I'm With You - Tommy Shelby

By Nellie01247

When Thomas Shelby returns from war, he doesn't expect the nurse who stitched him up to be in his hometown. H... More

DISCLAIMER
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
THE END

Chapter 19

11.3K 274 40
By Nellie01247

"I've been being sick left right and centre! I knew I shouldn't have let you cook for me!" I grumble, rinsing my mouth out.

"You asked me to, it's not my fault," Tommy scoffs.

"It is your fault! You can't cook by yourself!"

"Well maybe if you helped instead of staring at the wall you wouldn't be ill," he retorts, making me huff.

"I'm going into the New Year sick because of you Tom," I huff, letting him have a hug.

"I'm sorry, I'll have Polly make you chicken soup to make you feel better," he mumbles, stroking my hair. "Why aren't you sick?" I ask.

"Cause I rarely get sick, the last time I was sick was when I had a small cold seven years ago," he smugly says.

"Cocky bastard," I giggle, letting him go and walking downstairs.

"You're meant to go to bed after you've been sick," he says, following me down. "I need to see Star and give her our joint present from Charlie and Curly," I say, picking up the new reigns.

"I'll have Finn take you and bring you back, I've got business to handle," he sighs. "Well you best get him quick, I don't feel like waiting," I chime.

"Don't leave without him, people are drunk," he says, kissing my cheek then exiting my house.

I sigh and put my coat and boots on, holding the reigns in my hands as I wait for Finn to come in.

I walk into the kitchen and put away the dry plates and cutlery, growing bored of waiting. I get up and open the door, stepping outside to see Finn casually strolling down.

I sigh and start walking to the stables, knowing he will follow. "Hey! Tommy said your sick," Finn says, trying to stop me.

"I only threw up, I feel fine now," I shrug, "now come on, you can watch me ride Star."

"Polly isn't going to be pleased, she's getting the stuff to make your soup," Finn reminds me. "I think you forget that the entire Shelby's have a soft spot for me," I giggle.

"Your a Shelby now as well," he huffs. "Not officially, I'm engaged, not married," I smugly say. "Yeah but you attend family meetings, and you spent Christmas with us, and to my nieces and nephews you're their Aunt Evie," he replies.

"Charlie he's annoying me!" I whine, making the man perk up and stare at Finn.

"I'm not! I'm just telling her she's a Shelby now and Polly will be mad at her even if she has a soft spot for the woman!" Finn justifies.

"Why's Polly gonna be mad?" Charlie asks. "Cause Evie's been sick and she's not meant to be outside the house."

"I threw up and I feel fine. I'm a nurse myself so I should know if I should be out or not," I grumble, just wanting to see Star.

"Remember what would your dad do when you were sick?" Charlie asks.

"I am not being on bed rest!"

"I'm not saying you are, but if you feel fine then carry on as you are and if you don't, bed rest," Charlie says, patting my head.

"Can I see Star now?" I give him my best smile. "Yeah go on," he says, making me squeal and rush to the field I know she's in.

"Hi girl!" I say, gaining her attention and a whinny.

I climb over the fence and walk over to the beauty, smiling when she meets me halfway. "I've got some new reigns for Christmas from Charlie and Curly," I say as she nudges the hand they're held in.

I click my tongue as I begin walking to the stables, urging her to follow me. I grab her tack, apart from her old reigns, and get Finn to help so he's not just stood there.

"You wanna come up?" I ask, now on top of Star. He nods and gets up, sitting behind me. "You have to wrap your arms around me otherwise you'll fall off," I say, nudging Star into a walk to the gate where Charlie hold it open.

"Thank you, we won't be long," I say, smiling.

"Where are we going?" Finn asks, holding on. "Wherever she wants, so most likely to the apple tree up there," I say, pointing to it.

"You been eating much?" Finn asks. "Are you calling me fat?" I scoff. "No! Your belly has just got a tiny bit bigger," he tries to get out of it.

"You're calling me fat, off my horse! I'm walking myself home!" I say, halting Star. "What? I didn't mean to! You're not fat!" He doesn't move.

"Off Star now, go tell Tommy what you've done!" I say, annoyed. "I'm sorry," he sighs, getting off Star.

"Don't comment on m weight again, I think Polly will be angry at you now," I smile, nudging Star into a trot.

***

"What's wrong?" Polly asks as I walk into my kitchen. "I threw up this morning then Finn called me fat, I'm having a bad day," I sigh, sitting down.

She stares at me for a solid minute. "Up," she says, getting me to stand in front of her. "Polly!" I shriek when she grabs my breasts.

"When was the last time you and Tommy slept together?" She asks.

"When he proposed, Christmas Eve," I say, confused.

"Show me your stomach," she says.

"Why?"

"Just do it," she says.

I sigh let her see my stomach.

"Well your glowing just like myself, Ada and Esme did when we were expecting," she smiles.

"What?" I ask, pulling my skirt up over my stomach.

"Your pregnant," she smugly says, hugging me.

"I'm pregnant?"

"Morning sickness, your skins glowing, Finn said you gained weight but it's your baby bump," she says.

"It wouldn't show this early though!"

"Let me read your leaves, then I'll find out how far along you are," she says, making me a cup of tea as I sit back down.

"We've only slept together twice though, why is it showing this early? Are you sure I'm not gaining weight? I mean I have been eating a lot."

"Cravings," she chimes, placing a cup of tea in front of me.

I sigh and sip the tea, nervous. "I think I've just gotten a bit fat, even if there is a baby growing."

"There's nothing wrong with a bit of fat either way," she says, sitting down in front of me.

"If I am pregnant I want to get married before the baby comes," I sigh, finishing my tea.

"Tommy will make sure the wedding is perfect, don't you worry," she smiles, taking the cup and carefully reading the leaves.

"Your two weeks along," she smiles.

"So I am pregnant?"

"You are, congratulations!"

"I need to tell Jane!" I squeal.

"What about Tommy?" She laughs, getting up and hugging me.

"I'll tell him tonight on New Year's Day!" I excitedly say.

"I'll walk you to Jane's," she laughs, taking my arm.

***

"I'm pregnant," I tell Jane.

"I knew it! Congratulations! Our babies can be best friends!" She gushes, hugging me.

"How do I tell Tommy?" I ask.

"Do it after your New Year's kiss, that will give him the shock of his life!" She laughs.

"Should I?" I giggle.

"Yes! But I want to be there!"

"You're celebrating the end of this year with us! As well as Harry, just be at the Garrison."

"I'm so excited! We need to dress up extra nice!" Jane says, pulling me up and taking me upstairs.

"You can wear this dress," she says, giving me a Ruby red dress with breezy sleeves. "Now what should I wear?" She asks.

"That pink dress you adore!" I say, picking it out of her side of the wardrobe.

***

"Am I forgiven yet?" Finn asks. "Yep, but there is a reason I've gained weight and you will all find out in an hours time," I smile, seeing Tommy walk in.

"Hello love," I say as he comes over and pecks me on the cheek. "Hello sweetheart," he replies, sitting next to me.

"Lemonade?" He asks, noticing my drink. "I'm sick remember?" I snicker.

"I'm forgiven," Finn tells him. "You do anything like that to her again and I'll cut you," Tommy calmly says.

"Tommy!" I scold, laughing.

"Evie! Come dance with me!" Arthur cheerily says, taking my hands. "Not too much spinning, she'll be sick," Tommy says, sipping a whiskey.

I laugh as he waltz me around the room, neither of us stepping on each other's feet. "You look nice, new dress?" He asks. "It's Jane's I had to tell her something then we got ready together," I smile.

"I've a secret to tell you," he whispers into my ear. "I've met a woman."

"So have I Arthur, I see them everyday," I giggle.

"No, like I like her and I'm pretty sure she likes me," he smugly says. "Ask her out, what could go wrong?" I chirp. "She is heavily religious and well... y'know I'm not."

"If she's the right woman for you she'll put your differences aside," I smile.

"A couple minutes till New Years, go to Tom," he says, going behind the bar.

"You seem very happy," Tommy says, pulling me towards him so I'm stood between his legs. "That's cause I have good news to tell you in a while," I giggle.

"Why can't I know now?" He asks, a smile showing in his eyes. "Cause I said so, but you'll like it. At least I hope you will. I'll be really upset if you don't."

"Twenty seconds till New Year!" Arthur yells over everybody and I watch as people make their way over to certain people or grab ahold of their hyper children.

"It better be a good year, this one was very stressful," I sigh. "It was good for business though, plus we got engaged," Tommy replies. "Plus? That should've been the first thing," I giggle.

"Arthur's pocket watch is wrong! And there's... fuck we missed it! Happy New Years!" John yells, making me laugh.

"Happy New Years," Tommy mumbles, kissing me. I happily kiss him back, holding one of his hands as the other caresses his cheek.

Once we pull apart I make eye contact with Jane as nerves bubble up, wanting a bit of reassurance. I sigh when I get a nod and a smile, turning my attention back to him.

"I'm pregnant," I whisper, the room not too loud.

"What?"

"I'm fucking pregnant Tommy," I giggle.

He smiles, wrapping his arms around me and standing up, spinning us around. "She's fucking pregnant!" Tommy yells, gaining cheers.

"I'm gonna be an uncle!" Finn yells, making me laugh.

"I knew before you," Jane smugly tells Tommy. "She knew before me?" He snickers, holding me close. "I didn't know how to tell you," I giggle, kissing his cheek.

"I was the first to know," Polly chimes. "Polly was the one to tell me I was pregnant!" I tell Jane who looks appalled.

"Will I be an Uncle?" Curly asks, smiling. "Of course! You can teach the baby how to ride a horse with Tom!" I happily say.

"I hope it's a boy," Tommy says. "I think it will be a girl," I smile. "Want to bet?" He smugly says.

"I am not betting on the gender of our baby Thomas!"

"Our baby," he smiles, pecking my lips.

"Our babies will be best friends!" Jane squeals. "We can go shopping for them together!" I chirp.

"Congratulations!" Ada says, rushing over with Karl in her arms.

"Thank you!" I smile, giving her a side hug as Tommy isn't letting go of me. "Hello Karl," I laugh as he stares at me with his head rested on his mother's shoulder - half asleep.

"Esme when are you due? All our kids can be best friends cause their similar ages," Jane says, excited. "A month and a little bit," she smiles.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

145K 3.8K 31
As kids, they'd been convinced they'd hate each other forever. But when Bryce's life began to fall apart at the seams, Tommy was always trying to pie...
171K 2.6K 44
At the age of 19, finn shelby is the baby of the family. But not for long. As a face from the past comes back to haunt him and brings with her a litt...
373K 6K 31
This story is about the youngest member of the Shelby family, Vive. Together with her brothers she grows up under the smoke of Small Heath. Surrounde...
823K 22.1K 53
In which Thomas Shelby draws up an alliance between his family and that of his rival, not knowing that it's to have far more complications than he th...