The Life Of A Quiet Girl✅

By Olajumoke_writes

(ʙᴏᴏᴋ #1, ʜᴏᴏᴋɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴀɴ ʙᴏʏꜱ ꜱᴇʀɪᴇꜱ) Curiosity is a willing, a proud, and eager confession of ignorance... More

COPYRIGHT
Book One Of Hooking The DAN Boys series
PROLOGUE
Chapter 01- Raindrops
Chapter 02- Fear
Chapter 03- Brown Eyes
Chapter 04- Derrick
Chapter 05- Princess
Chapter 06- Resolution
Chapter 07- The Instructor
Chapter 08- Sorry
Chapter 09- Who Is He?
Chapter 10- Toast
Chapter 11- GrowUp
Chapter 12- Cramps&Hormones
Chapter 13- Anonymous
Chapter 14- Hoodies
Chapter 15- Pizza On A Date
Chapter 16- Humble
Chapter 17- Pills 321
Chapter 18- Butterfly kiss
Chapter 19- Busted
Chapter 20- Face Time
Chapter 21- Anonymous
Chapter 22- Murderer
Chapter 23- Memories
Chapter 24- Hooked
Chapter 25- If Only
Chapter 26- Lonesome Man
Chapter 27- The Letter
Chapter 28- Arguments
Chapter 29- Bad Guy
Chapter 30- Blackmail
Chapter 31- Mine
Chapter 33- Witty, Smart And A Talkative
Chapter 34- Curious Girlfriend
Author's Note
New Book Alert!

Chapter 32- Love

320 57 28
By Olajumoke_writes

·٠•●♥  ♥●•٠··٠•●♥  ♥●•٠··٠•●♥  ♥●•٠··٠•●♥  ♥●•
A//N: This Scenario is Kayla's experience before the rescue.
·٠•●♥  ♥●•٠··٠•●♥  ♥●•٠··٠•●♥  ♥●•٠··٠•●♥  ♥●•·

Kayla's POV

"What do you mean by he's not at the center?" A voice spoke in a calm tone.

There was a long pause.

"Okay fine continue asking around. What about Queen?" The voice continued.

Another pause but shorter this time around.

"Good I want her out of that place until all these dies down."

These were the words that drifted to my ears as I slowly regained consciousness. Everywhere looked hazy at first, I had to blink a couple more times before the place became clear. There was this burning sensation down my throat which made me extremely thirsty.

I saw a bottled water on a table just directly opposite me. I proceeded to reach out but a sharp pain across my arms down to my legs pinned me to remain in same position. I hissed out lowly as I saw ropes upon ropes, that had me tied me to a chair.

Before I could shout for help, I felt a repetitive bang inside my head, which was worse than a headache.

"Look who's awake." The voice I heard earlier, spoke once again.

I raise my eyes to find a figure come to stand directly in front of me, looking all menacing.

"Phillip?" I gasp. Its a wonder how I was able to recognize him with the pain in my head.

"It's a Mister, learn to be respectful."

I gave an inward snort. Respect my ass.

"Why am I confined to this chair?" I asked, wincing just as the throbbing in my head increased. I'm also in need of water, seriously.

"I'm not a fan of folktales, but all I know is that you poked your nose where you weren't supposed to." He had a crooked smile on.

Memories began to flash in bits. This made the pounding even worse. How long have I been out? I think I'm gonna pass out again, as the pain is becoming unbearable.

"C— Can I g— get water?" I stammered.

A loud cackle ensued while I just sat down there watching him.

I don't think I said anything funny or am I missing something?

"She said she needs water, Scorpion can you hear that?" He didn't seem to be asking me as his gaze had strayed above my head.

"Yes sir. I think we should grant her last wish before she's six feet under." A second voice which came from behind, spoke up.

I jerked my head to find a not so tall but muscular man walk towards me. He had a very ugly scar starting from his forehead down to his jaw, like he had been all too lucky not to have been slashed in the eyeballs.

I turned back to look at Phillip, who looked like he was enjoying my discomfort, "are you gonna kill me or something?" I couldn't help the fear that washed through me.

"You know too much for me to let you walk out of here freely."

"Like what? That you use drugs to kill people? Is that how you're gonna kill me too?" I all but shouted which backfired because my throat felt like it was gonna tear. I really needed that water now. Even my saliva had dried up.

I watched Phillip's expression. For the first time, I didn't see a calm look, rather I saw a look of surprise mixed with fear but that was wiped off immediately.

"This is your water." The scorpion guy said, before Philip could utter a word. He was directly in my face now, holding the bottled water.

He opened the cap and nudged me to open my mouth. I was about sipping when he swiftly raised his hands higher and poured the liquid on my hair letting it flow down from my hair to my clothes.

I hissed at the sudden impact. I really didn't see that coming.

"That's for talking to my boss in such rude manner." Scorpion said again with an evil smirk.

I wanted to respond, but I was busy licking off the water that had trickled to my lips.

Phillip pushed him out of his way, I guess he had come out of his shocked expression, "What do you mean by people? How much do you know?"

"I don't appreciate you all up in my face and draining me with spit, Phillip." It was my turn to smirk.

"Goddammit!" He exclaimed, sending the bottle flying across the room and hitting the wall.

Someone's got a temper, I see.

"Don't you have respect?"

"You keep going on about this so called respect. Snap out of it Phillip, you deserve none!"

"You know I'll still kill you right?" He said, jeering.

"I don't care!"

I really do care, but I don't want him knowing that. It's just quite unfortunate that I wouldn't see my family or Derrick before I die. I really wish I had not argued with him yesterday.

"Fierce. I likey. So what about the people?"

"You know you're evil right? Sending those people to do your dirty jobs. First it was Njokwu and now Queen."

He gasped, "how did you know about Njokwu? Derrick had said something yeah. I knew I should have killed him when I had the chance? Maybe after you, he's next."

"Leave Derrick out of this! He knows nothing!" I was riled up. He knew he had hit a sore spot.

"Love. Love is beautiful as well as disastrous. You would do anything to protect your loved ones." He looked proud as he stroked his beard less jaw.

"I'm serious, stay away from him, he doesn't know a thing. I knew this because I had witnessed him do one of your dirty jobs ten years ago."

He looked calculative all of a sudden, "Ten years ago? Sarah Ade?"

"Wow I'm surprised to know you remember. How many have you killed? Thousands?"

"Shut up!" He hissed, clearly offended. "I must let you know I don't kill anyone unless there's really a need to or they cross my path."

"What did Sarah Ade do to deserve your cruelty?"

"She had taken the position I wanted."

"Bloddy Murderer! There was always a next time."

Wham!

I felt a sting feeling across my cheeks where Philip had hit me. Tears welled up in my eyes, but I fought hard to let none drop.

"Don't call me that. What did you think? There was no next time. I had been planning to get my hands on that position for four years, but Sarah had breezed into the picture and she was handed the position on a platter of gold while I had been working my ass out for four good years." Phillip vented, looking so angry.

"That still does not justify your actions." I managed to say.

"And I really don't need your opinion." He stated. His face now look less angry and more hungry.

I noticed him lick his lips as he stared at my chest. I looked down to find the water had made my cloth wet and transparent making my polkadot bra visible. I really wanted to cover up from the disgusting eyes but my tied hands wouldn't let me.

"Don't you have shame?" I questioned, feeling sick as he continued to ogle my bosom.

"Oh like this?" His voice sounded husky as he grabbed my left boobs.

"Get away from me you snake!" I pushed the chair backwards, which made a scraping noise.

"Don't go anywhere, let me feel you," he said, advancing towards me.

He crouched at my foot and made to grab me but I wasn't letting that happen. I spat on his face. He started to thrash about loudly. This gave me the time to continue pushing the chair backwards.

"Now where do you think you're going." I stilled immediately from scorpions words, I had forgotten he was behind me. He grabbed hold of the chair. "Be a good girl and let the boss have you so we can finally take turns." He breathed down my ears.

We? These people are sick in the head. This is the more reason I need to get out of here. I'd rather die than let these people have their way with me.

"You will pay for this bitch!" Phillip was charging towards me once again and he started to pull at my blouse.

Hissing, "get the hell away from me you disgusting pig." I shouted trying to bite off his hands.

But Phillip wasn't to be dissuaded as he wore a basilisk stare all the while, trying to rip off my clothes.

There was a ripping sound. I realized it was the sound from my top being torn, making me bare. I don't know how but I started to move my body around crazily trying to release both my hands and legs.

I heard someone shout but I noticed that didn't sound like it came from Phillip, Scorpion or even me. It sounded far off but Phillip didn't really pay attention as he started to pull at my trousers.

He has gone mad.

"Hey! whats causing all the commotion out there? The boss is trying to enjoy himself here!" It was scorpion who yelled. He hadn't finish speaking when I heard a loud bang.

Phillip heard it too because he cursed loudly and looked behind to see what had caused the interruption. His hand stilled almost immediately and he stood up.

"What the hell! How did you get in here? How did you even know this place?" He looked furious as he started to walk away from me.

I tried taking a peek from behind Scorpion, towards the direction the noise had come from. I found a guy who had an intense look with his hands in a fist. Then there was another guy who had the face that stopped you dead in your tracks. Then Korede, wait what's she doing here. I saw her immediately spraying something at Phillip. She looked determined.

That was unexpected.

Then there was another figure but I couldn't quite see the face as scorpion's body was obstructing. But not to worry, he moved immediately to go to Phillip's aid.

Then I saw him. We locked gazes instantly. I almost cried out in relief, but the shame of him having to see me like this was hitting hard at me.

He was by my side in a flash, pulling off his clothes and wrapping it around me and then he started to free the ropes. He was muttering somethings but I was too focused on him to pay attention.

Immediately my hands were free, my arms wrapped around him, as I let out a sob and another. I didn't want to let go, the pain of not seeing him again when I thought I was going to die was setting in.

I loved him so much but words failed me as my throat felt really tight.

"I love you so much, princess."

Everything happened in a flash after that, there was a gunshot, followed by a scream. Derrick pushing me beneath the desk promising to come back, but I wanted to see what was happening.

I regretted immediately because the sight of blood got me sick. The pain, coming from my back head was worse than before. I was getting dizzy but tried as much as not to slip off into a state of unconsciousness.

"Everyone freeze!" Someone shouted. From my blurry state, I could make out men in black with guns.

"Derrick." I breathed, trying to remain focused. That didn't last long as another wave of dizziness crashed into me and I couldn't fight my eyes to stay opened any longer.

I felt my self going down, bracing myself for the impact but that didn't happen, because someone caught me.

"Princess please stay awake. Somebody help!"

That was the last thing I heard before darkness enveloped me once more.

.
.
Another chapter doneeee.

So much going on I know. Just like you I want the sad vibes to end.
I hope it will.

Who can feel the book slowly coming to an end? I can though.

Next chapter coming right up.

Don't forget to Vote, comment and share to your friends.

σʅαʝυɱσƙҽ_ɯɾιƚҽʂ.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.7K 1K 35
Ten different lives. Two boys. One night that'll bring them all together. Sixteen year old Nosa is okay with being a loner. He doesn't have social a...
18.5M 2.1K 7
***Please note that this book has been taken down because it's been published, and you can see only the sample chapters of the published version. Yo...
1.9K 86 30
I fell for a boy with the kindest blue eyes, and a charming dimple. He made me feel loved, and cared for, and most importantly he made me feel safe i...
188 41 26
A collection of short stories 1) THABISA Tunde is gay, and Jabulani has his eyes on him. Angry eyes, filled with weird desires. All his life, Tunde h...