Idol Life ( Male Reader x KPO...

By JichuAegi

Hey, you know almost the whole industry of female idols! What a playboy... During your stint as an idol, many... More

1. | Coffee and Girls
1.5 | Short Disclaimer
2. | Produce 202
3. | Surprise
4. | An Official Start
5. | New Girls
6. | Foreign Trouble
7. | Puppy Love
8. | Back To Work
9. | Running Man
10. | Panorama
12. | Countdown Race 2
13. | Music Bank
14. | Warming up, SweE troubles
15. | Disbandment
16. | Bad To Worse
17. | JYP Ent.
18. | Truth
19. | Blackpink Fansign
20. | GP999, Another Chance
21. | Seoul Performing Arts (SOPA)
22. | A Visit To Starship

11. | Countdown Race

2.4K 61 12
By JichuAegi

(dialogue style might be a little different because of the amount of people)

"Guests, please come out!" Jaesuk said, and all 6 of us started streaming out from behind the wall, as the members acted surprised at the star-studded lineup.

After introductions, the PD started talking.

PD: Welcome to the Countdown Race. Notice these phones in front of you? Please take one each.

I looked at the table and noticed the 14 handphones laid in front on the table, and took one without hesitation. Everyone soon followed after.

PD: Now, look at your phone and don't show it to anyone. This will be your collective time today. Through games, you will either lose time, earn extra time or get to steal other people's time. There are powered stations on the second floor of this SBS building hidden in a room, and once you sit on any one of these stations, your time will pause.

Somin: So people who had picked a timer with little time, must be stationed there?

Jaesuk: Seems like our Somin has picked an unlucky phone.

Kwangsoo: No doubt about that.

PD: You have to plan accordingly on how you want to use your time, because at the end of the games will be the final mission, the Countdown Race, which I will explain later on. Once your timer runs out, you will be eliminated and you will switch roles to be a staff and help us out with filming.

Me: Wow, that means no screentime..

Kwangsoo: This is a tragedy for Sukjin

Sukjin: Yah, I picked a good amount of time, y'all get ready to lose to me

Jongkook: Are you sure?

Sukjin: *nervous laughter*

PD: And your time starts ticking now!

Everyone was stunned at the sudden rule and rushed to the second floor, except for BLACKPINK and Yura.

Yura: Yah, I haven't been here before, I don't know how to navigate this place!

BLACKPINK: Me too

The rest of the girls started looking at me, and then I started running. Today is a solo race isn't it, I shall drain their time.

Jisoo: YAH! GET BACK HERE PABO

Jennie: I'm a-already tired :(

Rosé: YAH, wait up!

I ignored their pleas and closed the elevator on them, sticking out my tongue in the process.

The warm hearted me is gone today, I have to win.

I finally found the room with the stations and immediately sat down.

Jaesuk: The girls are going to lose a ton of time

Haha: Let's get it!

After a whole 10 minutes, the trope of girls finally arrived, and they eyes locked onto me with a fiery expression.

Yura: *curses* Y/N is a pabo!

I was too shocked that Yura cursed on live television to react as the Running Man crew all burst into laughter.

I received 6 slaps on the back as Jennie double hit me, before the PD explained the rules for the first game.

But before he could even speak, Jaesuk stripped Kwangsoo off his sweater and threw it on the floor, making Kwangsoo have to lose time to pick it up.

While doing so, Jaesuk unplugged the power for his station, and the studio ripped into laughter for the dynamic duo's cheating antics.

Kwangsoo: Yah, you *curses* punk

PD: For the first game, we will be splitting you into two groups of seven. A different picture frame will be given to each group with 7 hidden objects. Each player must find one and head up to the 16th floor office to find what they mentioned and come back here. The team who completes all 7 first wins the game and will get to spin the roulette. The team who loses automatically deducts 20 minutes.

After the PD's words, the roulette was pushed by the staff into the center.

I scanned the roulette and noticed three options. "Lose all your betted time" , "Gain double of your betted time" and "Steal the amount of betted time from a player of your choice"

PD: As you can see, there are 2 red options, which means it harms you. There are 4 blue options, which means it benefits you. The winner can bet any amount of time of what they have and time will be added or subtracted based on the roulette option rolled.

I sighed, knowing there was 1/3 chance of losing time even if we win.

The teams were then chosen by the PD in random order.

Me
Jisoo
Jongkook
Jaesuk
Kwangsoo
Jihyo
Yura

The rest were then placed in the other group.

I thought that our team definitely had the advantage as we only had two members who would have a hard time navigating for the 16th floor, unlike the other team who has 3.

Sechan: Yah.. this team composition isn't fair. You guys have the strong man, the cheating duo and Y/N. We have Sukjin!

Sechan said as he sighed again, as I agreed. It really was a bit overloaded on power on our side, but do I care?

We aligned ourselves in the position we wanted before the game commenced. First up was our team Jihyo against opposition Sechan.

Jihyo easily found a spoon hidden in the grass patch and dashed off, while Sechan was stuck.

timeskip

It was now 5-3 to our favour, thanks to Jongkook's quick lightning speed.

Up next was Kwangsoo against Somin, which was going to be a big match.

Somin was going over to look at her painting, before Kwangsoo grabbed it and threw it to Jaesuk, who threw it even further.

Somin: YAHH

While Somin was busy going over to pick the painting up, Kwangsoo found the hidden item and made a run for it.

Damn, cheating can get you anywhere.

timeskip

After Jaesuk successfully managed to come back in a short amount of time, the pressure mounted on me as the last player.

We had quite an advantage, going 6-5 , Rosé and Jennie were last for their team.

Rosé was already on the 16th floor I presumed, so I gathered my pace and focus on the painting. Finally, finding the hidden camera in the chimney. I rushed towards the 16th floor, taking the secret lift and headed towards the office.

Once I arrived, I found Rosé still trying to look for a hairpin.

As if on cue, my hand brushed against a hairpin. I smirked. Time to learn from Kwangsoo.

I kept the hairpin in my pocket and found a camera under the desk. After, I was going to walk out when Rosé came to me pouting.

Rosé: Y/N-ah, I can't find the hairpin, please help me..

She said, before giving me puppy eyes.

It took a lot of self control to not give in, but as I walked out, I held the hairpin between my two fingers and taunted her.

Me: Is this what you are looking for?

Rosé looked at me and immediately screamed at me , before I ran away back to the room, with her on my tail.

Me: I'M BACK!

I threw the camera into the box, and our team was declared winner.

Rosé: HE STOLE THE HAIRPIN THAT I WAS FINDING!

Jaesuk and Kwangsoo gave me a five, as they both knew it was something they would do too.

Sechan: Wah!! Y/N is another verson of Kwangsoo..

It was then Jihyo pointed out that Sukjin had not been at his station for the past few mins and was standing up.

Kwangsoo: This guy definitely has a lot of time

Jaesuk: Everyone should try to steal from him

Sukjin: Steal from me! I have so much time that everyone can steal from me and I won't get eliminated still.

Author POV

Sukjin acted tough, but his total amount of time?

—-0:17:21—- (only readers know, members don't!) (btw this means 17 minutes 21 seconds)

It was time for the winning team to spin the roulette, and first came Kwangsoo.

Kwangsoo: I bet 50 minutes

Everyone "oooh"-ed him, because 50 minutes is quite a lot of time, and that must have meant Kwangsoo has a lot of time right?

He spinned it, and because he is the unlucky god, he got on lose all betted time.

Kwangsoo: *curses*

After everyone went, it was time for Y/N to spin it.

Y/N: I bet 2 hours

The whole studio erupted in shock, as Y/N made a very risky high risk high reward play.

He spinned it, and it was landing on the red option, until a gust of wind changed the trajectory of the roulette into the option "steal amount of betted time from another player"

Y/N: I choose Jisoo! She earned quite a fair bit just now.

Jisoo: YAH! I SWEAR I'LL GET BACK AT YOU, DON'T DO THIS.

Y/N: I choose Jisoo.

PD: Alright, Y/N has added 2 hours to his timer, while Jisoo has minus 2 hours. However, she is still alive.

Haha: She must have chose a phone with 24 hours or something

Kwangsoo: Target locked.

PD: Let's eat lunch now

to be continued

TIME RANKINGS

Sukjin: 0:17:21 after 20 minutes deduction
Y/N: ??? (+2 hours)
Jihyo: ??? (+35 minutes)
Jongkook: ??? (+10 minutes)
Yura: ??? (+5 minutes)
Jaesuk: ??? (-20 minutes)
Somin: ??? (-20 minutes)
Sechan: ??? (-20 minutes)
Haha: ??? (-20 minutes)
Lisa: ??? (-20 minutes)
Jennie: ??? (-20 minutes)
Rosé: ??? (-20 minutes)
Kwangsoo: ??? (-50 minutes)
Jisoo: ??? (-1 hour)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.6K 223 24
❛❛ 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙡𝙪𝙘𝙠𝙮 𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙧𝙢𝙨‚ ❞ 𝘪𝘯 𝘸𝘩𝘪𝘤𝘩 𝘭𝘢𝘷𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘦𝘳 𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘵𝘢𝘪𝘯𝘮𝘦𝘯𝘵 𝘥𝘦𝘣𝘶𝘵𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘪𝘳 𝘧𝘪𝘳𝘴𝘵 𝘨𝘪𝘳𝘭 𝘨𝘳𝘰...
88.5K 1.4K 28
A collection of girl group imagines. ✧・゚: *✧・゚:*・゚✧*:・゚✧・゚: *✧・゚:*・゚✧*:゚✧ Features all your favorite girl groups, and even your favorite soloists! P...
86.7K 1.6K 37
You used to live in America with your brother, Jiyong and your sister, Yoona and your childhood friends, Jimin, Youngjae, and Chen, your brother 's f...
53.7K 598 27
After you bought another company in South Korea, you decided to settle down there. You never thought you would become one of the richest men in the c...