Protecting Raine✔

By GraceForever33

She was only trying to get through her last year of school with her two best friends. But, he came back... N... More

Before We Begin!
One- "Oh Shoots"
Two- "Freak!"
Three- "Asswipe"
Four- "I Should Hit Him"
Five- "You'll Burn With Me"
Six-"This guy was...ugh!"
Seven-"How Do You Feel?"
Eight-"All Of This Is Your Damn Fault!"
Nine-" Try Me"
Ten- "I Don't Even Want To Go!"
Twelve -"Walking Contradiction"
Thirteen-"You're Strong"
Fourteen-"We Are Not Dating"
Fifteen-"I Should Run"
Sixteen-"Sleep Here"
Seventeen- "Twilight Fantasy"
Eighteen-"Black Panther (R.I.P)"
Nineteen- "You're A Princess Right?"
Twenty- "And The Party Goes On"
Twenty One- "I Remain Silent"
Twenty Two- "Little Red Dress"
Twenty Three- "Not Only You Have Secrets"
Twenty Four- "Eff The Code"
Twenty Five- "Have Fun"
Twenty Six-"I Followed Her"
Twenty Seven- "I Can't Freakin Do This"
Twenty Eight- "Guillianos"
Twenty Nine- "Gone"
Thirty-"I'm Sorry"
Thirty One - "Another Chance"
Thirty Two - "Remember The Clouds?"
Epilogue- "Protecting Raine"
A Sequel?

Eleven-"Sexy?"

887 29 6
By GraceForever33

I had opted for my hair to just be in a low slick ponytail. I had on a white crop top that had Bad Angels on it and a high waist flare pants. I decided to not wear heels tonight because I wasn't sure where the party was and what may happen that would require me to run.

Yes, I think about everything.

Madi decided with a romper set that looked unbelievably cute on her, with her straight black hair and heels. She loved them.

I didn't. Heels, I mean.

"You know what I have been thinking since we got invited to the party?" Madi mused as she was sitting on the bed tying up her heels.

"What?" I asked, apply nude lipstick to my lips.

"How are we going to get to the party? We don't know where it is"

I blanched.

What the hell?

"Madi-" I looked over at her with wide eyes, trying to figure out why the hell she was so calm about this. "We just got ready and don't even know where we are going," I told her in case she didn't understand.

She shrugged, "Let's just walk over to Lucas. He'll know" she stood up and smiled at me. "You look hot"

Too bad her compliment was drowned out with the fact that she just mentioned going back to the house that I practically saw a crime being committed.

How about a hell no on that one?

"Uh, maybe I can just message him on IG or something" I mumbled, looking for my phone, but Madi just rolled her eyes and yank my arm at the same time my hand landed on my phone.

"C'mon, let's go"

She dragged us down the stairs. At the same time, my heart practically somersaulting in my chest.

"Madi, I can just message him. What was his name on the gram?" I still tried to fight, but she kept walking.

Mom looked at me with approval in her eyes, but when she noticed Madi wasn't stopping she shouted out the rules.

"See you later, Mrs. Packer" Madi shouted out and then turned with me in tow towards Lucas's house.

I stamped on my feet and it made her almost trip in her heels.

"Raine, what the hell?" she said and I blinked. My eyes looking over to the dark house and to her.

"I can just message him. I don't want to intrude on him" I muttered and pulled out my phone again. Typing Lucas' name only to see a huge amount of search results come up. "What was his name on the gram?" I asked, glancing up at her but my eye caught movement behind her.

It was Lucas.

He was standing near the same blue car-I'm going to call it Bleu- dressed in a bloody red shirt with graphic, black jeans and his famous boots. The links of the chain glisten as it swung from his front pocket to his back.

"Are you guys going to stand there all night?" he shouted and it caused Madi to jump spinning around.

"Oh, then," she said looking at him and then at me. "Let's go"

She walked ahead of me into death- I mean to the car, and Lucas open the door for her. The back door.

I groaned.

I walked over, more slowly than I anticipated, and ambled over to the other side. The next back door. However, Lucas stepped to the front passenger side and open it.

"I prefer to not feel like a chauffeur," he said, his eyes slowly raking down my body and back to my face. I wanted to say that it felt creepy, but somehow, it felt familiar.

I stepped to the door and slid in before he shut the door and walked over to the driver's side.

He got in the car, his eyes coming to me again. This time it made me raised a brow at him in question. This made him shook his head and put the car in reverse.

Madi slid over into the middle, "Hello". I knew she was trying to break the tension between us, but I also knew her attempt was futile.

Lucas gripped the steering wheel tighter, still not bothering to answer her. So, I cleared my throat.

"Can you tell us where it is?" I asked him as he put it in drive.

"Her house" he answered clipped.

"Thanks" I spat and turned so that I was facing towards the window.

I took that as a sign of him in his mood and decided to tune him out. It made me start to wonder why I even opted to come to the party in the first place. His visit to my room was sweet and sincere and now he comes here with such a mean attitude.

It was annoying.

I really was debating if I should just ask him to drop me back home.

We rode for a while before coming to a beach house. It was huge and had a pool that started from the front door and I assumed ended somewhere in the back.

"Woah," Madi said as we jumped out of the car. It was already crowded and everyone seemed to be having a grand time.

It was way different than I thought it would be for sure.

Lucas walked quickly in front of us, completely ignoring us and that made an image of Oscar flash in my head. The one where he would put his arm around us and walk with us inside.

I shake my head to forget the thought. He was not your friend anymore, Raine.

"You make yourself comfortable" Lucas shouted to us as we stepped into the house. He disappeared right after that. My guess was to make sure he wasn't seen coming into the house with us by his peers as well as Sally.

Insert rolled eyes here.

I turned to Madi at the same time she turned to me, "Drinks" we both said and then burst out laughing as we linked arms and walked to where we thought the kitchen was.

If Lucas was going to act like a jerk then fine, but I was going to enjoy this night.

~~~

The party was going on like any other party. People were drinking what they weren't supposed to be drinking. There were some dancing on the floor, others were smoking, playing games, and then you had those who were disappearing into rooms.

I haven't seen the birthday girl and I wasn't sure if it was a good or bad thing because I haven't seen Lucas either.

I tried to ignore the fact that I was actually looking for him by drinking and dancing, but there was only so much drinking and dancing I can do.

I decided that playing a game would be better to occupy my mind. So, I grabbed Madi's arm, leading her to the next room where I saw a couple of people went earlier to play some party games.

However, to my shock, I wasn't expecting to see the people sitting on a floor in a circle.

I made a step to exit the room before any of them can spot me, but the red-haired girl next to Matt shouted, "Hey, do you want to play?" I paused, Madi and I both looking back at her.

Her lip piercing was glistening as she beckoned us over. "The more the merrier" she grinned.

I open my mouth to deny her, but then that was when he had to speak "She doesn't want to play. The girl was born with a stick up her ass" he commented.

I glared at Lucas who was leaning back on his hands with his legs spread out into the circle. He was smirking at me, along with Sally who was sitting right beside him. She was decked out in a gold sequins dress and her hair was braided to the left to show her evil side more better.

"You don't know me, Macaughlin" I sneered, standing up straighter. Well, as straight as the alcohol would allow me.

He scoffed, "Start the game, Jenna. We don't have time going back and forth with this loser who doesn't want to play" he gestured to the red hair girl and she looked up at me one more time biting her lips.

"You can sit here" a guy with fashion glasses beckoned me to his side and I looked at Madi to see her looking around too.

"A spot available here" Flint deadpanned. He was on the other side of Sally. Madi shrugged and walked over to sit beside him and I walked over to the guy with tan skin and a jaw that should be illegal.

"My name is Levi by the way, yours" he whispered to me as the red hair girl start to explain the rules of the game.

"Raine" I answered.

"Cute name" he mused. He had the voice of Channing Tatum, but he had the face of Noah Centineo. He looked really young to be here.

I flicked my eyes from glaring at Lucas to Levi to find him staring at me with warm charcoal-grey eyes. I smiled small for him. "Thanks"

As soon as Lizzie Allan went to spin the bottle, Sally shouted out in her screeching voice Oscar's name.

I nearly broke my neck swiveling to see him standing by the door peering in. He looked bigger somehow. More buffed.

"Come sit and play" she purred and I looked back to see her blinking at him seductively. I saw him walked over, his shadow passing over me as he placed himself next to me on the other side. Separating me and Lizzie.

I swallowed as I felt him glance at me and then decided to stare forward for the rest of the game. Too bad his eyes stayed on Sally.

"Okay let me explain this again. Spin the bottle, get a dare. You can opt to do it in the front of us or in the closet for 7 minutes."

I felt my heart thump.

A dare?

I'm not some expert on spin the bottle, but I was positive that was not a part of the game. We just had to spin the bottle and kiss whoever it landed on. With their consent of course.

Right?!

I didn't know anything about any dares and judging by Madi's expression when I looked over at her, she didn't know about it either.

Frack!

"Who's going first?" Flint asked and I watched Sally's hand shoot up.

"I'll go" she smiled, before getting to her knees and raising her butt so high in the air that I sure anyone could see under her mini skirt.

We all sat watching the bottle with different expressions on our faces. However, I was sure mines were more on the "How the hell do I get out of this game" side.

I glared at Lucas one more time for always challenging me. It's like he knew that I would always take the bait. I hated myself for doing so also.

The bottle landed on the red-haired girl next to Flint and Sally smirked. She tapped her cheek in sarcastic thought and then snapped her fingers.

"I dare you to give Matt over there a nasty lap dance" she pointed to Matt, who just smiled and leaned back on his hand.

The red-haired girl smiled and threw her leg over Matt and started grinding highly inappropriately on him.

I bit my lip looking away, but I ended up looking at Lucas. He was staring intently at me with a smirk. I rolled my eyes and then ended up looking over at Oscar who just saw the transaction and rolled his eyes.

Ok.

"Ok, Jenna" Sally cheered and Jenna- the red-haired girl- climbed off Matt leaving said boy very, very excited. Bless his heart. The guy beside Sally later moved forward to spin the bottle and it landed on Flint, whom he dared to drink 5 shots.

The game continued like that in counterclockwise until it reached Madi who had her bottle landed on Levi and dared him to twerk and then me who had Matt and dared him to say the alphabet backward.

I wasn't a vulgar person, so that was the best nasty dare I could have done. However, Sally didn't like the game being to PG, so when it came to her turn again and her bottle landed on Oscar she dared him to kiss me.

"What?" I breathed out.

"Sally" he groaned over to her and she shrugged.

"We're dating, but I don't mind you kissing her," Sally said and my eyes widen at Oscar.

Sally and him were dating?

They were boyfriend and girlfriend?

They were a couple?

I'm sure I didn't hear that right.

"Yeah, but I don't want to kiss her" Oscar grumbled, but I can see his cheeks turning red.

"Okay, then you guys take a shot," Lucas said, his voice cutting in. He looked angry.

"No, they will do it. C'mon Raine, you dated before right? Easy peasy" Sally encouraged.

I looked over at Madi who was shaking her head at me and I looked over to Oscar who still has yet to look me in the eye.

"I 'll take the shot" I swallowed and grab the shots between us before gushing the liquid down my throat.

Damn, that burned.

"You guys are so lame!" Sally pouted and I just stared at her.

If she and Oscar was dating why would she want her boyfriend to be lip-locking with another girl?

I had so many questions running through my mind that I didn't even notice that Matt had dared me to go into the closet with Levi.

He shook me out of my stupor, stood up, and extended his hand to me. "You want to go ahead or take a shot?" he asked down at me.

I debated taking the shot but I was already feeling a bit lightheaded and I didn't want to be that drunk at a party full of strangers. I was barely coming off the high that I induced on myself earlier.

I grabbed his hand, letting him pull me up.

"This is stupid. Who still goes into the closet?" Lucas grumbled as Levi escorted me to the wooden door.

"Would you prefer them to do their deeds here?" Matt asked, but the answer fade away when Levi and I both stepped inside and closed the door.

"We don't have to do anything that you don't want to do?" he shrugged stuffing his hands into his pockets. His shoulder was hunched up. It made me wonder how old he was. He looked 17 too from afar but up close like this, he looked much younger.

"It depends, do you want to do something?" I asked, tilting my head to the side. My actions were a bit slower, but I was still a bit conscious of my surroundings. I saw his face lit up, his smile coming to view. He had one dimple on his left cheek.

Lucas didn't had dimples. Just sunken cheeks that made it look too sharp to touch him.

"I would really like to taste your lips" he confessed, stepping closer. I smiled. Not because of what he said but more on the fact that I was pretty happy and flirty when I was on my way to tipsyville.

I reached up to kiss him at the same time his lip crashed to mines. It lasted for 0.5 seconds before he pulled away because of the harsh knocks on the door.

"7 minutes aren't up yet!" Levi shouted and I laughed. He turned to me with a smile and came back to kiss me, but then another knock resonated and this time it was way harder.

"Hey!" He screamed again. I looked over to the door in panic.

The door was locked, but the way this person was knocking on the door it would be off the hinges in no second.

"Rude, right?" Levi grinned at me. I laughed.

Before he can even go back in for another kiss, the door flung open and there stood Lucas breathing hard like a damn bull.

"What the hell, man?" Levi exclaimed. "We're-"

"Get the hell out" Lucas' voice was rough and gritted, however, the command didn't go unnoticed by me neither to Levi. He stood rooted in his spot not sure if he should fight with his testosterone or really bow his head down in defeat.

"You" he pointed to Levi, "Get out'" he repeated again.

Levi squinted his eyes, examining Lucas before he glanced over at me, and then it softens. He stepped back with his hands raised and then walked out of the door. Lucas walked in taking Levi's place before closing the door and locking it.

The air was switch from the free, flirty atmosphere it was when Levi was here to intense and sexy.

Sexy?

No. I mean--well, it was really sensational right now. Lucas's eyes were roaming over me with such a fierce stare that it made me uneasy. I started bouncing from one leg to the other to release the pressure to actually do something.

Something like touch him.

Taste him.

See what it would be like to feel his plump red lips on me.

I needed to get out of this room.

I reached for the door, but Lucas's hand rose up and block my way. He leaned on the wall behind me, his mouth still turned down.

"Why is it that you attract every freakin guy's attention where ever you go?" his voice was not like before. It was harsh and tight, but more calmer and raspy.

I didn't have an answer to that question.

I would like to boast that I was just that pretty, but I was very uneasy with compliments. I didn't really know how to feel when I was given them and saying thank you always left an awkward feeling afterward.

"Where did you disappear to?" I asked instead.

Lucas smirked, standing a bit straighter but not removing his hand from caging me in. "I had to get a little birdie out of my mind"

I rolled my eyes, "How can you get her out of your mind when you came to her party and practically had her all over you?"

There you go.

I had the green monster at bay all night, but here she comes. Snapping back before I can even realize what I was doing.

Yes, Sally mentioned that she and Oscar was an item-which by the way I was still in shock and needed a lot more time to understand the dynamic of the situation, she still was clinging onto Lucas like he was some life source.

Even when we were playing the game, she would do seductive things towards him. It was disgusting.

Lucas furrowed his brows at me in thought, but I just glare at him as if he knew what I was talking about but just wanted to play dumb.

When he figured out what I was meaning, he dropped his hand and stepped away in laughter. Like, full-on hand clutching stomach, doubled over laughter.

I didn't see what was funny, so I just folded my hands as I watch him nearly choke laughing.

"Wait, you think that Sally and I?" he tried to speak, but he kept going back to laughing. "That is truly a new one" he stood back up to his full height and walked over to me. His face morphing into a serious one.

It was then, that I had confirmed my suspicions that Lucas was definitely complex.

He was unpredictable too.

"You," he said, placing both of his hands on the side of my head and scooping his head down to me so that we were on eye level. "It was you I had to get out of my mind"

I gulped, blinking at him. My mind tried to process his words, but then I just couldn't. Why would he be thinking about me?

My little green monster even tilted her head in confusion. She was definitely caught off guard.

Did that mean he liked me?

"But, then I leave you and the next thing I know you're playing spin the bottle and walking into a room with a freaking guy to do God knows what" he spat in my face and I furrowed my brows.

"Why would that matter to you? We aren't a thing" I fought through the ball in my throat. The air around us was stuffy and I felt like I was drowning in it.

Lucas quirked a brow, "Raine, everything you do matters to me" he said.

"Lucas" I shook my head, looking away from him. "You aren't making any sense. One minute you hate me and then you're talking about I matter to you. I don't- It's" I stuttered on the end. I have never been so confused since they started adding letters into mathematics.

But, then...

You know how the movies always describe the girl's first kiss as magical. So freaking fantastic that it sends shivers throughout her whole body and she feels like she's floating?

She's passing clouds and she feels as if she could touch the clouds and at the same time, she's feeling electricity - good electricity shooting up her very core because the pleasure was overwhelming her?

Well, that was exactly how your girl felt when Lucas came close and laid the same lips that I was just fantasizing about just a few minutes ago.

They tasted like something sweet and sugary. The thought of what he may have been drinking skidded across my mind, but the thought of how great he felt and how precise his lips fitted to mines took over.

I raised my hands to go around his neck. I wanted to feel his hair. It always looked soft and when my fingers sank into the clouds on his head, I confirmed that it was. Lucas moved his arms around my waist securing me. They felt strong and I imagine how it would feel to always have them around me.

Protecting me.

I sunk further into the kiss.

It wasn't like the one with Levi, it wasn't just lips meeting to one another, but more of a need to say something.

It was like we were both trying to express something that our words won't suffice and when his tongue slice through to scream it over the mountain tops I let him. Using my tongue just to encourage him that I felt the same way.

I felt heat and cold rush over my body in different ways. It was such a magical moment that for a second I thought I was dreaming this. That no way a kiss can be so good.

I felt my lower regions heat up with a need for relief and Lucas must have sensed it because he pressed his to mines.

The groan that escaped my lips was something I had never done and I guess the fact that it was so foreign was what wake me up from my superb.

"Lucas" I pulled away, trying to regain consciousness. Trying to stop what I think we were going to do. What I know we would do if one of us doesn't put back on our thinking caps.

"Raine" his voice was low and raspy. I have never heard it sunk that low.

"I think we should stop" I breathed out as he continued to trail kisses on my jaw and then to my ears. "Lucas"

"Why do we need to stop, when we both want it?" he asked, finally pulling a little bit from me.

"Because I am not that kind of girl and we're to a party" I furrowed my brows looking at him. He rolled his eyes.

"Yeah, but we're in a closet and the door is locked"

"And again, I am not that kind of girl" I snapped. Did he really think that I would do something like that in a place like this? If we did do it, I would like it to be special. Plus, I wasn't too sure I wanted with him anyway.

"I know you aren't, geesh" he loosen my legs to allow me to stand and I did although it was a bit shaky, but I did and folded my arms.

"So, why would you even imply that?"

Lucas backed away from me, running his hands through his hair the same way I had just a couple of seconds ago. "It's just hard, Raine"

"So what, you just do a girl where ever you guys are?"

I didn't want the answer to that question. I felt my heart thump and my throat bobbed. I know Lucas wasn't a saint when it came to girls.

I have never actually seen him with a girlfriend, but I have heard stories of him hooking up with a lot.

I watched Lucas's whole demeanor change. He wasn't flustered anymore from a hot make-out session. Nor was his pupil dilated so much that his eyes almost looked black. He looked stiff now and his eyes were back to being the arctic ocean.

"At least, they don't give me too much mouth," he said, his lip quirking up to the end.

I felt anger shot through me, but I wouldn't let him see that he had gotten to me. I wouldn't let him see me fall.

Instead, I squared my shoulder and reached for the doorknob, turning only to give him a couple of last words, "Lucas, go frack yourself"

I unlocked the door and rushed out to seeing everyone gone besides Sally, Oscar, and Matt sitting on the couch looking at the door that I just burst out of.

"Oh great, you decided to jack off two guys in my closet. Raine, I did not know you had it in you" Sally said dryly as she applaud slowly. "Didn't I told you that she isn't who you thought she was?" she looked over to Oscar who was staring at me with anger.

I felt my heart beating rapidly. I wasn't some slut. I was just playing the game. I didn't even do anything remotely to that, but I can see where on the outside what I did can be viewed as that.

I swallowed looking over at Matt for some odd reason, "Where is Madi?" I asked. I don't know why I thought that Matt would provide me with an answer. He wasn't on my side. He wasn't the good guy. None of these people around me right now was.

"What? Are you going to have a threesome with Lucas?" Sally teased. I stepped over to her.

"Shut up tramp! You don't know what you're talking about!" I told her and she rose from the couch.

"Really? Because I just saw two guys come out of there and only you, slut" she spat.

"You shouldn't talk. You're the meaning of the word by every letter" I snapped back.

We both stood there staring at each other with hard eyes and I was really only daring her to hit me, so I would have reason to really put my hands on her. However, Sally knew her enemy well.

She knew that I wouldn't back down from a fight, so she would never go in head first with me. Instead, she turned to Oscar "I just wanted you to see" she told him and pushed me out of her way as she walked ahead.

I stood there seething. I was so furious with anger.

I was angry with Lucas. I was angry with Oscar. I was angry with Sally. I was angry with Madi for not being here right now and most importantly, I was angry with myself for being so stupid.

Of course, Lucas doesn't see me more than some pon he can use. He practically made me felt as though I was soaring in the sky, just for him to shoot me out of it.

I was mad because I boarded his plane. I let him buckle me in and I let him crash with me.

"Oh my gosh, Raine. You okay?" Madi's voice came over to me and I looked over to her. I didn't even know I was in the same spot just staring at the wall.

"Yeah, but I want to go home" I answered. I noticed that Flint was standing beside her and she looked over at him before looking at me with her mouth open.

"I-okay. Yeah, sure. Let's go" she nodded and grabbed my hand. I kept my head down in defeat.

I can't believe I allowed myself to go that far with such a douchebag.

"Oscar and Sally are dating" I mumbled as Madi and I continued our walk to the curb.

"It's freaking weird," she said as she pulled out her phone and got the location.

"Did you found out how long?" I asked her, pulling out my phone to call a taxi. Knowing Madi, she would have this information by now.

"A month, she said. When Lucas couldn't take anymore and almost broke the door down the game ended and Sally started talking to me about them like I had "Give a Shit' imprinted on my forehead"

I couldn't help the little laugh that come out of my mouth.

"I can't believe that he went there. Wow. How did they even get together?" I asked, clicking call on the phone.

"I didn't wait to hear anymore. Flint asked me to dance" she rushed out and looked away. I was about to ask her more about it but the operator interrupted me. I quickly told them our location and they said they would be there within 15 minutes.

When I came off the phone, Madi was on her phone talking to someone, no doubt her mom.

I felt like she was trying to avoid questions about her and Flint, to be honest. So, I let her have this moment of no questions.

So, we waited in the taxi in silence, drove in silence, and got to my place in silence. We laid in my bed in silence too.

However, although we had no words over that period of time, my mind was clouded with so many questions. Especially about my friendship.

How did we get to this position in our lives?

Oscar was dating Sally. A person who he vowed he would never see himself with.

He was dating her. For a month.

Then, it was the fact that we weren't even friends anymore.

I think that's what was killing me the most.

Was it my fault?

Was it his?

Most importantly, can we fix it before it's too late?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

34.5K 877 15
Seventeen years old Sam Adams doesn't do well with people. He prefers staying home on the weekends and staying away from parties. He has only one fri...
48.7K 9.1K 35
One HIGH SCHOOL, Two STUDENTS One a HOT JOCK The other an AWKWARD NERD Both HATE each other UNTIL, One DAY, Everything CHANGES LOVE awakens... And...
617K 21.3K 60
"Don't do that." I mumble. "Why not?" His husky voice cracks as he speaks softly into my ear. Blood rushes to various places in my body. "You're m...
480 97 18
" It's not about who becomes your friend but it's all about who stays . " The beginning was great , a bunch of highschoolers who are friends since m...