The Barrier - Tom Marvolo Rid...

Av josephinev4

She saw it coming. All of it. #4 in fanfiction (April 2021) #2 in tomriddle (March 2021) #1 in tom (March 202... Mer

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47 (End)

Prologue

21.2K 244 154
Av josephinev4

Thank you for clicking on this story! tbh this is kinda corny at first but I PROMISE it will get better lol. Hope you enjoy!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How did I get here? This small girl felt like she didn't deserve everything that has happened to her. She was just a normal girl after all. All she knew was that she was sitting on her bed, with shouts outside her bedroom, until her father dragged her out while her mother shoved all of her clothes in a ragged suitcase.

You see, Amelia Hernate was a mistake. Her mom conceived her at only 16 years old, she forced her father, a 17 year old Hernate boy to raise this baby instead of having an abortion. With all the storm they experienced in 2004, they still dreamed about having a perfect family and a beautiful daughter later on in the future. It never happened. Amelia Hernate will never be wanted, since the beginning, and she knew that. You'd think that after 12 years of being unwanted and a burden, she'd be independent, mature, and cold, ya know, like all the cliché angsty romance books. But she was always a manic, sensitive, and impulsive type of girl. That's all she ever was and that's all she'll ever be. At least by her parents. In Erle Lana and Colt Hernate's eyes, Amelia will be nothing but a sensitive, little burden. So Colt and Erle did what they thought was right, they threw her out, hoping that someway, somehow, things will be fine. The way it was when they were 16 and 17.

Amelia didn't know what to do. She thought her parents would either divorce and one of them would take her in and raise her like they should've been since she was born, or either they would make up and grow up, like one of her friend's parents did. She would never expect to be, sitting on a road, just a few miles from home, clutching her suitcase in the middle of the night, being homeless. She cried and cried, she was desperate for a home that she never had, a shelter that she deserved from long ago. She slowly got out one of her novels and tried her best to distract herself. Maybe she could eventually fall asleep, with her head leaning on a pole, and she could figure this all out tomorrow, at daylight. She managed to grab a few of her books, before she was dragged out of her house. She read one of her Harry Potter books, her favorite, Prisoner of Azkaban. She can't seem to focus on the words, her brain kept replaying the moment that happened about an hour ago, where she was pleading for them to stop, to let her in, to be a real parent. Amelia kept trying to read, but she just can't.

Suddenly, she heard a rustling.

She put her book down and tried to locate the noise. Is a knight bus coming to pick me up or something? Oh, how she'd scream in joy if the knight bus appeared in front of her and took her away to a world where magic does exist, where happiness is actually achievable. But instead of a big blue bus in front of her, she just saw a woman, who seemed to be in her late 30s, coming out of the woods, approaching her. Amelia looked this woman up and down, she just looked so put together and perfect, why is she coming towards her? Could she be a kidnapper?

Amelia became scared when she thought about the big possibility of this lady being a kidnapper. She is a prey. She's 12, alone in the streets, in the middle of the night. How perfect. But this woman just held a warm aura, she smiled at Amelia very warmly. Amelia wanted to stand up and just leave her seat on the side of the road. But she just wanted to stay, she wanted to know about this mysterious woman that seemed to be stalking her. The lady was already right in front of Amelia. Amelia froze. "You know a thing or two about J.K Rowling's piece of art, don't you?". Amelia's head shot up.

"You mean, Harry Potter?" Amelia had no idea why this lady was talking about this topic. Maybe this woman is trying to use Amelia's interests and trick her into being kidnapped?? That is a very big possibility. The woman nod at Amelia and laughed, "Oh, I'm sorry for being so straightforward! Okay, okay." Amelia raised her eyebrows. "My name is Cassandra Penny, and I know that you are perfect for The Barrier's next task! Gosh, I'm excited about this one!!" Amelia didn't know what she's saying. The Barrier? What barrier? "Mam, what are you talking about?" This Cassandra Penny looked at her with her gentle eyes and told her to stand up. "Look, I know you are homeless and that you love Harry Potter. I work at one of the most secret and private companies of the world, so what I'm about to tell you will be huge, and you better not spill this to anyone girl, because there will be consequences."

Cassandra's eyes had turned very serious. Not knowing what to do, she just nodded. "Uhm, okay... what if I told you that that book you're reading.." She pointed to her Prisoner of Azkaban book. "Is real?" Amelia widened her eyes. Oh no, she IS trying to kidnap me. "I don't know how stupid you think I am, but I will not fall for a trick that's meant for a 5 year old! G-get away from me, you.. kidnapper!!"

Amelia tried to run away, but Cassandra grabbed her arm and pushed something into her palm. Amelia looked down. It was a knife. "Look girl, if I show any predatory move, you can stab me with this knife... don't make this difficult. Come on, I've had a long day!" Cassandra put her hands up and groaned. "Let me try to simple this down for your 12 year old brain.." Cassandra patted Amelia's head, Amelia inched away. " Of course magic doesn't exist in this universe, but what if I told you that there are MILLIONS of other universes out there?? There could literally be a universe where you're married to both Cole Sprouse AND Zac Efron! NOTHING is impossible because other universes are there! So many possibilities! Now... the fun part..." Amelia gaped and continue to stare at the enthusiastic woman in front of her. " The Barrier is a company where we can access ALL of those universes! And we experiment! Gosh it still doesn't feel real even after 12 years, so I get it if this is blowing your mind to dust! Can you believe it!? WE get to access all of those universes!!! Ehem, anyway, I work in the Harry Potter department! We haven't been doing much to that universe because you see, one single mistake can literally be the downfall of a universe! That is crazy, so we need specific people that are willing to sacrifice ANYTHING to go to these universes and experiment. That's why we don't just pick anyone, we pick people who have no direction and motivation in life so they can fully dedicate their energy and attention to the task on hand. And well, that happens to be you, isn't it?" Cassandra pinched Amelia's cheeks. "wait, wait... WHAT!? So, you want me to go on some kind of mission to an unknown universe!?!?"

Amelia was shouting by now. Cassandra rolled her eyes. "No, no, you'd be going to Harry Potter's universe, and of course with a few years of training! You are perfect for this task!" Amelia rubbed her eyes. "So you want me to just follow you to an unknown place named the barrier and train for a few years so that I could do a mission in a universe where magic is real? You... hah, want me to believe that bullshit?" Cassandra gasped, "Language girl!" she flicked Amelia's head. She groaned. "Fine! If you don't want to believe my words, let me try to show you something. Something magical, perhaps. I do have this wand that somebody stole when they went there. Go on! Test me." Amelia blinked and groaned. "Ugh, accio that branch I guess." Cassandra smiled excitedly, she said the word "Accio", flicked her 'wand', and suddenly, that branch was in her hands. Amelia's eyes bulged. This could be set up, she thought. "Make a patronus!" Cassandra stomped on the ground. " Do you know how hard that is!? Trust me, I've tried over and over but it's hard! You already know that from the movies and books, Hernate girl!" Amelia rolled her eyes and thought. "Okay, let's go to my house, I want to test your 'magic'".

Amelia lead both of them to her house. When they got there Amelia spoke up, "Those two, the ones drinking wine and watching TV are my parents." Cassandra scoffed, "The one that threw you out?" Amelia narrowed her eyes at her and sighed, "Yeah, yeah, I want you to float them up to the roof!!" Cassandra looked and Amelia with wide eyes and an open mouth. "Girl, what would they think when they just float up to the air like that!? I know that they are bad parents but-" "You can obliviate them afterwards, if you can ACTUALLY do magic. Come on, prove yourself to me like you said!" Cassandra scoffed and said a few words. It was wingardium leviosa.

Suddenly, her parents were in the air, wine spilling everywhere. In the middle of their screaming and confusion, Cassandra spoke up. "Is this enough for you now!?" Amelia's eyes glinted and she nodded excitedly. Cassandra smiled and dropped Amelia's "parents". "Well, let's obliviate them and go." Amelia looked at Cassandra. "Wait, go with you? Are you serious!?" Amelia was obviously still very confused and skeptic, as she should be. " I know this is hard, Amelia-" Amelia put her face in her hands. "But I'm not coming with you! This is all cool and so amazing, but the chances of you hypnotizing me, or me dreaming about all this is way higher than the possibility of a universe where magic exists! How could I trust you?!"

Cassandra turned her body to Amelia and pat her head, again. "You just have to, besides, what other choice do you have? I promise I'll let you keep a weapon at all times in case I try to hurt you or something." Amelia looked down and stared at the window of where she used to live. Her parents were soaking wet and still so dazed and freaked out. Cassandra gasped and quickly muttered obliviate to Amelia's parents. She let out a breath of relief and looked back to Amelia. "well?" .What Cassandra said was true, she had no other choice, no where to go, and no money. She doesn't even have a phone!" clenching the knife that's still in her hands, she opened her mouth, "Fine. I'll go..." Cassandra jumped in joy and cheered. "But! You have to promise that you wouldn't hurt me, and also... tell me what my mission is or whatever." Amelia was pointing the knife at Cassandra.

Cassandra put down the knife and scoffed. " I PROMISE, over everything I have and everything I am, that you are in good hands! And about the mission, this will be a BREAKTHROUGH, this will change the course of Harry Potter history but we believe it'll be worth it." Amelia rolled her eyes, "So? What is it??" Cassandra shook her head, "You're gonna have to tame the devil himself, very scary just thinking about it, ugh. We'll do anything for science and history huh?" Amelia groaned, "Who is this devil I'm supposed to "tame"!?" Cassandra let out a breath, "Tom Riddle himself, sweetie.". Amelia still didn't understand. "What about him? Do you want me to kill him? Damnn..." Cassandra quickly shook her head. "No, NO! YOU are going to befriend him, make him fall in love with you, whatever fits." Amelia gasped, "WHAT!?!?!??" . everything is just so confusing right now, she has read a few fanfiction where the main character has to make Tom Riddle sweet, she never thought SHE now had to do it!! Cassandra pulled her out of her thoughts. "You will have 4 years of practice, learning all that you need to know about magic and of course, mister loverman." Amelia gulped, "Oh gosh...." Cassandra laughed, "You'll be fine! When you go ther in 4 years, we will be monitoring everything that you do and give you instructions." "And how would you do that?" Cassandra looked at her like it was obvious. "Through you head, of course! And we could leave signs that only you could see her and there. Easy peasy!"

Amelia just closed her eyes. She could do this, she'll have 4 years! She is perfect for this role, just like Cassandra said! And of course, why would she pass up on an opportunity where she could melt the heart of the handsome Tom Marvolo Riddle!? She's way too in love with the Harry Potter books to miss this chance, she's too in love with Tom Riddle from the fanfictions she read to miss this chance!! "Okay, okay, I'm in!" Cassandra laughed and smiled. "That is amazing! From now on, you'll be named Silver Prennington. You're cool with that, right?" Oh you bet she's cool with that, she's ready to forget her miserable past and move on to a future where magic is in it. She is ready to take a leap of faith.

Fortsett å les

You'll Also Like

140K 2.6K 42
"Stop going behind my back Kat! I love you." "Stop saying you love me because if you did then you wouldn't have cheated on me!" - All characters bel...
672K 15.6K 90
"How come she married him? She hated him!" "Nah, she didn't." ~ ~ ~ #6 in evans - October 2020 #1 in lilypotter - November 2020 #3 in prongs - Decemb...
42.4K 1.1K 12
( 𝐃𝐈𝐒𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐔𝐄𝐃 ) "𝐌𝐚𝐲𝐛𝐞 𝐈 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐬, 𝐈 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐬, 𝐈 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫�...
286K 11.3K 24
BOOK ONE OF THE MARAUDER ERA SERIES - "Most love stories end in a tragedy, you know." "Not this one." - started march 8, 2021 completed march 15, 2021