I'm With You - Tommy Shelby

By Nellie01247

When Thomas Shelby returns from war, he doesn't expect the nurse who stitched him up to be in his hometown. H... More

DISCLAIMER
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
THE END

Chapter 8

19.4K 503 117
By Nellie01247

I sob into my pillow, feeling utterly disgusted I hadn't of realised sooner.

He hadn't of asked me on a date, always showing up late to pick me up from work, only ever kissed or held me in private.

I hear the front door unlock and shut, locking once again and heels click up the stairs.

"Mrs Richardson told me what happened," Jane softly says, slipping her shoes off and sitting next to me.

"Do you think it's true?" I ask, not able to stop the tears from gliding down my face.

"That's something I'm not sure about, but if it is I'll run away with you," she says, brushing my messy hair out of my face.

"What about Harry?" I say, lightly smiling.

"You mean the most to me, men come and go but best friends stick together. I'll run you a bath," she says, getting up.

"I love you," I call, Jane feeling more like a sister than my biological one. "I love you too," I can hear the smile in her voice.

"Right come on, it's already getting cold," she says; tugging me up. I sigh and walk into the bathroom, stripping. We have seen each other naked and grown up together since we were ten.

"Look what he's missing!" She says as I climb in.

I laugh, reaching for a tissue to blow my nose.

There's a knock at the door and Jane sighs going to get it.

"Where is she?" Tommy's calm voice asks.

"With Star," Jane simply lies.

"Then why are you here?" He asks her and I stay as quiet as I can.

"Same reason as you, you go speak to her, just don't break her heart," she says, shutting and locking the door before coming back upstairs.

"Is he gone?" I whisper, enjoying the lavender scented water.

"He is, after this we'll hide at mine, go through the back ways yeah?" She says, beginning to wash my hair.

***

"Remember when we stole that pie my mum made from the window and gave it to your dad," she laughs as a random record plays in the background.

"They never let us live our dream to be sisters," I giggle, forgetting how comforting her house always is.

"I have some good news," she says, causing me to sit forward on my seat.

"Please tell," I smile.

She shows me her left hand and on her ring finger sits a silver ring with a small blue rock on it.

"He didn't!" I take her hand to get a better look.

"He did! And I've got more to tell you," she says, making me clap in excitement.

"I'm pregnant."

"Congratulations!" I cheer, hugging her, "you'll be a great mother!"

"Now, who gave you this?" She asks, pointing to my necklace.

"Tommy did, should I give it back? I'm really not sure," I sigh, just wanting to celebrate for her for tonight.

"I haven't seen Lizzie with any new jewellery, how about you talk to him? I can walk you up to the stables so you can speak to Charlie and Curly first if you want," she suggests, holding my hand.

"Who will walk you back?" I ask, knowing it's late.

"Harry doesn't live too far," she winks.

"Well I'll walk you there and then walk to the stables," I say, putting my shoes on.

"Alright, but don't walk back by yourself, and meet me at mine tomorrow morning if you do talk to him," she says, slipping hers on as well.

"Knife?" I ask her.

"Your nurse bag?" She asks me, making sure she has it.

***

"What you doing here so late?" Charlie asks as he notices me walking over.

"Is it a crime to want to see my godfather?" I ask, seeing his eyes soften when he sees my tear stained face.

"Do I need to steal Monaghan Boy?" He asks.

"Not just yet, I'm going to talk to him first, Jade has asked me to," I say, seeing a dark figure walking up.

"That's him, pretend to be with Star, Curly had her out and I told Tommy he went with you," Charlie says, causing me to nod and run to her stall.

"She was good, knew the way home," Curly says, taking her tack off her. "I'll take Monaghan Boy at your word," he says, making me laugh.

"Evelyn," Tommy sighs, I don't turn around just yet, letting my sisters words get the best of me.

"What?" I ask, stroking Star.

"We need to talk," he calmly says.

"I'll have Monaghan Boy's tack ready," Curly whispers to me.

I nod and stuff my hands into my pockets, following Tommy into a more private area.

"Get your grubby hands away from me, I don't know where they've been," I spit, stepping away from him.

"Stop acting like a child, Evelyn," he calmly says, getting a cigarette out.

"Says the one who's been sleeping with Lizzie fucking Stark!" I yell, making him look at me.

"What are you on about?" He asks.

"My sister told me, Thomas! Jane doesn't even know the truth and Jane knows everything!" I huff, clenching my hands once more.

"I did," he simply says.

I whimper, allowing the tears to glide down my face as I go to walk past him and leave.

"Get off of me!" I spit, struggling to get out of his grip.

"I slept with her after I came back from the war, three times. She's a working girl and I paid her for it, then it stopped cause I met you," he says, blocking the exit and letting me go.

"So she didn't kiss you goodbye?" I ask, feeling incredibly stupid.

"No, you'd know that if you didn't run away with Star and Curly," he says, finishing his cigarette.

"I didn't, Charlie and Curly lied for me, I was with Jane," I whisper.

"But.. why aren't we official Tommy? And you never give me any sort of affection in public," I ask, still confused.

"I've been waiting for the right time, and do you know how much Arthur and John would tease me? They know you've made me soft, I don't need anyone else knowing," he says, laughing a bit.

"I haven't have I?" I giggle.

"You've made me crumble," he laughs, pulling me in for a kiss.

"Now no more tears," he says, wiping them from my cheeks.

"You can put the tack away Curly!" I call out as Tommy lifts me over his shoulder.

"Wait, you were being serious about taking Monaghan Boy?" Tommy asks, turning around.

"Yes, and then we'd come back and take your whiskey as well," Charlie laughs.

"You have everybody wrapped around your finger," Tommy laughs, putting me in his car.

***

"You had us all worried! Thought you weren't gonna come out your house," Arthur says as he barges into my kitchen.

"Leave her alone Arthur, she was upset," Tommy says, placing toast down in front of me.

"Look at this John! Making her bloody breakfast, what next? Buying her a house?" Arthur laughs, making me giggle.

"Don't," I'm quick to say to Tommy as I see him perking up at the idea.

"Where's Finn?" I ask, missing the young man.

"Out with Isaiah, who knows where," John laughs.

"Did you get the files?" Tommy whispers to me as he takes a seat next to mine. I nod, biting into my buttered toast.

"Why are all your cupboards empty? They were full last time I was here," John asks, looking around my kitchen for food.

"That's cause you ate it all John," I laugh.

"Can't you buy more? And why have I just found out your working more shifts? Did I annoy you that much?" Tommy asks.

"No and no, I'm working more cause Aurora needed money," I huff, my mood turning sour.

"How much?" He asks.

"A hundred pounds."

"A hundred fucking pounds!" Arthur yells, shocked.

"I had some saved before the war then saved more as I worked after," I simply say.

"I don't care how you got it, but why'd she need it? Isn't she rich living in London?" He asks.

"Her kids birthdays are soon and she ran out of money," I sigh, finishing my toast.

"And you gave her a hundred pounds?" John asks me. I nod in return, sipping my tea.

"Why?" Tommy asks.

"Gosh is this an interrogation?" I scoff before giving an answer.

"She said they ask about me and said she'll buy them a present and say it's from me."

"You do know she was probably lying," Tommy sighs.

"How would you know? You've never even met her," I huff.

"Well you are quite gullible," Tommy sighs, making John and Arthur laugh.

"Don't get in the bad books again Tommy," John teases him.

"I am not gullible! She had tears in her eyes and everything," I whine, scared that I gave away a hundred pounds of my hard earned money for no reason.

"I heard you asked where I was!" Finn says, walking in with Isaiah and Polly in tow.

"Right, I'll get your surprise out now," I say, clapping my hands as I pull the apple pie dusted with cinnamon out the oven.

"Where's my surprise?" Tommy asks.

"I was mad at you," I laugh, putting it in the middle of the table.

"I smell pie!" Jane runs in, causing us all to laugh.

"Your glowing!" I tease her, rushing to hug her.

"Congratulations!" Polly starts, realising.

***

"Have you every thought of becoming a baker?" Tommy asks as we walk to his office, the files in my bag.

"I am not giving up my favourite job to do something as a hobby, plus I hate cleaning," I giggle, waving to Esme as I see her sat on the stairs.

"I never said anything about cleaning," he says, shutting the door of his office behind us.

I get the files out my bag and place them in front of him, letting him read them.

"Do you want to come with me to get Michael?" He asks. I nod, having already read them to make sure they're the right ones.

"Now come here," he says, causing me to giggle and comply.

I shriek when he pulls me down into his lap, peppering kisses along my jaw, cheeks and then to my lips.

"Will you go on a date with me, Evelyn Loveridge?" He asks, making me laugh and nod, kissing his lips.

"I see your still wearing the necklace I got you," he smiles, kissing my collarbone.

"I haven't taken it off," I say, cupping his cheeks as I pull him in for a kiss.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.3K 188 26
Amelia's fear begins when she realizes the darkness within her family. She has always wanted to be part of the gang, Peaky Blinders, but now she is n...
56K 1.2K 43
Arthur Shelby has 0 to very little experience with children. Sure he entertains his nieces and nephews but it's not quite the same as being a father...
93.8K 2.2K 34
Georgina Shelby is the oldest Shelby sibling. She has always protected her family with everything she had. When the boys where away to war, she took...
525K 8.9K 29
He loved her in his own twisted way. In which Tommy falls for a young woman with a dark past.