Birthday Special! [Kuroo Tets...

By Mizucchi

Hey there! Do you know what kind of life these awesome Captains have outside from their own sports? They're... More

Hey There!
Miyuki Kazuya -Deadball-
Makoto Tachibana -Wake Up-
Kuroo Tetsurou -Observant-
Makoto Tachibana -Birthday-
Kuroo Tetsurou -Birthday-
Miyuki Kazuya -Birthday-
Kuroo Tetsurou -Spike-
Miyuki Kazuya -Catch-
Makoto Tachibana -Swim-
Miyuki Kazuya -First-
Makoto Tachibana -Finally-
Kuroo Tetsurou -Different-
Makoto Tachibana -Iwatobi-
Kuroo Tetsurou -Nekoma-
Miyuki Kazuya -Seido-
2016
Hello!
Kuroo Tetsurou ~My One and Only Wish~
Miyuki Kazuya ~The Sorcerer and His Lover~
Tachibana Makoto ~A Promise is A Promise
Miyuki Kazuya ~Unsent Letter to Heaven~
Tachibana Makoto ~Letter for Team~
Kuroo Tetsurou ~Letter to The Other Side of The World~
Tachibana Makoto ~Happy Birthday!~
Kuroo Tetsurou ~Happy Birthday!~
Miyuki Kazuya ~Happy Birthday!~
2017
Aye Aye!
Makoto Tachibana -Old Friend-
Miyuki Kazuya -Please Smile-
Kuroo Tetsurou -Don't, Stop-
Kuroo Tetsurou -Over Coffee-
Miyuki Kazuya -I Miss Him-
Tachibana Makoto -Can You Hear the Sea Singing?-
Miyuki Kazuya -We Can Take Small Steps-
Makoto Tachibana -The Boy with The Cute Smile-
Kuroo Tetsurou -If You Want It-
2018
2019
Kuroo Tetsurou --Plushie--
Miyuki Kazuya --Handcuffed--
Makoto Tachibana --Phone Call--
Miyuki Kazuya --Baking--
Makoto Tachibana --For What it's Worth--
Kuroo Tetsurou --Count--
Tachibana Makoto --Tachibana Makoto was...--
Kuroo Tetsurou --Regret--
Miyuki Kazuya --a bit longer--
2019!
Heyyo!!
Tachibana Makoto [Shopping]
Kuroo Tetsurou [Summer]
Miyuki Kazuya [Winter]
Miyuki Kazuya [Not Bad]
Tachibana Makoto [Holiday]
Miyuki Kazuya [Different]
Kuroo Tetsurou [Different]
Tachibana Makoto [Different]
Kuroo Tetsurou [Follow]
Tachibana Makoto [Mark]
Miyuki Kazuya [Color]
Tachibana Makoto [Childhood Friend]
Kuroo Tetsurou [Last Night]
Miyuki Kazuya [A Good Friend]
Thank you!!

Kuroo Tetsurou [Blue Rose]

36 2 0
By Mizucchi

Continue with Kuroo! This one is an x Reader!

With how things are, might stretch this and write till December...

This is kinda rushed but oh well...

Prompt: Flower

* * * * *

Kuroo never understood how much you love flowers.

Sure, in his opinion, flowers were beautiful. They have a wide variety of species, all with their own meanings and colors. Ever since you were little, you babbled about the kind of flowers you saw on the picture books your mom bought you. The fact that both you and Kuroo, and also Kenma, lived near a flower shop only intensified your fascination to it.

"They're magical, Tetsu!"

He remembered you told him that. One summer evening when the sky had turned orange as Kuroo and Kenma sat side by side, sweaty and dirty from the impromptu volleyball game they did earlier while you sat on the sidelines with another book your mom bought for you.

"Each of them has different meanings. Look, even the amount of roses you give to someone has different meaning! And not to forget, the colors! Isn't it beautiful?"

"Well, yeah, they are," he replied, tilting his head to the side in confusion, "but you basically give flowers to someone because you like them, right? Why does it matter with how much you give them and what color you choose?"

He remembered you groaned, throwing you head to the back. "You don't understand! It's beautiful because it means our feelings are properly delivered. Like, whether you just want to say thank you to that person, or if you actually feel the same towards that person. Look," you shoved a page in front of him, "you can even say 'I hate you' in flower language."

"Geh, why would you do that." Kuroo pushed back the book.

"For the aesthetic, Tetsu, the aesthetic."

Kuroo remembered throwing his eyes to Kenma, who had stayed quiet since the beginning, save for the small giggles he tried to hide behind his hand watching the two of you interact.

"Kenma, can you believe that? Saying 'I hate you' in flower language for the aesthetic, girls are confusing."

Kenma ignored him, "What about you?" He asked, "What's your favorite flower?"

You flipped through your book, eyebrows pinched together as your murmured under your breath. Kenma and Kuroo looked at each other in confusion.

"Hmm... gerbera is nice, but—oh, so are sunflowers. But Lily of the Valley is also beautiful. Oh!"

Your face light up as you turned your book for the two boys to see, a wide smile on your face as you practically shoved the page into their face.

"Blue rose!"

"Blue rose?" Kuroo asked, "that's a thing? I thought roses are red?"

"Tetsu doesn't understand a thing!" You whined, "Roses has a lot of colors you know! They have red, blue, pink, white, yellow, and even black! There's more if you want to know, like—"

Kuroo pushed the book again, "No, it's fine, we won't be going anywhere if you explain to me every color."

"Why blue rose?" Kenma asked.

You turned the book to you once again. "I like the color blue?"

"That's it?!"

"For someone who know each meaning behind it, your answer is very simple, [First Name]." Kenma mused. "Only because of the color?"

Kuroo remembered planting his hand on his face that day. The audacity of someone who always babbled about meaning of flowers liking a blue rose just for its color made him want to spike a volleyball into his face.

"Well," you said, "I do like the color. It's pretty, but I also like the meaning behind it."

Kuroo asked, "Oh, what is it?"

"In Asia, it means for perfect and fulfilled love. But in the western, it means obtaining the impossible."

"Obtaining the impossible?" He thought flowers were to say how much you love someone, why need a flower for such a deep meaning?

You nodded, "Yup! You see, blue roses doesn't actually exists in nature, they're genetically manmade. But that's why I love it. Even the impossible is possible, it feels like you can do anything, right?"

Truly, Kuroo never fully understand why you love flowers, but hearing you that day, he might have understand it a bit.

"Well, I guess that's nice." Kuroo looked away as he played with the dirty volleyball on his hands, completely missing the way your whole face light up even more.

"I knew you would understand, Tetsu!"

* * * * *

"Oi," a voice snapped him back to reality, "what are you thinking about? You look like a creep, stop it."

Turning his head to the side, Kuroo was sure that Yaku was close on throwing his bag to him. His hold on the sling was tight and there was a tick on his forehead. Thanks god for Kai who was beside them.

"Hm? Why? Yakkun, are you curious on what I'm thinking about? Aren't you the creep in this situation here?"

"Why you—"

"Now, now," Kai placed a hand his and Yaku's shoulders, "don't fight before match. Kuroo, there's someone who wants to see you." His fellow third year pointed at the hotel lobby, where most of the Nekoma players had gathered before going to the stadium for their match for the day. Everyone looked nervous the same time they looked excited. Kuroo couldn't blame them, at the end of the day, they will find out whether the legendary Battle of the Dumpster could happen this year or no. God, thinking about it made him nervous too.

"Me?"

"Yes, I think she's over there." Kai pointed at someone who, among the red of Nekoma's jersey, stood alone with a [F/C] jacket. Kuroo found the person.

"I'll be back." He said to both Kai and Yaku before making his way to the person.

"[First Name]!"

You looked up from your phone when you heard someone called your name. A smile blossomed on your face when Kuroo jogged lightly to you.

"What are you doing in here?" He asked. He pulled you away a bit away from the others when he noticed some of them stopped chattering.

You folded your arms in front of you, "What? I can't support my friends?"

"Do that in the stadium, you're lucky we haven't left yet."

"Don't worry, I asked Lev to tell me when you're leaving."

Kuroo raised an eyebrow, "So? What are you doing in here?"

"Oh, yes, I forgot." You rummaged through your bags before pulling out two blue roses. You gave them to Kuroo. "Here, think of it as a lucky charm."

"These are... blue roses?"

"Yup," you looked over his shoulder, "make sure to give one to Kenma, I haven't see him today."

Kuroo took the flowers from you, feeling the stem a bit different than the one they sold on the shop you worked part time job at. "This feels different."

"Of course, those are fakes, after all. Can't have them wither in the heat of stadium, right?"

"Okay," the captain nodded slowly, "but I still don't understand why you giving me these."

You rolled your eyes and groaned. "Ugh, Tetsu, you're so slow. Those are blue roses! Do you forget what they mean or should I pull out a Wikipedia to you?"

Kuroo thought for a bit, "Oh! Don't they mean perfect love or something?"

"Yes, but for this time, it's the other meaning."

"The other meaning," Kuroo tilted his head, "Oh! Obtaining the impossible?"

"Yup!" You smiled at him. "I heard about the whole Nekoma vs Karasuno thing from Yaku a few weeks ago, said that you guys made some kind of promise. Well, Karasuno is here already, but they're fighting Inarizaki today, and you have your own match. So I thought maybe I should give you guys something as a charm."

Kuroo couldn't help but chuckle. "Thanks, I'll give this to Kenma—"

"If you're giving something, give something for the team, too~"

Kuroo threw a glare at Yaku who smirked at both of you. Kai laughed nervously as he pushed Yaku away.

"Sorry, Yakkun!" You yelled a bit, "I'll give you guys something tomorrow!"

"Okay~"

Kuroo grumbled as they walked away but soon stopped when he realized the team were moving. "Oh, no, they're moving—"

"Sorry, sorry, you go, too. Sorry for keeping you."

"What about you?"

"I'm meeting with Alisa-san and Akane-chan later. I'll see you in the stadium?"

Kuroo nodded, "Okay, see you then. Thank you for the flowers, [First Name]."

Kuroo waved at you as he started to follow his team out of the hotel they stayed in.

"Tetsu!"

Kuroo turned around to find you waving your hand. "Obtaining the impossible!"

Looking at the blue roses on his hands, Kuroo raised them to the air. "Obtaining the impossible!"

Ah, he thought as he walked, Karasuno you better meet us tomorrow. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.2K 38 5
It has been since 2017 that I have been back into this account. It's crazy that I am an actual adult now in 2024 with adult responsibilities, but I...
59.4K 1K 62
HQ!! x Reader --Oneshots-- Where as (y/n)-you-are paired with many and most HQ!! guys, and girls if you want, just ask in the comments. The scenari...
12.3K 243 20
Random Character x Reader One Shots! Hope you enjoy~ I'll take requests once the story is up and going!
230K 7.2K 41
❝ IF YOU'RE MY SUN, I SUPPOSE THAT MAKES ME ICARUS DOESN'T IT? ❞ cute stories with our beloved volleyball lovin' boys or, if you prefer, angsty sto...