Protecting Raine✔

By GraceForever33

She was only trying to get through her last year of school with her two best friends. But, he came back... N... More

Before We Begin!
One- "Oh Shoots"
Two- "Freak!"
Three- "Asswipe"
Four- "I Should Hit Him"
Six-"This guy was...ugh!"
Seven-"How Do You Feel?"
Eight-"All Of This Is Your Damn Fault!"
Nine-" Try Me"
Ten- "I Don't Even Want To Go!"
Eleven-"Sexy?"
Twelve -"Walking Contradiction"
Thirteen-"You're Strong"
Fourteen-"We Are Not Dating"
Fifteen-"I Should Run"
Sixteen-"Sleep Here"
Seventeen- "Twilight Fantasy"
Eighteen-"Black Panther (R.I.P)"
Nineteen- "You're A Princess Right?"
Twenty- "And The Party Goes On"
Twenty One- "I Remain Silent"
Twenty Two- "Little Red Dress"
Twenty Three- "Not Only You Have Secrets"
Twenty Four- "Eff The Code"
Twenty Five- "Have Fun"
Twenty Six-"I Followed Her"
Twenty Seven- "I Can't Freakin Do This"
Twenty Eight- "Guillianos"
Twenty Nine- "Gone"
Thirty-"I'm Sorry"
Thirty One - "Another Chance"
Thirty Two - "Remember The Clouds?"
Epilogue- "Protecting Raine"
A Sequel?

Five- "You'll Burn With Me"

1.1K 41 8
By GraceForever33

"You look good, mama cita" Madi complimented as she attempted to curl her hair in the mirror. I say attempt because Madi had ramrod straight hair and curling it was a bit impossible. Even when it is curled, when she reached her destination it drops into waves. It was a hassle.

"You're looking good too" I fired back, pulling up my tube top.

It was the night of the party and I was truly feeling myself. Considering it was Saturday, I actually had the time to straighten my hair. So, I had my mid-back length hair parted in the middle with a white tube top complimented by my pandora necklace and a high-waist straight leg red pants. I was still battling with wearing heels or not.

Madi was wearing a button-up white shirt (not completely button to the top) with a short pleated grey skirt and strappy heels. She looks every bit of a naughty schoolgirl but not at all slutty what I really commended her for. I probably would have resembled a tramp.

"What time is Ozzy coming?" I put on a bit of foundation because, you know, acne is a female dog. I didn't have a lot of it, but the few persistent bumps on my cheeks was annoying. I really needed a skincare routine.

"He said he would be here" she glanced down at her wrist watch-yes, she actually tell time from them, " like now" she finished and put down the curling iron and started to spray perfume on her self.

"I can believe he's actually going for you" I chuckled, standing in front of the mirror to really see my outfit. The tube top was really fitting, but it wasn't those ones that showed my nips. I made sure got it thick and even wore a strapless bra underneath.

Thank you, Fashion Nova.

"He'll do anything for me" Madi smiled wickedly and I laugh. I would like to say it was untrue, but Oscar would really do anything for her. Me included. But, I wasn't the one to always ask of him.

"Yo, are you guys going to get the door or something" Justus asked as he just opened my door. I picked up a pillow and threw it at him.

"Have you ever in your miserable life heard of knocking?" I retorted instead, walking towards him.

He allowed the pillow to slide off his face, but his eyes stayed bouncing from me to Madi. "Where the hell are you both going?"

I pushed him on the side, "Why didn't you leave the door unlocked?" I asked instead. Our house door was normally open after we came home from school and until mom comes home.

"Do you answer every question with a question? I asked where are you both going dressed like that?" he gestured to me and I looked down at myself.

I didn't see anything wrong with what I was wearing. I was fully covered, I mean, besides the little cleavage showing- which I didn't had much off, I was fully covered.

"Lizzie's party. You should know this" I rolled my eyes, finally going to get the door that seemed to be splitting in two from Oscar's barbaric knocks.

"What was taking you so long?" he grumbled walking past me and into the house.

"Oh, Hey. I'm fine and you?" I feign and he rolled his eyes before looking down at me.

"You look good" he commented shyly before pushing his hands in his pocket then looking elsewhere.

I smiled before doing a little pose and saying "Well, thank you". He laughed at my antics.

"What about me?" Madi asked as she posed on the stairs as if she was in vogue magazine. Oscar looked over at her, his eyes nearly falling out of his head when he saw her.

"Wha-where?" he tried to asked and I ran over to her and started posing with her. We did a few Charlie's Angel poses before Oscar finally shook himself out of his stupor. He laughed coming in between us and raising his hand in the air like the middle Angel and Madi and I went down on our knees.

"Justus!" I screamed, hearing the heavy footsteps pounding down the stairs.

"What happened?" he asked looking over to us with his brows raised.

"Picture" I snapped. Justus nearly rolled his eyes out of his head, but he took his phone out regardless.

He took a few photos that Madi and I went over to critique before making him do another round. On our third round, he pushed his phone in his pocket and walked away.

"Douche!" I shouted after him.

"Yeah, whatever!" he shouted back, before turning the television on.

"We should just stay here and watch some movies" Oscar suggested as Madi gathered our purses. Madi gave him one glare and I heard him mumbled before walking back out of the house to get to the car.

"Jus, I'm gone. I'll text mom, 12:00" I shouted out my usual before I go out. I only heard an "Okay" before I closed the door and bound off to the car.

"Let's get this party started!"

~~~~~~

When Oscar, Madi, and I pulled up to Lizzie's mansion the party wasn't in full- full swing as yet. The music was on, a good amount of people were here, but it wasn't crazy as yet.

Just how we liked it.

Oscar did his normal thing of putting his arms around Madi and me as we walked into the party.

It was something that we picked up from Elementary school and it just stuck with us.

It's probably why so many people assumed we were all dating.

Gross.

"Ohh, I should take a dip in the pool this time," Madi said as we approach the door, hearing the low hum of a rap song playing.

"No, the hell you won't," Oscar said as he opened the door. The room was packed, but it was just of people standing around slightly moving to the beat of the song and others lounging on the chairs.

There was a table in the living room that had some drinks on it and a few people were gathered there too.

"I love it when it's just like this" I breathed, allowing Oscar to guide us to the table.

"Yeah, it's like so laid back and relaxing, you know," Madi said, accepting her drink from Oscar.

I nodded as he got mines and I raised the cup to my mouth to drink, allowing my eyes to roam over the crowd.

Wrong move.

Sitting in one of the lounge chairs at the far back of the room with a denim blue ripped at the shoulders shirt and a grey-clad straight jean with his legs spread open was Lucas. His blue eyes were steady on me. In my peripheral, I saw Matthew and Flint along with Sally.

Ah, Sally.

The fourth person in the bad crew. The only girl with a filthy mean streak.

She had brunette hair with blonde highlights, a figure that resembled Brittany Spears, and eyes that always looked like they were insulting you. Matt was the instigator, Flint was the fighter, Lucas the arsonist and Sally was the one to just stirs up the drama.

She started beefs and she loved watching them play out. Some of them were with her and others she just wanted to see. Matt and her were more on the same working level when it came to their evil deeds.

She was also rumored to be Lucas' on and off again girlfriend. The relationship alone was a mystery. Lucas still slept around and so did Sally, but somehow they both had claims on one another. Claims that were seen by the public to not ever messed with.

What Sally and I's relationship?

Well, we weren't anything but two school girls that love to give each other the evil eye.

I wasn't sure why Sally didn't like me, but I didn't care enough to try to figure it out. I just remained in my own lane when she's around and pray that she did the same.

Lucas's eyes were icy and I felt a small shiver ran over me when I looked at his cheek. I was hoping to see a mark from my earlier run-in, but there was nothing there. I guess I wasn't strong enough to leave a bruise.

He frowned at me the same time I frowned at him. He looked as if he was trying to figure me out or something. Too bad, I had already despise him to care. I rolled my eyes and looked away to Oscar and Madi speaking quietly in front of me.

I duly noted that I would not even walk in the same area where he was. The best thing was to have as much distance between us and I was going to work my very best to ensure that.

"Here we go," Madi said as the sophomores and freshmen start to cram in. The music got louder and more upbeat and before I knew it the party was in full swing.

We really should of come in a bit earlier.

"Let's dance!" Madi shouted, grabbing my hand. She reached for Oscar, but he shook his head. He was never a dancer.

Madi and I shook our butts on the dance floor as we dance to Beyonce and other artists. Hands in the air, hip-swaying to the beat. Lizzie's parties were always the best.

Oscar came in after a while dancing with us, but he was just moving from one leg to the other. We laughed at him and decided to just dance on him. Holding his hands and shaking our butts on his sides.

My feet started to hurt and I curse the fact that I decided to wear heels to match my height with Madi.

"I'm going to sit down for a while" I pointed to a chair and practically limp there. I sat down watching Madi and Oscar dance awkwardly on the floor while I rubbed my calf.

Cutely, I may add.

I did a quick glance around the party for observations. Something my Dad thought me when I was younger.

He would always say, be aware of your surroundings, girl.

I noticed that the usual groups in a party started to forms. The smokers, the horny ones, and those that love to play games started to get in order.

I also noticed that the Bad Crew was in a little huddle. They all looked to be in an intense conversation, but my eyes just couldn't wonder from Sally sitting in Lucas' lap.

I guess they were a couple now. I shook my head. No, that was none of my business. I don't care what Lucas was or was in.

I looked over to my friends just to get my eyes from not returning to that scene, but I couldn't help myself.

Flint's face was furious. He looked as if he would burst any minute now and he kept spanking his hand together whenever he would speak. Matthew just kept nodding his head as Sally spoke, but Lucas was just sitting there somberly. His eyes staring straight at Sally's profile, but he didn't look as though he was even paying attention to what they were saying.

I inwardly curse myself for not being able to read lips properly.

I felt the seat beside me become occupied and I looked over to see Michal smiling at me.

"Hey, Raine" he greeted and I smiled at him, pulling away from being nosey.

The Bad Crew was known for starting drama and they didn't really have a leader, but they did. It just depend on what their next mission was. If it had something to do with hacking or computer literate, then Matthew would be the leader, and if it were to fight, then Flint would step up.

The fact that I saw Sally spearheading that conversation, means that she was leading it and that was not good. Not good at all.

"Hey, Michal. How are you?" I leaned over on the armchair to get closer to him. The music was a bit loud now and hearing him was difficult.

Michal was a senior like me with an award-winning smile and brown eyes that made you want to look deeper into them. He was on our soccer team and I heard that he would be going to California for school. He was in my Biology class, but we have never exchange any more words other than greetings.

Michal leaned over on his chair arm, his smile making me swoon just a little bit.

He reminded me so much of Michael B. Jordon is was scary.

"I'm great. I wanted to ask you to dance, but I see you're taking a break so I can just go with chatting" he raised his brows in question and I laughed.

"Of course, you can"

"Cool, cool. Are you ready for this year?" he asked and I nodded.

"Yes, I am really excited to be over with school though"

"Really, what do you have planned?"

"I want to become a veterinarian"

"Love animals, I see" he nodded towards me and I laughed.

"Yes, ever since I was a little kid" My dad would always buy me animals when I was younger but when he died, my mother couldn't afford to help me keep one.

"That's very caring. You always seemed affectionate" he noted and I raised a brow at him.

"You notice that?"

He laughed. "Of course, you almost started a protest because you didn't want to cut the frogs for a grade. You ranted about how it was demeaning and cruel to living beings" he quoted and I laughed.

I remembered that. It was 2 years ago, Mr. O'Neil wanted to do a practical and it was going to hurt frogs. I wasn't a frog person per se, but I was not above caring for them.

"It was murder" I chuckled. I looked over to Michal to find his eyes above me now. He swallowed as I felt a presence close behind me.

"You mind if we chat?" Lucas's voice came to my ears and the rasp of it drilled chills down my spine. I licked my lips ready to say no, before I felt his cold fingers wrapping around my forearm and bringing me to my feet.

"Don't touch me" I shrugged him off and he let me go. I looked behind me to issue an apology to Michal, but he was already gone.

"He's gone" Lucas stated the obvious and I frowned, folding my arms as I looked up at him.

"You scared him away" I snapped.

Lucas laughed, the same empty one he always does, and shook his head. "Are you blaming me for the guy having no balls to actually stay?" I licked my lips and shake my head.

"Whatever, what do you want because I clearly remember telling you to stay away from me"

"Yes, and I remember you physically abusing me" he snapped. I felt a bit of remorse when he said that because I wasn't a physical person, but then I remember that Lucas deserve it. He was always trying to hurt me, too.

"Yes, and anyone would if they found you breaking and entering into their home"

Lucus looked up, his eyes moving thoughtfully at the ceiling. His thumb brushed over his plumped bottom lip before he nodded and looked back to me. "Touche"

I rolled my eyes, "What do you want?" I asked again and Lucas cocked a brow.

"Are you hurt that I ran off your little no-balls having friend?" he asked.

"Stop talking about him like that." I don't know why I was defending Michal. We never really chatted longer than what we did just now and to be honest, he really didn't have the balls to stand up to Lucas.

"He's not right for you anyway" he muttered before walking around me to sit on the chair arm.

I scoffed, "You don't know me, so that opinion is invalid" I turned to him with my arms still folded. He was sitting on the chair arm and we were now the same height. Well, a little bit.

"Raine Packer, I know you" the way he called my name shouldn't have affected me the way it did. I felt my stomach tighten and the beat my heart suppose to keep steady skipped.

I didn't like it.

I played lost, tilting my head to look at him closely. Despite his mature facial structure-- sharp chin and a bit of beard and mustache, he still had freckles that graces his cheeks. His lips always formed a pout-- what would be considered cute if it wasn't placed on such a horrible person. One of his ears was pierced now and I could see a tattoo peeking by the collar of his denim jacket.

"Yet, that still didn't answer why you interrupted my conversation with Michal and sauntered into my room yesterday" I was really proud that my voice was still coming out strong because having Lucas this close to me wasn't really helping my brain function at all.

My hands were even becoming sweaty.

Ew.

"C'mon, Little One, you think I would let you pull that stupid stunt on me in the cafeteria, physically hit me and let you get away?" He stood to his feet. A predator showing his prey just how big and strong they are. I swallowed.

"I'm here to give you a fair warning that from now on" he smiled at me, his eye flickering behind me. I hated that smile because it always led to nothing good.

It was like a Dear John. A greeting before the full body of full-on mess.

"Your life is going to be hell" he muttered right when I felt Oscar's hand on my shoulder, squeezing.

"You know I am tired of you being a little pussy. Why are you bothering with a girl man" Oscar's voice was deep and very disturbing.

Lucas laughed.

I hated that, too.

"What I do is none of your concern, Playboy" he answered a now shaking Oscar. I placed my hand over Oscar's, hoping that he wouldn't really do what I think he wanted to do.

Oscar was not a fighter and I hated that he would do anything--become anything, just to protect us-- me.

"Yeah, but you see her. This is all my business" he wasn't taking my warnings. Instead, he pushed me behind him and walked closer to Lucas.

Lucas just chuckled, his eyes slowly moving over Oscar. Sizing him to see if he should really waste his time in beating him to a pulp.

"Oscar it's okay. He isn't worth it" I tugged on his arm, but he didn't even budge. Just then I notice Matt and Flint flanked Lucas's side and I pulled even harder.

Oh no. Oh no.

Sally walked beside them, too. Her eyes were calculating. She looked observantly at Lucas then to Oscar, then they angrily set on me.

"What's the matter, Luke?" she asked him, her hand raising to his shoulder. He shrugged, lifting his chin to Oscar.

"This guy wants to die tonight"

I felt my blood run cold. Those words wouldn't have hit me so hard if it wasn't coming from Lucas.

I'm aware that Flint is the fighter, but I have seen Lucas fight before.

He was merciless.

He didn't know how to stop and he sure didn't know when it was enough. He just kept going until he draws blood and I know that my Oscar wasn't one to face him.

And, then not only was Lucas a death fighter, but he liked watching things burn too.

I frantically looked behind me for Madi and saw her standing there with her face growing paler and paler. I vaguely heard the music start to quiet down and saw people slowly turning towards the commotion.

"Let's go" she mouthed at me, stepping closer.

"I can't get him to move" I mouthed back, the same time I heard Sally burst out in laughter.

"You won't hurt him. We're already in trouble. Is he even worth it?" she tugged on Lucas's shoulder.

Lucas's eyes wandered over to me and then back to Oscar. The act caused Sally to become ridged.

"Fine" she gritted. She stepped back, folding her arms and then staring at me with so much hatred. I ignored her. I didn't understand why I was the one she was looking at right now. I wasn't the one threatening anyone.

I tugged on Oscar again, "Let's go" I said to him, but he stayed rooted there. His green eyes blazing with fire as he glared at Lucas.

"Why don't you listen to the Stalker" he replied a bit bored. That was Lucas. He was taunting and I was feeling Oscar being pulled in by it.

The second Oscar's hand left my grip I heard a crackling sound, Madi's scream and then I was being pushed back.

Oh no. Oh no.

I looked at the scene before me as Lucas and Oscar literally rolled around throwing blows at each other's faces. Flint and Matt just folded their arms with a smirk on their faces. No one was trying to break them up.

"Stop it!" I scream, but they didn't even budge at my voice. Oscar was getting a few punches in but Lucas was really punching where it matters. I knew Oscar had broken Lucas's nose, but Lucas was trying to give him two black eyes and a busted lip.

I ran over to Flint pushing him to Lucas, "Get him, you idiot" I had a lot of guts doing that because Flint wasn't really a nice guy. He just pushed me away from him.

I went back, because obviously I don't really take heed to warning signs and pushed him again.

This time Flint turned his full attention to me and shoved me. It sent me flying back to the makeshift crowd and landing on my butt. Hard.

"What's wrong, girl?" he sneered as he started walking over to me. I really prepared for his hit next because, over the years I have learned that Flint was not above hitting the female population.

But...

It didn't come.

Instead, I open my eyes to see Lucas swinging a hard fist at Flint knocking him out completely before shouting," Don't you ever touch her".

The whole scene stunned and confuse me.

Was he protecting me?

Why?

I don't understand.

He was just beating up Oscar for doing the same?

Oscar!

I looked over to him to see him bloody and laying on the floor with a crying Madi over him. He did not look good. I felt nauseous immediately.

I stretched my hand to crawl towards him when I saw a hand dangling in front of me. I looked up and saw Lucas standing there with a twist and bloody nose with his face contorted into complete rage.

I looked away from him, gathering myself to stand, and walked away from him.

I didn't know what to say to him.

I didn't understand him.

I passed a frowning Sally on the way. She had her hands folded as she watched me with her nose pointed up. Matt was standing by her side, but he was now looking amusingly at an unconscious Flint.

"Let's go to the hospital or-" I was cut off by Madi shaking her head.

"He's not that bad, he just has a few cuts" she slapped his face a bit and he groaned. I forgot that she was studying to be a nurse and the fact that her mother was one made her even more of one.

All I had was Grey's Anatomy under my belt and right now it wasn't really helping.

"Let's just get out of here. Can he move?" I asked, crouching beside him. I really hated how he looked.

I hated how he did this for me and this was how he ended up.

I hate Lucas.

"He's conscious" she replied. I saw two of Oscar's football buddies running their way through the crowd before finally taking him out of our grips. I wish they were here a bit earlier.

"Where to?" they asked and Madi started to lead the way. I begin to follow them when a hand wrapped around my arm.

From the amount of times he has touched me within 48 hours I started to become familiar with his touch. I jerked away, staring at him. I can feel my eye burning with tears wanting to be released, but I just couldn't let them fall. Not when my predator was still staring at me.

"What? You didn't have enough?" I spat at him and he actually flinched. "Why did you had to do that?" I shoved him in the chest and he stepped back because of it.

"It was just a little fight, Raine. I didn't mean to hurt him. He punched me first" he stepped closer to say it to me. His presence wafting around me. It was warm, almost comforting if it wasn't for the fact that I was terrified of him right now.

I knew he was bad, but I have never been close enough to see his deeds. I have only heard about them.

I pushed him away, "Well, you say you're going to make my life a living hell, but guess what?" This time I stepped into his bubble. Although my bones were shaking and I was practically nauseous, I stepped up to him. "I'm taking you to burn with me"

Sally came, her hand was the first thing I see as I was staring at Lucas hard in the eye. It wrapped around his shoulders.

"Are you really concerned about this Freak right now?" she asked, tilting her head to the side to assess me. I probably looked distraught, but I was trying my best to keep it together.

I kept my eyes staring hard at Lucas, I wasn't sure what I was waiting for. He wasn't going to defend me. He wasn't going to help me either.

He was a monster and that was that.

I span around on my heel, walking out of the now silent party to the car as if fire was on my heels.

I wasn't vindictive as Lucas or even remotely prune to doing anything on the level he would freely operate on. The most pranks I have pulled were light funny ones on my brother, but I have never sought out to intentionally hurt anyone.

Lucas, however, was going to make me perfect that side.

I would get him back.

He'll burn with me. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

52.3K 830 25
"𝐋𝐞𝐭 𝐦𝐞 𝐟𝐮𝐜𝐤 𝐲𝐨𝐮. 𝐋𝐞𝐭 𝐦𝐞 𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮." 𝐈 𝐛𝐢𝐭 𝐦𝐲 𝐥𝐢𝐩. "𝐅𝐮𝐜𝐤 𝐦𝐞 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐬𝐞." 𝐇𝐞 𝐬𝐦𝐢𝐫𝐤𝐞𝐝. 𝐇𝐞 𝐩𝐢𝐜𝐤...
144K 5.9K 29
"How can you say that?!" I yell at him. "It's simple Korinna. You and I will never be friends again. And you can sit there all you want and pretend...
17.7K 647 61
*DON'T READ THIS ONE FIRST!! It won't make much sense! ~Sequel to Who She Is~ Mature Content After making her mine and learning some of her dark secr...
158K 6.4K 35
Lizette has never had an easy life growing up and always felt like she was the black sheep of her family. She didn't grow confidence until after she...