and his body stiffened. I turned in his embrace to see who caused the  tension.

"INFAMOUS!!!YOU'RE HERE! LIKE ACTUALLY HERE!" I shouted out.

I tore my embrace and hugged Jayson tightly. He returned my hug with an equal force. And for once during this whole trip I am now calm.

"Of course. Where else would I be when my favorite girl is here."

"Third favorite." I reminded him. "Speaking of favorite, are they here."

"Of course we are." a girl said.

"Ams." I left Jayson to hug her. She held me tight. But I got a tug on my leg. I looked down and there were the prettiest almond shaped eyes that I loved.

"Titi El" the little girl said.

"Hi my love." I bent down to pick her up and give her a cuddle.

Tyler still had a look about him. So I made sure to give them all the proper introductions.

"Jayson, Amber, this is Tyler. And over there talking to Matt is Jamie, his brother Jordie and Jason Demers."

"Tyler,  this is Jayson and his wife Amber. And this little bundle here is Lisa Marie."

They exchanged their hellos then of course Lisa poked Tyler.

"Tyer, are you Titi El bofen."

"Lisa," I looked at her. The shock expression on my face got laughs from everyone.

"Well lil one, if she would let me I would be." Tyler said and I just stood there with my jaw open. I saw the look in his eyes and I knew I was done for. My panties already soaked for a man. And we just started talking.

"Prodigy," The sound of Travis voice snapped me out of my trance.

I looked at him.

"Here Paul gave me this shirt earlier and said for you to wear it. Plus you are needed to go get your mic and earpiece. You'll be up soon. " Travis told me.

I handed my god daughter to her mom and grabbed the shirt from Travis.

Amber gave me a hug and wished me luck. Lisa Marie gave me a kiss on the cheek. Jayson grabbed my hand and pulled me to him. He held me tight and told me he loved me. He kissed me on the cheek and I told him I loved him too.

Matt and the guys all wished me luck.

When I looked at Tyler, he had this glint in his eye. He pulled me into his embrace. His touch sent shivers to my core. I looked into his eyes and it was like we were the only ones in the building. Like time for us stood still. All you could hear was our breathing and our heartbeats.

"Do good baby girl. Don't worry about the cameras or the mic and earpiece. Concentrate on your game." He said and smiled.

That smile, I wanted to kiss him then. But not here not infront of everyone.

He kissed my forehead and I swear I was mush. How am I gonna focus now?

I pulled back from his touch and felt cold. I didn't even feel this way with Jayson or Jacob.

Following Travis's instructions I changed into a new shirt that was black with flames. And on the back had the word PRODIGY in red letters outlined in white.  I got the earpiece and mic from him as well and made my way out to the "holding" area till it was my turn to bowl.

It was time for me to take my turn  on the lanes. I was seated 3rd. So who ever won this match went and faced the number two seed. As I put my stuff down on the rack I shook hands with the winner of the number 4 seed.    Just as I did that a voice came thru the earpiece.

"Rochelle, this is Randy and I'm sitting next to Andre."

" Hey guys. How are you doing?" God I hate this. They tell you to act normal and not look at the camera. Thank you for that or they see a bag full of mixed emotions right now.

"We are good. But the main thing is how are you?" Randy asked.

"I'm good thank you. Feeling great and excited to be back." I said which is true. Except nervous from the telecast but more so to Tyler.

"Rochelle, this is Andre. Question for you. Knowing how the lanes have been used today and the oil getting pushed farther out on the lanes, how will you approach the game? Will you have to change your line?"

" Great question Andre," Mind you now I am putting on my knee brace then my shoes. I have a little stretching to do with Travis then test the lanes myself before the game starts. "As you know the bowlers today are all right handed. And I am a lefty. So the oil that they are moving around pushes to my side. Which works in my benefit. But who knows. Things can change and we have to make the best adjustments we can."

With that being said its game time. If you're watching at home, when this is broadcasted, then you'll hear me make little comments here and there.

Andre and Randy leave me alone for the most part which is nice. So when this game ends I win. Now I face the number 2 seed.

I face the lady in second place and beat her as well.  We shook hands and she hugged me. Telling me that she was proud of me and that if she had to lose she was glad she lost to me. Bring on the tears.

I was able to take a small 10 minute break till I had to face the top seat. I made my way to the guys and Lisa jumped into my arms squeezing my neck in the process. Amber told her to loosen up. Jayson told me he was proud of me and so did Matt and everyone else. I handed my lil love back to her daddy and cuddled into Ty.

He had his arm wrapped around my waist and kissed my forehead  as he leaned down. Him being over 6 foot made me feel short being Im only 5'5.

" You're doing amazing baby girl. I have to say I never thought bowling could be intense to watch. But its like you move on air. You're breathtaking."

Of course Matt hears this and starts laughing. "That is why she is called the PRODIGY. She makes it look effortless."

"Nah man, there is something else." Ty says as he kisses my forehead."

"Rochelle, its time." I hear Travis.

I nod my head and look to my family and new friends that are here with me today.

Sam came over with Travis and asks how my knee is feeling. I told him its good just a little uncomfortable. But nothing I could handle.

Travis and I do a little talking about the lanes breaking down for me now but still had some oil being pushed my way. He told me to make my adjustments and wished me luck.

The game was close, we swap who was leading back and forth. But in the end I finished second. Not bad since I haven't been on the lanes in a while like this.  The victor of the match hugged me and congratulated me as well. 

Andre and Randy went to interview her as I was packing up my gear. When I heard her call my name.

"Rochelle, come here."  She said.

I walked up to her as she held a different trophy in her hands.

"Rochelle, I can't  say how great it is to see you on the lanes again. You fought thru some trying times and I for one am so proud of you. If I were to have lost today you would be the person I would want to lose to. So with that being said, I want to present you with the Norm Johnson trophy. "

"I  have no words."

" That's a first." I hear being shouted by both Matt and Jayson at the same time.

Everyone laughs and I just shook my head.

"Thank you to the WIBC, ABC and The WPBA for honoring me with this gorgeous trophy. I am so humbled to be a part of this organization. And I am so glad to be back."

"There you have it ladies and gentlemen. Welcome back Rochelle."

I made my way back to where everyone was at after I packed up my stuff. Travis and I talked for a bit and he hugged me tightly. 

"Wow. You looked good out there Shell." Jayson said. "I missed watching you. Graceful and elegant." I blushed and smiled at him. I kissed his cheek and hugged him.

I pulled back and embraced Amber. "You did great out there, sweetie."

"Thanks." I told her and smiled.

I turned to face the guys and I saw a look in Tyler's eyes that didn't seem quite right. He seemed a bit off. He nodded his head at me and gave me a smile that seemed forced. I did not like this feeling and just rolled my eyes at him. The rest of his teammates that were there gave me congratulatory hugs and said how proud of me that they were. 

"Sissy, you did so good tonight. I am so proud of you." He said giving me a hug as his eyes teared up. I told him I loved him and he kissed my forehead. 

I grabbed my bags and we all started walking towards the exit talking about what we wanted to do tonight. I felt a tug on my bags. I looked back and saw Tyler with his hand on my bag. I stopped and looked at him. He just grabbed my bags from me and started walking. How can he be so ice cold to me and then turn on the steam.

We did decide to go out to dinner at a local diner down the street from the bowling alley. But Jayson, his wife, and daughter all had to head back home since she had work the next day. I gave them hugs. I kissed my goddaughter and gave her a cuddle. I looked at Jayson, the love we have for each other is still there but not like the love of a married couple. We were friends, the best of friends. And Amber is like a sister to me. I am so great full for the gift I could help them achieve.

I rode with Matt as he drove us following the guys. Matt looks at me and I knew he was about to say something.

"Sissy, I know Tyler likes you. He wouldn't have asked for your number that night if he didn't. All I am saying is that you need to tell him about your relationship with Jayson. Cause he didn't seem like he liked the fact of you two hugging the way you did."

"What Jayson and I have is not any of his concern. He doesn't need to know the extent of our relationship."

We met at the diner and enjoyed the rest of the evening. The talk was great and the conversation flowed freely. 

We all decided to head our own ways after dinner. Matt and I made our way back to our hotel rooms since we had to be at the airport to take us back home in the morning.  I took my shower and got ready for bed. As I plugged my phone in I received a text message.

**I am sorry I was an ass to you tonight.**

The message came from Tyler. I honestly didn't know what to think.

I texted him back not really sure what to say.

**Ok.**

**Can you forgive me?**

**Why were you like that?** I couldn't answer his question on forgiveness. I wanted to know why he acted the way he did. 

**Because I was jealous. You share a look for each other that I hope one day we will share.**

Well that got my question answered. I was at a lost for words I can't believe he said that.

**Oh. He's my best friend, Ty. **

**Well I hope that we can be that and more one day. That's if you want us to be?**

**I would like that.  But won't it be hard since we live in two different states and we both have two different professions. I mean we will be traveling and not necessarily in the same direction or places?**

**If we want this like I we do, there will be ways. Yes it will be hard but we can do this. Please give us a chance to find out. Don't close the chance off between us before it starts.**

**How will we see each other?**

**That a girl. We have phones, we can travel depending on our schedules,  phones, face time calls. We can make it work.**

**Ok.** That's the only word I could give him. Just two simple letters. Letting him know I was up for this challenge.

**Ok? Are you saying you're willing to try?**

**Yes Ty. I am willing to try this with you.**

**OK. Well on that note. I will let you go get some sleep. But before I do, what time does your plane leave?**

**We have to be at the airport at 10. Our flight is at noon.**

**Okay I will see you in the morning around 7. Good night baby girl. **

**Good night Tyler.**

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

865K 9.1K 82
Imagines with your favorite players (Mainly NHL, but I'm also open to do OHL, AHL, NWHL, etc.) Thank you so much for reading!
37K 1K 41
* please remember this is the rough draft of THE PACT and the updated version can be found on kindle and paperback on amazon that includes an epilogu...
191K 3K 68
[COMPLETED] Because of a stupid hook up with the Dallas Stars Forward Tyler Seguin. Keya Grayston's plans was compromised. She got pregnant. She was...
40.2K 2.1K 46
18+ only "The fewer people that know the truth the better. And if this all goes smoothly, you two will be able to get divorced before the hockey sea...