Love and Despair (A Hermitcra...

By JustAnAverageFreak

Evil Xisuma is released from The Void after being banished into the black abyss two years before. Now he's ba... More

Welcome Peoples
Important Information
The Characters
Chapter 1: Always
Chapter 2: And Forever
Chapter 3: HOW?
Chapter 4: Oh no...
Chapter 5: Confused
Chapter 6: It's Safer This Way
Chapter 7: The Story
Chapter 8: A Chase
Chapter 9: Why?
Chapter 10: Visitors
Chapter 11: Halo Steak House
Chapter 12: Together
Chapter 13: Wizardly Books
Chapter 14: Super Smash Bros
Chapter 15: Use My Voice
Chapter 16: Babysitter Troubles
Chapter 17: Unknown Users
Chapter 18: The Dream
Chapter 20: Shut Up And Fight Me
Chapter 21: Teamwork
Chapter 22: What Did I Do?
Chapter 23: Another's Dream
Chapter 24: Planning And Promises
Chapter 25: Rescue Mission
Chapter 26: Battle of The Brothers 2.0
NEW COVER!
Chapter 27: Hopeful
Chapter 28: Marching On
Chapter 29: Glitch
Chapter 29: The Final Fight
Chapter 30: Checkerboard
Chapter 31: I'm Tired
Chapter 32: Agony
Chapter 33: Forever and Always

Chapter 19: Snap

1.1K 61 126
By JustAnAverageFreak

I drew my version of a Watcher...

Those wings took me FOREVER but I love the way they turned out

LEZ GO!!

~~

Word Count: ~1.6 K

~~

TW: a tiny bit of fighting but not a lot

~~

POV: Xizara

~~

A tear leaked from my eye, rolled down my cheek, and fell onto Xisuma's temple, who tittered but didn't wake. His freckles of all different shades of purple sparkled and twinkled in the light as he lay his head on my lap, asleep. I brushed a strand of his auburn hair off his eye, gently running my hand through his messy hair, calming it. A small smile tugged at his lips when I did, making me smile in return even if he couldn't see it.

My mind wondered as I stared at my twin.

I thought of all the good times we had, all the bad times. When we fought each other over a simple piece of candy to when we fought together against a simple school bully.

We protected one another. Us against the world.

I would fight away his demons while he fought away mine.

But here we are. 

Now I am his demon. 

The thing he fears most. The cause of all his nightmares. All his problems. 

I was better off in the Void. There, I couldn't hurt anyone. Here, all I am is a danger to the only people I have left. My family.

Shivers ran down my spine as I thought of the Void. The darkness, the pain, the tears, the cold, the heat, the torture. 

The tears picked up speed as I choked on a breathe, my vision blurring. Memories of the terror from the Void hitting me like a train wreck, my mental barriers crumbling from impact. I tried to suck in a breathe but the panic cut it off, stopping me from getting any air into my lungs. Waterfalls were pouring out of my eyes as the memory of the pain washed over me. I could almost feel the pain all over again. 

I didn't see or feel Xisuma sit up, nor did I hear him call my name, but I felt his hands pull me into him, protecting me from my own mind. My ears felt as if they were stuffed with cotton, but I felt my twin's chest vibrate, so I knew he was speaking.

 Slowly, words began to push through the cotton shields in my ears, and I could finally hear what my brother was say. 

"Bud, I need you to breath, okay? Breath in and out. It's okay. Everything is fine. Just breathe, please." I nodded, trying to match my breathing to his, and eventually, it evened out enough to keep me from passing out. "There you go. You're okay. Can you look at me?"

I sat up some so he could see my face and I could see his. "What happened, bud?" Looking into his eyes, I let all my emotions show in my own. "Oh, bud..." He pulled me into his arms and we held onto each other.

"I-I love you, bub," I mumbled.

"Love ya, too, bud." I smiled at the nicknames.

Together, we promised, "Always and forever."

~TIMESKIP~

"Get off the counter, Xizara." I stuck my tongue out at the annoying Admin. "Dude...I'm trying to cook and you're dirtying up the counter with your nasty butt."

Instead of getting off, I wiggled my butt around. "Oh, this counter?"

Xisuma sent me a glare before grabbing me with magic and throwing me off. I let out a yelp as I hit the floor.

"Oops," X deadpanned.

Well fine then.

I rolled onto my back and spread out like a starfish, deciding to make Xisuma's life harder by taking up most of the floor in his small kitchen. 

"Really?" I nodded, to which he rolled his eyes, continuing to cook our dinner. "You know you could help?" I shook my head. 

I watched him from the ground as he stepped over me multiple times to maneuver the room. Eventually, he got sick of it and stepped straight on my stomach. I coughed, instinctively curling into a ball, clutching my aching tummy. 

"Oh, my bad. Didn't see you there."

"Uh huh. Sure you didn't..." We glared at each other before laughing. However, a ding from our communicators stopped our banter.

{iJevin died whilst escaping VintageBeef}

{VintageBeef} IM SO SORRY 

{Xisumavoid} what happened? are u guys alright?

{iJevin} WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT BEEF

{VintageBeef} I FORGOT

{iJevin} HOW DID U FORGET THAT WATER KILLS ME

{VintageBeef} IDK IT DIDNT CROSS MY MIND

{Xisumavoid} what happened?

{iJevin} The ***** hit me off my base into the ocean

{VintageBeef} it was just a joke!

{iJevin} A JOKE THAT KILLED ME

{VintageBeef} I FORGOT IT KILLS YOU

{Xisumavoid} both of you calm down and come to my base please.

{iJevin} k.

{VintageBeef} am I in trouble?

{Xisumavoid} no

"Well this will be interesting. Imma make some popcorn!" I got up from the floor, grabbed a bag of microwave popcorn, and tossed it in the microwave.

"Really, Z?"

"What?" Xisuma just shook his head at me as he went to grab his helmet.

A few minutes later, my popcorn was ready and a knock echoed through the room from the front door. I hopped over to it and opened it up, revealing a pissed Jevin. 

"Sup, Jevin," I greeted. In return he snarled and pushed past me into the house. "Good to see you to! How have you been?" The Limus shot me a glare. 

Thankfully, Xisuma came down the stairs a second later, now with his helmet on his head. 

"Aww, I'll miss seeing your beautiful face..." I pouted, teasing my brother.

"Wait, you let him see your face?" Jevin didn't say it but I knew what he was thinking.

You let him see your face, the crazy insane person, but not us? Your friends?

"Well, he is my twin. We share a face, so it would be a bit useless to hide it from him," he said with a smile. A smile we couldn't see but we could hear. "And he saw my face for years before we got our helmets." Xisuma's voice was calm and kind.

Jevin nodded, feeling a bit foolish.

A second later, Beef came rushing in, busting through the door at full speed, skidding to a stop right before he barreled into me. 

"What an entrance. Yeesh." I stuck my hand into the popcorn bag, pulling out a handful and shoving it into my mouth as I turned and headed to the couch. 

"Hey, Beef."

"Hi X...Am I in trouble?"

"No. It was just easier to talk in person than to type in chat." Jevin and Beef nodded. "So, would you mind telling me what happened?" 

Jevin glared at Beef, making him look at the floor, ashamed. 

"Come on. Chop chop. I ain't got all day."

"Xizara. Please don't start."

"Sir, yes, sir!" I saluted him.

Xisuma rolled his eyes before facing the two Hermits again. 

"Beef pushed me off my base into the ocean," Jevin spat.

"Oh come on! That's bullcrap! I didn't mean to!"

"How do you not mean to shove someone off the edge!?"

"I forgot it would kill you!"

"Oh, yeah. Sure! You forgot!"

"I did!"

"And maybe I forget that it would hurt you if I punched you in the mouth!"

They were face to face now, and I wouldn't be surprised if one of them swung a fist. Sadly, before they did, Xisuma stepped between them, pushing them away from on another.  

"Enough! There is no reason to fight."

"Do you know how bad water hurts!? And he shoved me into a freakin' ocean!"

"I understand. But he also said it was accidental."

"He straight up shoved me off the edge! How is that an accident?"

"Let me rephrase. He meant to push you off, but he didn't mean to kill you. He forgot it would hurt you." Xisuma turned to Beef. "Now, I am not saying what you did was okay. It is not. You need to think before you act, or you could end up really hurting someone." Beef nodded. Xisuma's voice sounded a little bit strained...

"I'm sorry Jevin... I really didn't mean to hurt you."

The Limus crossed his arms. "Tch...Whatever. You're fine."

"I am sorry..." 

Xisuma stepped back. 

I leaned forwards a little bit when I saw how heavily he was breathing. "X...?"

"I-I gotta go grab something," he pointed up the stairs before turning and rushing away, disappearing upstairs. 

I stood up, popcorn forgotten. "You guys can go now," I ushered the Hermits out the door before chasing my brother. 

I found Xisuma sitting on the floor, back against the wall, in the hallway upstairs. He had his head back, eyes closed, with his elbows on his knees. His helmet was discarded to the side. I crouched down in front of him. 

"Sorry...It's just- I needed..." He took a breathe. "It felt like I was suffocating in the helmet. I needed to get it off."

"That's fine. They both left, so you are free to go back downstairs."

"Thanks..."

"No problem. Are you sure you are okay?" 

He gave me a tiny nod. A minute later, he was asleep.

I smiled at the Admin, chuckling at how fast he dozed off.

As I sat there watching him, my smile slowly turned into a frown. 

He's been having nightmares...

Tch...

Poor guy.

Can't get enough sleep, sweetie? A little nightmare woke you up? 

Awwww...

How sad.

I stood abruptly. 

He thinks he has it hard. The idiot. 

Try living a nightmare for several months on end. We'll see how much sleep you get then.

Or better yet, let's let the Void use your mind as a personal chew toy and see how you turn out.

Hmm? Sound fun!

I sneered at him. How dare he think he had problems. All our lives, he's been handed everything, and now, the poor baby doesn't have the ability to withstand a tiny little nightmare.

Everyone just loved him so much... it took a serious toll on him...

It must be hard being loved...

I wouldn't know. I'm just Xisuma's clone.

Evil Xisuma.

The bad guy.

Pfft...

I'll show you a bad guy.

I pulled out my sword.

I'll give you something to be scared of.

~~

OOHHH HERE WE GOOOO

HOLD ONTO YOUR BUTTS BECAUSE IT'S ABOUT TO GO DOWN!

I had so much trouble with this chapter and still not very happy with it, but I wanted it finished so I can get to the fun parts xD

~Buh-Bye!! 💛💛

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.1K 525 76
Hello, and welcome to my oneshots book! I write Hermitcraft fanfiction, with a side of shenanigans from Hermittpad and (recently) Empires. Started in...
29.2K 1.3K 40
(Cover by someone else who's not me- and I have no clue who they are) (Also, I MIGHT create a new personality for the hermits, since I have trouble w...
36.5K 676 23
Hi. This is a Hermitcraft book! I do some pretty terrible writing, and If you like it, I thank you. Occasionally I will post some AU ideas and that...
45.6K 1.5K 28
The admins and The Watchers have been fighting a creature called "Error" for a while. Once again Error has been defeated temporarily. A young Watcher...