Mrs Mikaelson

By ACourtOfStories

Throughout the last thousand years of being a vampire, everyone always thought that Niklaus Mikaelson was mer... More

Prologue
Damon Forgets That His Enemies Always Have A Backup Plan
Plan B - Stands For Breaking A Thousand-Year-Old Curse
You Gotta Love Mother Nature
Isa Gets A New Pet
Hunting Werewolves Is Rather Fun
Scratch That - Torturing Werewolves Is Even More Fun Than Hunting Them
Isa Makes Her Pet Play Fetch
A Hybrid Walks Into A Bar, Says To The Bartender...
Stefan Makes Liam Grant Drink His Wife
Rebekah Has A Dramatic Exit And Entrance
Lying To A Woman Is Already Stupid, But Lying To A Supernatural Woman...
Prank Night Party Crashers
Tick Tock Goes The Gym Clock
Oh Dear...Daddy's Dead
Old Men Fight Over A Coffin
Stefan Is Once Again On His Way To Murder Elena
Elijah Wakes Up To Get Beaten Up
Dinner And A Show - A Story, Actually - And Some Party Crashers
Give Me Love
Kol's Sister Is A Strumpet And His Brother Tries To Kill Him
The Ice Demon's Signature Party Trick
The Death Of A Boar/ A Boring Death
Desiccation for Dummies: A Step-by-Step Guide to Ruining Immortal Lives
Daffodil Drama
Nik Jumps And Dumps Bodies
Hunters, Hybrids and Hijinks
The Cure Quest - Because Vampires Are Clearly Into DIY Medical Solutions
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
The King and Queen of New Orleans
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Norway, 977 A.D
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Epilogue
A/N
A/N

Chapter 35

30.1K 730 168
By ACourtOfStories

When Isa and Nik revealed the news that they were indeed expecting and that the witches weren't lying, Elijah and Katherine were ecstatic for the couple. As was Rebekah, who was on her way into the city, despite her reservations about the place, to help her sister prepare for her child. Nik, however, had been a bit of a mess. The witches were obviously up to something, wanting Marcel removed from power rather than killed. And they held Isa's life and the life of her child in their hands, something Nik would never risk. So, to take Marcel down, Nik first needed to gain his trust, something he couldn't do if Marcel didn't trust him because he was unnerved by the number of Original vampires in town.

And in order to help his family, Elijah willingly agreed to let Niklaus dagger him and hand him over to Marcel as a peace offering. He had made a promise to protect Isa and that child no matter the cost, he owed them that, and if being daggered was what that promise called for, he'd do it.

Katherine wasn't too happy about it, so she busied herself helping Isa unpack her things as well as everything else in the plantation house, seeing as Nik refused to let his wife do anything on her own. If Nik was protective before, it was nothing compared to the way he was now. He refused to let Isa do any lifting whatsoever, be it heavy or light. He refused to let her skip meals regardless of her mortality status and made sure she slept for at least eight hours every night. But worst of all, he'd banned her from wearing heels. He'd even gone so far as to abscond with every pair she owned and hide them away.

Today though, was the day when two good things happened. Rebekah finally arrived and Nik was taking Isa to see her son after so many years.

Isa had been heartbroken thinking Marcel had perished at Mikael's hand in the New Orleans fires of 1919. To hear he was alive was shocking, and Isa wasn't too comfortable with the whole coup thing against him, but for now, she couldn't wait to see her son.

Nik had finally told Marcel he'd found Isa held captive by several witches, who'd kept her neck snapped so she wouldn't try to escape. He hadn't bothered to find out what they had wanted before promptly slaughtering them all and retrieving his wife. And after a day of recuperation, she was ready to see Marcel. At least that was the story they fed Marcel. He couldn't find out about her being pregnant, not just yet.

Isa was tucked under Nik's arm as he walked her into the compound, their old compound they designed from scratch, now crawling with Marcel's nightwalkers. And despite Nik's protests, Isa had to be in heels for this or else Marcel would've known something was off.

Her stiletto heels clicked on the concrete, tight leggings, a flowy metallic gold top, and a leather jacket adorned her body, her lips and nails painted blood red. It was the sound of her heels that attracted the attention of the vampires, her hand that was joined with Nik's making eyes widen and it was then that the seas parted.

Marcel hadn't changed. He looked the same as she had last seen him, eyes, smile. His voice was a nostalgic harmony when it graced her ears.

"Well, what do we have here? he asked, smirking, and then his eyes landed on Isa. "Hi, Mom," he said, his smile now small as Isa pulled her hand from Nik's.

"Hello, Marcellus." She embraced her son, relief coursing through her as she wrapped her arms around his neck, one hand cradling his head to her. "My little warrior," she mumbled as they pulled apart, his face in her hands.

"I'm glad you're okay, Mom," Marcel smiled, a smile he reserved solely for Isa, but a smile that faded as he turned and addressed his vampires, their hands still joined.

"This woman, is Isa Mikaelson. And she is my mother, she made me everything I am. So, any harm comes to her and the punishment won't be the Garden," he announced, and grim looks decorated the vampires' faces as they heeded his threat.

Isa cupped his cheek with her free hand. "You're very sweet, Marcellus. I'm quite impressed at the operation you have running here," she praised, and Marcel's smile grew as he felt his mother's pride.

"Nothing I haven't learned from the two of you," he answered as he gestured from her to Nik.

"Not that I don't love that you're here, but why are you? Usually, Klaus would have you as far from any place that caused you harm as possible," he asked, and Isa smiled sadly as she squeezed her son's hand.

"The witches didn't just kidnap me. They performed some sort of spell. It linked me to them, my life. If we retaliate or leave town, they kill the person I'm linked to. If they die, I die," she explained and Marcel's face darkened, borderline murderous. "Marcellus there's more," she said, and his eyes widened at her words. "The link had some side effects. I don't have my speed or strength or compulsion, or even the bloodlust. They took it from me," she admitted, and she could feel her husband tense somewhere behind her.

"Well until we get you unlinked, so long as you're in my city, no harm will come to you. You have my word," he promised, and Isa hugged her son again.

"Thank you, Marcellus," she sighed contently before a thought occurred to her. "I have something of yours," she said as she pulled away, reaching into her pocket for a silver ring, the word Marcellus inscribed with the Mikaelson 'M' on the inside of the band. "Mikael pulled this ring off what we thought was your body after the opera house burnt down. We thought you were dead," she revealed softly as she held the ring, a single tear falling down her face.

Nik was staring at the floor, fists balled as his mind raged in an internal war about what he was going to do, about what he was being forced to do.

Marcel held up his hand and Isa slid the ring back onto his middle finger on his right hand. "I'm right here, Mom," he promised as wrapped her into another hug and it was like everything became better, breathing was easier, and his vision became clearer. He smiled at her as they pulled away. "Come on, let's eat. The best New Orleans has to offer," he smiled, flourishing his arms as compelled servants began bringing out food, Isa's mouth already salivating as her stomach conveniently growled. The sound of his wife needing food snapped Nik out of his thoughts as he reached out and took Isa's hand.

Isa couldn't help it as she smiled, her heart warming as she held her husband's hand and her son's hand, together for the first time in over a century. And her smile was infectious to the two men. Together again. Happy, and together again.

*****************************************************************

After dining with Marcel and catching up on the last century, the couple had returned home. Marcel had been hesitant about them leaving, but Nik had insisted, saying that Isa needed her rest seeing as she was essentially human. He had calmed when Isa had given him the address to where they were staying, the old plantation house that they'd lived in back when they first arrived in New Orleans. The house where Marcel grew up. Marcel had also promised to look into the whole witch link thing and see if he could help. Isa thanked him but cautioned him against it, not wanting him to be anywhere near the witches seeing as he was the one they were against.
Isa was entertaining the idea of telling Marcel everything more and more. They could stage a fake coup, pretend that Nik was in power of a city he was more than happy to watch his son rule, and hopefully get Isa unlinked so they could slaughter every witch in the Quarter that would dare hurt their child. She had made a note to bring the idea up to Nik later on because that was the moment that Rebekah had strolled through the front door.

"Bekah!" Isa yelled in joy as she jogged down the stairs and the two girls wrapped each other in a hug.

"Sister!" Rebekah exclaimed as she gently squeezed her sister before backing away and taking in her appearance. "Here I was hoping for some supernatural baby bump as proof my brother knocked you up, but I guess you're not showing yet," she admitted and Isa gently whacked her arm. "No, but seriously, you being pregnant does explain all the weird stuff that was going on with you. The high heels for example," she said pointedly as she stared at Isa's slipper-clad feet.

"Yeah, well blame your brother for that. He refuses to let me wear heels since he found out I was pregnant. Makes sure I never skip a meal, that I take these vitamins, get enough sleep, and do nothing physical whatsoever. It was attractive at first but now it's borderline overbearing," she complained as Rebekah smiled, trying not to laugh.

"Well excuse me for being concerned with the wellbeing of my wife and unborn child," came Nik's voice as he walked into the room. "Welcome back to New Orleans, little sister," he said as he took his turn to hug her.

"Yes, well, I don't plan on sightseeing. My sole purpose of being here is to help prepare for my dear niece's arrival," she said as she pulled away from her brother.

"And how are you so sure that it will not be a boy?" Nik asked and Rebekah scoffed.

"Please. As if the world needs a mini-you, when it can grace us with another Isa," she said, and Isa laughed as Nik glared at her before jerking her to his side. He was about to retort or say some smooth, charming line when his phone rang. He reached for the device as his wife's eyes widened as she held her stomach and Katherine appeared out of nowhere with a bucket in hand. She held it under Isa's mouth just in time for the woman to throw up all she'd eaten as Nik swept back her hair and gently eased her onto her knees as she heaved.

"This happens every now and again. Welcome back, Rebekah," Katherine said to a worried Rebekah.

After about three rounds of vomiting, Isa fell into Nik's arms, exhausted. "So that's what being pregnant feels like," she murmured, Nik wiping the sweat from her brow with a handkerchief.

Nik hated to leave her, but he had to if he was going to save her and their baby. And he did take solace in the company he was leaving her with. "Katerina, Bekah, would you mind getting Isa upstairs and into bed? And see if she can keep a few crackers down? There are some in the cupboard in the kitchen. I'm going to go and see if I can get her some human medicine and then stop by to see Marcel. I'll be back shortly," he said as he kissed Isa's forehead, the woman already falling asleep.

The girls nodded. "She'll be alright. Go get our brother back from Marcel," Rebekah said as they slowly shifted Isa into Katherine's arms.
"Marcellus," Isa murmured in her sleep, her dreams taking her back to when she first met her son.

*****************************************************************
New Orleans, 1820
*****************************************************************
Nik had killed Emilio, the governor's son. Rebekah had fallen in love with him and had wanted to turn him so they could be together forever, but Isa had discovered Emilio's true intentions. He wanted Rebekah to turn him, so he could turn another woman, the woman he was truly in love with, and be with her forever. Nik had killed Emilio when he'd found out, and Isa had killed Emilio's lover. It was actually quite poetic that they framed it as a classic Romeo and Juliet suicide.
Rebekah had been heartbroken but thankful for her family protecting her. Better to have been made a fool of now than made a fool of when Emilio had turned that woman.
The Original family walked with the funeral procession, the women keeping up appearances and pretending to cry, when Isa heard screams. She had wiped her tears when she stopped to see a fair-skinned man atop a horse, whipping a small dark-skinned boy. His screams of pain made her tears want to flow again for real because she could hear every emotion that came out with it. Nik, along with Elijah and Rebekah, had stopped too, shocked by the sight.
Isa grew angry, but her husband reacted first, angered at the sight. He saw the small boy being beaten and all he could see was himself being beaten by his father. The small boy had tried to fight back, taking an apple and throwing it at the man, who recovered from the hit to the shoulder and raised the whip again. The boy braced himself, but the hit never came.
Nik picked up a stone and threw it with as much force as he could muster, the rock flying straight through the centre of the man's forehead and went flying out the back of his head, clean through his skull. He fell off his horse, dead, as the little boy looked up in shock and fear and relief at his dead body.
Isa walked towards him slowly, gently lifting the skirts of her dress as Nik followed, and she crouched by him. She could smell the blood from his lash wounds and see the pain in his eyes as she said to him softly, "My name is Isa, what is yours?"
His tattered open shirt blew in the breeze as he looked from Isa to where Nik stood behind her, his eyes returning to the woman as Rebekah and Elijah watched in intrigue. "Don't got one," he answered. "Mama wouldn't name me till I turned 10, in case the fever took me. Then it took her," he admitted, face saddened as he looked to the ground.
Nik bent to Isa's side. "You're a survivor," he said to the boy. "And survivors need names."
Isa thought for a moment before saying, "How about Marcellus?"
"Marcellus?" the boy asked curiously.
Nik gave a small smile to his wife as he said, "It comes from 'Mars'. The god of war."
He then stood, helping Isa to her feet as she said, "It means little warrior."
She extended her hand to the boy, giving him a small reassuring smile as Nik did the same. The boy turned to look back at the dead body of the man who beat him before coming to his decision. He took their hands and they gently helped him to his feet, the three of them smiling at each other. The beginning of their little family.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4K 255 15
𝐋𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐌𝐨𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐫, daughter of Lucifer Morningstar, is forced to live on Earth by her father, in attempts to let her explore people...
84K 1.8K 55
Before you read the summary of this book I would like you all to know that there is a NEW VERSION of this book that has a better plotline, more origi...
183K 4.7K 72
This is the collection of little one-shot stories from the end of Mrs Mikaelson, so I recommend reading that book first before you read this one. Fe...
110K 2.9K 22
"she is alive but she isn't the same" in which the dead mikaelson comes back to life ▪▪▪ the vampire diaries - au [slow updates] started - March 14...