Memory of the Sun

By Zombiegirl777

A young healer is captured by Frieza and his men before they destroy her home planet. What will her life be l... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1: A Traumatic Past
Chapter 2: A Timeskip & A Jump
Chapter 3: Sassy Bois Don't Get Candy
Chapter 4: Decision Made
Chapter 5: Gotta Go Fast
Chapter 6: Vengeance & Vendettas
Chapter 7: Meeting Bulma
Chapter 8: Help From New Friends
Chapter 9: Elder Guru's Blessing
Chapter 10: Dragonballs & A Hostage
Chapter 11: Saiyan Temper Tantrum
Chapter 12: Maybe We Could Get Along
Chapter 13: Or Not
Chapter 14: The Ginyu Force
Chapter 15: Fight To Survive
Chapter 16: A New Technique
Chapter 17: Reinforcements To The Rescue
Chapter 18: It's Goku!
Chapter 19: Like Musical Chairs But With Souls
Chapter 20: Summoning Porunga & Piccolo
Chapter 21: A Gruesome Battle
Chapter 23: A New Start
Chapter 24: Fluff & Fun Times
Chapter 25: Incoming Nightmare
Chapter 26: Frieza's Return
Chapter 27: Another Super Saiyan
Chapter 28: The Waiting Game
Chapter 29: Another Challenge On The Horizon
Chapter 30: Driving School
Chapter 31: Visiting The Briefs
Chapter 32: Visiting The Briefs (Part 2)
Chapter 33: I Care About You
Chapter 34: Training & Togetherness
Chapter 35: Z Fighters vs. The Androids
Chapter 36: Z Fighters vs. The Andriods (Part 2)
Chapter 37: Z Fighters vs. The Androids (Part 3)
Chapter 38: Z Fighters vs. The Androids (Part 4)
Chapter 39: Z Fighters vs. The Androids (Part 5)
Chapter 40: Z Fighters vs. The Androids (Part 6)
Chapter 41: False Threat
Chapter 42: Race to Dr. Gero's Lab
Chapter 43: Another Android & An Angry Saiyan
Chapter 44: Vegeta vs. 18
Chapter 45: A Defeat & New Options
Chapter 46: A Long Lost Friend
Chapter 47: Goku's Nightmare
Chapter 48: Kami's Hesitation & Another Great Evil
Chapter 49: Reunions & Goodbyes
Chapter 50: A Disturbance
Chapter 51: It's Going Down In Ginger Town
Chapter 52: Making Moves
Chapter 53: Tragic Tales & Family Ties
Chapter 54: The Hyperbolic Time Chamber
Chapter 55: Piccolo vs. 17
Chapter 56: Luna vs. Cell
Chapter 57: Luna vs. Cell 2: Transformation Boogaloo

Chapter 22: A Gruesome Battle (Part 2)

1K 23 0
By Zombiegirl777

...

It was a beautiful day... It was warm, sunny and the soft summer breeze was blowing ever so slightly as three children ran through a field of sunflowers.

"Bet you can't catch me Akari!" A little boy with white hair shouted, laughing before disappearing from sight in the maze of plants.

"We'll see about that!" The girl in question giggled, following after her friend, her blonde locks swaying behind her as Luna tried to keep up.

"Kaito! Akari! Wait for me!" She squeaked playfully, chasing her friends as she heard them both giggling in front of her. The sound of their voices started to get farther and farther away as she desperately tried to catch up. "Wait!" She called, stopping for a moment to catch her breath as everything around her suddenly became silent. A chill ran down her spine as a scream pierced the air, making her panic.

"Akari... Kaito? T-this isn't funny anymore!" Luna shouted, her voice cracking as she started running again while looking for her friends. "Please! Answer me!"

Yellow petals began to fall around her she skidded to a stop, holding out her hands to catch a few as she stared at them in confusion. "Wh-what..." She looked up, gasping as she saw that the flowers were slowly dying... Withering away as the sky began to turn a deep shade of crimson. "Wh-what's going on..." Luna mumbled, tears forming in her eyes as she screamed. "Kaito! Akari!"

Suddenly the flowers around her fell, sinking into the ground as the dirt around her bare feet turned into mud, trapping her as well and slowly pulling her under. "Help me! Somebody! Help! Mother!" She screamed, closing her eyes as she cried.

"Luna..." Her mother's voice said calmly, grabbing her daughter's hands as she attempted to pull her out of the muck. Luna looked up at her mother's smiling face, crying out of happiness now that she was here to save her. "Mommy! I- I got lost! Kaito and Akari are gone... We have to find them!" She sniffed, looking around before glancing back at her mother who wore an expression of terror.

"M-mom... What's wrong-"

A beam of red energy slammed through her mother's chest as Luna watched her fall to the ground in horror, her lifeless silver eyes staring right at her. Her voice seemed to be caught in her throat as she struggled to breathe, her chest aching as she was unable to look away from the gruesome scene.

"Now... It's your turn!" Frieza shouted, causing her to turn around as she saw the monster laughing at her misery. "DIE!"

Luna awoke with a gasp, her eyes going wide as Dende sighed in relief, smiling at her briefly before speaking. "You were talking in your sleep..." He said lowly, before looking a little uncomfortable. "You were calling out for your mother-"

"Where's everyone else?" She said, cutting him off and quickly changing the subject as she looked around, spotting Krillin and Gohan not too far away.

"Hey! You're awake!" Gohan realized, jogging towards her as Krillin followed his lead. "How are you feeling?"

"Better now... Thanks to Dende..." She replied, sending a smile towards the child next to her. "What happened to Frieza? And where is your dad? And Vegeta and Nail?"

"That wasn't Nail... It was Piccolo." Gohan replied as Luna looked confused, thinking back on the last thing she remembered.

He... He looked just like him! I could have sworn-

"Piccolo fused with Nail," Dende explained, trying to put it simply. "They combined their energy and souls, but are of one body now."

"Wow..."

"I know, right?" Krillin commented, "Pretty crazy stuff... But look, now that you're awake, we've gotta get out of here."

"What?! What about the others?"

"They're still fighting Frieza... Over there..." Gohan sighed, pointing into the distance. "My dad said we should find Bulma and get back to his ship-"

"No."

"What?!"

"I'm not leaving until I see Frieza dead." Luna said in a low voice, surprising everyone around her as images from her recent nightmare plagued her mind.

"B-but Luna..." Gohan tried, actually a bit frightened of the look in her eyes. "He's just too strong for any of us to-"

"I'm. Not. Leaving." She repeated, looking them all dead in the eyes as she stood up, clenching her hands into fists before staring towards where the battle was taking place. "You guys can go if you want... I, I think you should. Get Bulma and get out of here!" She finished harshly before blasting forward and leaving everyone staring after her in shock.

"S-she's lost her mind!" Krillin stammered, his eyes going wide as he watched Gohan fly after her. "Gohan! Come back!"

...

Meanwhile, with Frieza...

...

Things were not going well. Frieza had manged to achieve his final transformation as the combined efforts of Goku, Piccolo and Vegeta were barely enough to keep him at bay.

"When I'm finished with you two monkeys and you, Namek," Frieza spat, glaring at them all cruelly. "I'm going to track down your pathetic little friends and blast them into oblivion!"

Vegeta growled, putting everything on the line as he powered up for one final attack. This is my last chance... He thought, raising his hands above his head as he screamed.

"Let's see how you deal with my Super... Saiyan... WRATH!" He roared, blasting a huge ball of energy towards Frieza.

The monster below him smirked, watching as the giant orb got closer and closer before kicking it back up effortlessly as it sailed right past Vegeta and into the atmosphere.

"N-no... No... That was everything... Everything I had left..." Vegeta mumbled as Goku and Piccolo were both completely shocked.

It... It didn't even faze him! Piccolo thought, a bead of sweat running down the side of his face before he felt four power levels approaching. No! What are you fools thinking-

"Well Vegeta, it's been fun..." Frieza said in a bored tone, floating up to where the Saiyan was still hovering. "But I've got a lot of cleaning up to do... So you'll forgive me if I finish our little game quickly." He chuckled, smirking before backhanding the spiky haired man towards the ground. Before he could react, Frieza materialized in front of him, planting a swift uppercut to his ribs as Vegeta's eyes shot open in pain.

"Goodnight sweet prince..." Frieza said sarcastically, the tip of his finger lighting up as he blasted a thin beam of energy straight through the Saiyan's chest, watching in satisfaction as he fell to the ground with a thud.

"Vegeta!" Goku yelled, clenching his fists as Luna landed next to him. "Luna?! What are you doing here! You have to go! Get out of here while you still can!"

"Vegeta!" She screamed, unable to look away as Frieza grabbed the front of the man's armor, lifting him up before getting ready to deliver the final blow.

"Heh, glad you saved me the trouble of tracking you all down..." Frieza laughed, watching as Gohan, Krillin and Dende landed behind her. "Here's a taste of what you're in for..."

"K-Kakarot... Listen..." Vegeta mumbled, coughing up blood as he tried to speak. "D-don't be so soft... There's no honor in any of this... It's j-just a game... Play to win..." He gasped, staring at Goku desperately. "F-forget about your feelings... They'll get you all killed... Kakarot..."

"I can't change who I am..." Goku said, frowning as he tried to imagine himself fighting unfairly. "My feelings are my guide... Besides, everybody deserves a chance to change their ways, just like you had-"

"You're wrong!" Luna shouted, unable to take any more of this. "The only thing Frieza deserves is a slow, painful death!"

Everybody looked her way, completely shocked as even Vegeta seemed surprised by her outburst. "He... He killed my whole family... Everyone I ever knew and loved... They're all gone forever!" She choked, falling to her knees as it was all just too much. Luna buried her face in her hands, sobbing uncontrollably as she finally let it all out. "They're gone... They're gone..." She mumbled over and over as Frieza cackled madly.

"Don't worry girl! You'll get to join them soon! Hahahaahaha!"

"Y-you don't realize what you're dealing with..." Vegeta went on, struggling to keep his eyes open. "Frieza k-killed our whole planet... Your father and mine... The whole planet... He- He blew it up! Ask him! He'll tell you... H-he's proud of it! Listen Kakarot..." Vegeta pleaded, tears forming in his eyes and his voice beginning to crack as everyone watched, not believing what they were seeing.

"Y-you have to hear this... I... I worked so hard for him... We both did..." He said, glancing at Luna as they locked eyes for a moment. "I... I did everything he asked of me and more... H-he took me away from my father when I was just a kid... He made me do whatever he wanted and said he'd kill my father if I didn't... I- I did what he asked but he killed him anyway along with everyone else! P-please Kakarot... Destroy him... H-he made me what I am... Don't let him do it to anyone else... S-stop him please..." He finished in a whisper, the light finally fading from his eyes as he let out sigh before Frieza dropped him roughly.

Luna's cries got louder as Goku looked down, closing his eyes for a moment as he mourned the death of one of his own. Gohan and Dende each moved to Luna's side, placing comforting hands on her shoulders as she hiccuped, trying to steady her breathing.

"S-stop it... Stop it..." She repeated under her breath, holding the sides of her head and wishing to whatever God existed that she wouldn't have to see anyone else die. Even Piccolo, as stoic and battle hardened as he was, was having a difficult time keeping it together as the monster in front of them merely grinned, kicking Vegeta's body out of way.

"Now... Who's next?"

"Me!" Goku said, stepping forward while glaring at the tyrant.

"Hmm... As tempting as that is, I had another idea in mind..." Frieza said lowly, raising his hand as Goku looked at him in confusion.

Before anyone could move, a beam of energy sailed right past Luna, hitting Dende square in the chest as everyone watched him fly back, landing on the ground in a smoking heap.

"DENDE!" Gohan screamed, trying to run after him as Piccolo grabbed his shirt, holding him back.

"No!" Krillin shouted, shaking with rage as he glared back towards the source of the attack.

"That's one healer out of the way..." Frieza chuckled, watching in amusement as Luna stood up, stumbling towards the boy's corpse before falling to her knees again. "And now, for the other one..." He smirked, charging up another blast as she screamed.

"NOOOOOOOOOOO!"

A huge wave of energy surprised everyone as a silver aura surrounded her before she smacked the beam of energy away without even looking.

"Wh-what?!" Frieza hissed, his eyes narrowing as he watched her turn around. She's... She's changed... He thought, looking into her silver eyes that were observing him like a hawk watching it's prey. Those eyes...

Piccolo, Gohan, Goku and Krillin all watched with fascination as her purple hair cascaded around her in waves, her silver eyes shining with an intense energy.

"Wh-what is this power?!" Piccolo mumbled, taking a step back as Nail's voice spoke in his mind. It's what Guru spoke of... The power of her people...

Luna shot forward suddenly, quicker than any of them could follow as she stopped in front of Frieza for a moment, making him gasp.

"Wh-wha-"

Before he could formulate even one word, he was sailing back through mountain after mountain as Luna chased after him.

"Woah... No way..." Goku whispered, not knowing she had that kind of power in her.

"Go Luna!" Gohan cheered as Krillin joined in.

"Yeah! Kick his tail!"

Frieza was too shocked to fight back for a moment as the girl continued to pummel him wildly with kicks and punches, shattering the nearby landscape with her energy. One especially hard kick sent him crashing into the ground as he looked up just in time to see her charging up a huge ball of purple ki.

"DARK MOON MANIPULATION!" She screamed, tossing the ball of energy towards him as he dodged it at the last second, watching with terrified eyes as the area he was just occupying was completely vaporized.

"Holy sh-"

Luna was in front of him again as she cut him off, swinging the side of her fist into his head as he was sent cartwheeling away from her.

"Th-this isn't happening!"

The rest of her friends continued to watch as she tossed him around like a rag doll, making the monster they had all just struggled to beat together, look like a joke.

Her abilities won't last for long... Nail said, making Piccolo frown as he cursed under his breath. She's using far too much of her energy again...

"COSMIC STORM!" Luna screamed as multiple balls of energy flew in every direction.

"Woah! Look out!" Goku stammered, grabbing his son as Piccolo and Krillin followed his lead, jumping away just in time as one of her attacks destroyed the piece of land they were standing on.

"DEATH COMET!" Frieza screeched, losing his patience as he sent a barrage of pink energy spheres flying in Luna's direction.

No... Not now... Not now! Luna thought, feeling herself getting slower as Frieza's attacks got closer and closer before one hit, knocking her back.

"I'M THROUGH WITH YOU!" Frieza snarled, sending another blast towards her falling form as he turned to where Goku and his friends were. "AND I'M THROUGH WITH ALL OF YOU AS WELL! NOW DIE!" He roared, pointing his open hand towards Krillin as he closed his fist, watching with a smirk as the man screamed before being blown apart.

Luna crashed into the ground, a small crater forming around her as she heard Goku and Gohan scream.

"KRILLIN! NOOOOOOO!" Goku shouted, grinding his teeth together as he felt something changing within himself. "You ruthless... Heartless... BASTARD!"

Lighting began to strike all around him as Luna pulled herself up just in time to see Piccolo and Gohan staring at the man as well, shocked looks on their faces as he screamed at the sky. "I will... Make you... SUFFER!" He shouted, his hair flickering back and forth from black to gold as Luna watched in complete awe, putting all the energy she had left into her legs while trying to stumble towards them.

"RrrghhhhhHHAAAAAAHHHHH!" Goku howled, his hair turning blonde as his eyes changed to a sky blue color, a golden aura pulsating around him as well.

"WHAT?!" Frieza gasped, shocked at how much his power had risen as he watched Luna make her way towards them. And she's still ALIVE?!

"G-Gohan..." Luna wheezed, holding her side as she limped towards him and Piccolo before collapsing.

"Luna! Hang on!" Gohan shouted, running towards her as he heard his father yelling at Piccolo.

"Get them out of here NOW!" Goku ordered as Piccolo nodded, walking towards Gohan before lifting the purple haired girl up.

"Piccolo?"

"Come on kid, we gotta go..." He said lowly, glancing back at Frieza and Goku as they stared each other down.

"N-no..." Luna coughed weakly, struggling to get down as she glared at Frieza. "It... It's not o-over..." She whispered as her eyes turned back to their normal emerald color. "I... I have to beat him..."

"Luna..." Gohan said sadly, watching as she passed out in his teacher's arms.

"Let's go Gohan." Piccolo ordered, watching as the boy seemed to be lost in thought.

"But Dad..."

"Do as I say and leave now Gohan!" Goku shouted, making his son take a step back. He had never seen his father like this before...

"Yes... Okay... B-be careful Dad..." Gohan stuttered, taking off with Piccolo as he glanced back at his father one last time. Luna opened her eyes briefly, turning her head and seeing Frieza's heartless stare once more before everything went dark...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.8K 149 19
Yuuki is a fighter from Earth, looking after her temple when suddenly an ancient evil appears. With the help of Goku and the Z Fighters, can she defe...
1.7K 105 12
γ€ŒThe Gift of Immortality」 Dragon Ball Story: INSERT READER β•°βž€ GENDER-NEUTRAL READER Γ— DRAGON BALL CHARACTERS β€’Β°βœ©Β°β€’ A warrior named [π™π™žπ™§π™¨π™© 𝙉𝙖...
2.9K 199 23
The last female of a mostly extinct race, who was held captive her whole life by the very being who extinguished them- Is thrown back into reality an...
14.7K 340 10
Vegeta x Female Goku!!! What happens when Goku and her friends are taken by saiyans after they destroy planet earth. They are taken as slaves. Will t...