trouvaille | xiao โœ”๏ธŽ

By kagellma

โin the midst of all the chaos, he found peace; with her. โž ๐†๐„๐๐’๐‡๐ˆ๐ ๐ˆ๐Œ๐๐€๐‚๐“! ๐—๐ˆ๐€๐Ž ๐ฑ ๐…๐„๐Œ!๏ฟฝ... More

๐…๐€๐๐€๐‘๐“๐’
tษพ๊ชฎแฅ™แฅŽแฅฒเน€แฅฃแฅฃ๊ซ€
trouvaille | 1 โœ”๏ธŽ
trouvaille | 2 โœ”๏ธŽ
trouvaille | 3 โœ”๏ธŽ
trouvaille | 4 โœ”๏ธŽ
trouvaille | 5 โœ”๏ธŽ
trouvaille | 6 โœ”๏ธŽ
trouvaille | 7 โœ”๏ธŽ
trouvaille | 8 โœ”๏ธŽ
trouvaille | 9 โœ”๏ธŽ
trouvaille | 10 โœ”๏ธŽ
trouvaille | 11 โœ”๏ธŽ
trouvaille | 12 โœ”๏ธŽ
๐‚๐‡๐‘๐ˆ๐’๐“๐Œ๐€๐’ ๐’๐๐„๐‚๐ˆ๐€๐‹โœ”๏ธŽ
trouvaille | 13 โœ”๏ธŽ
trouvaille | 14 โœ”๏ธŽ
trouvaille | 15
trouvaille | 16
trouvaille | 17
tษพ๊ชฎแฅ™แฅŽแฅฒเน€แฅฃแฅฃ๊ซ€ 2
trouvaille | 18
trouvaille | 19
trouvaille | 21
trouvaille | 22
trouvaille | 23
trouvaille | 24
trouvaille | 25
trouvaille | 26
trouvaille | 27
trouvaille | 28
trouvaille | 29
trouvaille | 30
trouvaille | 31
trouvaille | 32
trouvaille | 33
trouvaille | 34
trouvaille | 35
trouvaille | 36
trouvaille | 37
trouvaille | 38
trouvaille | 39
trouvaille | 40
trouvaille | 41
trouvaille | 42
trouvaille | 43
trouvaille | 44
trouvaille | 45
tษพ๊ชฎแฅ™แฅŽแฅฒเน€แฅฃแฅฃ๊ซ€ 3
trouvaille | 46
trouvaille | 47
trouvaille | 48
trouvaille | 49
trouvaille | epilogue
๐“๐‡๐€๐๐Š ๐˜๐Ž๐” + ๐„๐—๐“๐‘๐€
๐๐Ž๐๐”๐’! (1)
๐๐Ž๐๐”๐’ (2)

trouvaille | 20

21.8K 1.1K 1.3K
By kagellma

WANGSHU INN

The trip back to the Inn was unusually short. Maybe it was because Aether was running as fast as he could, while carrying the unconscious mortal bridal-style, or maybe it was because they were afraid that the Millelith were still chasing them.

But either way, the two were worried about their friend. Especially the blonde traveler.

"Aether! Slow down!" Paimon shouts, as she struggles to keep up with him. "Wait for me!"

The traveler ignores her, and instead, runs faster. They ran through a few hilichurls, but Aether just ignored them. He was focused on just one thing: bringing the mortal back home as soon as possible.

Her temperature was getting higher and higher as every second passed, and he knew that her fever was getting worse. He wasn't exactly sure how she got sick. One moment, she was fine and energetic. The next, she was pale and sick.

Aether looked at the foreign necklace she was still holding tightly. Maybe it was.. No. He stops himself from analyzing the necklace, and continued to focus on running.

And soon, they reached the Inn, much to Paimon's happiness. She stays behind, floating above one of the tables as she pants. Aether rushes towards where Verr Godlet once, and once he reaches her, her eyes widened as she took in the current state of her beloved daughter.

She jumps out of the counter, taking her off his arms. She touches Y/N's forehead, taking note of her temperature. She calls her husband, who immediately appeared and looked at their daughter worriedly.

"It's happening again." Verr Godlet says to him. Her husband understood, and took his daughter from his wife's arms. "Call the doctor." She orders him, as she watches her husband walk away to bring their daughter to her room.

Verr Godlet then turns around to face the traveler, a worried expression still plastered on her face. "When did she became unconscious?"

"Just a few minutes ago." Aether answers, "Does this usually happen?"

"No. It only happened once before when we took her out to Liyue Harbor. I almost lost my daughter then, so that's also one of the reasons why we don't let her stray too far from the Inn." She answers, "Thank you for bringing her here as fast as you can, traveler. No words can express how grateful I am for your quick thinking and reaction. If you brought her a little too late, she might be... gone by now." She struggles to say the last words.

"Again, thank you. We'll give you anything that you want as a payment."

Aether shakes his head no. "No need. Y/N's my friend, and it's only right of me to help a friend in need. She helped me a lot of times already, and for that, I'm grateful for her."

Verr Godlet smiles at him, "You're too kind, Aether. I hope that my daughter finds someone like you to be her spouse in the future."

With that, Aether blushes. "Oh- um... haha?"

"Oh, I'm sorry if that made you uncomfortable." She apologized, before she asked, "How was the rite of descension? Were you able to ask Rex Lapis your question?"

Aether shakes his head, as he broke the news to her about the Geo Archon's death. Verr Godlet's eyes widened, as she took in the news.

"Rex Lapis? Dead? How could this be?" She asked no one. Verr Godlet looks back at the blonde traveler. "Did they find out who killed him?"

Aether shakes his head once again. "The Millelith suspects that we were the ones who killed him since we came near the statue. But the thing is, we didn't."

"Some people suspect the Qixing, but I think they have nothing to do with the death of Rex Lapis. They looked as confused and horrified as us." Aether continued, in to which the older woman nodded in agreement.

"I worked under the Qixing for so many years already. And I'm sure that they have nothing to do with the Archon's death. I just don't understand why anyone would dare kill Rex Lapis, and exactly at the day of the rite of descension itself." She says.

"Exactly. I may not know much about Liyue and Rex Lapis himself, but I don't think anyone could just kill him just like that." The traveler responds. "I'm planning to investigate and find out who killed the Geo Archon. Will you please help me?"

"Of course. Rex Lapis is the God I worship, after all. What I am about to say should be kept as a secret between us, okay? No one else except the workers and my family here knows about this. I trust you to keep this as a secret."

"I've told you about the Adepti before, right? We have one Adeptus in this Inn. Though, he is rather hard to find sometimes." Verr Godlet smiles. "I've seen him a couple of times with Y/N before in the balcony, so I don't think he'll give you much trouble. You are Y/N's friend, after all."

"I suggest that you bring a Sigil of Permission. Though, it will only just be a waste of time since I'm sure he won't hurt you. Here, take this instead," She brings out a plate of Almond Tofu, "This is his favorite food. Give this to him, and he'll listen and help you. Though, since he is an Adeptus, I don't think this is needed in order for him to investigate about Rex Lapis' death too. This is just for emergency."

Aether takes the plate from her. "In the balcony, right?" Verr Godlet nodded.

The blonde traveler bid her goodbye, and at the same time, Paimon went in. She waved at the older woman, who only smiled back at her. The pixie-like creature floated towards Aether, smelling the scent of a delicious Almond Tofu. "Ooh! Is that for Y/N?"

Aether shook his head. "This is for.. someone else."

"Who?" She asked.

Though, Aether remained quiet and continued to walk towards the balcony. Though once they reached the place, they saw no one.

"Who exactly are we looking for? They don't seem to be here." Paimon says, looking around.

The two leaned against the balcony, looking down at the view. Then, suddenly, they hear a voice.

"To the blind,"

The two jumped at the noise. Aether looks at the side, and sees a man that was at the same height as him. His amber eyes looking directly at his, piercing Aether with his gaze.

"Everything may not be as it appears."

"AND THEN, THEY FOUND EACH OTHER."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9K 44 7
One day Paimon and Aether encounter a strange monster that looks similar to a lector in the middle of Guili Plains. "Xiao! Thanks Archons your here...
224K 5.8K 46
This is a Reader X Xiao book Reader is gender-neutral! ~แฏฝโฅแชฅแดฅแชฅโฅแฏฝ~ Y/n was held captive for years before stumbling upon a boy who was forced into their...
277K 7.2K 35
What if Xiao wasn't the last Yaksha? What if one of the "dead" Yakshas survived? Karmic Debt. Madness. Could anyone possibly survive that? The answer...
481K 17.6K 39
ใ€Ždiluc x f!readerใ€ โ visions are a light in the sea of darkness that surrounds those who have lost their way. โž started : 23/02/21 โ€ข finished: 23/02...