Is This Fate or Misfortune?

By Skyslovely

[Black Butler various x Reader] (Y/N) is one of the few rare humans who was gifted with magic powers in her w... More

Her Acquaintance, A Whole New World
Her Acquaintance, Waking Up To This!!
Her Acquaintance, The Phantomhive Household
Her Acquaintance, Out in town
His Butler, Able
His Butler, Strongest
His Butler, Omnipotent
His Butler, Capricious
His Butler, Chance Encounter
His Butler, At the Funeral
Her Acquaintance, A Picnic for Six
His Butler, Merrymaking
His Butler, Training
Her Acquaintance, Combat
His Butler, Phantom Image
Her Acquaintance, Masquerade
His Butler, On Ice
Her Acquaintance, The Invite
Her Acquaintance, Trancy Manor
Her Acquaintance, Captive
Her Acquaintance, Alois
Her Acquaintance, Right from Wrong
Her Acquaintance, Games
Her Acquaintance, Earl Trancy
His Butler, However You Please
His Butler, Forlorn
Her Acquaintance, Lessons
A/N
Her Acquaintance, Visit
Her Acquaintance, Puzzles and Spells
Her Acquaintance, The Knight
His Butler, Freeloader
His Butler, Supremacy Talented
His Butler, Competing
Her Acquaintance, The Choir
Her Acquaintance, I'm where!?
Her Acquaintance, Vacation
Her Acquaintance, A Run Into
Her Acquaintance, Beach
Ciel in Wonderland part 1
Ciel in Wonderland part 2
Her Acquaintance, Welcome to Weston
Her Acquaintance, New Faces
Her Acquaintance, Daily Life at Weston's
Her Acquaintance, Demon Butler
Her Acquaintance, Reaper's Quarters
Her Acquaintance, Clues Discovered
Her Acquaintance, The Past
Her Acquaintance, Pieces
Her Acquaintance, Of Coffins and Skulls
His Butler, Offering
His Butler, Transmitted
Her Acquaintance, Confusion
Is This Melodious or Diabolical?
Her Acquaintance Mini Shorts
Her Acquaintance, Uncertainty
Her Acquaintance, Rain
His Butler, Imprisoned
His Butler, Escaping
Her Acquaintance, History
Intermission: Timeline
Her Acquaintance, Prince
He Acquaintance, Reaper's Mission
Her Acquaintance, Tea
Her Acquaintance, Mischief
Her Acquaintance, A Demon's Heart
Her Acquaintance, Earl Phantomhive
Her Acquaintance, Appreciation
His Butler, Dissolution
His Butler, Up In Flames
His Butler, Fluent
Her Acquaintance, The End Part 1
Her Acquaintance, The End Part 2
Edward Ending
Prince Soma Ending
Alois Ending
Finny Ending
Sebastian Ending
Ciel Ending
Author Note

Grell Ending

1K 30 5
By Skyslovely

   "Are you sure about this?"

Those were the first words that Ciel had asked when you had told him the news, clearly uncertain with all that you had said. The earl sat behind his desk in his study room, a stack of papers placed in front of him, but they remained ignored as Ciel's full attention was placed on you instead. Currently only Ciel and you were in the study room. Sebastian was somewhere in the manor most likely tending to his own duties and the same could be said for the other servants.

"I had already made up my mind when they first asked me for help," you answered from where you stood in front of the large desk. It was easy to see the hesitant expression that was on the earl's face as he leaned forward in his seat to rest his elbows against the counter. "Besides it shouldn't be all that bad since I've helped them before."

"But that doesn't mean you won't be hurt this time," Ciel reasoned, trying his best to convince you not to go, however, you merely gave a shake of his head.

"Nothings going to happen to me Ciel. Don't worry, I'll be able to make sure that nothing happens besides I'm sure that Grell and the others would have my back," you reasoned, still seeing nothing wrong with you leaving.

The reapers had once again asked you to assist them with a few missions that they were planning on doing and having helped them before, you had quickly agreed. Lately, the reapers had been asking for your assistance on several missions and as you had been frequently traveling to their headquarters to assist them, they had allowed you to know the location of the Grim Reapers Headquarter.

Truthfully, you always looked forward to being able to help the reapers. It was a nice feeling being able to use your magic to assist the reapers with their cases especially as you hadn't used your magic as much as you usually did ever since you had come back.

Though being able to use your magic wasn't the only reason why you would take up their offer to assist them on missions. Having joined them on numerous cases, you would frequently be paired with Grell and working together with the red haired reaper was certainly the highlight of the missions.

Being able to rely on each other during cases was one of the things that you loved about being partners not to mention you had grown closer to the red haired reaper during the time. His humorous personality always brightened up the dreariness of situations and you've become quite comfortable with the tall reaper.

Ciel was quiet for a moment and it was clear that he was thinking about the situation, but soon he sighed and he glanced up to focus his full attention on you. "You've done this before and you're perfectly capable of defending yourself." He sighed once again before giving you a small smile. "I don't mind with you going. How long are you going to be gone for?

"William said that he wanted me to be there for a week. There's several cases that he wanted me to help on," you responded, causing Ciel to sigh deeply upon hearing. It was clear to see that he thought that a week was a lengthy time and it was only when you had said this that he grew more uncertain. However, he didn't say more to this as he had already agreed to let you go.

"Take care (Y/N). Be sure not to do anything risky," Ciel said and you gave him a reassuring smile.

"Be sure to tell Sebastian and the others that I left," you asked of the young earl and he nodded his head in answering. "I'll see you and the others once I come back."

With a wave to Ciel and a merry goodbye, you turned to leave the study room and made your way back into the hallway. You closed the door behind you as you stepped out into the hallway, the last sound that came from inside the study room was that of a sigh.

Huffing a little in amusement, you fully closed the door and took the time to glance around the corridor. The hallway was silent. None of the others could be seen in any of the hallways that you walked your way down. The servants and Sebastian was clearly somewhere in another location of the manor doing their duties for the day.

You were a bit sad that you wouldn't have the time to see them before you left since William had sent you a message saying that he wanted you at the Grim Reapers Headquarters the sooner the better.

With that in mind, you hurried to your room, having left your belongings there before you had gone to inform Ciel about the reapers. You had been sure to include a week's worth of clothes for your time at the Grim Reapers Headquarters. It wasn't long before you had reached the room and quickly, you entered, heading over to the bag that was placed directly on top of the bed.

"To think that I'll be gone for a week." You lightly laughed at this finding this to be a bit strange. Sure there were times where you would be away from the manor for days on end, but usually you would be accompanied by either Sebastian or Ciel. But you would be with the reapers so you wasn't worried as much.

You grabbed the bag and slung it across your shoulder. 'I'll see you guys when I get back,' you thought, referring to Sebastian and the servants and with a last look at the room you muttered. "Say day to night, I send myself with flight, to the reapers Headquarters." The moment that you had uttered this spell, a familiar cool sensation washed over your body and soon you had disappeared from the bedroom.

---------------------------------

Blinding white was the first thing that you saw. Stark white covered the walls, ceilings, and floors giving the area a monotone dreary look that never ceased to irritate your eyes no matter how many times you saw it. Rubbing at your eyes, they finally adjusted to the bright color and you lowered your hand, taking the time to look around the area.

The Grim Reapers Headquarters was as busy as ever. Reapers dressed in formal attire paraded through the stark white corridors some holding onto their death scythe clearly either going or coming from their cases. Several glanced over to where you stood, but seeing who it was, they looked away and continued carrying out their duties. Most of the reapers at the England branch had become used to having you at the headquarters especially as William had brought you in to help often. Although you had become acquainted with some of the reapers, you would normally work with William, Ronald, and Grell.

"Where are they?" You muttered underneath your breath as you looked around the common area that was filled with reapers. You knew that you stood out with the casual attire that you wore and it didn't help that you carried a large bag.

"(Y/N)."

At the sound of the voice, you turned around to find the familiar dark green hair of Othello standing in front of you. As always, the reaper wore his trademarked white lab coat and round glasses clearly having come from his office at the forensics division.

"Othello! Good to see you!" You happily greeted the green haired reaper with a smile, Othello returning the greeting before his eyes trailed to the bag that was slung over your shoulder.

"I heard that you'd be here for the week. Thanks for agreeing to the that. You know that we've been understaffed for a while so having your help for these cases is significantly helpful," Othello thankfully stated, a grateful smile on his face from where he stood in front of you. "I'm sure that you're waiting for William, but he was called by the superiors for a quick word. I'll take you to Ronald or Grell."

"Thanks, it's a bit uncomfortable standing here with all these reapers around me. Especially with carrying a bag such as this one."

Othello lightly chuckled at this and he patted your shoulder in reassurance. "I'm sure Grell is in the next common room. I'll bring you over to where it is. Grell should be able to help you find the room that you've been given while you're here."

Othello gestured for you to follow him and without a moment of hesitation, you followed after the reaper down the white corridors, passing by other reapers. He led you around the corner and as you walked down the corridor, you shifted the bag further onto your shoulder while taking the time to look around. Not much had changed since you had last been here though you did notice that there were a few new faces.

Othello brought you into the next common room which was significantly smaller than the one you had previously been in. Few reapers were in this common room as most were in the previous one. It didn't take long for your eyes to trail over to the red haired reaper that stood on the opposite side of the room, their back and long red hair facing you.

"Grell!" You happily exclaimed, catching the attention of the red hair reaper who glanced around, the surprised look on their face turning into one of delight.

"Oh if it isn't the lovely (Y/N)," Grell merrily humored, the reaper heading across the room to where you stood alongside Othello. "I've missed you terribly. Will's been working me to the death ever since you left last month. I've barely have time to myself now." Grell complained, a pout heavy on the reaper's face but a joyous smile soon replaced it once Grell had come to a stop at your side.

"It's so good to see you too Grell," you merrily greeted Grell, giving the taller reaper a large smile and the red haired reaper gave you one back in return. You were delighted to see the reaper again. Having gotten closer to the reaper, you always looked forward to being paired with Grell as the red haired reaper always managed to make anything humorous. Truthfully, over the past few months, you found yourself growing fond towards your partner.

"Well now that the two of you are reunited, I'll be taking my leave," Othello said, causing you to turn to the green haired reaper that stood at your side. It was surprising that he was leaving so suddenly especially as he had just brought you to Grell.

"Leaving so suddenly?"

"I have more work that I need to attend to," he answered with a sheepish chuckle and it was then that you realized that he looked tired beyond belief. "Don't worry. We'll be sure to run into each other again now that you'll be here for the week. Who know, maybe we'll even be working on a case together."

"It'd be nice if we could," you replied with an amused laugh and with a wave, you watched as the older reaper turned and left the common room. With him gone it was just Grell and you, and you turned to the red hair reaper who was waiting for you patiently.

Or would you really call it patiently. It was clear that Grell was ecstatic that you would be working at the Grim Reapers Dispatch for the week, it was definitely the longest that you had ever stayed at headquarters, but you shared his excitement. Although some of the cases might be difficult, you were looking forward to working with not only the others, but Grell once again.

"What to do first?" Grell rambled in an excited demeanor, the reaper's eyes darting everywhere as if seeming to come up with an idea on what to do.

Bemusedly, you held up the bag that you were holding, indicating that the first thing that was best was probably to drop them off.

"Did Will not show you to your room yet?"

You shook your head and laughed lightly. "I haven't even seen William yet. The moment I showed up, I was greet by Othello and he led me to you. I don't even know where I'm staying."

"Really. I wonder what the superiors had to talk to him about." You barely heard this last sentence as Grell had muttered these words, but the rambunctious expression appeared on the reaper's face once again. Grell gave you a large smile and gestured for you to follow. "If Will hasn't shown you it then I will! Don't worry! Will told me which room was yours before he went to talk to the superiors. Turns out you'll be next to me!"

"Really? That's actually nice to hear. It'd be nice to be roomed next to someone I know," you bemusedly said as you followed after the reaper.

Few reapers were wandering the hallways that Grell led you down and as you walked, you couldn't help but look around curiously not having been in this area of the Headquarters before. You were curious about how long William would be conversing with the superiors and you wondered if it was about the new case the four of you would be on. But you soon pushed the thought to the back of your mind simply glad to have leisure time with Grell for the moment.

"The living quarters were built further from the main part of Dispatch," Grell explained, continuing to lead you down the hall. "But it's such a long walk from here to there. And Will's always sending me out on missions that I never get a chance to sleep! A lady needs her beauty rest you know."

You laughed at this, the sound causing Grell to look back and bemusedly smile as the reaper continued to led you through the halls.

"I'll try to convince him to let you get more sleep Grell. Don't worry I can be very persuasive," you inputted with a playful laugh, earning a ecstatic cry from the reaper; a rosy hue settling over Grell's face clearly showing the awed gladness that the reaper felt.

"Aren't you the best!" Grell gushed out saying. "I can always count on you when I need to (Y/N)! That just happens to be one of the things that I love about you!"

You blushed upon hearing this and lightly looked to the side feeling sheepish upon hearing those words. "Thanks Grell. It's actually nice to hear you say that," you said scratching your cheek sheepishly.

"And here we are!" Grell came to a stop outside of the door, spinning around to fully face you and the reaper gestured to the door that was directly in front of the two of you. "Your new room for the week!"

"Thanks for bringing me here Grell." You thanked the reaper as you pushed open the door, glad to be here as you had grown tired from carrying the bag. The door opened to reveal a simple room, one that consisted of a simply bed and a drawer was pushed to the other side of the wall. Slowly you entered, taking the time to observe the room and you headed over to the bed to drop the bag onto it. "That feels nice," you said stretching in place and from the corners of your eyes, you noticed that Grell had stepped into the room.

"Don't forget my room's next door. If you ever want the company of one such as myself, you're free to come whenever," Grell mirthfully said. "I'll be delighted if you came over anytime!"

You laughed at this, happy and pleased that the reaper was openly welcoming with allowing you to visit him. Tiredly, you sat down on the bed, frowning a bit at the hard mattress, but you were glad that you could sit for once. It was late in the day by now and you had spent the entire day doing your chores at the Phantomhive Manor along with the others.

Looking over at Grell who lingered by the door, you patted the bed at your side inviting the reaper to come and sit next to you. A delighted expression, along with that of a large smile grew on Grell's face and the reaper quickly bounded over to sit next to you.

Basking in the presence of the taller individual, you leaned back to lay on the mattress, closing your eyes to rest for a moment. "I don't know what to expect on any of these cases that we'll be given, but I'm glad that I'll be working with you once again Grell." You opened your eyes, your sight focusing on Grell who leaned over you curiously. There was a unclear expression on the reaper's face, Grell clearly wondering what you were leading to.

But all you could do was give him a large smile, one that showed the merriment that you felt. "I'm sure people don't tell you this much, but I really appreciate you always having my back, whether in missions or just daily matters."

A rosy, bashful hue had grown on the reaper's face as Grell continued to stare down at you with widened eyes. "Why are you the one whose thanking me? I should be thanking and apologizing."

"Why would you need to do that?" You inquisitively asked, sitting up and turning so that you were fully facing Grell.

"Apologizing for what I did to Angelina. And thanking you for truly accepting me for who I am. For showing that there are people who genuinely appreciate and care for me. People who are worthy of the affections that I have for them."

No words came from you at that. You could only stare up at Grell stunned at the kind natured words that the reaper had said, but a sincere smile grew on your face.

"I'm sure Angelina forgives you for what you did, just like I did all those months ago. I'm sure wherever she is she's watching all of us right now," you told him only to pause for a moment before continuing. "I really do care about you Grell. To me, you're much more than a partner or even just a friend."

Grell had been silent as he listened to you, but the smile on the reaper's face grew. "You truly are an angel!" Grell proclaimed, making you lightly laugh in response.

"I wouldn't exactly call myself that," you sheepishly laughed before falling back to lean onto the bed and you closed your eyes once again.

Your were oblivious to the way that Grell was watching you and the words that the reapers said afterword.

"You truly were what I was looking for."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.8K 409 14
**this is a bxb book, if you dont like it, dont read it, i simply cant write about girls*** {unedited} Sebastian is fully aware of his desires for hi...
123K 2.8K 28
(y/n) was a girl from the 21st century. She has conflicts with her school and the people around her. One night she is given a blue pendant accompanie...
113K 3.6K 28
This is my first time writing this sort of thing so sorry if it's bad. (Y/N)= your name (L/N)= last name (F/c)= favourite colour (H/l)= hair lengt...
20.6K 488 24
~ ! 𝘿𝙄𝙎𝘾𝙊𝙉𝙏𝙄𝙉𝙐𝙀𝘿 ! ~ 𝘞𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘱𝘦𝘯𝘴 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘊𝘪𝘦𝘭 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘚𝘦𝘣𝘢𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘢𝘯 𝘸𝘰𝘳𝘬𝘦𝘥 𝘰𝘯 𝘢 𝘤𝘢𝘴𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘪𝘯𝘷𝘰�...