soulmates // damon salvatore...

By aesthetic_rozes

Alexandra has finally reached the point where she's becoming independent. With her and her bestfriend, Elean... More

please read .
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
please read .

13

2.4K 61 4
By aesthetic_rozes

Alexandra's pov

I'm standing at my locker right now just staring off.  I can't stop thinking about the conversation I had with Damon and how I was so close to getting somewhere.   I don't understand why he's not as interested as I am to figure out this strange connection between the two of us.  But Stefan did say his emotions are off, so I guess it wouldn't matter anyway. 

I don't see Damon hurting me though...at least not again.  I don't feel scared anymore when I'm around him.  There's something about him that seems lost.  Yeah...apparently he's a killer.  I can't even wrap my head around that.  Stefan tells me he feeds on humans whereas Stefan feeds on animals. 

Part of me wonders if Damon will ever turn his emotions back on.  That to me is the only way I'll get answers.  But now with Katherine being back in the picture, apparently there's low hope.  But Stefan has hope in me to bring the old Damon back.  I don't even know what the old Damon is like, but he must be good for Stefan to want him back. 

"Alex" I heard and looked to see Stefan walking up to me.

"Hey" I said.  I see Elena walking down the hallway and I smile at her and she smiles back but then completely ignores Stefan and keeps on walking.

"Elena" Stefan said but she kept walking.

"Are you guys fighting?" I said.

"No...not fighting.  Just...Elena found a picture of Katherine" He said.

"Okay...is that bad?" I said and he sighed and pulled something out of his pocket and I grab it looking at it.

"Oh my..." I said staring at the picture of Katherine who looks identical to Elena.  "How is this possible?" I continued.

"Elena is Katherine's doppelgänger." He said.

"Wait so...you dated katherine? And now you're dating Elena...who happens to look exactly the same?" I said.

"No, don't do that.  You sound just like Elena.  It's not like that.  Elena and Katherine are completely different.  Of course, when I first saw Elena, I wanted to get to know her.  It didn't make sense to me, but I fell in love with Elena.  She is not Katherine" He said.

"That's really sweet, Stefan.  It's just...wow, all of this vampire supernatural stuff gets crazier everyday" I said.

"Can you talk to her please?" He said and I just looked to him and nodded.

"Yes, I will talk to Elena" I said and he smiled and then I saw him staring at my neck.  I look to him confused and then I grab my neck and feel the necklace I'm wearing.

"Is something wrong?" I said.

"Where did you get that necklace?" He said and I just stood there confused.

"Uhhh...I'm not sure.  I can't remember.  Why?" I said and he just looked around and then grabbed my arm pulling me into an empty classroom.

"Stefan?" I said.

"That necklace...I've seen it before" He said.

"Okay...where?" I said and then he just ran his hands through his hair thinking.

"Damon" He said shocked.

"Damon?!" I said.

"Did he just give that to you?" He said.

"What? No...I've had it for like...ugh! I can't even remember" I said frustrated over the fact I can't remember anything and he just stared at it.

"I'm going to try something, okay?" He said.

"Okay" I said. He grabs onto my shoulders and he looks me in the eye and I just stare into his.

"Take the necklace off and hand it to me" He said and then let go of me and I just stand there confused.

"Am I supposed to give it to you?" I said and he just stood there for a minute.

"I tried to compel you...it didn't work" He said.

"So, what does that mean?" I said.

"It means there's vervain in that necklace. And it also means that necklace did come from Damon" He said and I just stood there.

"How do you know for sure?" I said.

"Because I watched Damon make that necklace...a long time ago. And he said when he found you...he was going to give it to you" Stefan said confused.

"But...Damon and I have never met before. So, how do I have it now?" I said.

"Unless you guys have met before" He said and I just stared at him.

There's no way.

•••

Damon's pov

I'm standing out front of Alex's house right now.  I've been just staring at it for awhile now.  I keep fighting back and forth with myself.   I'm fighting mentally between Alex and Katherine.  I love having my emotions off, don't get me wrong.  It just feels free.  But, that doesn't mean there's not something trying to pull me to turning it back on. 

I see a car pull up and I stand across the street still watching.  I see Alex and Elle get out of the car and then notice Stefan get out too and I roll my eyes.  He's just everywhere, isn't he?  I decide to make myself known and I start walking across the street which puts their attention on me and I smile a little.

"Why isn't it nice to see you guys here.  Especially my dear brother" I said and Stefan stepped up a little.

"We live here" Elle said with a slight attitude

"I figured that" I said.

"What are you doing here, Damon?" Stefan said.

"Were you following us?" Alex said.

"Just happened to be in the area.  Strolling through the woods" I said.

"Let me guess...feeding on people" Stefan said.

"You know, I tried it your way, brother.  I don't know how you do it." I said.

"It's called self control" Stefan said.

"Right...vampires" Elle said and I looked to her.

"Great, you know.  Why don't you just tell the whole town, Stefan" I said.

"I told her.  It was me" Alex said and I just looked to her.  I then notice the necklace she's wearing around her neck and instantly feel something rush over my body.  That's the necklace I gave her...

"Damon" Stefan said noticing me staring at it.

"You know, I do give you credit for feeding on animals.  Must take a lot of strength.  But...my preference? I love the taste of warm human blood" I said stepping closer to them.  I can feel myself starting to get angry.  I have to get angry or else I'll feel.  Seeing Alex wearing that necklace is pulling the emotion out of me and I can't let it happen.

"Guys, go inside" Stefan said to the girls but they just stood there a little confused.

"We're all in the middle of a nice conversation, Stefan.  Don't be so rude" I said.

"Feeding on humans can't be what you make it to be" Alex said speaking up.

"If only you knew the taste of the blood going down your throat.  The feeling of strength you get...the adrenaline.  Being in control and having others fear you.  It's pretty liberating" I said.

"Damon, stop" Stefan said.

"What's the fun in that?" I said still getting closer.

"This isn't you" Alex said to me and I snapped my head to her.

"You have no clue who I am" I said walking up to her and Stefan grabbed onto me.

"Didn't touch her, brother" I said and he let go. I go to attack Stefan but stop when I hear Alex

"Wait!" She said and I looked to her. "If anything means something...this does, doesn't it? It came from you...right?" She said holding onto her necklace and I just saw Stefan staring at her and then me concerned and scared about how I'll react.

I just walk up to her pissed off and then I rip the necklace off of her and crush it and she just stares at me in shock. "You should really stop trying so hard to know things you don't need to know. Now, you've got me mad" I continued and then looked to Elle.

I use my speed and run knocking Stefan down and then go up to Elle and bite her neck. She lets out a scream and then I hear Alex screaming at me to stop too. I continue drinking her blood and then I feel myself get pulled off and I turn to see Alex. I just stare at her and can see the fear in her eyes.

"Damon, don't" She said. I start fighting myself again and then I just use my speed to run off because I'm not going to hurt her.

I can't.

Alexandra's pov

I watch as Elle drops to the ground holding onto her neck crying and then Stefan runs over to her biting his wrist. I go over too kneeling down next to her and Stefan holds his wrist out to her. "Drink this" He said.

"What?!" Elle said.

"Elle, do it. It'll heal you" I said and she just looked to me and then nodded and drank from his wrist. She pulls away then wipes her mouth and Stefan helps her up.

"Is it better?" He said.

"Yeah" She said nodding.

"Elle. I..." I started saying and she just shook her head.

"It's fine. I...I'll be inside" She said and I just gave her sad eyes and watched as she walked inside the house. I just turn to Stefan and see him staring at me with a look of sympathy and I sigh.

"He's a ticking time bomb. Anything will set him off" He said.

"Yeah...I see that" I said.

"This is why I wanted to handle it" He said and I ran my hands through my hair.

"You see it too, don't you? It's like he wants to talk about it. He feels some sort of emotion, but he's not letting it come out" I said.

"That's typical Damon. Except, he's normally good at pushing it away. But with you...I can tell he's struggling" He said.

"All I'm trying to do is figure out what those dreams meant." I said.

"He's pushing it away for a reason. I know Damon. If he didn't care...he would've killed Elle right there. Or hurt you" He said and I just stared at him.

"There's nothing we can do, is there? We're just going to have to wait for him to come around?" I said.

"No...if we do that, he'll never come around. I just...we have to keep trying. Damon just makes it hard" He said.

"So, are you saying I can help with this now?" I said and he just stared at me.

"I don't think my brother will hurt you. But...if you do what I need you to do then I'll let you help" He said and I nodded.

"Okay. What do I need to do?" I said.

"We need to get you on vervain" He said.

•••

I'm at the grill right now about to meet up with Elena. Stefan had me drinking this disgusting tea that had vervain in it. Apparently the more I have in my system, then Damon won't be able to drink my blood or compel me. Although it shouldn't even be a problem because of how Damon reacted to my blood before. But it's just to be safe. And...I have to do this because Damon destroyed the necklace that had vervain in it.

Elle and I talked before I came here. She's a little shaken up by what happened and I feel horrible. I don't know if I regret telling her now or not. I don't like that I brought her into this and now I'm going to make sure she won't get hurt again by Damon.

"Alex" I heard and looked to see Elena walk into the grill.

"Hey" I said standing up and hugging her and then we walked back to the table I was sitting at.

"Thanks for inviting me out" She said and we sat down.

"Of course. You know, I thought we could talk vampire" I said.

"Did Stefan send you?" She said and I shook my head.

"No...no. All me" I said partially lying.

"Is it about Stefan?" She said.

"It can be. You know, Stefan...Damon...Katherine..." I was saying and she cut in.

"Katherine? So, he did tell you" She said.

"Yeah, but he was just ranting. He didn't mean any harm" I said.

"No, it's okay. I know he considers you a close friend. I'm not surprised he told you" She said and I felt a little warm. I didn't think Stefan considered me a close friend. It's kind of nice hearing that.

"Well, how are you feeling? I'm not going to lie...it was a little shocking" I said.

"Yeah, extremely" She said.

"What's going through your head?" I said.

"I don't know. I know Stefan cares about me. But seeing Katherine and how identical she is to me...it makes me wonder Stefans intentions" She said.

"Understandable. And, Stefan clarified all of that with me. I can tell you that he has no bad intentions and he loves you, Elena" I said and she just smiled a little.

"Maybe I'm just not used to all of this vampire stuff" She said.

"I think you should talk to Stefan" I said and she just nodded.

"You're right" She said and I just smiled a little.

"You don't have to worry anyway.  It's Damon who's invested in Katherine...and bringing her back.  Stefan thinks he's crazy" I said.

"Her coming back doesn't sound like a good thing" She said.

"Yeah, well, Stefan doesn't really believe it anyway.  He said there's no way she could possibly come back.  He's convinced she's seriously dead" I said.

"So then why isn't Damon?" She said.

"I don't know.  He doesn't really talk about anything.  You know, this urge to figure things out is like eating me alive.   I just can't understand this whole dream thing.  Especially during different times in our lives.  And now with all of this Katherine stuff, I don't know if I'll ever figure it out.  She's the reason he stopped feeling or stopped having those dreams.  So now, I'm sure there will be absolutely nothing we get from him" I said.

"Stefan always says that once your switch is off, it's extremely hard getting it back on.  They get so comfortable and used to feeling nothing.  To them, it's more convenient" She said.

"Yeah, well, Damon seriously needs to get his turned back on.  Not even for the fact of figuring this out, but because he's dangerous and he doesn't care at all" I said and she just looked down.

He's going to keep killing and hurting people.

•••

It's nighttime and I'm sitting outside in town just staring at the bell tower. Elena left not too long ago to go talk to Stefan and I'm just sitting here thinking about life.

"Mind if I join?" I heard and looked to see Damon standing next to me.

"Yeah, actually I do mind" I said and he just sat down anyway and I sighed.

"I didn't mean to attack your friend" He said.

"So, what? You're saying it was an accident?" I said.

"I was pissed off. And when I'm pissed I tend to loose control" He said.

"So I keep hearing...and seeing" I said.

"I've got a lot on my plate" He said.

"Killing people?" I said looking to him.

"A girl...Katherine.  I'm sure you heard about her" He said and I just look away from him back to the bell tower.

"I've heard some things" I said.

"Yeah? Like what?" He said.

"How you and Stefan knew her decades ago.  She turned you guys into vampires.  There was a little love triangle thing going on" I said.

"Well...not necessarily wrong" He said.

"She made you turned your switch off" I said.

"No...she's not the reason for that one" He said and I looked to him again.

"So, what is?" I said.

"Wouldn't you like to know" He said standing up.

"Yeah...actually" I said and he just grinned a little.

"Come on.  You're not gonna get any real view of the bell tower from down here" He said and I looked to him confused.

"The view looks pretty good to me" I said.

"That's what you think.  You haven't been up close yet" He said and then pointed to the top.

"You want me to go up there?" I said.

"Why not?  Live a little" He said.

"You know, I shouldn't even be with you right now.  Not after what you did" I said.

"Look, I'm sorry, okay?" He said.

"Seems like you're always apologizing to me for something" I said.

"Be glad you even get one" He said and I sigh.  "Are you coming or not?" He continued and I looked up again.

"I don't know" I said.

"I know this is probably hard to do.  But trust me on this one.  Can you do that?" He said staring at me and I just stare back.

Can I trust him?

Thank you guys for reading ! I hope you all enjoyed chapter thirteen.  Feel free to leave comments and even message me if you love TVD. 
Love, K.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

975K 18.1K 25
In a small town called mystic falls Nina Gilbert , her twin brother Jeremy and her older sister Elena are grieving over the loss of their parents. No...
2.9K 52 13
A Petrova Doppelganger An Original Hybrid A Vampire And a betrayal Both Katherine and her sister were on the run , being hunted , but for very diffe...
320K 9.7K 33
Everyone knows the story of Stefan and Damon Salvatore, the two brothers who return to Mystic Falls and fall for none other than Elena Gilbert, doppe...
17.4K 529 23
Alexandra Wilson has a secret that even she doesn't know, but somehow, a very old vampire has figured it out. After Elias killed her family in front...