Hate That I Love You Still (S...

Door scoutbrothel

Spencer Reid and Y/N were past-time lovers in high school. But as graduation came about, their relationship w... Meer

1. before, part 1
2. before, part 2
4. wheels up
5. bottoms up
6. inner turmoil
7. girls night
8. moving day
9. boxed memories
10. watch your back
11. finally
12. home...maybe?
13. surprise!
14. making amends
15. haven't seen u in a while
16. forgiveness
17. leave us alone
18. teamwork
19. remember me forever
20. recovery
21. us, always
NOT A NEW CHAPTER

3. after

6.5K 119 465
Door scoutbrothel

a/n:

chapter photo from weheartit.com

disclaimer: the timeline would put reid at around season 2 looks, but I imagine him more as season 9 reid in this story!

tw: talk of sexual assault from case

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

7 years later

"Y/N! Are you up yet?" Your roommate Samantha yells from the other room. When you don't respond, she barges into your room and opens your curtains.

"Samantha!" You groan as you cover your face with a pillow. "Just a few more minutes please..."

Samantha and you were roommates your first year of university. Since then, you two have been inseparable best friends and have done everything together. She took you to your first college party, which you definitely don't remember at all, to moving into your own shared apartment. She is truly your best friend, and she knows everything about you. She spent the first few months of your friendship listening and consoling you about your rocky relationship with Spencer. Her kind and useful words helped you move on and begin to see other people.

Since Spencer, you have slept with about two other people. First, it was Steven at a party your freshmen year of college, but that was a one and done type of deal. The second person is actually your current boyfriend, Tom. Tom and you have been dating for almost a year now. You met Tom in your Human Behaviors class, and since then, you think sometimes how he isn't Spencer. But in the 7 years apart from him, you've learned you will never see him again and have to move on. It's bullshit, you think, that you had your greatest love at 18 and it was completely flushed down the drain. Now, at 25, you've come to terms that it was never meant to be and that maybe in some twisted way you've romanticized your relationship with Spencer since he was your first love.

"Y/N, you have your interview with the BAU today. You need to get up." Samantha says.

"That's right! Oh my god, I am so nervous..." You scramble out of bed, suddenly a bundle of nerves at the reminder of your interview with your dream job.

"You are going to kill it, Y/N. Don't sweat it. You are amazing at what you do. They'd be stupid not to hire you." Samantha consoles.

"Thank you." You say genuinely. Samantha pulls you into a hug.

You spend the next half an hour getting ready and preparing everything you need. You have on a professional outfit and minimal makeup. Lastly, you pack your bag and grab your keys to head out.

"Good luck! You got this. If not, the ice cream and wine are on me." Samantha giggles.

You finally head out of your apartment and down to the parking lot.

You continue to repeat "I got this" all the way from your car and to the BAU. "Fuck, I don't think I've been this nervous in my life." You say as you pull into the parking lot. You look up to the building and sigh loudly to try and soothe your nerves.

You finally muster up the courage to turn off your car and head up into the BAU.

As you walk in, you are greeted with a ton of people bustling around and dispersing in all different directions. You head up to the desk.

"Hi, I don't uh, have a badge. But I'm heading up the BAU to interview with Agent Aaron Hotchner?"

"Full first and last name." The desk attendant says without looking up to see you.

"Uh, Y/N Y/L/N"

"O-kay. Go straight to the elevators and head to floor 6. It'll take ya straight to the BAU." She hands you a visitor badge.

You thank her and start on your way. Also, you quickly clip the badge on your shirt. As you approach the elevators, you see them closing and yell, "Hold it please!" You see a hand stick out to stop it and let you in.

"Thank you." You say.

"What floor?" They ask.

"Uhh, 6th. BAU."

"Oh. I'm going to the 7th."

"Hmm." You say, and ignore them the rest of the way up.

As the elevator stops and slowly opens the door, you thank the person again for stopping the elevator for you. You step out and take in your surroundings. Not as many people as before are walking around, but you see plenty of people sitting at desks ahead of you. You finally begin to walk towards the doors.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"Oh my god! Is there a new girl?" Penelope squeals.

"There's no way, we have a full team! Why would Hotch hire another?" Emily responds.

"Well, there's definitely someone he's interviewing. Look." JJ points. They all turn to you, and see you nervously walk in.

"Oh, she's nervous." Morgan taunts.

"Stop it!" Emily defends. "I was nervous too when I first came in. I'm sure we all were. I'm going to go talk to her."

"Damn, too bad pretty boy is late. She strikes me as his type." Morgan says to everyone.

"You don't know that." JJ responds.

"I'm telling you, they will hit it off whenever Reid shows up. I trust my gut." Morgan gloats.

"I second my chocolate thunder. She seems like Reid's type." Garcia agrees with Derek.

Emily finally walks up to you. "Hey, are you here to see Hotch?"

"Oh my god. Thank you. I was just about to walk up to you guys and ask."

"No problem." She laughs. "I'm Emily by the way. Emily Prentiss." She smiles and sticks out her hand.

"Y/N. Y/N Y/L/N." You smile. "And, uh, I don't shake hands." You say awkwardly. You hate to think about it, but it is something you picked up from Spencer. He convinced you when you were dating that it is very unsanitary.

"Huh." She just says. "Well, Hotch's office is just up there. Don't be intimidated, he's much more sweet than he appears." She finally says.

"Thank you, Emily." You gratefully say. You begin to walk towards Hotch's office, and hear her talking to you again.

"Oh, and Y/N?"

You turn around to look at her.

"Good luck." She smiles.

You mouth thank you, and head to Hotch's office.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"Well, well, well. Look what the cat dragged in." Rossi taunts as he walks out of his office.

"I'm sorry." Spencer rambles. "I don't know what happened, my car broke down and I don't understand it because the probability of my car breaking down since the last time it was fixed is-"

"Woah, woah, calm down kid. I was just joking..." Rossi interrupts.

Spencer speed walks to his desk and sits down. He settles in his desk and everyone is staring at him.

"What?" he says, out of breath.

"There's a possible new girl. I think she'd be perfect for ya." Emily laughs.

Others whisper and laugh, and all look at Reid's reaction.

"Yeah, right." He says, annoyed. "You all are just saying that because all of you, I mean most, of you are dating and I am not." He huffs.

"Well, for starters she didn't shake my hand." Emily says. "Personally, I think it's meant to be now."

"She didn't?" Garcia gasps. "Okay, I'm planning the wedding now."

Spencer rolls his eyes.

"What, the doctor doesn't want some action?" Morgan asks with a wide smile.

"Do we have a case?" Spencer asks shortly.

"Oh, feisty. No, not yet at least." Morgan says back.

"Okay."

"O-kay." Morgan replies. He mouths "wow" to the rest of the team behind Reid's back.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"Are you sure you are up for this job? It comes with a lot of gory stuff, stuff you can't forget. There is also a danger that comes with it." Hotch explains.

"I'm sure. I've had my heart set on this job for as long as I can remember. I'm more than up for it."

You see him crack a smile just a bit. "Well, you have outstanding achievements, I do not see anything in your file that suggests I shouldn't hire you." He says.

"But?" You inquire.

"There is no but. You're hired." Hotch says.

You can barely contain your excitement. "Thank you so much, sir. I won't let you down." He nods back.

"Let's introduce you to the team."

You hear footsteps approaching the door. "I hate to be the buzzkill, but we have a case now." Garcia bursts in. "Is she in?"

Hotch nods.

"Oh my god. Yay! I'm so excited for all the girls nights we are going to have- I can see them already, oh and we can-"

"Garcia."

"Sorry sir. Follow me...?"

"Y/N."

"Y/N! Let's introduce you to the team!"

You follow Garcia out and into the roundtable room where everyone is sitting.

"Everyone, this is Y/N, she's new to the team."

"Y/N, this is SSA Derek Morgan, JJ Jareau, Emily Prentiss, David Rossi, you've already met Hotch, and-"

"Spencer." You say.

"Right! That's Dr. Spencer Reid. Wait, how'd you know that?" She asks.

It feels like your whole world is crashing down. Like everything you've built in the past 7 years is broken and gone.

"I feel sick. Where's the bathroom?" You ask desperately.

"It's uh, right over there-" She begins.

"Thanks." You say as you run to the bathroom. As you open the door, you immediately run to the toilet and clutch it as you empty your stomach of the breakfast you had earlier. You continue to throw up, even when you hear the bathroom door open.

"Are you okay?" You hear a unison of girls ask at the same time. You wipe your mouth with the back of your hand and stand up with wobbly legs. You almost fall, but you feel someone catch you before you fall.

"Thanks." You whisper. With some aid, you walk over to the sink and splash your face lightly with water to try and bring you back to reality.

"Holy shit." You say to yourself.

"How do you know Reid?" JJ asks.

"I um." You have to stop, as a sudden wave of nausea takes over again. But this time you collect yourself enough to respond.

"We dated. Like, 7 years ago. We, uh. Didn't end on the best terms..." You explain. "It doesn't matter now though. I have a boyfriend now. His name is Tom." You look up to the mirror, seemingly trying to convince yourself more than the others.

"Most people don't have a regurgitative reaction to seeing their ex, especially after 7 years." Emily says.

"I, uh. Can we talk about this later? We have a case, don't we?"

You see their sympathetic smiles and you can tell from their body language they have a ton of questions, but for now they must be left unanswered.

"Sure. We can go back."

You nod curtly, and the three of you head back to the roundtable.

"You okay?" Hotch asks.

"Yes, sir, I-I'm sorry for causing a scene. Especially since it's my first day. I apologize."

You look over to Spencer slightly, who looks like he's seen a ghost.

"Alright, well. I will need to talk to you privately soon. For now, let's review this case." He says.

The tension and awkwardness is almost palpable in the room. Everyone is on edge and you can clearly tell everyone has so many questions. But, everyone ignores the obvious and directs their attention to the case.

"Two females found sexually assaulted and murdered outside Durant, Oklahoma within three days..." Garcia begins. "After seeing these pictures, I think I'm going to have to watch cat videos for two days straight."

"Well clearly the unsub is a sexual sadist. Assaults them, murders them, and then dumps their bodies within 3 days." Rossi says.

"Are there any connections to the victims?" You speak up.

Garcia grins a little, and responds, "Not yet, but I am still looking."

"Based on this timeline I have a feeling there's going to be another victim soon. Wheels up in 30." Hotch says.

Everyone gets up and begins to file out of the room. You are just about to exit when you hear, "Y/L/N. Reid. Stay behind for a second."

You tense up, and turn around to speak to Hotch, trying to avoid Spencer completely.

"Is there an explanation for what happened earlier?" Hotch sternly says.

You both sit in silence, not wanting to answer.

"Is there any reason you will not be able to perform this job?" He speaks up again, this time catching your attention.

"No, sir! It won't happen again, I promise. I can do this job." You say, standing straighter.

"Reid?"

"I-I can do it."

Hotch looks between you two. Spencer is looking ahead, and you have your head hanging low.

"Don't let this happen again." Hotch finally says, and leaves.

Not wanting to be in the room alone with Spencer, you quickly turn on your heels to leave. But Spencer grabs you by the hand and pulls you back.

"Y/N, I-"

"Don't touch me." You bark, trying to hold tears back. He lets go of your wrist slightly.

"About that night-" He begins.

"No." You interrupt. "We aren't doing this here. I am at work. So are you. So keep it professional." You turn on your heel and leave him standing in the roundtable room alone, just like the last time you saw him.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

a/n:

finally! the reunion! I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter. I'm definitely trying to push out as many chapters as possible right now. I'm excited to continue writing this. I hope you guys love it as much as I do.

much love.

--baubrothel

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

81.4K 1.9K 19
Y/N has always dreamed of going to Paris and her team at the BAU wanted to help make that dream a reality. The group is more like family than coworke...
47.5K 923 34
The reader, the new member of the BAU becomes friends quickly with her new team. A friend from their past enters the readers life again, but what wil...
298K 4.8K 22
Ever since Y/N joined the bau, Reid has found a way to make her life a living hell. He doesn't understand her nor wants to, not until he overhears a...
14.8K 228 9
{COMPLETED} Y/N is the BAU's receptionist and has been engaged to Agent Grant Anderson for what seems like forever. Spencer and Y/N become the best o...