Protecting Raine✔

Per GraceForever33

She was only trying to get through her last year of school with her two best friends. But, he came back... N... Més

Before We Begin!
One- "Oh Shoots"
Two- "Freak!"
Three- "Asswipe"
Four- "I Should Hit Him"
Five- "You'll Burn With Me"
Six-"This guy was...ugh!"
Seven-"How Do You Feel?"
Eight-"All Of This Is Your Damn Fault!"
Ten- "I Don't Even Want To Go!"
Eleven-"Sexy?"
Twelve -"Walking Contradiction"
Thirteen-"You're Strong"
Fourteen-"We Are Not Dating"
Fifteen-"I Should Run"
Sixteen-"Sleep Here"
Seventeen- "Twilight Fantasy"
Eighteen-"Black Panther (R.I.P)"
Nineteen- "You're A Princess Right?"
Twenty- "And The Party Goes On"
Twenty One- "I Remain Silent"
Twenty Two- "Little Red Dress"
Twenty Three- "Not Only You Have Secrets"
Twenty Four- "Eff The Code"
Twenty Five- "Have Fun"
Twenty Six-"I Followed Her"
Twenty Seven- "I Can't Freakin Do This"
Twenty Eight- "Guillianos"
Twenty Nine- "Gone"
Thirty-"I'm Sorry"
Thirty One - "Another Chance"
Thirty Two - "Remember The Clouds?"
Epilogue- "Protecting Raine"
A Sequel?

Nine-" Try Me"

846 22 3
Per GraceForever33

56 times.

56 times had I texted Oscar over the weekend. I called him 20 times. None of which was reciprocated.

Fine.

I would just have to see him in person. So, I waited.

When school came that Monday I try to get a hold of him, but he avoided me at all cause. His football buddies now his personal bodyguards. It was pathetic.

It was hurtful.

Oscar and I were friends-best friends for too long to let something- or someone like Lucas to ever compromise this. We had to fix this and fix this soon.

Tuesday, I stood at his locker waiting until he would come to it. I missed two classes and a break only for him to be a no show.

Wednesday, I waited by his car after school. He had to come this way right? Too bad he didn't. He caught a ride with one of the football guys that day and the next morning when I arrive early to meet him in his regular car spot - he had gotten his car sometime after school when I had left- he came with his friends and they drove to the other side of the parking lot.

It was freaking ridiculous.

I had went from sorry to angry after so many attempts. Oscar was making it seems as though Lucas and I were more than strangers-which we were. He was saying weird things and I just needed him to chat with me for a moment to understand where he was coming from.

I didn't want him to be angry with me. I wanted to fix what had happened between us, but I couldn't do that on my own.

Madi told me that I should just give him some room for a while, but really how much room did he truly need?

It has been two weeks now and he still has not spoken to any of us. He basically just disappeared on us for no reason! Ghost us!

It was hurting.

Friday, my hope of trying to relinquish our relationship was put out a bit. It was the day of our field trip and I just didn't have it in me to chase Oscar anymore. I couldn't take the rejection anymore. If he wanted to end our 12 years of friendship over some misunderstanding then there was nothing I can do about it anymore.

"I hope to see something really fascinating. Like landmarks or something" Madi said as we stood in the line to go on the bus.

I stood around twisting and turning to the number of children going on this class trip. It was the whole senior class and we were going to a Greenhouse.

I think it was cool, but judging on the faces of the others they were bored already.

"Maybe we will see those plants that actually eat insects. Now that would be cool" Madi continued on ranting.

"I doubt they would want us anywhere near something like that" I mumbled, following her as we stepped on the bus and made our way to our seat.

"They should. Why take us to see plants we see on a daily basis? Waste of time" she rolled her eyes as she dropped into her seat taking the window and I slide in beside her.

"It's a learning experience. All plants matter and we are going to learn more about all of them"

"Yeah, but I want to learn about something other than daisies" she contort and I shook my head.

I looked up seeing Sally walking in her posture so confident as she glides through the aisle. She glances at me with a smirk before walking past me to the back seat.

I rolled my eyes. I was just proud that she was actually coming to school more often now. The girl was known to be a professional ditcher. I guess when you're the child of the principal, you can get away with stuff like that.

Oh, and let's not forget that she's rich.

"Rumour has it that she's having a party and everyone's going" Madi whispered beside me and I raise my brow.

"And, you think I would be interested in this information, why?"

She shrugged and leaned back into her chair, "You said you're interested in attending all the hot parties since you missed a lot in junior year. I was just helping you out".

"Well, I'll miss that one due to the fact that I am not exactly liked by her and would like to avoid confrontation" I looked back up to the front of the bus out of instinct and my eyes connected to blue ones.

He was staring right back at me as he moved along the aisle. He wasn't like Sally's gliding, but he was smooth and slow. Tantalizing as he moved past me. The heat of his gaze had me stuck in some battle with him. I just couldn't look away.

When he was closer to me- on the verge of passing me, he smirked. His left dimple deepening and his eyes becoming lower.

Did I mentioned that the guy was gorgeous?

Not sure, if I did.

I really hated that about him. That he was so attractive compared to his personality.

After the whole fiasco with Oscar, I tried my best to stay away from Lucas. I didn't need any more of what Oscar was conjuring up to be true. I avoided him in the hallways and I walked the other way to my table. However, it did not stop the stares that came when we were in the same classroom or even in the cafeteria.

I was certain he was only concern about me because of what he thought I knew about him and his dad. I had told him everything, but I knew he figured I knew more. Not just based on what I saw that night, but my imagination.

I was still interested in exposing him, but now after seeing what I saw, I wasn't sure if I should even attempt to be that close to something so illegal.

My mother would frown on that.

So for now, distance. Distance is what will help Lucas and me for now.

Madi and I continued our conversation for the entire drive to the Greenhouse. The drive was 2 hours.

I know. I know.

Yes, Madi and I can really chat it up if we want to. It was our superpowers.

When we arrive there, my initial goal was to learn about the different plants. They were lined up on shelves and brief information on each plant was on a plaque before it. Some plants had warnings not to get too close, while others can be touched.

We were all on a line, Madi and I being the second to last and Sally with her arms wrapped tightly around Lucas was the fourth to last.

I was not keeping tabs on Lucas, at all.

I stepped closer to the plant to read its details.

"Tree of Heaven" I mused, reading over the words. It appears to be a good plant and I went forward to touch its leaves, but a hand prevented mines and pushed me away.

"You don't want to do that" he grunted, before pushing his fingers into the plaque and then lifting it off. It reveal another writing with the title Poison Sumac.

"Woah" I breathed retracting my hand from him and he nodded.

"Yeah, one touch of that, and you would have been covered in hives," Lucas informed me. I blinked up at him as he looked down at me his body still facing towards the plant.

"Well, who switched it?" Madi asked and I furrowed my brow in thought.

Lucas cleared his throat, stepping back. "Just don't touch no other plants" he warned, turned, and walked away.

I watched him pushed rudely through the other students before he got to his designated spot, next to Matt and Flint. Sally was there too and she looked absolutely pissed. As soon as he got next to her she started arguing with him, but one look from him had her pinning her mouth shut.

"Ok, now that wasn't freaking weird at all" Madi muttered beside me.

"Yeah and I can bet my life I knew who went ahead and change it" I muttered.

"Sally " we both grunted as we walked along.

I managed to keep myself from every plant after that and I also manage to keep my mind occupied on the reason why Lucas saved me from a rash.

How did he get here so fast?

Why did he even bother?

We weren't kind to one another. So, why did he do it?

I groaned while we board the bus one more time. I hadn't even learned anything on the trip. After Sally switched the information on the plant, I got doubtful that all the other descriptions were probably switched as well.

"Cheer up, don't let that hoe take away from your joy," she said as she slid back to the window seat again.

"I just don't understand why she suddenly has a target on my back" I sat next to her.

"Suddenly? Oh no darling, did you forget that she tried to get gum in your hair, but was caught red-handed, by Indy Finn"

I remembered.

We were in Junior year and I was sitting in the cafeteria with Oscar and Madi when Indy screamed my name and told me to watch out. I was a second away from Sally's assault and the gum ended up landing on the back of my shirt.

Freaking disgusting!

"That still doesn't answer why she hates me. I have never done anything to her. Never crossed her path" I bit my lip, thinking over the many encounters that I may have offended her but coming up empty-handed.

"Do bullies even need a reason? She's probably triggered that you have an ass and she doesn't. She thrives on insecurities. Hope she drowns in doubt" Madi grumbled.

I laughed and sat back shaking my head. "I doubt she has insecurities" I whispered.

"Everyone does. She's just mean about hers."

~~~

We came back during the last class of the school day. The teachers informed us that we can go home, but the students not being use to this lingered behind for the first time in history.

Madi and I took the time to sit on the benches that were under the tree overlooking the other seniors.

It felt almost serene to be here enjoying nature. The light chatters of my peers and the breeze blowing around me were enchanting.

A moment into Madi and I soaking in the sun, I felt a shadow-sorry, shadows cover me and I didn't have to guess to know who it was. Based on Madi's shocked expression, it confirmed my suspicion.

"You're invited to Sally's birthday party tomorrow," Matt said as he sat beside me. I felt Lucas slither on the other side while Flint took a seat next to Madi.

"What? " I asked. Lucas stretched in his seat, his shirt rising up to show his hard skin.

I did not mean to look there. It just happened.

"He said you're invited and your little friend too" he responded, dropping his arms and then resting them on the table.

"My name is Madison"

"We know" Flint answered before looking over to me. "By the way, I'm sorry for pushing you."

His voice had me stumped.

I wasn't expecting him to apologize for what he did. I damn wasn't expecting the intrusion either, so I guess unexpected things were happening.

"Well, we aren't going. It's not our kind of crowd" I answered. I subtly tried to back away from Lucas. I didn't like how my body was reacting to him. It felt weird.

He smirked at that.

"Did we sound as though we were asking?" Lucas scoffed, spinning out so that he straddle the bench and face me. "Plus, Little One owes me"

I felt my ears heat up as he raised a brow at me. Was he meaning that night I saw him and his dad?

How did I owe him from that?

"I don't owe you anything." I turned away from him. "The girl practically tried to kill me today. I think I'll pass"

"When since you avoided things you shouldn't be in?" Lucas's brows furrowed as he acted as if he was in deep thought.

Two things I noticed.

He didn't deny that Sally almost try to get me poison from a plant and the other was that he was definitely meaning that night.

"I always do. I won't be going" I looked over to Madi to see if she would agree with me. Stand firm by my side, but I could see that the bad crew was affecting her too. Her face reddened and she kept glancing at Flint sitting beside her, who by the way was just smiling lazily at her.

I heard a harsh breath release beside me and I looked over to Lucas staring boringly at me.

"Have you forgotten that I can actually force you to come?" he whispered leaning towards me.

"You don't have the power or gut" I whispered back to him.

He laughed. He leaned back, throwing his head into the wind and I watched the tattoo the crawled up on the left side of his neck become more evident.

It looked to be a stick with ribbon wrapped around it loosely and some words. I can only see "Mercy", but I knew it was more along his skin, hidden in his clothes.

He came closer when his laughter was cut, "Try me".

After he was up and out of the seat, walking away towards where ever the hell he was going.

I took deep breaths watching him. My mind walking over the words he said to me.

There was no way he can force me, right?

I stiffen when all the possible answers came to my mind.

Of course, he can. Lucas was in a gang. Well, his dad is in one, but I am sure he wasn't far. Plus, I saw what his gang does to people firsthand.

What makes me think that Lucas wouldn't do the same to me?

He is a bully. What makes me think he would do as he said?

Because, he said he's not his father, Raine. He is not cruel.

Ha! I screamed into my head.

This is Lucas.

This is the same guy that burned down a building in 8th grade and then another in 10th. Both times he didn't apologize for them. He said that they had to go. Both times he sat there at the crime scene and watch them burn down to the ground.

He may not be cruel like his father, but he was something.

"So, about the party?" Madi said, drawing me from my internal battle. I looked over to see that she was now by herself and flustered. "Are you going to tell me what Lucas was talking about?"

I froze and shook my head, "I don't even know what he was talking about" I gulped.

She hummed, "But he seemed to feel really confident on getting you to go. What does he have on you?" she quizzed.

"Nothing!" I said a bit too loud and then cleared my throat. "He has nothing on me. He's just a bully and want to bully me into doing things"

Madi raised a brow at me, "Well, is he getting what he wants?"

Yes.

"No" I answered. My voice waived and I bit my lip trying to think of some way that I can get myself out of this.

"The party is going to be big. If you do go, you don't have to worry about running into him?"

I stared at Madi in confusion as she pushed her hair behind her ear and looked down.

"Do you want to go?" I asked her. She kept looking down and I groaned. "You do want to go!" I stated this time.

Of course, she wanted to go. She was the one that brought it up the first time and now Lucas and the crew coming here was just like confirmation for her.

"Ok, we'll go" I comply, watching her eyes lit up and she looked up at me. "But, we are not going there early and we are not staying late" I warn.

I would do what Lucas ask me to do, but I wouldn't do it fully. I would go to the party spend an hour then go.

I was there and that's all that matters.

"Yes," Madi cheered, and then a second later she frowned and rest her head on the table. "No" she groaned.

"What?" I giggled watching her.

"Mom won't allow me to go to a party without ..." she didn't say his name and it was good because we both couldn't say his name without getting too emotional.

We both lost a friend-a great friend and he wasn't even dead. He was alive walking around, but now unavailable for us. I didn't even know which was worst.

I reached over grabbing her hand and resting it in mines, "You can tell her you're sleeping over by me. When last did we have a sleepover anyway?" I smiled at her.

She frowned, turned into a small smile. "You're right. okay"

Continua llegint

You'll Also Like

Green & Grey Per leiiii403

Literatura romàntica

8.7M 228K 65
WARNING! This story was my first (unedited/draft). Grammer, plot, etc is messy so please beware! thank you :))) - He couldn't get enough of the emera...
Forever Rain Per Emma Trang

Literatura romàntica

837 59 29
Rain Harder. Damon Welding. Not only do they not share the same background nor social class, but their personalities couldn't be any more different...
1.7K 162 21
"I don't think we will survive this!"I said,exasperated. "I don't believe it neither!"He said bitting his lower lips."But I have a plan that involves...
52.1K 830 25
"𝐋𝐞𝐭 𝐦𝐞 𝐟𝐮𝐜𝐤 𝐲𝐨𝐮. 𝐋𝐞𝐭 𝐦𝐞 𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮." 𝐈 𝐛𝐢𝐭 𝐦𝐲 𝐥𝐢𝐩. "𝐅𝐮𝐜𝐤 𝐦𝐞 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐬𝐞." 𝐇𝐞 𝐬𝐦𝐢𝐫𝐤𝐞𝐝. 𝐇𝐞 𝐩𝐢𝐜𝐤...