I'm With You - Tommy Shelby

By Nellie01247

When Thomas Shelby returns from war, he doesn't expect the nurse who stitched him up to be in his hometown. H... More

DISCLAIMER
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
THE END

Chapter 17

12.5K 304 29
By Nellie01247

"What?" I ask, blue eyes staring into green.

"I never thought being perfect was possible," he mumbles, kissing my nose, "but fuck your eyes."

I giggle and give him a kiss, distracting him from my rosy cheeks. "You flatter me," I hum, cuddling into his warmth.

"Did you sleep well?" I mumble. "I always sleep best with you next to me," he replies, making me blush even more.

"What is it with you and making me blush?" I laugh. "Can't I compliment the woman I love?" He smiles. "Alright then," I reply, giving him a kiss.

"Right, I'm going to get changed, I want somebody to help me get the decorations out," I say, wriggling out him arms and to my wardrobe.

"Wear blue," he says. "Why blue?" "Cause it will match your nails," he says, yawning.

"Anything will match my nails, they're white," I laugh, picking out a checkered pale blue and white skirt with a white blouse.

"Why not a dress?" He asks. "Cause I don't have a blue dress, I have red, lavender and green," I say.

"What does the green one look like?" He asks, sitting up. I huff and get it out, holding it up to me. "Wear that, makes your eyes look pretty," he murmurs, making me laugh.

"Sleepy you is my favourite," I grin, giving him a quick kiss before going into the bathroom.

***

"Go answer it," I tell Tommy as I finish putting the plates away. "Bossy," he mumbles as he goes to answer the door.

"I heard someone needed a ladder!" John's voice yells.

"Thank you!" I shout, drying my hands.

"I had to bring the kids cause Esme is off with her mum or something like that," he says, leaning the ladder against the wall.

"Let them in, just make sure shoes come off," I laugh, seeing them all stood outside huddled together.

"I'm Katie, that's William, that's Ben and that's Sophia," the oldest of them all tells me as she takes her shoes off.

"You're Uncle Tommy's girlfriend aren't you?" Ben asks, now sitting at the kitchen table. "I am," I giggle, enjoying how they feel comfortable enough to do as they please.

"Right, do as your told and don't break anything, me and Tommy will be in the loft," John firmly says to his kids.

"Do you want anything to eat or drink?" I ask the kids. "You got any hot chocolate?" Katie asks me. "I'll make it if you guys help," I smile.

"Deal!" William shouts, making me laugh. I quickly get everything needed out and put the stove on.

"You're a nurse aren't you?" William asks me. "Seems like you guys know a lot about me," I reply, letting them stand on the chairs so they can see what I'm doing.

"We know your four years younger than Tommy, you work at the hospital, Tommy won you a horse, we know that your best friend is Jane Quinton and she's engaged to Harry."

"Do I have little stalkers?" I tease, laughing.

"No! But we will only leave Uncle Tommy alone if he tells us something interesting," Ben laughs.

"Choose which mug you want," I say, putting seven out.

"I've brought the Christmas tree!" Arthur yells, now coming into my house. I get another mug out.

"Put it in the lounge then come help me with the drinks!" I call, excited.

I look down when I feel my dress being tugged to see Sophie reaching for me. "Up you come," I laugh, picking her up.

"Look at you doing house wife things," Arthur teases. "You're doing them with me," I retort, taking the hot chocolate off the stove.

***

"If you drop me you're not spending the night for a week!" I tell Tommy as he puts me on his shoulders so I can put the star on the tree.

"I'm not gonna bloody drop you," he grunts, standing up.

"I want a go next!" Katie yells, making me laugh.

"Move forwards a bit I can't reach," I tell him. I gently place the star on the top of the tree and clap my hands when it's done, happy for my house to finally be decorated.

"Look how pretty it looks!" I squeal, waiting for him to sit down so I can climb off.

"Thank you," I say, giving him a kiss. "It's alright," he smiles, getting up from my sofa.

"My turn!" Katie demands, stomping her feet. "Up you come then," he laughs, lifting her up. "Dad I'm taller than you!" She laughs, holding onto Tommy's hair.

"Mistletoe," Polly chimes, putting it on the hook over the lounge door.

"Finn go get that girl you fancy and find some mistletoe," John suggests.

I laugh as Tommy begins spinning with Katie on his shoulders, not able to stop myself from imagining it was our child on his shoulders.

"Have a child, what harm could it do?" Polly whispers.

"I'd have to marry him before that, I don't think he's ready for marriage," I sigh.

"Put her down, Evie's getting that look Martha always did when she wanted another kid!" John yells making us laugh.

I giggle when Tommy shakes his head and puts Katie down then walks over to me. "I'll marry you first," he mumbles as he wraps his arms around my waist.

"Look, she's the one to make him all soft," Arthur says to his nieces and nephews.

"Your Auntie Evie now!" Ben yells, making me blush and laugh.

"They tease me cause of you," he sighs. "Let them, it is quite funny," I snicker, making him scoff.

"Even my own bloody girlfriend has turned on me," he scoffs, making me laugh. "I haven't, I'm still the one who loves you most."

"Is Finn ere?" Isaiah asks, coming into my house.

"Take your bloody shoes off!" I scold.

"Where we going?" Finn asks.

"Rosemary Hoagie is in the Garrison and you can keep her company," Isaiah says.

"Trip to the Garrison?" Arthur suggests.

"I can't take the kids there," John whines. "We'll look after them," Polly says and Ada agrees.

"Help yourself to any food and stuff, you can put them to sleep in the room to the left of mine if needed," I say.

***

"What're they talking about?" I ask Isaiah as I glance at Tommy and Michael who seem to be looking at me every now and then.

"How am I suppose to know?" He asks. "Go find out, but don't tell them I sent you, I don't want to seem nosey," I huff, laughing. "Alright, don't let anyone take my seat," he says, finishing his beer.

I look around more to see Finn and Rosemary laughing making me smile, hopefully he'll manage to woo her.

John and Esme are talking in the corner, they seem happy but it's hard to tell with Esme - a face of stone sometimes.

"Evie!" Arthur calls from the entrance of the Garrison. "What is it?" I ask. "My nose is bleeding," he grunts, walking over to me with a little bit of a stagger in his step.

"Sit down and wait here," I huff, going round the bar to get my bag and pulling out a clean rag and grabbing a bottle of whiskey.

"It's not your nose Arthur," I laugh, seeing he's holding his cheek. "It's the whiskey, Evelyn," he grumbles.

"Let me have a look," I sigh, moving his hand before I wet the rag. "Won't need stitches," I say, cleaning the cut.

"Who pissed you off now?" Tommy asks, coming over.

"I can't remember, but they're gone now, ran with their tail between their legs," he smugly says. "You didn't hurt an animal did you?" I scold.

"It's a saying Evie, calm down," Tommy snickers.

"They bloody sounded like one, couldn't sing for the life of em," Arthur laughs.

"Now why did you send Isaiah over?" Tommy whispers, pulling me away and into the private room.

"You and Michael were talking about me, it was so obvious, looking at me every five seconds!" I quietly say.

"We were," he smiles.

"What about?" I ask, blushing.

"That's a secret, but he knows we aren't gonna split up and he's gonna try make a friendship between you two," he says, wrapping his arms around my waist.

"I'm alright with that," I smile, wrapping my arms around his neck.

"I'm giving you a present when we get back," he mumbles, making me smile. "What will it be?" I giddily say, not able to tear my eyes from his.

"It's a surprise," he laughs, connecting our lips.

I hum into the kiss, gently tugging at his hair as one of his warm hands come up to cup my cheek.

"Look at em'!" Arthur yells as he opens the door.

"Fuck off!" Tommy yells, as I bury my face in his chest, embarrassed.

"Should we head home?" Tommy asks. "Yeah, it is a bit late and I'm tired," I yawn, smiling as he kisses the top of my head.

***

"Can't dance for the life of you," Tommy snickers as we sway around the lounge. "Well maybe if your feet weren't so big we wouldn't have this problem," I retort.

"If you learnt how to dance properly we wouldn't have this problem," he comments, making me scoff. "We'll teach me then, it can't be that hard," I huff.

"I'll lead and you avoid my toes, you almost broke one earlier," he says, making me laugh.

He puts an arm around my waist and places my hand on his shoulder before joining our free hands then leading me around the room to the music.

"See, it's not that hard," he says, "now look at me."

I look up at him instead of our feet and follow his lead, smiling as I don't feel toes beneath my feet.

"I'm doing it!" I squeal, giggling.

"See it's not that hard," he says, spinning me.

"So as you know, you're my girl and the only person that can keep me sane," he says, keeping me in his arms.

"I love you more than words can explain and I know what I'm about to ask is a fifty fifty yes or no cause I know you have your answer."

I blush and smile, pecking his lips. "What is it?" I ask, giggling.

My eyes widen as he gets down on one knee with a velvet box in his hand.

"Will you, Evelyn Louise Loveridge, marry me, Thomas Michael Shelby?"

I blink the tears out of my eyes as he holds the ring in his hand, nodding my head. "Yes, why'd you even doubt it," I laugh, letting him out the ring on my finger.

He stands up and connects our lips, his warm hands coming to caress my cheeks. Our teeth meet as we both smile into the kiss.

"I love you," I whisper, green meeting blue. "I love you more," he replies, hugging me. "Impossible," I giggle, listening to his heart beat.

"Merry Christmas Eve," he mumbles, resting his head on mine. "Merry Christmas Eve," I repeat, swaying us a bit.

"How'd you know my middle name?" I ask.

"Your best friend is a blabber mouth."

"She isn't she?" I giggle.

"Spend the night with me, no clothes, bottle of whiskey?" He suggests, making me laugh.

"Sounds good to me," I laugh, pulling him in for a kiss by his collar.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

100K 1.4K 38
Nancy Shelby. She is the heart of the Shelby family. At just 7 years old, she seems to be the only person who can make Thomas Shelby smile a real smi...
8.1K 414 43
Autumn just moved to Birmingham with her fiance for a better life. Leaving all the troubles in the past, she decided it's the best way to start over...
1.3M 34.5K 117
It's 1921, Tommy is left heartbroken over Grace's betrayal and having decided not to follow her to New York he spends his time growing the businesses...
241K 5.7K 91
Where Thomas Shelby finds himself slowly destroying the bond between him and his daughter when she needs him most. ?|Peaky Blinders story ?| Delilah...