Bury The Light (Male Faunus!V...

By Elyion22

(title says it all!) Disclaimer:I don't own anything here! More

Bio
Prologue
The Shining Beacon
The First Step
Players and Pieces
The Badge and The Burden
Jaunedice
The Stray
Best Day Ever
A Grimm Past
Painting The Town Red
Extracurricular
Dance Dance Infiltration
Breach
Round One
New Challengers
Never Miss A Beat
Fall
Heroes and Monsters
End of The Beginning
Bio Update + Costume Changes
Forsakened, I Am Awakened
The Grimm's Cry
The Next Step
Remembrance
Tipping Point
Punished
Kuroyuri
No Safe Haven
Welcome To Haven
Dread In The Air
Lighting The Fire
Known By Its Song
A Deal
The More The Merrier
Downfall
Haven's Fate
Special Chapter #1: Happy Birthday!
Special Chapter #2: A Burning Surprise
The Tears Inside Me Calm Me Down
Bury The Light
Epilogue
New Book Teaser

PvP

4.2K 74 88
By Elyion22

Bury The Light (Male Faunus!Vergil!Reader x Pyrrha Nikos)

Part 16

A day has passed since the first match, (Y/N) walks through the hallway and sees Dante leaning on wall outside Team RWBY's dorm room. He walked to him and his brother greeted him.

(Y/N):"Hey."

Dante:"Hey."

(Y/N):"So..what'd they say?"

Dante:"I spoke with the General earlier. Said they had no choice but to disqualify her."

(Y/N):"Yesterday's events was...odd."

Dante:"Yang would never do that. I know she wouldn't."

(Y/N):"Hmm..."

(Y/N) then began thinking of something before looking at his brother.

(Y/N):"Something felt off about that match. It's like...someone wanted her lose."

Dante:"I guess so. I'm not sure. I'll have to talk to her later about it."

(Y/N):"By the way, I ran into someone named Qrow Branwen the other day. Says he trained you ever since you were little?"

Dante:"Huh. So the old man's here as well,eh? Might as well try to talk to him."

The door soon opened as RWB step out of the door before closing it behind them.

Ruby:"She needs you right now. More than ever."

Dante nodded  as RWB walked away.

Dante:"Well, I have to talk to Yang now. See ya around?"

(Y/N):"Of course. See you around, Dante."

Dante later entered the room to see Yang sitting on her bed,not looking him in the eye. He approaches her and knelt at her feet as he leaned in close to her and crossed his arms over her lap.

Dante:"Hey."

Yang then looks at him and he caresses her cheek.

Dante:"You okay."

Yang:"I..."

Suddenly, tears started to roll down her face as she hugs him tightly and wraps his arms around her neck. Dante does the same thing and comforts her.

Dante:"It's okay,it's okay. I'm here for you, Yang. Just let it all out."

Yang:"He attacked me first and I had to defend myself but I didn't mean to hurt him like that!"

Tears started to wet Dante's shoulder as he rubbed her back,comforting her. Meanwhile,(Y/N) walked back to his dorm where his teammates began talking to Pyrrha.

Nora:"No more moping around!"

She backs away to the other side of the room, and returns,now clad in pink workout clothes and sweatbands, as she points to Pyrrha.

Nora:"We gotta get your butt in shape for the big fight!"

Nora then began doing some random excercises.

Nora:"It could be today, it could be tomorrow, it could be the most important fight of your entire life!"

Pyrrha:"Um..."

Ren:"Nora's right."

(Y/N) and Pyrrha look to see Ren wearing a pink apron saying "PLEASE DO NOTHING TO THE COOK"

Ren:"You can't let your concern for Yang hold you back. You need to focus. You'll be defending the honor of Beacon Academy."

Pyrrha:"Of course. I-"

Ren cuts her off as he then takes out a glass filled with a green liquid making bubbling noises in front of her face.

(Y/N):"Um..."

Ren:"This blend of herbs and vegetables is filled with nutrients vital to your body's well-being."

Pyrrha:" Oh, that's-"

Ren:"Please, there's no need to thank me."

Nora then looks at him with a disgusted face.

Nora:" Thank you? Ugh, that looks like slime from a lakebed!"

Ren:"Algae contains numerous spectacular properties. See for yourself."

Ren lifts the drink towards her mouth as Nora sips it down and immediately regrets it. Her face turns sickly green as she goes straight over to the waste basket and dunks her head in, getting all of the liquid out while continuing to make disgusted noises until she turns back around to Ren.

Nora:" WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU!? Ugh..."

Ren:"Me? You're the one that wasted perfectly good juice."

Nora:"We're supposed to help Pyrrha, not poison her!"

Ren:"There was absolutely nothing wrong with that."

Nora:"If it looks the same coming up as it does going down, then there's something wrong!"

(Y/N) sighed and walks over to them.

(Y/N):"Guys, how about we all get some fresh air?"

Jaune:"Yeah, That's a good idea."

Nora:"Way better than drinking Ren's poison juice."

Ren sighed and walked away. Later on, Team JNPR and (Y/N) walked around through a few game stands on the fair grounds. Nora then takes Ren's hand and sped away to some games.

Jaune:"I'll be playing a few games as well. See ya around, guys!"

(Y/N)/Pyrrha:"See you!"

Now alone together,(Y/N) then takes Pyrrha's hand as they began walking around.

(Y/N):"Perhaps this may take your mind off everything for a while."

Pyrrha:"I hope so."

They both smiled and walked around to find some games to play. After a while, the two played different games and won different prizes like a few Beacon merchandise and a stuffed toy version of a Beowolf.

The two later sat down outside the dining hall and rested for a while.

(Y/N):"That was.."

Pyrrha:"Fun! I never had this much fun ever since I was little."

(Y/N):"Really? I'm..glad you had fun."

Pyrrha smiled softly and (Y/N) smiled back.

Soon the two leaned closer and shared a kiss. After a few minutes, they pulled away and leaned on their foreheads together as they looked at each other in the eye.

Pyrrha:"I love you,(Y/N)."

(Y/N):"I love you too, Pyrrha."

She smiled and places her head on his shoulder. (Y/N) smiled and pats her head making her smile even more.

Pyrrha:"Thank you,(Y/N). I guess..I really need this."

(Y/N):"Anything for you."

Pyrrrha rests on his shoulder as she and (Y/N) watch the twilight.

(Y/N):"We still have time before the second match starts."

Pyrrha:"So does that mean we can stay like this?"

(Y/N):"You bet."

Pyrrha smiled again until her smile soon fades away as she then sees an autumn leaf falling from above and remembers the sight of Amber in her comatose state and the choice weighing her down. (Y/N) notices this and asks her.

(Y/N):"You okay?"

Pyrrha:"I'm fine. Nothing to worry about."

(Y/N) nods as Pyrrha closed her eyes and took a short rest. A few hours have passed, the second match has started and the roulette system decides the match.

Oobleck:" Alright, it's now time to begin the randomization process for our next fight!"

Port:"It looks like our first contender is...Penny Polendina from Atlas! And her opponent will be...Pyrrha Nikos from Beacon!"

At the Amity Colisseum,Pyrrha began looking hesitant and distracted while Penny politely salutes her opponent.

Penny:"Sal-u-tations, Pyrrha Nikos! It's an honor to finally meet you!"

The troubled spartan doesn't respond and looks at her hands as she clenches them in attempted determination.

Penny:" This is going to be so much fun!"

JNR and (Y/N) began rooting for Pyrrha as Penny beams widely in anticipation, but Pyrrha is still looking around as if in a daze, though she manages a small scowl at her opponent, her weapons in hand.

Oobleck:"3, 2, 1... BEGIN!"

As soon as the match starts, Penny takes out her blades and launches them at Pyrrha who runs towards them and leaps though or deflects each aimed blade. The swords fly into the air until they turn around and come back to the fight. Pyrrha then twirls her spear to block each sword swipe of Penny's before dropping her weapon and somersaults away after being hit by a slash, only to magnetically return it to her hand as Penny readies another wave of blades.

Port:"My word! What a tremendous display by Miss Polendina!"

Pyrrha rushes forward and jumps on an incoming sword, swinging down on Penny, only to have the assault halted by a collection of blades, though she leaps away from the retaliatory slice as Penny backs away as well. She tries to defend against the multitude of swords with the length of her weapon, but is forced back and later takes out her shield using her polarity.

Nora:"Whoo, yeah! Goooo Pyrrha!"

(Y/N) watches the match until he sensed something was wrong and received a call from Dante.

(Y/N):"Excuse me."

He later left and went to the hallways as he answered his brother's call.

(Y/N):"Dante?"

Dante:"Hey, here's what I found out. During the match yesterday, Yang said she saw Mercury attack her. Then, here's another thing. They said Mercury and his team rushed back to Haven to be with his family. But Sun contacted me and said he just saw Mercury walking inside the Colisseum."

(Y/N):"What?"

Suddenly, (Y/N) looked to see Ruby running through the hallways. She notices him and runs to his direction.

Ruby:"(Y/N)!"

(Y/N):"Ruby?"

Ruby:"I-It's Mercury! I-I don't know what's going on but we need to stop Pyrrha and Penny from fighting!"

Dante:"(Y/N), is that Ruby? What's going on?"

(Y/N):"Dante, stay there for a while until I call you again,understand?"

Dante:"Got it."

They hung up and rushed to the hallway trying to get the mact to stop. However, as they turned to a corner and emerge from a service tunnel, they widened their eyes to see a torn-up Penny and a horrified Pyrrha.

(Y/N):"No..."

Ruby fell to her knees as she teared up.

Ruby:"Penny.."

At the sportscaster's desk, Oobleck tries to call the Broadcast Ops through an earpiece.

Oobleck:"Broadcast, what are you doing? Kill the feed!"

Broadcast Op:"Something's wrong! We don't have control of the cameras! We can't even stop the broadcast!""

Oobleck:"What!? How is that possible!?"

Suddenly, an ominous bright red with a black queen chess piece appears behind the two teachers and a voice starts to speak up.

???:"This is not a tragedy. This was not an accident. This is what happens when you hand over your trust, your safety, your children, to men who claim to be our guardians,but are, in reality, nothing more than men. Our Academies' Headmasters wield more power than most armies, and one was audacious enough to control both. They cling to this power in the name of peace, and yet, what do we have here? One nation's attempt at a synthetic army, mercilessly torn apart by another's star pupil. What need would Atlas have for a soldier disguised as an innocent little girl? I don't think the Grimm can tell the difference."

(Y/N) grits his teeth and clenched his fists as the speech went on.

???:"And what, I ask you, is Ozpin teaching his students? First a dismemberment, now this? Huntsmen and Huntresses should carry themselves with honor and mercy, yet I have witnessed neither. Perhaps Ozpin felt as though defeating Atlas in the Tournament would help people forget his colossal failure to protect Vale when the Grimm invaded its streets. Or perhaps this was his message to the tyrannical dictator that has occupied an unsuspecting kingdom with armed forces. Honestly, I haven't the slightest clue as to who is right and who is wrong. But I know the existence of peace is fragile, and the leaders of our kingdoms conduct their business with iron gloves. As someone who hails from Mistral, I can assure you the situation there is... equally undesirable. Our Kingdoms are on the brink of war, yet we, the citizens, are left in the dark. So I ask you: When the first shots are fired... who do you think you can trust?"

The speech ended as (Y/N)'s expression darkens.

(Y/N):"They'll pay...."

Then, the screens cut from red and black to complete static.

Oobleck:"The feeds are all jammed! We can't get a message out!"

Port:"Will somebody tell me what in the world is happening!?"

The question is answered with the sound of a wailing alarm throughout the structure.

Warning Announcer:"Alert. Incoming Grimm attack. Threat level: Nine. Please seek shelter in a calm and orderly manner."

The crowds begin to flee, wild and screaming, through the exit tunnels, while Ironwood enters the announcers' box and grabs the microphone from between Port and Oobleck.

Ironwood:"Ladies and gentlemen, please. There is no need for panic."

With that being said, a Nevermore appears atop the arena's domed force field, giving a series of deafening screeches as it claws and pecks at the defense with its beak.

Sun:"A Nevermore?!"

Coco:"How did it get past the Kingdom's defenses!?"

Ren:"It wasn't alone."

Somewhere at the Beacon's cliffside, three Bullheads arrive, the middle one opening its hatch to reveal four members of the White Fang and Adam Taurus.

Adam:"Bring them to their knees!"

Another Bullhead opens its door, this time with several creatures of Grimm inside. A growling Ursa jumps from it and lands on Academy grounds and roars afterwards.

Posts:

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

316K 4.3K 42
The title says it all. (Disclaimer:I don't own Fate or RWBY!)
48.1K 576 38
Since I am bored and came up with certain ideas I decided to write this. I will write Canon X Reader, Canon X OC, Reader X OC, Canon X Canon, RWBY sh...
3.3K 39 15
Volume 5! RWBY belongs to Rooster Teeth OC's belong to me and my friends
1.7K 43 16
(I don't own anything. RWBY belongs to Rooster Teeth and all art work belongs to their respective owners)