Falling For You | ✓

بواسطة AlwaysLostInWords

#1 in Romance - 07.01.2021 Forced to be around each other because their best friends just happen to love each... المزيد

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40 *
41
42

Epilogue

12.5K 359 132
بواسطة AlwaysLostInWords

It's the last one...

***

A few months later...

"Are you nervous?" Nicole asked, watching the bride do her final touches.

Maggie turned towards her, smiling as warmly as she usually did, the new waves of her hair framing her face. Dressed in a modest, knee-length dress, with long sleeves, she looked radiant as ever.

"Not really," she shook her head gently. "I've known Burt for so long, I think I'm more happy than anything."

"That's so sweet," Nicole grinned.

Today, Maggie and Burt were getting married, a small, private ceremony that would be held in the large garden of the Campbell House.

Blake had organised everything...with Mia's help. He wanted this day to be as special as it could, marrying the couple at the place where they had first met.

All attending found this wedding to be the sweetest thing ever.

"When did you realise you were in love with him?" Nicole then asked Maggie.

She'd been out of the loop for most of this. It was only after she'd started dating Blake, did he let her in on what he thought about the two together and then how Maggie and Burt actually had feelings for one another.

Maggie smiled fondly, her fingers gently touched the earrings she wore, beautiful pearls that had been gifted by her soon to be husband.

"Burt and I have been working in the Campbell House for as long as I can remember. We were always friendly," she revealed.

Nicole then lifted her brows. "And then?"

She smiled at Nicole's curiousness. "When he left for a short period of time, I would always think about how much I missed him."

This surprised Nicole, since she had assumed Burt had always remained the employee of the Campbell's.

"He left?" She asked.

Maggie nodded. "It was only briefly," she then said. "He went to take care of his sister, before she sadly passed away."

It was a sad time in Burt's life and she still remembered the way he cried remembering his little sister.

"Did you tell him how much you missed him?" Nicole asked, smiling.

She didn't want Maggie to remember anything sad right now, it was a happy day and that's how it would remain.

Maggie looked at her with widened eyes, her hand against her chest. "No. I could never. My mother raised me to never say your feelings outright like that."

Nicole chuckled a little. "That sucks."

Her mother had told her to shut up many times, because she never stopped talking about her feelings.

Maggie looked at her and laughed as well. "I'm glad you don't think like that."

She was glad the generations now were raising stronger women, ones that would voice their opinions and not be held back. Women that did not have to wait to be allowed to share their feelings.

"Then what happened?" Nicole asked.

Maggie felt a deep blush come over her cheeks.

"Look at me, gossiping like a schoolgirl," she said, feeling shy all of a sudden.

"No, please. Tell me," Nicole urged her.

She found this all so adorable, especially the way she spoke about Burt, her feelings, and everything. Maggie was so cute, she was like sugar, coated in honey.

"I've always had feelings for him but never told him. He never got married or spoke of a significant other, so I only imagined he was still single. He mentioned about loving another, but this was back in his high school days and she was married now. He didn't feel for her anymore," Maggie carried with her story.

Nicole grinned, wiggling her brows suggestively.

"Because he fell for you," she said.

Maggie waved her hand. "Oh, stop it," she said, afraid she'd been red as a tomato. "It was really Blake that brought us closer together."

Now, this was something Nicole already had an idea about.

"Did he know?" She asked.

Maggie shook her head. "Oh, heavens no. I would never tell him," said. "It's just, we both had a hand in raising Blake and he was always so attached to us. We often had to spend time together because of him."

The time that she had spent with Blake, raising him, playing with him, all moments with him, they were all very special to Maggie.

He was like her own son, she thought of him that way. Blake was always so caring and kind towards her, he made her feel like family, a feeling that touched her heart.

"Clearly he was unknowingly playing Cupid. Probably even had the diapers," Nicole snorted.

The image of a little Blake, running around in diapers and Maggie and Burt chasing him was very amusing to Nicole.

"Then, the night that Burt and I were setting up the outdoor cinema date for Blake and you, we had a moment," Maggie said, whispering the last couple of words as if it were a big secret and she couldn't say it out loud.

Nicole smiled. "A moment?" She asked.

Maggie nodded, still blushing. "I was about to trip and he quickly came to my side. I felt like a princess," she gushed.

After this, Nicole couldn't help herself, she moved forward and hugged Maggie.

"Maggie, you're too cute," she said.

"Stop it, you," Maggie replied, hugging Nicole and patting her back.

When they broke the hug, Nicole sat by Maggie's feet, something she often did with her own mother.

"Then of course, Blake set you up on that blind date," Nicole said, looking up at her.

"That boy," Maggie laughed, shaking her head as she thought about the Blake. "He's always been so mischievous, never grew out of it."

Her words just seemed like praise to Nicole.

She knew exactly how mischievous Blake could be, and she loved it. Nicole really hoped that he would never grow out of it, because that was part of the charm of their relationship.

Fun and flirty, those were the two main words she'd use to describe her relationship with Blake, and hoped it would never go away.

"We began talking and that's then brought us to this day," Maggie said.

Nicole grinned. "I'm so happy for the both of you," she said.

Maggie smiled too, something that she hadn't stopped doing all day. "Thank you, dear," she then replied.

***

After getting Maggie ready, Nicole left the room.

She was going to be Maggie's maid of honour, her second time at the job and she was prepared. Nicole was making sure everything was in place and running smoothly.

Whilst she went to check on some last minute arrangements, before the ceremony was to begin, Blake headed to check on Maggie.

He knocked on the door, then heard Maggie call him in.

When Blake walked in, he was stunned.

"You look beautiful," he said, looking at the woman who'd raised him, wondering if this was indeed the same person.

"Thank you, Blakey," she smiled, her clutching onto the bouquet in her hands.

She was into her diamond jubilee of years at sixty-one, and her she still couldn't help but blush like a little girl.

Blake grinned at her. "You ready to get married then?" He asked.

Maggie nodded. "More than ever."

Stepping forward, holding out his hand towards Maggie, who instantly held it, and then he tucked into the crook of his arm, looping their arms together.

Blake smiled at her. "Well then, let's make this walk."

The two of them then walked out the room together. It was time for Maggie to get married.

***

With the ceremony taking place in the Campbell's garden, things were done a little differently than if it were the more traditional ceremony.

A floral arch had been created, designed especially for Maggie, containing her favourite flowers, pink roses.

It was the centrepiece, under which the ceremony would taking place and vows exchanged.

Nicole was already in position, quite eager to make do this walk, since the quicker she moved, the sooner Maggie would get married to Burt.

All their friends were seated, with Mr and Mrs Campbell taking seats up front.

Over the last couple of months, the ice between Nicole and Blake's parents had begun to significantly thaw.

They weren't as cold with her anymore. It was mostly Blake's Mum who began to really build a bridge with her. The two had gone out to lunch together and Cynthia had mentioned that she really wanted to be closer to Blake.

She regretted that the two weren't close and she really missed her son. Through Nicole, Cynthia was getting to know Blake, and she appreciated it.

David, Blake's father, still kept up his usual stoic composure, but he wasn't as rude anymore. During one dinner together, he even asked Nicole to pass him the salt, something that she knew was him warming up to her.

Whilst Nicole stood in position, at the doorway entrance to the garden, Margaret's husband-to-be stood by the altar.

Burt was dressed a smart, grey, three-piece suit, his shoes shiny as ever, and pocket-square in place.

His heart was thumping in his chest but then, the music started playing and he saw her...it was like he'd seen her for the first time.

Margaret. Just her name would make him smile. He'd held feelings towards her for so long, he just wished he'd had the courage to tell her long before.

That being said, he was still so very happy. In a few moments he'd be marrying the love of his life, all he left to do now, was wait just a little bit more.

***

"Hey, baby."

Nicole turned around at the voice of her boyfriend, and she grinned as soon as she saw him, with Maggie holding onto his arm.

This was probably not the time to think about it, but she really wanted to jump Blake right this second.

He looked so handsome. The navy suit he wore, fitted him in all the right places, he even wore a waistcoat. Nicole had no clue why that was turning her on, but it was, and she was trying to control her herself.

"Hey!" Nicole grinned.

She placed a quick kiss on Blake's lips, and then moved to hug Maggie.

The music slowly began to play, signalling that it was now time.

Maggie had no other family left, and so Blake was taking up the responsibility of both best man and also, walking the bride down the aisle.

"Deep breaths," Blake told Maggie, noticing the way her hand tightened around his.

She looked up at him and nodded with a smile.

Just as it was Nicole's turn to walk, she turned back towards Blake and winked, before starting to move her feet.

He just chuckled at her, quite happy with this view he was getting as she walked down the aisle.

Soon enough, it was Maggie's turn to walk and Blake held onto her hand tightly, not letting go until it was Burt who had to hold on.

He actually felt like a proud father, not really sure why.

When the ceremony took place, Blake kept his eyes on Nicole, not wavering for even a second, and she looked right back him.

Funnily enough, the two of them were thinking the same thing...this was the second time the two of them were stood at the altar, and not getting married.

'One day', Blake thought.

One day the two of them would be stood here again, but not for anyone else, just for each other.

He could practically imagine Nicole standing in a white dress, like some etherial-being. She would look so beautiful, his heart would either stop or skip several beats. Most likely, she'd wink at him then as well.

Nicole couldn't read his mind, but from the way he was looking at her, he was only thinking about her.

She wouldn't be surprised if he was being extra-sappy and imagining their own wedding.

Nerd.

Her thoughts were making her laugh and Nicole bit her lip to keep her composure, and that was enough to distract Blake, who know just looked at her lips.

It was only on when Maggie and Burt were declared husband and wife, did the two of them snap out of it and join in with all the cheers.

***

"What the hell was up with Blake and his stupid disappearing acts?" Nicole muttered to herself.

Every time she needed him around during an event, he somehow found that time to go missing.

Nicole decided to just stay in place and just let him find her now, tired of going in circles looking for the idiot.

Her eyes then drifted to the guests. Mia and Sebastian looked loved up as ever, slow-dancing to the music and no doubt reminiscing their own wedding. Chloe and Mason were next to them, smiling at one another, and being cute. Roman and Diana were sat at a table, whilst he was massaging her feet.

She could see Blake's parents dancing with one another too. Nicole had learned from Cynthia that David was trying to be a little more romantic and not such a workaholic all the time. It was quite sweet to watch.

Of course the bride and groom were together. Burt was feeding Margaret cake! Nicole almost wanted to cry at how adorable that was, but refrained from doing so, her makeup looked way too good right now.

It was weird how the last time she was at a wedding, a part of her felt sad. She never thought she'll have the chance at that everlasting kind of happiness, the one where you make promises and intend to keep them. A forever after.

Yet now, she had it all.

Nicole chuckled at her thoughts and then stepped back, only for her heel to get stuck in the grass a little and she stumbled back.

"Oh excuse..." she began to say, realising that she'd crashed into someone, only to look up and grin, when she realised who she bumped into. "Actually, never mind. Keep holding me."

Blake laughed, pulling her up to stand properly, but still holding her in his arms.

"How is it, drunk or sober, you always seem to bump into me?" He asked, smirking.

Nicole wrapped her arms around his waist and gave him a cheeky smile. "I guess I can't help falling for you."

"Cute," Blake smiled.

He really loved this girl.

The first time he saw her back at the club - now that he remembered it - he thought that she was pure fire. The way she moved, just like a flame, and he was that moth that was so ready to be burned.

That was then and this was now...yet he was still ready for her flame to consume him.

When she gave him that cheeky smile, just like the one she was giving him now, she looked like a devilish minx. Someone who could easily entice you to sin, and you wouldn't even bat an eyelid in resistance.

Now, she was a vision of radiance.

The navy dress she wore was now a new favourite of his. The high-neck was disappointing, but the back was left completely open, which made up for it. Soft material to touch and showed off enough off of long, tan legs. Blake was quite happy with her choice.

He then grabbed her hand. "Come with me, I want to show you something," Blake told her and began to lead her away from everyone else.

"Okay?" Nicole responded, following him, but utterly confused on what he'd want to show her at this time.

If it something sexual, she'd throw her shoe at him. It would be a tempting offer, but this Maggie and Burt's wedding, they couldn't just leave to do that...or could they? She then thought.

Blake took Nicole to a very special place, one of his favourite areas of this garden.

As soon as Nicole laid eyes on it, she was in awe.

"What the-" her words trailed off.

A gazebo. A freaking gazebo! This was where he wanted to take her and it was so amazing.

The tiny little hut was decorated with fairy lights and flowers, she was confused on why this wasn't used for the wedding. But then that selfish part of her liked that it hadn't, and that it was Blake that had most likely set this up for her, even if it wasn't her own wedding day.

"Do you like it?" Blake asked her, despite knowing the answer from that gobsmacked look Nicole had on her face.

"It's so beautiful," she replied, reaching out to touch one of the petals of the flowers.

She never had a preference when it came to flowers, never having thought about a favourite. However, now she did. Red Carnations, she loved them.

"Nicole," she turned when Blake called out her name. "I-...I have something to say," he said.

He looked nervous, which in-turn was making her a little nervous.

"Alright..." she replied, a little cautiously.

Taking a deep breath, Blake then got down on one knee, taking out a ring that he'd held in his pocket for the entire day.

Nicole looked at him with wide eyes and stepped back.

"Blake-" she said his name wearily.

"It's not an engagement ring," he blurted out, realising what she must be thinking right now, seeing him, ring in hand, down on one knee, it only sent across one message.

Nicole let out a shaky breath. "Okay," she replied, wondering what this was then.

"It's a promise ring," Blake smiled.

"A what?" She asked, her face scrunching up a little.

Blake looked at the adorable expression on her face and all the words he'd been rehearsing in front of his mirror flew out his head, instead he just said what he felt right now.

"We're both not yet ready for marriage and I know this, however I know someday I'm going to want all of this. I'll wait till I'm greying and you're..." he faltered when Nicole narrowed her eyes and then quickly corrected himself. "...Still hot as hell."

"I just want you," Blake continued, holding the ring up a little higher. "This ring, I just want it to symbolise a promise that I am about to make to you."

He was now on both knees and scooted a little closer to Nicole, holding her hands and looking up at her.

"Nicole Keahi, I promise to always love you. To forever be your man, loyal, honest and caring. I promise to always remain crazy about you. I also promise that I won't leave any chance to have my way with you when I can. I'll cook for you, we can be messy together, be stupid together and you can shop till you drop. I don't care, as long as I'm by your side," he vowed.

Tightening his hold on her hands, Blake smiled. "So, what do you say, Lychee? Will you accept?"

All those words. All those promises. He could just tell her loved her, but no, he had to pull something like this. How did she ever get so lucky? Nicole thought.

She then sniffled. "You're going to make me ugly cry."

"Don't do that," Blake said, let out an amused breath. "Your mascara will run and honestly, you look kind of scary."

Nicole smacked his shoulder.

That was a lie on his part, there was no way that Nicole could not look beautiful.

Her dark, alluring eyes. The way the just held secrets and you needed to know all of them. Her hair, that almost matched her eye colour, the straight locks cascading down. Her lips, a dark red shade and he was just itching for a taste.

Just one look into Blake's blue eyes, crystals that mimicked the ocean under the sun, his dimples, that accompanied his wicked smiles, like he knew your deepest desires, and it was only a matter of time before you told him yourself...Nicole already knew her answer.

Nicole then - not so gracefully - threw herself at Blake, who seemed to both catch her and keep hold of the ring.

She held Blake's face in her hands and kissed him, so deeply that he'd just know how much she loved him without her saying, because truthfully all words would fail her right now.

When she leaned away, Nicole rested her forehead against Blake's, feeling his heartbeat against her own chest, merging together.

"I don't think I'll ever regret falling for you, Passionfruit," she whispered.

"If you do, let me know," Blake began to say and carefully slipped the ring onto Nicole's finger, placing a kiss against it and then looked right into her yes. "I'll remind you all over again."

And just like that, the two were promised to each other.

Blake and Nicole, Lychee and Passionfruit, a flirty couple, a fruity cocktail, with an endless, everlasting taste...

***

And that's all folks...

This book had both been a pleasure and an absolute nightmare to write.

I remember by my fourth draft during the first lockdown, I was so over it and didn't know if I wanted to continue. The lockdown blues got to me and it was hard, but seeing how many people wanted it and asked for it, I knew I just had to get this done.

Nicole and Blake were one of the highlights of Back to You, and I'm actually glad I got to write about them. It's also my first ever spin-off, which is interesting.

I also honestly never thought I'd write and publish a book during a global pandemic, but here were are.

This year has been so crazy, as if out of some warped reality. It's been such a struggle, on both our health and mind, and it's still not completely over.

But to whoever reads this, I hope that you are okay, you're safe and you keep happy.

I really want to thank you for giving this book a read and I hope you've enjoyed it.

If you miss these characters a lot, occasionally there will be an update on my bonus chapter book 'Extras for You'. There's not fixed update for this, it's honestly just when I get time to write them.

I haven't decided what I'll write next, but hopefully it won't be that long of a wait.

Once again, thank you so much for all the reads, votes, comments and 'adding to your reading lists'.

It's bye for now x

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

90.4K 3.1K 29
First book in Billionaire series #TheBillionaire'sLove She hopes for love. He runs away from love. She never breaks the rules. He makes his own rules...
3.7M 126K 51
#1 in Assistant - 14.12.2019 #1 in Billionaire - 20.12.2019 #10 in Romance - 23.12.2019 #2 in New Adult - 23.12.2019 #1 in Hurt - 26.12.2019 #5 in Fu...
4.9K 177 38
"You've become so damaged that when someone tries to give you what you deserve, you have no idea how to respond." He says taking a step closer to me...
425K 19.6K 45
This book is a RomCom book(Romance comedy). Read if you love laughing.😊 CURRENTLY EDITING AND WORKING ON RE-WRITING. PLEASE IGNORE SOME IMMATURE THI...