Protecting Raine✔

By GraceForever33

She was only trying to get through her last year of school with her two best friends. But, he came back... N... More

Before We Begin!
One- "Oh Shoots"
Two- "Freak!"
Three- "Asswipe"
Four- "I Should Hit Him"
Five- "You'll Burn With Me"
Six-"This guy was...ugh!"
Seven-"How Do You Feel?"
Eight-"All Of This Is Your Damn Fault!"
Nine-" Try Me"
Ten- "I Don't Even Want To Go!"
Eleven-"Sexy?"
Twelve -"Walking Contradiction"
Thirteen-"You're Strong"
Fourteen-"We Are Not Dating"
Sixteen-"Sleep Here"
Seventeen- "Twilight Fantasy"
Eighteen-"Black Panther (R.I.P)"
Nineteen- "You're A Princess Right?"
Twenty- "And The Party Goes On"
Twenty One- "I Remain Silent"
Twenty Two- "Little Red Dress"
Twenty Three- "Not Only You Have Secrets"
Twenty Four- "Eff The Code"
Twenty Five- "Have Fun"
Twenty Six-"I Followed Her"
Twenty Seven- "I Can't Freakin Do This"
Twenty Eight- "Guillianos"
Twenty Nine- "Gone"
Thirty-"I'm Sorry"
Thirty One - "Another Chance"
Thirty Two - "Remember The Clouds?"
Epilogue- "Protecting Raine"
A Sequel?

Fifteen-"I Should Run"

751 23 1
By GraceForever33

In the two weeks that passed by we smoothly transition into late fall. The leaves were orange and the wind was just a bit cooler than summer.

It was two weeks before Halloween and I can feel the excitement of Madi bursting from the seams.

The two weeks also ended the time of Oscar's and Lucas's suspension. It was weird seeing them back in the halls.

Obviously, the tension between them hasn't changed, but they haven't struck out at one another yet, so that's cool. Oscar kept himself busy in the disgusting arms of Sally, while Lucas looked as if he had a lot on his mind.

Explosion.

I shook my head and widen my eyes as if to focus on what my teacher was saying.

"I can feel my skin peeling back" Levi whispered over to me and I looked at him questioningly. He gestured behind him and I glance to see Lucas's eyes burning into us.

I just rolled my eyes, "Don't mind him, he has a problem" I whispered back into his ear, making him chuckle a bit.

Besides him looking haunted at times, he also took the spare time to bother me.

Ever since he came back to school he has been trying to get a rise out of me. I can say that it was because of the park incident, but this was also Lucas' intentions long before it.

He just likes bullying me.

"Are you guys both done from your post-sex moon" a voice came boringly from behind us. It was so loud. I felt myself start to heat up as the whole class erupted into laughter.

Embarrassed much.

Levi's jaw ticked, seemingly he wasn't a fan of Lucas' smart remark either.

"I have a feeling we're not going to get along at all" Levi whispered over to me. When he notice me not replying he looked over to me, probably seeing me hunched in on myself.

"Oh no, c'mon mami. Don't let him get to you. Straighten out yourself and show him who's boss" he rubbed my back.

I sucked in the strength he was sharing with me, because obviously the one I had taken from my mom was only valid for Oscar's and my situation. Levi has become such a great friend lately.

I straighten up and lean forward on my desk away from Lucas' eyes, putting my best act forward. I wasn't a great mask wearer, but in times when I need to be, my masked came in with the clutch. It was steel and it didn't break for anyone.

"That's right. Now let's have fun" Levi smiled, removing his hand and looking back to our teacher with the smirk still plastered on his face.

I studied him, noticing how carefree he looked. He was like a fresh breath of air all the while the class that we sat in was still filled with hot tension. As the teacher go on with her lesson, he would periodically turn to me and share a little joke to keep the smile on my face.

~~~

School was still dragging along and the fact that today I had two classes with Lucas was freaking draining me!

I practically lost part of my brain in my earlier class and then this class was trying to claim the other side that I have. It also wasn't helping that Lucas was in this class and had decided to bully the guy who sat behind me for his seat.

He kept throwing things at my chair and then balled up paper at my desk. I fought every urge in me to turn around and screamed at him.

Our teacher wasn't the strict kind. He was one that always give us some form of sheet to work on and then played with his phone afterward.

#Goals

Today, we're dealing with something on the paper that I promise you I did not remember even learning.

What was this?

In my peripheral, I saw my classmate who sat next to me moved, and then I saw a red shirt and black jeans sitting in her seat now.

I knew who was wearing those clothes and I was certainly not in the mood with that person's attitude right now.

"I'm sorry about earlier today" he leaned over to me and whispered. Too bad my ignoring him game was still in motion. His apologies to me right now didn't mean anything anymore. I learned that it was something that he never stay true to.

An apology is not just the word, but the actions that come after.

"Raine" he whispered, but I kept scribbling on my paper. I didn't want to go through the whole -whatever it was that we do- again.

The push and pull.

The tug of war.

I wasn't strong enough to have my heart played with. Nor my mind.

I heard him growl before suddenly he let out a loud groan. I jumped, looking over to him as he held his stomach. He groaned louder and it got the attention of our teacher.

Lucas threw his arm around my neck and said, "Mr., can Raine please take me to the nurse I don't really feel good? I don't think I can-" then he lurched as if he was going to puke. I stagger to my feet in panic, scared that he was actually feeling bad.

"Yes, yes. I hope you feel better" our teacher said as Lucas led me out of the room, all the while his arm rested on my shoulders.

We staggered down the hallway, all that time I had my eyes worriedly glancing at Lucas.

"Are you okay? Did you eat something? What are you allergic to" I asked worriedly, holding him up as he walked. He didn't look sick in class, but then he can be having a problem with his appendix.

An incident like that happened before where a girl appendix erupted in class. It was so scary.

Suddenly, I was yanked into a closet and then lips were on mines.

I remember these lips.

I know these lips because not another second later I was kissing him back.

I couldn't help it. I loved how he tasted.

He pulled away, resting his forehead on mines "I'm okay and I ate from IHop and I am allergic to cinnamon" he answered my questions before gently pecking me on the lips.

I closed my eyes.

This was the version of Lucas I can get used to, but too bad this side of him was only done in short clips. It lasts only for a moment, before it's gone and it took forever to see it again.

It was an eclipse.

"Did you do all of that just to get my attention?" I asked with my eyes still closed.

"Yeah, because you wouldn't answer me. I said that I was sorry" he stepped away from me. The coldness of his presence being gone made me open my eyes.

"Yeah, because you're sorry doesn't last long. How long before you do something that could hurt me again? Should I get used to a list of apologies from you?" I asked, Lucas's jaw ticked. He ran his hand through his hair.

"Raine, I am not perfect" he defended.

"I know.No one is, but some people are kind" I argued. He rolled his eyes, leaning away from me and putting his feet on the wall behind him.

"What like Levi?" he spat my way.

I folded my arms, "Yes, just like him. He's kind. He doesn't bully me."

"That's not who I am. I'm Lucas Macaughlin. I'm not some fairytale guy, neither is Levi" he snapped.

"I know that, but that's not the only guy that gets the girl. It's the kind ones. You're aren't any of them and I am not going to go through that with you. If you like me then you're going to be nice about it because the teasing is not working!"

"Like you?" the words rolled off his mouth in a mocking way.

I don't know why I said that. Stupid Madi getting into my head. I told her he didn't.

I shook my head, "I said what I said, Lucas. I am not going through this with you. If you're looking for a punching bag then go ahead look somewhere else" I opened the door, storming back to the classroom.

In embarrassment (yet, a-freakin-gain) and anger.

I was almost near the classroom when I was roughly pulled back and I span around to see Lucas looking at me with such an intensity in his eyes.

"Did you do it?" the words came flying from the locked up space in my mind out of my mouth in no time.

I promise that I wasn't going to say anything about it. That I shouldn't delve any further in his business, but I was literally dying to know.

I had to know.

Lucas' eyes hardened even more, his jaw clenching and his hand letting me go.

He didn't answer me.

"So, you did. Why?" I pressed, but he looked away. I shook my head and turned around, continuing my walk to the classroom.

"Raine!" he shouted, but I didn't look back. I was tired of the game he was playing. I didn't want to be apart of it anymore.

My teacher along with the whole classroom looked over at me with raised brows as I entered, causing me to suddenly stop in my stampede.

"Is Lucas alright?" he asked. I can see the hopes in his eyes that the devil himself was feeling better and the bated breath the classroom was holding.

See, Lucas was friends with Sally and Sally was the principal's daughter. She was spoiled and a brat and that made Lucas and his friends get away with pretty much everything in this school.

I opened my mouth to answer, but then I thought of something else, "Yeah, he's okay. He just has a case of diarrhea. He ended up pooping all over himself, but he should be fine. Apparently, this is the norm for him" I shrugged walking to my seat, trying my hardest to keep the evil smirk I wanted to do off my face.

I wasn't one to do something like that, ever, but it felt so good.

~~~

After the Lucas encounter, I pretty much avoided him after that.

He tried to reach out to me sometimes, but my will to ignore him was stronger than his.

I had decided that I didn't want him to confirm if he was the one behind the explosion in the park, even though I feel like I had already received the answer.

Lucas said that he wasn't cruel, but I was finding that so hard to believe him now. Plus, I didn't understand why I was taking my free time to even think about him.

It's like I couldn't keep my mind of him at some points through the day and it seriously irritated me.

I think I have a problem.

My problem was that I may like Lucas.

Fug my life.

I don't even know why I even liked him. I may just be intrigued with him. I think that's what it was. I was intrigued by him and because I was curious by nature, I wanted to know more about him.

Yeah, that was my story and I was sticking to it.

It was Saturday now, and to pretty much avoid myself from prying open my window to see said person that my mind should not be on. I did my chores.

In doing that, I simultaneously text Madi and attempting to make dinner for Jus and me because this was the weekend mom was on a business trip.

In doing that, let's just say the latter of it all failed when I got so caught up in texting Madi that I let the mac and cheese burn. But, for the record, I have no doubt, that the macaroni would have been delicious if it wasn't burned to a crisp.

Jus took one look at the creation, pulled out his phone, and dialed Pizza Hut number mumbling our usual order down the phone as he walked away.

"At least I tried!"

"I really wish you didn't!" he shouted back.

I bit my lip deciding to clean the pot, but when I noticed it wasn't really going to look the same as before, I threw it away.

Tapping my fingers along the counter, I needed something else to do. I looked over our house, noticing that I already did everything so I retired to my room to go over my homework.

I normally do it on Friday, but I was extremely bored right now.

Moments passed by and I slammed my maths book on the table.

"Ughh," I groaned.

I looked over to my window. It was late afternoon, now. He probably isn't home anyway.

Pressure made me opened my curtains and my view directly into Lucas' room was restored. He wasn't there, but I can see the protruding end of his bed and some clothes lying on them.

I sat back down to my desk, pulling out my sketch pad deciding to doodle something in the main time.

I was in the middle of adding details to the stairways I had drawn when I caught action in my peripheral. I glanced up seeing Lucas' light on, but I quickly look back down.

The last thing I wanted was to be called a stalker again.

I continued through my assignment, but my wondering eyes flickered up again to see Lucas' profile now. I couldn't help it.

He was holding his shoulder and when his hand moved from it, I saw ...

Is that blood?

I rushed over to my window to get a closer look and yes indeed, his hand was covered in blood and if I looked closer at the shoulder he was holding I can see the color of his shirt was a bit darker than the rest there.

I opened my window on impulse, waving frantically at him "Hey!" I screamed and his head snapped over to me. When he noticed that I was looking directly at him he snapped his curtain shut.

I blinked and looked around, seeing my phone I took it into my hands and message him through IG. I cursed when I realized that I didn't have his number.

Me: What was that? why was your shoulder bleeding?

I fired off more concerned questions and he didn't answer those either. I span around to look at his window again, my fingers immediately going to my mouth.

He looked really hurt, like really hurt. My mind race to so many different possible solutions on what can possibly be going on and I debated if I should interfere.

Of course, I would. Lucas didn't look anywhere next to fine right now. I had to check on him.

I put my shoes on and then marched downstairs. It wasn't until I reached the Macaughlin's door that I realized that I have never been over here.

Nervousness gripped my fingers as they trembled to press the doorbell.

I was starting to overthink. My mind screaming at me to go back home! This wasn't anything that concern you. This was Mac, a gang member's home you were going to intrude on! You can be killed.

But, then I was hearing screams to help Lucas! That I owe him that.

The memories of him helping me before had me pressing on the doorbell and knocking on the door.

The moment I pulled back, I remembered the scene of when I saw that boy's body bloody and being beaten by Mac himself. That may be, I shouldn't have run here without help.

I heard shuffling behind the door at the same time I begin to step back out of fear.

I should run!

Go!

The second the door begin to open, I screamed. But, it was not because of the door being open, but because I was yanked roughly back and a hand was clasped around my mouth.

(To Be Continued)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7K 162 21
"I don't think we will survive this!"I said,exasperated. "I don't believe it neither!"He said bitting his lower lips."But I have a plan that involves...
8.7M 228K 65
WARNING! This story was my first (unedited/draft). Grammer, plot, etc is messy so please beware! thank you :))) - He couldn't get enough of the emera...
245K 9.5K 29
Aleena is the daughter for one of the most dominant and respected MC's but after her father died a few years back and her mother remarried the VP who...
20K 1.4K 106
⚠️ Warning!!⚠️ ⚠️ Contains mature content such as smut, violence, language and drug use⚠️ Completed ^^^^^^^^^^^^^* " Bad things happen to everyone a...