FATE || Levi x Reader

By toffy59

ON HOLD ------------------ Titans were the only thing people feared, so they had walls built so high that it... More

Introductions: Before The Story Starts
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
A Letter to My Readers

Chapter 61

4.8K 193 461
By toffy59

Drunken Nights

(Y/n) didn't know how long it had been, she just knew that winter was around the corner. Everything was very different now. The Survey Corps had to rebuild itself, however, morale was at an all-time high. Recovering Shinganshina had a positive impact on everyone. People were now moving back and under Historia's leadership, the economy was booming. Although, there was a silent agreement that things weren't going to stay the same and that a new threat looms over the horizon and (Y/n) knew this.

She took time out of her day to train with Miles no matter how either felt that morning. It was hard, it's really hard knowing that the fate of humanity was on your shoulders. Eren felt this way too, and she could tell. She sometimes would take time to hangout with Eren and check on him, see how he was dealing with his father's journals and his future. 

She had realized quickly that the bright boy she knew was gone. It was replaced by a sullen, brooding person. She once had flicked his forehead and told him to cheer up and he did the same thing to her. He told her she shouldn't criticize him for the same way she acts. Basically, he called her a sullen, brooding hypocrite. 

They both had gotten closer since they had shared trauma. Having the fate of the world on their shoulders was like having to hold up the sky. Today the sky was rather cloudy, it was clear that it would rain. (Y/n) looks up at the gray clouds when a fist slams into her right cheek, throwing her body backwards onto the harsh ground.

"Agh" she mutters as she feels the small rocks piercing her skin. She glares at Miles who was standing above her with a scowl on his face. His shoulder-long blonde hair was pulled into a ponytail.

"How many times do I have to tell you not to get distracted?" he questions her. She puffs her cheeks, her eyes noticing a bead of sweat dripping down his chin and onto his toned chest.

"Too many times" she replies and sits up from the rocks. He stretches out his tan hand and she gracefully takes it. He pulls her up to her feet, but before she knew it, he threw her over his shoulder, "Miles!"

He smirks to himself as he walks towards the river next to them. She couldn't see where he was taking her, but she could hear the sound of the river getting closer, "Miles! Don't you dare! Levi will kill you!"

"That munchkin is so short he can probably only slash at my kneecaps" Miles retorts, lifting her body up and throwing her into the river. A huge splash consumes her curses as the river swallows her body. Piercing cold water pricks her like a thousand needles. She stays under the water for a few seconds, letting her thoughts collect.

Her body floats up and she opens her eyes, the gray clouds glare down at her. She stares at them, her head empty. Miles raises an eyebrow at her before going into the river and floating next to her, to see what she was staring at. His eyebrows furrow, confused at why she was staring at the clouds, "Is something wrong?"

"No," she says, "I just like looking at clouds."

"I see," he says, "Then I'll look at them with you."

"Hmm" she hums and they both stare up at the clouds for a minute or so before Miles parts his lips to speak.

"It's almost going to be a year since we got to the sea...and almost two years since Caleb passed away..." Miles whispers the last part but she still had heard him. They had somehow been able to recover from Caleb's death, but it was still painful talking about it. It'll always be painful.

"Yeah...but he's probably watching over us...right?" she whispers.

Miles nods, "Just like Elma is."

"Well...I think Elma is watching under us" (Y/n) jokes, but Miles rolls his eyes, a small smile on his face.

"You're such an idiot" he teases her and she laughs, but water flows into her mouth. She stands up violently, coughing to relieve the pressure of the water that had sneaked into her mouth.

"Fuck!" she coughs out as she pounds her chest. Miles's laugh fills her ears as he also stands up from the water. The coughing stops once she's able to compose herself. She childishly sticks her tongue out at him and marches out of the river. Her sports bra was now soaked along with her black, knee lengthed shorts.

Miles also exists the river, his knee lengthed black shorts also soaked. Thunder roars on top of them, a sign that it was time for them to get back to headquarters. Miles grabs onto his shoes, socks, and shirt and (Y/n) does the same. They had been training on the rock-filled river ben without shoes.

"Let's go before you get struck by lightning" Miles points at her as he makes his way towards the dirt path of the forest.

"Don't you mean we?" she runs up to him.

"No, you" he teasingly smirks at her and she rolls her eyes, her lips forming the same devious smirk. His free, right arm slings around her neck, resting on her shoulders and he pulls her closer to him. She wraps her left arm around his exposed torso and they walk together towards headquarters.

"(Y/n), you're going to get sick" Mikasa frowns when she sees Miles and (Y/n) walk into headquarters. She quickly grabs onto a random blanket laying on a crate next to her and wraps it around her friend.

"What about me?" Miles asks with fake hurt, but Mikasa ignores him. Miles removes his arm around (Y/n) as Mikasa wraps her up tightly and pulls her towards her room. He silently watches them go up the stairs. He softly smiles at Mikasa's concerned expression and (Y/n) frown.

A blanket is thrown over his head, pulling him away from what he was seeing and looking down at the person. Hanji was standing next to him, their arms crossed over their chest with a small smile, "I got you a blanket. Go change before you catch a cold."

"Yes, Commander!" Miles jokingly salutes and walks away. Hanji smiles after him.

Night had fallen rather quickly and the sound of thunder filled the headquarters. A storm was rapidly showering down which meant everyone had to stay inside. (Y/n) fixes herself in the vanity mirror of her room. Her eyes fall down onto her mother's journals. It had been almost two years since she had retrieved the journals, but she couldn't find it in herself to read them yet.

She closes her eyes, taking in a deep breath before leaving her room to go to the dining hall. Sasha had become in charge of the food which meant that the Survey Corps had better tasting soup now. She walks in, conversation booming and she sits down with her friends. Eren sat to the right of her and Connie sat to the left of her.

Connie slides a tray of food towards her, "For you since you're always late."

"I know, I know" she says, taking a bite out of her bread, "But it's for a good reason. I have to make sure I look pretty."

"You always look pretty," Jean says before taking a sip from his soup.

"Jean, we've been over this, (Y/n) is not pretty" Eren speaks up, his teal eyes boredly staring at him, "She's beautiful, get it right."

(Y/n) softly smiles at him, lightly blushing. She had become more sensitive towards compliments over the years. Mainly because she was used to bullying herself and nitpicking at everything she did. Her self-esteem had slowly gone down so her friends always made sure to keep her spirits up.

Sasha skips happily to their table and sits down next to Connie, "How's the food?"

"It has flavor" Connie replies to her and she smiles widely.

"That's great!" Sasha says, digging into her food.

"So...when is the next expedition?" (Y/n) asks, looking at Armin who had his nose deep into a book. His blue eyes avert to look at her intense eyes, a blush creeping onto his cheeks. No matter how many times she looked at him, he always blushed. She had that effect on him.

"Well...Hanji is thinking of in a week, we need to check up on Marley and if they are still sending boats to us" Armin states, putting his book down.

"Marley..." Eren mumbles with hate. His father's journals and memories had created a deep hatred for Marley. (Y/n) grabs onto his hand, to snap him out of his thoughts. He glances at her before taking a deep breath in and composing himself, remembering what they had talked about so long ago.

"Marley is becoming a bigger problem," (Y/n) states, her mind wandering, thinking about what Reiner could possibly be doing right now. Part of her felt bad for Reiner. She couldn't imagine the conflict he felt within himself, but another part of her hated him for betraying them. After all, he did try to kidnap Eren several times.

"Yes, we have to find a way to keep them away from us and stop them from creating more titans," Armin states, a gloomy mood overcomes the table. Everyone was secretly worried about Marley and what war could await them.

"Look at them..." Connie speaks up, breaking the silence and the whole group turns to look at the superior's table. Levi was silently drinking his tea while Hanji and Miles chattered like best friends, "If they don't kiss soon, then love isn't real."

(Y/n) smiles at the two, "Hanji has been really great to Miles these past two years. They've always been supporting Miles no matter what. But don't rush them, Miles is still secretly hurt over Caleb's death."

"What about you?" Sasha asks, Connie elbows her while Jean kicks her leg, "Ow!"

(Y/n) laughs at them, "It's fine. I'm still dealing with his loss, but everything is okay. Levi keeps me company and has been helping me get through it, just like you all."

Everyone smiles at her. They had all lost someone in the past so they knew what (Y/n) was feeling. Soon dinner comes to an end and (Y/n) finds herself sitting on Levi's red loveseat. He had to go off to deal with some paperwork before being able to rest for the night.

The door to the office opens to reveal the short, black haired man. He walks in, his stoic expression becoming one of ease. He closes the door behind him, locking it. He looks down at her, a small smirk forming on his face, "I have a surprise for you."

"Oh? What could it possibly be?" (Y/n) teases as she pats the empty seat next to her. He sits down, his left hand holding something behind him.

"Close your eyes" he says and she covers them with her hands. He places something onto the coffee table, "Okay...open your eyes."

She uncovers her (e/c) eyes to look down at the table. A bottle of whiskey and two whiskey glasses were on the table. Her eyes open wide, "Alcohol?"

"Remember that time, long ago, that I promised we would get drunk?" Levi asks her and she nods, "Well, you seem stable enough to get drunk so I thought why not."

"Stable enough?" she repeats him, crossing her arms over her chest and furrowing her eyebrows.

"I'm not letting you get drunk when you're depressed," Levi states as he opens the whiskey bottle, "I've done it before and it's not pretty. Plus, I wouldn't know what to do with myself if I let you do something like that..."

He trails off, but she knew what he meant. A small smile creeps onto her face and she plants a soft kiss on his cheek, a light blush appearing on his pale face. He glance to the left, his icy blue eyes locking with her deep (e/c) eyes. He cups her face with his left hand and plants a kiss on her lips. They break apart so he could pour the whiskey into the glasses

She wraps her arms around his torso, resting her chin on his shoulder. He gives her a glass and she takes a sip, "You know...I've been drinking since the age of thirteen and demons have a really high tolerance. Do you think you can out drink me?"

"Let's find out," Levi states and takes a sip from his whiskey, locking his eyes with her. She gives him her iconic devilish smirk before shooting down all the whiskey in her glass and slamming it on the coffee table.

"More please" she states, trying to hold back the tears from the alcohol burning her throat. She hadn't drank in years so she had forgotten the taste of whiskey. She had forgotten the feeling of the burn.

Levi raises an eyebrow at her knowing damn well she was putting up a front. He shurgs, pouring more into her glass, "Take it slow, brat."

He gives her the glass, and she takes a sip from it, "You know, I kinda like it when you call me brat. It sounds kinda kinky."

"Drink and shut up" he stares rather teasingly and she laughs. 

After a few glasses, (Y/n) was nothing but a laughing mess while Levi was blushed, telling her stories of his past. He told her about the time Isabel had gotten stuck in a barrel because the lid had shut when she went in. He told her that he had to break the lid for her to get out.

(Y/n) laughs wildly, "She sounds really funny."

"She was..." Levi mutters, thinking about how she was no longer with him, "You two would have gotten along."

Before he knew it, tears spill out of his eyes and (Y/n)'s drunken laugh stops. She clumsily places her glass on the table and wraps her arms around him. He twists his torso as to bury his head in her shoulder. He couldn't stop the tears. They just kept flowing out. The whiskey seemed to have opened the faucet to his eyes and he didn't know how to close it.

"It's okay...I'm here with you," (Y/n) mumbles as clearly as she could. The whiskey had slurred her words and it was hard for her to form a sentence, but she had to try her best to comfort Levi. His sobs fill the room as she gently rubs his back, "Let it all out."

He sobs wildly into her chest, his tears wetting her light pink shirt. Her scarred fingers entangle themselves with his black locks. She plants a soft kiss on the top of his head, "Do you want to go to the bed?"

He shakes his head, still crying uncontrollably. She leans backwards onto the sofa, guiding Levi to lay on her chest with his head still buried. He wraps his arms around her torso, his sobs still loud. 

"It's okay, I'm here with you" she says again trying to sothe him.

"Forever?" he mutters softly, but she heard him.

"Yes, forever" she reassures him.

"Promise?" he whispers, his sobs slowly becoming controlled.

"Pinky promise," she states and wraps her pinky with his. He buries his face into her chest, letting his tears out as he thinks of all his friends who had passed away. His arms tighten around her torso, never wanting to let her go.

"I love you" he whispers.

"I love you too" she whispers back, gently ruffling his black hair.

------------------------------------

Agh. Please, I'm gay, I have no sense of time so this is a semi late update. Also, I've been seeing a lot of comments about Miles x Reader and I didn't think there would be so many people that simp for him. I never thought that would happen.

Side note, I published the Demon Inside over 5 years ago! And it's crazy how much attention and love it has gotten over the past 5 years. It's also crazy how much love this fanfic has gotten too. Thank you for 305K views and for always making me laugh with your comments!

Also! My Naruto Various x Reader is out! The prologue is out if anyone wants to read it! It's called Wonderland

Hope you guys enjoyed the drunk night, you guys can now stop bullying me.

 I'm kidding, I love y'all. Also...stan Loona.

~toffy59

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.4K 194 18
The longer you live like animals, the easier you turn into them. Living in walls was nothing new to you. Being from the underground you knew what it...
237K 4.9K 35
β†³π‚πŽπŒππ‹π„π“π„πƒ ΰΏ”*:ο½₯ ━━━ 𝐿𝑒𝑣𝑖 π΄π‘π‘˜π‘’π‘Ÿπ‘šπ‘Žπ‘› π‘₯ π‘…π‘’π‘Žπ‘‘π‘’π‘Ÿβœ”οΈŽ βπ‘Šβ„Žπ‘Žπ‘‘ π‘‘π‘œπ‘œπ‘˜ π‘¦π‘œπ‘’ π‘ π‘œ π‘™π‘œπ‘›π‘”?❞ W...
217 1 6
Growing up with a different lifestyle while attending a school with students that have a whole different lifestyle from you is challenging. You've be...
872K 19.8K 42
COVER ART CREDS; redwarrior3 on tumblr :) In modern Paradis, you've joined the survey corps three months ago, and thought you've met everyone, until...