Bittersweet Silence |KTH Fanf...

By Suga__Fox

"A voice that uses no words A small town masked with the prejudice against silence If one were to listen, the... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
Pls Stop Me
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73

38

6.8K 587 171
By Suga__Fox

(Y/N's POV)

Alright.

I know my errand for the day.

Quickly throwing on your blush pink sweatshirt and plaid pants with your chunky Oxford shoes your feet clunk against the delicate wooden floors as you make your way downstairs, your eyes landing on the chef slowly putting away a new box of granola bars.

Ugh.

The blueberry ones.

"Goodmorning Miss Y/N, here is your granola bar. What would you like for dinner tonight?"

Pushing your lips down into a tiny pout you slowly grab the granola bar from the woman, your shoulders lightly shrugging towards the small chef.

"I don't know..."

"You know I cannot leave until you have eaten breakfast and dinner since you usually eat lunch at school. That is the stiff instructions from your parents."

Tch.

Sometimes that's agitating.

"I don't know...hamburgers and fries."

"Alright then, I'll have it prepared for you by 6 o'clock."

"Thanks..."

"It is my job Miss Y/N."

Yeah...I know....it isn't like you care about me eating.

My parents do.

Throwing the granola bar into your cross body square black leather purse and slipping on your sunglasses you quickly skip out onto the front porch and gaze over at Tae's house, your lips lightly parting when you see him and his mom outside.

Hmm...it's kind of cold today...why doesn't Tae have his coat on?

Peeking your head over to get a better look at the pair your heart lightly warms when you see the two of them bathed in smiles digging in the dirt, TaeHyung's mother tenderly dumping a handful of seeds into the ground.

What...even?

It's winter?

Wont those not grow when it's cold?

Trying to stay out of the way of the special moment you quietly step down the cracking wooden stairs, your foot snapping a board in half gaining a look from Taehyung's mother.

Shit.

Of course.

"Are you alright?"

"Eh? O-Oh yeah! No problem! Just old stairs!"

The second Taehyung follows his mother's gaze and catches onto your form he quickly stands up and brushes the dirt off his knees, his mud covered hands only adding to his dirty exterior.

How cute.

Stepping over to the grassy border between the two houses Taehyung gives you a wide grin and walks over, his muddy fingers fluidly writing down on his board.

"Hi Y/N! I'm planting strawberry seeds with Mama! Want to help?"

"Sorry Tae, I'm going to town today to run an errand. I have a granola bar for you though."

Handing both the board, marker, and granola bar over to the boy you watch Taehyung's entire face light up in a grin, his head bobbing to the side in a small happy dance.

"Blueberry is my favorite! Thank you so much Y/N! I'm going to share it with Mama!"

Blueberry is his favorite....

Giving the two a small wave before turning your body to follow the path that leads to town you look back one last time and watch Taehyung's mother tug off her gloves and break the granola bar in half, her thin lips stretching up into a light grin towards her son.

That's good.....

Those are really good for you....

It's nice...to see a mother spend that much time with her child...

I hate to admit it...

But I feel jealous....

................................................

With the sun shining against your lightly shivering body you walk down the concrete sidewalk of the small town and look around at the different stores, your eyes searching the signs and front doors of the businesses.

There has to be an art supplies store here.

Everything will probably be purple but it'll due until I can do some online shopping.

Making your way to the end of the sidewalk where you reach a tiny rickety old metal building set behind the rest of the businesses you tenderly push open the dusty glass door, your eyes peeking in around the tiny art shop.

"Hello?...is anybody there?..."

"Oh! Hello! Back here!"

Stepping inside of the shop and scrunching your nose from the thick smell of turpentine for oil paints you watch a middle aged man come around the corner with a paint covered smock on his body, his calloused fingers pressing his glasses up on his nose.

"Is...Is this an art store?"

"Yes yes! We have a vast array of art supplies from different manufacturers! What are you looking for specifically today?"

"Wait...are...are you an artist?"

"Ah, allow me to introduce myself! I'm Mr. Fin, I do some of the art pieces for the other businesses, and I teach a few classes here and there when I have the funding."

When he has the funding?

"Oh...Well...I-I'm Y/N by the way! I'm new here, I moved in the neighborhood up the big hill."

"The big hill....ah! Then you must know Taehyung!"

Eh?

"You...You know Tae?"

"Yes! He's quite the artsy little fellow. A couple times I have had the funding to do an hour long class, and he's the only student that ever showed up. I always alert his mother when I'm able to do a class and I plan it around her work schedule."

Oh...so Tae does get to do art...

"Do you know what kind of art he likes to do?"

"Well Everytime he comes into a class he always wants to paint. I would say he's heavily into acrylics and oil based paintings."

"Ah...okay...well uh...can I get like...all of your best supplies for that stuff?"

"The...The best?"

The man looks at you in complete shock as you reach in your purse and pull out your card, your lips twisting up into a light smile.

"I want like all your canvases, paints, everything that would be needed to paint well."

"May I ask...is this for Taehyung?"

"Yeah...he's a really great artist....plus I don't want to probe...but it seems like he struggles a little bit."

"That is true...unlike most of the more wealthy people of this town Taehyung and myself are the lowest income. His mother does her best...but living is very expensive in a place like this."

Narrowing your eyes at the man standing in front of you, you simply nod your head and gaze around at the supplies while heaving a tender sigh.

There's a hidden meaning to what he's saying, I just don't want to probe.

If Tae is comfortable with talking about it...then I'll listen, other than that I won't ask.

"Well...if you get all the supplies today...I should have enough funding to do about 5 classes! How exciting!"

Watching the man quickly begin buzzing through his store tenderly setting multiple paints and brushes into the basket, his entire face lit up in a bright grin.

"I uh...could I join in on it?"

"Oh? You're interested in the class?"

"Well...that...and I could bring Taehyung...I'm sure he would be really excited to have a class a week or something...I could...talk to his mom maybe?"

"Wow. You're brave wanting to talk to his mother. She keeps him on a tight protective leash. Don't be too displeased if she refuses."

"Ah...okay..."

Slowly watching the entire counter being taken up by the art supplies you tap your foot against the worn down concrete flooring, a slight sting of warmth blooming in your chest thinking about Taehyung.

Oh well...I know his mom will probably fight me...

But even if she says no the first time...

There's still four other attempts to make her trust me with Taehyung.

I'll get her to allow me to do it one day...I just have to stay consistent!

(A/N): Big UWUS

Also, Y/N's Outfit!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6K 456 11
Here is another little something that I started on Tumblr jsksksk Basically, I give you many choices, and you select what you want for a 1k words sto...
618K 23.9K 33
'hi my name is Kim t.. ' I saw him looking at me while he stopped talking, his eyes wide spread, then he quickly looked away 'Taehyung, and I will b...
213K 10.5K 30
(updated version published under my account- it is disc. though.) "Why are you always so quiet" "I c-c-cant s-speak or he-hear correctly." A story i...
336K 21.3K 47
A story about a deaf person, who falls in love with an idol.πŸ’œβ£ Main Ship. Jinkook.πŸ’˜ Fan cover by @koojinnie Started- May 19th 2020 Completed- Sept...