I'm With You - Tommy Shelby

By Nellie01247

When Thomas Shelby returns from war, he doesn't expect the nurse who stitched him up to be in his hometown. H... More

DISCLAIMER
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
THE END

Chapter 18

11.9K 261 7
By Nellie01247

"Merry Christmas!" I say as I enter the Shelby-Grey household, both myself and Tommy carrying presents.

"Merry Christmas!" They all repeat, smiling.

"What the fuck is that?" Ada screams, looking at my hand. "No fucking way!"

"She's hungover, stop shouting," Tommy scolds, placing the presents down then taking the presents I'm holding out of my arms.

"You proposed and didn't think of telling us beforehand?" Ada gawks at him.

"I told Michael to tell you guys," he shrugs, making me giggle.

"Congratulations!" Arthur cheers, hugging me then Tommy. "Thank you," I smile, letting Ada, Polly and Esme view my ring.

"Can we open presents yet?" Katie whines.

"Kids first," Polly reminds everybody.

"They go crazy, just watch," Tommy whispers, sitting down next to me. 

I hold back my laugh when they pull all the presents out from under the tree and look at the names to see what is theirs and what isn't.

"Watch Will, he's the worst," he mumbles into my ear.

I can't help but giggle as the small boy shreds the paper and jumps into the air as he holds his new cap to match his dad's.

"I'm gonna look like a movie star aren't I dad?" Katie says, holding her pretty pink dress up to herself. "Only the best for my girls," John says, smiling.

"At least wait until we're married to try get pregnant," Tommy whispers, making me smile.

"I got a purple one to match yours Katie," Sophie quietly says. "We can be movie stars together! Ben what did you get?" She asks her younger brother.
"I got a cap like dad's!" He says, proudly wearing it.

"I forgot to get them something," I whisper to Tommy. "My presents to them can be from the both of us then," he replies, making me laugh.

"Right pass us ours," Ada says, Karl on her knee.

"Thank you," I say as I get passed eight presents.

"You not opening them?" Tommy asks. "Open yours first," I grin.

He smiles, shaking his head and reads who it's from. "I'll open the ones from you first," he says, picking the two presents from his small pile.

I carefully watch his face as he opens it, seeing it's the pocket watch he had opened first. "How'd you know I needed a new one?" He asks. "Read the back of it then I'll tell you," I smile.

"The day I walked you home," he smiles, pecking my lips. "You stopped checking it so I guessed it wasn't working anymore so I got you a new one."

"Next one!" I happily say.

"Bloody new cigarette case," he chuckles, "and a new packet of cigarettes."

"Only the best for you," I giggle, giving him a kiss.

"Open yours from me now," he says, picking them out from my small pile.

I rip the wrapping paper open to see a lavender box, quick to take the lid off. I pull out the white coat with a faux black fur collar and cuffs, smiling. "Next one," he says, passing me the neatly wrapped present.

"Alright bossy," I giggle, placing the coat back into its box and opening the next present.

"So you stop stealing mine," he reminds me as I open the new cigarette case with cigarettes already inside, a box of matches to go with it.

"You spoil me," I giggle, kissing his cheek.

"Thank you Evie!" Ada says, giving me a quick hug. "That's okay," I laugh, glad she liked the necklace.

"I need to visit my dad then give Jane and Harry their presents," I say to Tommy. "Do you want me to come?" He asks. "Yes please, you'll have to remind me when I need to help making dinner, you know how bad me and Jane are," I giggle.

"Auntie Evie! Can you do my hair like yours?" Katie asks, jumping up and down at my feet. "If you get me a hairbrush and two hair pins," I say, smiling.

I laugh when she runs up the stairs, turning back to the few presents in front of me.

"Thank you!" I say, now knowing I've got a bottle of Shelby Whiskey, a couple new nail polishes, a new skirt, a cook book, a new set of reigns for Star and an apron.

"I'll start cooking at two so be back by then everybody!" Polly says.

"Where are we going first?" Tommy asks, getting up. "The florist then to see my dad and then Jane's," I say.

"Don't forget my hair, then I'll take your presents to Uncle Tommy's room!" Katie reminds me. "Okay, sit in front of me," I say, putting a cushion down.

She hands me the hairbrush and multiple hair pins before plopping down onto the cushion. I brush her hair back and make sure to leave a few strands out at the front then begin making a low bun.

"All done," I say, placing the last pin into her soft hair. "Thank you!" She squeals, running off to the nearest mirror.

"Come on, Polly gets really angry if we aren't back on time," Tommy says, holding my new coat out for me to slip into.

***

"Merry Christmas Dad," I say, placing the petunias down and taking the withering daffodils away.
"I'm engaged."

"Charlie gave me his blessing since I couldn't get yours," Tommy says, his hands in his pockets.

"Jane's engaged as well to Harry, the barman at the Garrison. She's pregnant as well, I think it will be a girl."

"I'll treat your daughter well, Mr Loveridge," Tommy says, making me laugh. "Jane would have you if you didn't, and your whole family," I giggle.

"Our family, Evie, our family."

"I'll see you on New Year's Day, dad, love you lots," I say, kissing my palm then placing it on the gravestone.

***

"Jane I have presents and I'm freezing!" I yell, knocking repeatedly on the door. "I'm coming! Wait a minute!" She yells from inside and I hear her running down the stairs.

"I thought you were just gonna drop them off yesterday but you never bloody came!" She laughs, dragging me and Tommy inside then shutting the door.

"Right here are your presents!" I giggle, putting them on their sofa.

"And here's what Tommy did last night!" I squeal, showing her my ring.

"No fucking way! Now you need to get her pregnant!" Jane gushes, hugging me.

"Congratulations," Harry says, shaking Tommy's hand then hugging me. "Thank you!" I smile, jumping around with Jane.

"We can go dress shopping together and... and flower picking and drag them along for cake testing!" She excitedly says.

"We can have our dream weddings!"

"We need them on separate days thought cause your being my maid of honour!" Jane reminds me. "You're definitely mine!" I reply, ecstatic.

"It's almost two!" Tommy calls from the kitchen.

"What's happening at two?" Jane asks, wiggling her brows at me. "I'm helping Polly make Christmas dinner," I laugh, giving her a tight hug.

"I love you, enjoy your presents," I sigh, giving her a kiss on the cheek.

"I put yours in your coat pocket, and Tommy's," she says, kissing my cheek, "I love you too."

***

"Dinner is almost ready! That table better be set!" Polly yells. "Smells nice," Tommy says, coming into the kitchen.

"Evie could be a chef if she wanted," Polly says, making my laugh. "So could you."

"What could I be?" Tommy asks me. "A teacher, or a horse trainer, maybe a copper but I don't think you'd like that," I giggle.

He chuckles and kisses my cheek, making me blush. "I love you," I whisper. "And I love you," he replies, making me smile.

"Help us carry the plates in," Polly says, finishing dishing up the dinner. Tommy nods and picks two up, myself and Polly doing the same.

***

"Up you come," I smile, Sophie tugging at the bottom of my dress. I pick her up and rest her on my hip, swaying us to the music.

I smile as she rests her head on my shoulder, tired from the exciting and hyper day the kids had, running circles around everybody and singing songs to us.

"I'm gonna take her up to bed," I whisper to John, noticing how she's fallen asleep on me. "Will, show Evie where you lot sleep," John says, the boy nodding and leading me up the stairs.

"You've got to make sure she has her teddy next to her or she'll have a nightmare," Will says, handing me a worn down teddy.

"Anything else?" I ask, laying her down in the bed since she's already in her nightwear. "That's all, I'll see you downstairs," he says, leaving the room.

I smile and put the teddy next to her and wrap her arm around it before tucking her into the covers, brushing her hair (that is identical in colour to John's) out of her face. "Night sweetie," I whisper, exiting the room but leaving the door slightly ajar.

"I'm sorry, for trying to break you and Tommy up," Michael quietly says, waiting outside in the hallway for me. "It's alright, if anything it brought us closer, I mean look at us now," I smile, not wanting to hold any bad feelings.

"Yeah congratulations, he's a lucky man," he smiles. "I'm just as lucky," I giggle.

"Thank you, for not telling anyone. Cause I know my mum would've found out and had my head," he sincerely says.

"I know you didn't truly mean to cause such an argument. If I were new and knew someone was dating someone and saw them kiss someone's cheek I probably would've done something similar."

"You're a good person, makes me feel ten times worse," he lightly laughs.

"No! No feeling bad anymore, me and Tommy are engaged now and happier than ever, and now you've let me have my dream of myself and Jane getting married near the same time!" I laugh, giving him a hug.

"Your welcome then," he laughs, hugging me back.

"If you need any information on women around Small Heath, ask me and I will ask Jane, she is very good at finding things out," I chirp, making him laugh.

"Peaky Blinders know everything though?"

"They can't find out as quick as my Jane does, and they can't get as much detail, she could work for the King if she needed," I giggle.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

37.8K 777 10
The love story of Eve Jesus the preachers daughter and Tommy Shelby.
266K 8.2K 29
NEW CHAPTERS COMING SOON. Small Heath, Birmingham, was an unsafe place to be. Men stumbling drunk out of pubs, whores there waiting for them on the s...
170K 2.6K 44
At the age of 19, finn shelby is the baby of the family. But not for long. As a face from the past comes back to haunt him and brings with her a litt...
95.1K 2.3K 34
Georgina Shelby is the oldest Shelby sibling. She has always protected her family with everything she had. When the boys where away to war, she took...