Fallen From Grace | BOOK 1 ✔️

Autorstwa -S-N-O-

For years, Pierce dedicated himself to the battlefield, hoping to bring an end to the ongoing war. Despite lo... Więcej

Prologue: Befallen
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Two Continued...
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Epilogue: Penance
Chapter: Ending Extra
*Bonus I*
*Bonus II*
*Bonus III*
Author's Note

Chapter Sixteen

10.6K 515 41
Autorstwa -S-N-O-

Cassius' P.O.V

"Have Jason dispatch Graveyard and Cement to the outskirts of Liyatith. Keep them posted there until the we confirm the Westerners suspicious activity. Also, tell the squads to not get caught even if their life depends on it. We want the Westerners to believe we have this farce blind trust in them." Grimm nods.

Instead of leaving like he always does, he studies my face and continues to walk around me like a mother goose and me being its gosling. I've been able to keep myself in check for the last couple of days. Soon the Easterners will be gone and I won't have anything to do with him any longer.

Unlike most other weres, I cannot crawl into my bed and sulk. I am a King before all else. Just because I have some internal issues does not mean I cannot function externally. Grimm, on the other hand, thinks otherwise.

"I'm fine."

"Your face was like a swollen balloon when I found you in your room the other night. You're not fine."

"I am. He wants to be a complete ass about it then I will let him. I am not going to sulk and become some heartbroken were because he wouldn't let me explain myself properly!" I shout out angered causing his eyebrow to raise and a wry smile to appear on his face.

"Go on."

"He said he didn't care what I meant to him! He said I disgusted him! Disgusted him Grimm! That did more than just hurt my feelings." I grumble as I snap the pin I was writing with in half.

"You are mates. . .yet you are engaged to a woman, nonetheless, a Westerner. He has right of it." I turn my head slowly like a poltergeist and look at him like he lost his mind. "Do not side with him!"

"You hurt his feelings as well. You do realize that, do you not?" I suck in my bottom lip and begin chewing at it before sighing out loud. Somehow the pen ends up being thrown in random places of the room. "Yes. Yes, I do realize that and I was trying to apologize, but he wouldn't let me!"

"Would you let you?" I blink at his question and gradually let it sink in before shaking my head. ". . .I would be more than livid if the tables were reversed. . .I suppose. . .he does need his time." But it's time we don't have.

"And if you didn't realize. . .he never once said he hated you. Through all his anger he never once mentioned it. He'll want to talk soon just not now." He gives a strong pat on my shoulder causing my eyes to fall.

"I understand not telling him who I was in the beginning was terrible considering me knowing his status. But I couldn't do that. I had so much to lose if I did. . .As soon as I was getting up the courage to tell him his father falls into my presence telling me not to be with his son!" I bite down on my lip trying my best not to become upset. "I have to honor my father by mate's wishes. It's in our grand code of conduct."

Grimm eyes me with a knowing look before he sighs. "What was I supposed to do Grimm?" My voice already is beginning to sound broken as that same painful feelings emerges from my heart. I wish I can just rip it out than to feel like this.

"Though he didn't say it I know he hates me and it hurts so much. He said he would be more than willing to give up all rights to me. He said that Grimm. He doesn't want me." My voice holds so much sadness it even surprises me. Since when did I begin to care so much for him to become like this?

"You are a King before all else. As I said before, it doesn't matter who you woe as long as if you are safe. Even though you are biased more towards Pierce, you still have other options. Though, I hope it does not come down to that, we must plan for the worst."

"I am a King. You are correct. Yet, I am still a were just like anyone else. I have emotions Grimm. I hate showing them but I do. I cannot even take a moment out of my life to sulk over a matter as large as this, unlike everyone else. Don't expect me to be strong. I feel absolutely terrible and I feel like I am going to shatter into a million pieces. My heart aches so much. . ." He purses his lips as I try my best to get myself together.

"As I expected you're emotionally compromised. Don't worry, couples fight all the time. It's completely normal." I shrug him off as he begins to laugh. This is more than just a simple argument he and I both know that. He's trying to make me feel better.

"Thank you Grimm. . ." I say softly ignoring the stare he is giving me. "Really. But I just want to be left alone right now." I get up soon after and start heading outside the door leaving Grimm there inside.

It's been a long time since I felt like this. No amount of mental preparedness could have prepared me for this. I knew he was going to be angry, but not angry enough to say the things he said to me that night. I thought we had something that went deeper than territorial ties and titles. I thought I meant more to him than that.

I keep my head up and nod to my fellow advisors and people of high birth. With a harrowing step I continue down the narrow hallway. I was hoping to be at the canopy soon. That has always been my special space whenever I felt down or had the desire to be alone. It used to be my older brother's and I little secret. . .

Addelin comes down the opposite side of the hallway with a wrinkled smile on his lips. Even his eyes smile. "Cassius, well isn't it a surprise to see you outside of the infirmary?" He says with a soft chuckle. I nod and put my head down slightly.

"Forgive me for not calling on you this week. I was busy with the Easterners and Cecilia." I want to hurry away from him before he inquires about Pierce and I. I can't take it if he tries to give me a fatherly talk like Grimm just did.

"I'm not in the happiest of moods right now, so if you would excuse me." He nods full of understanding and starts to continue his journey down the hallway until I hear his voice again.

"Pierce so nice to see you!" My head instantly pops up as I see Addelin turned around in my direction giving him a side hug. My hands clench into fists trying to stop them from shaking or showing any signs of nervousness. He's the one that said the things he said. He's the one who said he wanted nothing more to with me so why am I feeling the way I do?

I see him give Addelin a courtesy bow before he notices my presence. It was quick and minute but I notice his gaze on me before he peeled his eyes away from me. "Good to see you in good health."

"Well now, I am guessing you are here to see Cassius so I will be on my way." My eyes drop to the floor before I take a deep breath and continue walking passed him. It's not like he wasn't going to do the same thing. As of right now, I don't want to be anywhere near him.

Once I pass Addelin he goes and grabs my arm making me wish I can just tug my arm away from him. I can't. Not him. Out of everyone, he is the one I respect the most. "Cassius where are you off to in such a rush when your mate is here? He won't be here for long so spend as much time with him as possible. Don't take him for granted."

I keep my head lowered the entire time not trying to see what kind of gaze Pierce has on me. Addelin can be so dense sometimes. "I understand that very well Addelin, however I'm. . .I'm busy."

The scoff that comes from Pierce causes my head to pop up and look at him. By the look in his eyes I see some specks of amusement and. . .some other emotion I can't quite put a name on. Overall, he is still angry with me. I can tell.

"Busy?"

"Addelin, it's quite all right. The King is busy which I just so happen to be as well. It was nice seeing you again." He gives another courtesy bow to Addelin before brushing pass me in the other direction without another word. I bite down on my lip hard until I puncture it instantly catching Addelin's attention.

"Cassius what is-"

"He's angry with me. Just let it be Addelin." He tightens his grip on my arm before I can continue to the canopy. I put my eyes to the back of my head and let out a tired sigh. Here it comes.

"Let it be? He is your mate, my dear boy. You cannot just let his anger swell. Speak with him properly."

". . .How. . .? He hates me Addelin." His eyes widen then narrow. Soon he begins to shake his head. "Don't let it end here."

"I have to." I say in nothing but a whisper. I notice his light blue eyes begin to sadden. He continues to shake his head with tufts of grey and white hair going this way and that. I ignore it. Of course he wouldn't understand my intentions.

"Don't. Don't do this. You'll regret it."

I close my eyes and take my arm back trying my best to collect myself before I fall a part right in front of him. "I know." I don't want to be the thing that ruins him.

Yet, I know I'll regret it to the day I die if I just let this be.

I can't. . .possibly give him up because of his father's wishes. I give Addelin a nod before heading off in a completely different direction. I decide to go into the reading room where I left Grimm and find him in there with a "Welcome Back" expression on his face.

"I knew you would come to your senses, My Lord."

My eyes roll to the farthest corner of my eyes before stopping at a crumbled little parchment at the edge of my chair. I pick it up and notice how fine the writing style is just by the STE written on it. . .the other parts of it is torn off. It must have once been a letter of endearment. Why rip something like this up?

A smile comes across my face as I think about what I should do for the Lunar Consortment Festival. I almost forgot all about it because of my mood all week. As if seeing my smile said enough, Grimm gives me a nudge before I follow him out of the reading room.

"So you have a plan?"

"I do." I say while trying my best to suppress an oncoming smile. Pierce isn't one to seek anyone out. He's a Beta and a very stubborn Beta at that. I get that he is upset about me being engaged and me also being the King of this territory. I understand that completely, but we're mates. He cannot stay mad at me forever.

My smile only grows wider. It's about time. . .I court him as openly as possible. I want him to know my interest lies only with him.

And I'll start with a simple letter.

After walking for a couple minutes we see Stevens who instantly bows. "Your Highness." I nod as he rises and gives me a small smile. He's been in better moods more and more since the Easterners arrived which I find odd. Him of all people despises them with a passion.

"Stevens. You look as if you've been kissed by the sun. You're practically glowing. Did something good happen and you haven't told me?" A small blush covers his face as he laughs nervously after I give him a knowing look. He's not one to sleep around with just anyone. So I wonder. . .

"I will see you at the meeting, my lord." Grimm gives me a courtesy bow before heading in the opposite direction leaving just Stevens and I together. I turn my attention to him which makes him turn his head away from me. He lets out a fake cough causing me to smile. "I don't mind that you found someone to show your affections towards other than me. I'm quite happy actually." I pat his shoulder with a grin. "Just. . .just be careful. Though my mate is an Easterner, it does not mean all the Easterners would act the same."

"Ah yes, let Pierce be the poster child of a good Easterner." He says practically dripping sarcasm. "If I do recall I overheard your, how can I say. . .very romantic conversati-" I don't even let him finish. "What I did was wrong. He had right of it. If he didn't get upset I would have been concerned."

"Yet you were in your quarters nearly bawling your eyes out for more than the majority of the day." My lips tighten together as a dull look covers his once glowing features. "I said if he ever hurt you I would kill him."

"He didn't hurt me. . .just my feelings. I was so sure I didn't have any of those left until that day." I say while scoffing. "I hurt his as well. There's no bad blood between us just misunderstandings and hurt feelings."

"As you say My Lord. . ."

"How did the background check on Cecilia go?"

"Nothing out of the ordinary. Her twin brother, Cecil is one of the guards left here by Alpha Camuilla however." I nod my head already knowing this information. She was more than elated that I would not ask for what mates of engagement are supposed to ask for. . .it's highly important. She's a strange one. . . No. It's a little more than that. Something's off. . .

"Stevens."

"Your Highness."

"Would you mind becoming a courier for me? I have a letter that must be delivered in upmost secrecy."

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

3.2M 121K 49
*** COMPLETED *** Sixteen year old Daniel Layman has been bullied since he came out. His best friend and protector Sean, moved to Los Angeles leaving...
1.2M 51.7K 80
This story is complete ✅ Alec is a twenty-five year old gentle boy with the looks of an angel. He has not figured out what he needs in love yet and h...
484K 21.7K 22
THIS IS A MANXMAN STORY. GET AWAY QUICKLY IF YOU DON'T LIKE. THIS STORY CONTAINS MATURE LANGUAGE ***×******** This is the quirky story about how John...
25.1K 1K 7
( ♂ ♡ ♂ ) "I don't care who you are! You can't force anyone just to love you! And with your attitude? Give me a break, who would wan't that?" ( ♂ ♡...