Chicago

By krector

When all is said and done, it's a family. More

Waited a lifetime
Blind spot
Its too dangerous
Patrol
Shes slipping
Im done
Jay
Im sorry
Feelings
New beginnings
Every time
Firehouse 51
Arson
Your blessing
Wedding
Kim
Shot
Where's Voight?
Prove him innocent.
Mom would be so proud of you
No one should have to make this decision
Tell me im doing the right thing
We looked happy
To new beginnings and everything, right?
I can handle it
Politics
Part 2
I believed him
The past comes to haunt
They didnt really love me.
Its your dad, Jay.
War hero
Bad dream
To save lives
Hi Dad
This job, how do you do it?

I got you

471 3 1
By krector

Jay POV:

After everything that happened the past week we were meeting with her mom for brunch. We were talking about how some of our friends were adjusting to single life and dating again and we were reminiscing our own.
" ya know like the late nights out and meeting up with new people on the daily.. not knowing who's gonna stick around or if it's just a fling." I said

"Okay... that's your ideal situation." Brooke said laughing.
"I never said ideal." I said and she looked at me and I just looked back at her.
Brooke cleared her throat "she's late."
"How long do you want to sit and wait for her?" I asked

"You know you're right this was a bad idea let's just go." She said
"That's not what I was saying. Listen you wanted to hear her out so let's hear her out." I said. A little while later her mom walked in.
"You're late." Brooke said. She looked at Brooke and then at me and back at Brooke.

" jay, would you mind? Could we just have one minute?" Her mom asked.
"Sure." I said getting up but Brooke grabbed my arm.
"No. She said and pulled me back down "he's my husband, mom. Father of my child. So, what you can tell me you can tell him. What's up." She said
"I don't think who they thought your father was is really your dad. I think who I told you it was is really your dad so I think you should give him a call." She said and I just looked at Brooke.
"No, mom." She said
"What? What do you mean? Have all of your friends gotten to your head? This is your dad we're talking about."
" I mean no, mom.  No more games. No more ' maybe it's him' or 'I'm positive it's him'. Game over. We found my dad. DNA test and all. No one got to my head, mom, besides you. If anything they helped me find clarity and closure and myself and that's everything that you took away from me." She said. Our phones went off.
"You're not gonna just go..." her mom said
" yeah we are. It's work. Bye mom." She said and left and I followed.

We got called to a school for a possible bomb after Kim and Adam went to go check up on a missing kid and found notes in his journal leading to it.

"Thanks for helping us evacuate the schools." I said
"Happy to help. How's Brooke doing with everything?"
"She's alright. Met with your mom earlier. Tried to play off the whole he's not really your dad card again."
"Jesus.."
"She didn't buy it." I said and he nodded "hey, why don't you and Sylvie come over for dinner tonight?"
"Sounds good." He said and I smirked "hey good luck with this." He said motioning to the scene
"Thanks." I said.
"Jay!" Voight yelled
"Better get going." Matt said and I laughed
I jogged over there.
"What do we got?" I asked
"Nothing." Adam said

" and that's the problem. Something is here and I can feel it. Spread out. We don't leave until we find something or someone." Voight said and we nodded and looked around. A little while later Brooke called us over.
"No one step closer, no one key up their radios or phones." She said as she moved leaves and revealed a back pack.
"Brooke..." I started
"I know. Everyone back up slowly. Adam, get bomb squad back here." She said.
Voight came over.
"They have to be still in the area. Go. Ruzek, Atwater go talk to the staff." He said and we all slowly went looking for him.

Brooke POV:

Kim and I went in one direction.

Few minutes later....

"It's deactivated. We're all clear." Voight said
"Copy." I said
"Brooke." Kim said and I followed her glance.

" Colin Blake's friend." I said
"Who is he with?" She asked
"I don't know." I said "hey guys I've got the kid who had the journal talking to a white, bald male two blocks from the school."
"What do you want us to do?" Kim asked
"Bring them in." Voight said and we started to walk towards them but then the older guy noticed and they took off running.
"They're running." I said and the team started to chase them down with us.

Jay POV:

Adam and I were right with the kid just down the street.
"Cut down and I'll keep going." Adam said and I nodded and cut down the next alley so I'd be behind him but he wasn't stopping. He climbed up to a train station and then headed down to the tracks.
"Wait! Don't!" I yelled but it was too late
"Jay!" Adam yelled and the kid jumped in front of the train and we all jumped across.
"You alright? You okay?" Brooke asked frantically.
"Yeah.Damn it!" I yelled. Voight made his way over with Antonio.

" our only option is to find Colin Blake. Keep talking to the teachers." Voight said and we nodded. Brooke looked at me.
"I'm good. I promise." I said and she nodded.

Couple hours later we got a ping that Colin Blake's phone was at the swim coach's house. Brooke and I headed over.

"Hey look." I said pointing to his car. It got spray painted pedophile. The door to the house opened.
"I was just about to call you." The teacher said
" something you want to explain to us?" Brooke asked pointing to the car
" I was hoping you could." He said
"Why don't we talk inside." I said and we went in "do you spend time with your students?"
"Yeah. Kids like Colin I help out. They're parents aren't around much so I invite them over to help with homework and cook them a meal." He said 

" that's going out of your way for a student isn't it?" Brooke asked
"These kids, they're not like the rest of them. They're held to a higher standard. We have a closer relationship with them."

"How close." I said
" they trust us." He said. After he explained more we left and went back to the school. We spoke to the principal but then we heard yelling in the hallway. Colin Blake was getting beat up by his classmates. We pulled them apart.
"We need to talk." I said and we brought him into the station. The swim coach was coming down the stairs.
"Colin you need to apologize for the car. You can't go making accusations about that type of stuff. I'm only trying to help you." He said

I looked at Colin. He backed away and didn't make eye contact.

" I think you should go." I told him and Adam escorted him out.  I brought him to the interrogation room.
"Talk to me. Whatever is going on you can tell me." I said but nothing "when I was in high school I went to a school like yours.  I didn't fit in. There were times that I just wanted to change schools. Go where I knew I could fit in. It's a hard time and I can only imagine how hard it is from the pressure from a coach." I said
"He's the problem." Colin said
"What do you mean?" I asked and he explained everything.
"Sit tight." I said
"Do I have to tell my mom?" He asked
" yeah, man. She'd want to know but I'll be right here with you if you want." I said and he nodded. I went to get my jacket so we can go get the coach. Brooke came over.
"You okay?" She asked

" do me a favor and don't leave me alone with the swim coach, cause..." I started

" hey, I got you ." She said and I nodded.

After we arrested the coach...

I was about to go talk to him when Hailey came up to me.
"Jay, you're too close to this. We've got it."
"What's that supposed to mean?" I asked
"You're not thinking straight. You're too emotional."

" you don't get it I was this kid. I was the outcast.."
" that's why I'm saying sit this one out." She said and went in the room. The kids mom came and I helped Colin talk to his mom and then she took him home and the coach was going to jail. I went to the locker room to go home.
"Hey, you okay?" Kim asked
"I will be." I said smiling. Brooke peaked her head in.
" I'll see you at home?" She asked and I nodded.
"One phone call away." Kim said and walked out.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

67.6K 1.3K 76
The next story following Three Teams, ONE Chicago in the ONE Chicago series. Make sure to read Three Teams, ONE Chicago before reading Our City, Ou...
18.4K 425 12
One Lie. Costs Everything.
442K 10.3K 38
all of kelly severide's wrongs led him right to her. © -stfurose, 2020.
132K 1.6K 56
~Completed~ *being edited* Im jamie Reagans daughter learn my life, we go through my childhood to teen years and how I meet my future love in the one...