Fix me // Thomas Sangster

By newtcute

Natalie is a social outcast. She has no friends and no one notices her. Until one day a boy comes and moves... More

A/N
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13

1

20.4K 333 1K
By newtcute

Natalie's POV

"Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep!" My alarm clock went spaz and the beeping noise echoed around my room. I sleepily hit the white alarm clock and rolled over onto my stomach. I smooshed my face into my pillow and drifted back to sleep, until my mum's voice killed my humble slumber.

"NATALIE YOUR GOING TO BE LATE FOR SCHOOL! HURRY UP!" She yelled from down stairs.

"OK!" I yelled back to her and shot out of bed. I walked to my wardrobe and pulled out a black leather crop top, a black cardigan and black skinny jeans. My wardrobe is full of dark and black clothing.

I describe myself as a grunge hipster/punk chick. I wear black everyday and if it's not black it's other dark colours. I was always the weird loner goth girl, I have no friends. Jeez I don't even need friends, I've got books and music.

I slipped on a black pair of heels and put a black hat on my head to hide my bed hair; not that I care but my long brown mop like hair is extremely horrible in the mornings. I applied some makeup and a light red coloured lipstick. I didn't put dark eyeshadow on because that would be over bored and I'm honestly not an emo. I just applied liquid eyeliner and mascara and I was done.

It's funny how my school doesn't care about what you wear or look like at all. Once I wore neon orange lipstick and a neon orange shirt and neon blue leggings; I was into a neon kind of stage back then and only wore neon clothes. But they didn't care.

I grabbed my black leather bag and slung it over my shoulder, I stuffed my phone, keys, purse, earphones, my Eleanor and park book and book of poems into my bag. I quickly slipped on my black cat eyed sunnies and walked down stairs.

The heavenly aroma of bacon filled my nostrils. I followed the sent and sat down at the dinner table. I grabbed a piece of crispy bacon and ate it all. Then I got up and poured myself some water.

"Your going to be late Nat! Quick!" My dad chuckled as he picked up his briefcase. "Do you want me to drive you?" He asked.

"Might as well." I nodded and followed my dad outside to his car. I opened the car door and slipped in. The new car smell and leather smell instantly surrounded my nose.

I buckled myself up and my dad did the same.

"New car?" I asked and looked at him.

"Yep." He smiled and started the engine.

My dad has this thing with buying new cars. He likes to buy the latest model and show it off quite a lot to people. My family is rich, my parents own 2 cars each and we live in a giant mansion. Being the only child is ok... I guess. I get my own room, bathroom, study room and music and book room; where I store all of my books and music albums.

My dad reversed out of the wide stone driveway and drove me to school. I stared out the window blankly and then shoved my earphones into my ears. The Smiths began playing and filled up my ears with their heavenly music.

I don't really talk to my parents. My dad is always busy and at work - this is the only time I see him, on Tuesdays in the morning - and my mum is usually getting her hair done or shopping for the latest beauty product or clothing item. I don't really mind it, because I at least get my space and it's kinda nice to have privacy.

My dad pulled up at my school and I got out of the car. He didn't say anything, he just drove away. I turned my phone up as loud it could go so I could block out all of the deadly and deranged insults that would be thrown my way from the people who bully me. The music was bursting loudly into my ears and my earphones were buzzing and vibrating.

I walked up the stairs to the entrance of hell. Each step was closer and closer to the devil and henchmen (Hanna and her posse) them selves. I got stares and faces pulled at me when I walked through the doors. I kept my head held up and stood my ground. I walked to my locker and unlocked it. I opened the door and took out my text books and notebooks for my first class; English. I shut my locker door and locked it. Hanna walked past me and I read her lips:

"Ugly, fat cow." Is what she said. She always has hated me. Her friends followed behind her laughing. I just rolled my eyes and shrugged.

The school bell rang and I walked to my class. People were already swarming and making their way into the classroom. I waited for all the pushing teenagers to enter the classroom before I did. I stood there clutching my books tightly, watching them make there way into the room. I took out my earphones and shoved my phone and earphones into my bag.

"Umm excuse me." A strong voice called from behind me and tapped me gently on my shoulder. I spun around on my heels and faced a tall dirty blonde haired guy.

"What?" I huffed. I've never seen him before, but he sure is attractive.

"Umm is this Mrs Law's English class?" He asked and looked down at his sheet of paper.

Now I could be nice and say "yes, it is would you like to sit with me?" Or I could be a bish and say "no, that class in down the hall to the left". But instead I answered with a nod to bothered to waste my time on him.

"Thank you, I'm Thomas by the way." He smiled and walked into the classroom. I sighed and walked to my original seat in the middle row by the window.

Thomas's POV

I walked into the classroom and sat at a desk up at the back. A big, grouchy lady with short caramel hair walked into the class room and started to write things up on the white board.

I couldn't stop thinking about that girl. I couldn't stop looking at her either. She sat there in the middle row close to the window. All she did was stare and look out of it. She only wore black; black skinny jeans, a black crop top, a see through black cardigan, black heels, black sunnies that she put in her bag and a black hat that she took off. Her beautiful brown eyes caught the lights glow and made them look even prettier. Her brown chocolate hair swayed from the breeze and she sat there in her own little world, not caring or giving any interest in the teacher or her work.

I snapped out of my fantasying about her and thoughts from Mrs Law.

"Students this is Thomas, Thomas Sangster and he is new. Please make him feel welcome and could we please have someone to show him around school. Natalie could you please show Thomas around?" Mrs Law spoke in her unwelcoming and hard voice. She pointed to me and then looked over at the girl from this morning. She instantly turned around in her chair, furrowed her brows and frowned.

"Argh, miss I can't. I have art rotations today." The girl shook her head. So her name was Natalie. It suits her.

"Well, you will have to take Thomas along with you." Mrs Law said strictly.

"But-" Natalie spoke.

"No buts miss Green, now get to work." Mrs law stared hard at her and she nodded slowly. Natalie turned around and smacked her head on her desk before looking out the window again.
I think it would be fun to do art rotations and get to know her more.

Natalie's POV

Before I knew it the bell went and I was already packing up my books. I slung my backpack over my shoulders and was about to step out the door until Mrs Law stopped me.

"Natalie, remember you are taking Thomas with you to art and be nice." She evilly grinned and I sighed. Thomas came up behind me and tapped my shoulder.

"So where do we go?" He asked. I shook my head and walked out the door.

"Natalie wait up!" Thomas called and I just ignored him. "Where are we going?" He ran and caught up to me.

"What?!" I snapped at him and turned to him.

"Are we going to art?" He asked sounding almost like a whisper.

"Yes, we are. Actually no we're going to Disney land and we are gonna ride on our magical unicorns and kiss each other on the moon!" I sighed and continued walking to the art rooms.

"I'm sorry I just... Never mind, so what do you do in art rotations?" He asked nervously keeping up with the same pace as me.

"What do you think we do?! Play tea party and the play inside football?!" I replied in a hard stern voice.

"Sorry, I just... Don't worry." He replied almost scared.

We got to the end of corridor and I turned left into the art room. The smell of paints, pencil shavings and moulding clay travelled throughout my nostrils. I love those kinds of smells early in the morning. I walked towards my art station and picked up where I first left off.

"Hey Nattie!" Liam yelled from behind his canvas.

"Hey Nat." Mr Atkinson said.

"Hi." I replied.

"Who's this fella?" Mr Atkinson asked.

"That's Thomas, also you can go now." I sighed and faced Thomas.

"Argh, ok." He replied sheepishly and stood there for a few seconds before walking out the door.

Thomas's POV

I walked out of the classroom quickly and hurried to my locker. I pulled out my text books for my next class and looked on my time stable: Art Rotations - Mr Atkinson great now I have to go back there.

"Brinnnggggggggggggggggggggggg!" The school bell went off for the second period for class and I made my way back to the arts room. I kept asking myself questions and things.

Why does Natalie hate me? I haven't done anything to her, have I? I want to be friends with her! Actually I want to be more then friends with her! But she hates me.

I walked into the classroom and Natalie was sitting there painting.

"Ah, Thomas you've just worked out that your in my class." Mr Atkinson walked passed me and sat at his desk.

"Argh, yeah." I shrugged and he nodded while smiling.

"Nat, help Thomas and explain what we are doing." Mr Atkinson said.

"Why can't Robbie or Liam do it?!" Natalie called out.

"Because they are seniors and are not in my class anymore. It's only you, and a couple of those other kids." He sighed.

"Fineeeeee." She retorted and Mr Atkinson smirked.

"Go on." Mr Atkinson gestured for me to go to Natalie.

I walked towards her and stood there watching her stroke her canvas. All of the shades of black, white and greys piled up onto the canvas and smeared around. It was beautiful really.

"We are creating an art piece of something we love. You can draw, paint or sculpt the thing you love. You can use anything you want." Natalie sighed and dabbed her paint brush into a pot of black.

"And it's due in 3 weeks time." One of the kids called out.

"Actually, no it's due in 4 weeks because for a week I'm away so you get extended time. Also elaborate with your ideas with everyone else so you get an idea." Mr Atkinson spoke up.

"Oh ok." I nodded and walked over to a work area. I put my backpack down and took out my notebook. I began to scribble things down. But now and then I would take long glances and watch Natalie concentrate hard at her work.

Natalie's POV

I couldn't concentrate for the whole lesson because I had an annoying, attractive idiot watching me.

Finally the bell went and I jumped from my seat, gathered my belongings and ran out the door. It was lunch time and I didn't feel like eating so I walked to my locker and put my books away. I walked to the library and sat at one of the desks. I pulled out my phone and plugged my earphones into it. I turned on The Beatles and put my earphones into my ears.

I took out my small leather notebook and began doodling into it as usual. I normally sit here listening to music while drawing at lunch breaks because it's quiet in here and I have no friends and no one likes me so I might as well spend all my time in here. Well at least Hanna can't say or do anything to me if I'm here.

Thomas's POV

The bell went for lunch so I walked out of art and into the library. I always sat in the library and ate in there at my old school because in the cafeteria it was way too noisy and people were always so annoying. I walked past the cafeteria and it was 10 x worse then my old school. I stepped into the air conditioned silent library and instantly spotted Natalie.

I slowly walked towards her and reached her table. I laid my backpack down beside her and sat down in the seat next to her. She didn't even notice me or my presence. She just sat there drawing and listening to music. She was writing little poems and I saw little doodles of random things, like she just scribbled down what ever was on her mind. Like her feelings and how she probably felt or feels.

"Hey." I said.

No response.

"Natalie?"

No response.

I slightly tapped her but she didn't flinch. I pulled out one of her earphones and she snapped her head towards me and quickly slammed her notebook shut.

"What the hell!" Natalie yelled at me.

"Sorry, I said hi but you didn't answer." I chuckled.

"It's not bloody funny! You nearly gave me a heart attack!" She yelled and snatched her earphone back.

"I'm sorry." I sighed.

"Don't do that again or I will do karate on you!" She warned.

"Ok, I won't." I chuckled. "Anyway, what are you listening to?" I asked and took the earphone back. I shoved it into my ear and The Beatles started playing. "The Beatles? Really?" I asked.

"What?! Do you have a problem? Huh?" She retorted.

"No it's just, I didn't think you would be... Never mind." I sighed.

"No, tell me." She looked at me with those brown big eyes that I could just melt away in.

"I thought you would be into punk, because of the clothes you wear..." I shook my head.

"Just because I dress like this doesn't mean I have to be into punk and rock!" Natalie scrunched up her noes and took the earphone out of my ear. She gathered her belongings and stood up. "I hope you have the crappiest day possible." She smiled evilly and stormed off.

Idiot! Why did you have to say that! Now she hates me more!

Natalie's POV

Argh, I've had enough with that Thomas kid. He drives me insane, why can't he just leave me alone?!

_

The bell went for home time and I packed up all of my things. I walked out of school and down to the bus stop. I pulled out my phone and plugged in my earphones. I put my earphones in and pressed play. Lana Del Rey started playing and poured throughout my ears.

I stood there with my arms crossed over my chest waiting for my bus.

The bus finally arrived and I quickly got on and moved to my regular seat that was at the back of the bus. I slid in and put my forehead to the cool glass window.

_

The drive back home was longer than usual. I turned the volume of my music louder so it would block out all of the kids screaming and yelling. I hate the bus. I hate it. I really do. The bus stopped at my huge rendered house and I got off the bus and made my way towards it. I opened the door and stepped in, the polished marble and disinfectant suffocated my nose and the sight of Wendy; our 28 year old maid, singing and dancing while mopping.

I closed the door behind me and Wendy turned around.

"Oh, hello Nat." She smiled happily.

"Hey Wendy." I half smiled back and walked up stairs.

"How was school?" She called as I walked up the stairs.

"School was the same. Except for this annoying kid." I sighed.

"Oh really, girl or boy?" She asked and raised her brows.

"Boy." I mumbled.

"Ooooo, looks like he's got a crush on you!" She teased.

"Wendy, shut up." I shook my head and put the finger at her.

"I'm just saying the truth!" She giggled. I rolled my eyes and entered my largely over decorated room.

I had posters of all different kinds of bands - The Beatles, The Smiths, The Neighbourhood, Pink Floyd etc... - all over my walls. I collapsed on my bed and laid there. Looking around my room, barley moving my head. I scanned my eyes along my white bookshelf, reading all of the names of my books that were jumbled around on it. I followed my eyes to my en-suite door then over to my white desk with Polaroid pictures hung above it.

I looked over at my window with my little reading couch below it. I took in all of the features on the walls like my posters, plants and photos. I have this weird obsession with plants. What I mean is, is that I have so many different types of plants in my room. Either sitting on my desk, window sill, hanging on my wall or just sitting on the floor. I have them nearly everywhere.

I got up from my bed and walked towards my record player. I put on The Rolling Stones and began listening to the music play. I walked over to my desk and started sketching random objects.

Thomas's POV

I walked home alone, because my sister was walking with her new friends. I kicked at the rocks that were lying on the concrete foot path. I clutched my hands tighter around my bag straps and walked at a fairly slow pace. I over heard Ava and her friends all laughing and talking about how this guy named jake likes my sister or something. I don't even know. I took out my phone and plugged my earphones into it. I put my earphones into my ears and put on Pink Floyd.

_

I finally got home and walked through the door.

"How was school?" My mum called from the kitchen.

"Fine." I sighed.

"Did you make any friends?" She asked.

"Yeah, tones!" I yelled back with as much sarcasm as I could.

"That's good dear." She replied and I just rolled my eyes.

"Mum! He didn't even make one." Ava called back. I rolled my eyes and walked up stairs. I walked into my bedroom and crashed onto my bed. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day.

____________________________________________________________

This chapter is pretty long.

I hope you like it so far.

QOTD: What is your favourite subject in school?

MA: ENGLISH!!!!!!!!!

Lol bye!

- Love me xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

30.7K 763 17
Victoria Sangster is a normal 17 year old girl with trust issues and the best friend in the world, Danny.The only problem?..She loves him. Completed✔
6.4K 234 30
He's the boy next door. She's the new girl. He's popular. She's not. He's annoying. She's ignoring him. He sneaks in her window, and she becomes conf...
750 4 23
I wrote this story 5 years ago on another story site ;) Let's see if it's still as popular as it was then :) Thomas Sangster: a famous actor, nice...
111 2 20
Cara is the nobody at school. Jonathan instantly becomes the most popular boy at school. Somehow, someway Jonathan notices Cara.