Time and Destiny

By moniven_

"You cannot do this! Let me go" I shrieked as I saw him approach me. "There is no escape from me and you know... More

Before you Read
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter-15
Chapter-16
Chapter-18
Chapter-19
Chapter-20
Chapter-21
Chapter-22
Chapter-23
Chapter-24
Chapter-25
Chapter-26
Chapter-27
Chapter-28
Chapter-29
Chapter-30
Chapter-31
Chapter-32
Chapter-33
Chapter-34
Chapter-35
Chapter-36
Chapter-37
Chapter-38
Chapter-39
Chapter-40
A/N
Chapter-41
Chapter-42
Chapter-43
Chapter-44
Chapter-45

Chapter-17

6.1K 180 42
By moniven_

Hello beautiful people,
Thank you for more than 5k reads❤️
I'm overwhelmed by the support and love you have shown me.
The long awaited update is here!
3110 words!
Enjoy;)
**************

Nova

It was the first time I was feeling like a real princess with a lovely dress and pretty hair. I had worn a coral coloured gown with frills flowing downwards and a sweetheart neckline on the top. I walked towards the dining room nervously but also with a hint of excitement only to find Cassandra kissing Nicholas, which was like a huge blow to the face.

I guess fairy tales do no really exist. It was rather a harsh cruel reality which knocked me back into my senses. The sight in front of me was too much to bear, so I ran. I simply ran back towards my chambers without looking back. I had to get out of here, hence I ran.

My vision was clouded with fresh tears but I didn't dare blink. I couldn't let them fall, I knew that. I sprinted across the hallways like an emotional wreck until I bumped into someone and lost my balance. Before I could hit the ground the person held me up preventing me from falling. I looked up and saw it was Carter looking at me with a concerned expression.

"Are you alright, Bella? What happened?" he asked,
"I need to get out of here, I am not going to the banquet" I mumbled with my voice slightly breaking down,
"Please tell me what happened, Bella" he asked again rubbing my back trying to calm me down.
"I saw them kissing" I said in a low voice.

He sighed in despair. I could tell he wasn't happy about the situation.
"Bella, I know this is difficult for you, but you must be stronger than this. You can either walk away from here and choose not to face them or you can walk in there with pride and show them that you are unaffected by this. The choice is yours and I'm willing to stay by your side regardless of what you choose" he said reassuringly.

I inhaled deeply and exhaled for a couple of times. This always helped me regain my composure. Lately I was acting like a hormonal teenage girl and it was affecting me.
I shouldn't care what he does or who he is with, right?
He can screw whoever he wants, for all I care. It shouldn't matter to me. I had to show them that.

"It seems like we are going to the banquet then" I gave a small smile,
"Yes Indeed, shall we?" he grinned and extended his hand towards me which I gladly took.

We walked towards the dining room and I decided I would enjoy the evening forgetting everything else. We entered the dining room which was magnificent as ever and all eyes turned towards us. Some people looked at us in awe while others looked at us in envy. My eyes betrayed me by trying to find Nicholas and I looked at the spot he was standing earlier. To my surprise he wasn't there and Cassandra was alone sipping a drink and giving me the evil eye. I ignored her and looked around me.

The musicians were playing slow music, a few couples were dancing, the people were chattering and drinking and some were devouring the food like their life depended on it. I laughed at that and Carter looked at me with an amused expression.

"What's so funny?" he asked grinning,
"Ah nothing, it's just that these people really enjoy parties don't they?" I asked,
"Of course, who doesn't? You really need to loosen up Bella, you are too uptight" he chuckled,
"Whoa! That's exactly what my best friend used to say. You both are too alike" I said smiling sadly.

I missed Luke, even though it didn't seem like I did. Carter oddly reminded me of him, most of the times and those were times when I wished to go home more than ever.
"Bella, I'm sorry I remind you of him" he said with guilt in his tone.
"Carter, don't you dare say sorry. It's not your fault, it's mine. I lost him because of my stupidity. You should know that I'm so grateful and thankful to have you as my friend, in this gloomy place" I said sincerely,
"I'm blessed to have you as my friend too" he smiled genuinely and continued,
"Can you tell me more about your best friend, if you don't mind?"
"I'd love to tell" I smiled and continued,
"He dragged me to parties, insisted me to have fun, to loosen up and always nagged me to pursue men and not be such a bore. He also used to eat away all the food and-" I was saying, but got rudely interrupted by someone clearing their throat behind me.

I turned around and looked it was none other than Cassandra.
Oh dear! Here comes high school drama and I thought high school was over a long time back.

"Fancy seeing you here, Isabella. I thought the little girl ran away to bawl her eyes out somewhere else" she snickered,
"Oh! I ran away cause I had to change my shoes. I needed a snappy one cause you know they come in handy when you decide to kick someone's arse" I said and smiled sweetly at her.

Her facial expressions turned sour at my words. She angrily walked towards me in an attempt to hurt me but failed as Carter stepped in front of me protectively.
"You cannot harm the future Queen, not on my watch" he said sternly.

She stepped back and glared at us.
"You!" she said pointing at me and continued,
"Don't get your hopes high, because Nicholas will never fancy someone like you. You do not even behave like a lady, but like a commoner" she sneered.
"Still, he wants to marry me and make me the Queen of Arcane" I smirked,
"Watch your back, Isabella. I'm here to make sure he doesn't marry you. By the time I'm done with you, he would not even look at you. You thought you could get your claws on the most Powerful King on my watch, It's a pity really" she chuckled bitterly.

I swear this bitch is crazy!
Ada was right, she is madly obsessed with Nicholas.

"If you can get Nicholas to change his mind about me, then trust me you would be doing me a favour. I want to get out of here and go home. So go on, do whatever you want" I forced those words out of my mouth.

I did care about him and I definitely didn't want her to end up with him.
But, I had to show that I am not bothered by them. So I continued to make her believe it,

"Cassandra, I don't care if he likes you or fancies you. I also don't care if he kisses you. You both should probably marry each other and figure out who is more evil than the other for the rest of your lives. It would be perfect" I said without showing any emotion but on the inside I was hurt, very much hurt.

Both Cassandra and Carter looked shocked and baffled from my words. I knew I would break down completely if Nicholas marries her, but right now I needed to have this tough exterior look on.

"If you have nothing else to say, I suggest you to leave us alone. I'm sure you have far more important things like desperately trying to seduce other women's men" I said sarcastically and grinned.

Her nostrils flared in fury as she angrily stomped away finally leaving us alone.
Phew! It's been quite a long time since I encountered a mean girl. By the way, I loved that movie.

"Bella, you were amazing. The look on her face was priceless" Carter laughed heartily and continued,
"Did you really mean what you said about Nicholas?" he questioned,
"I really wish I did" I muttered almost inaudibly. Carter gave one of his reassuring smile telling me everything will be alright soon. I doubted that would happen anytime soon!

I looked around again, my eyes searching for him, but Nicholas was nowhere to be seen. I secretly wished he was here.
God! How pathetic was I?
I cannot believe myself. I was so lost in my own world that I didn't see a man approaching me.

"I've never seen an angel more beautiful than you, my lady. I am Lord Edwin, the first son of Hugh" he said taking my hand and kissing it.
I was dumbfounded. I looked at him and said,
"Thank you, I am Princess Isabella Rosette Campbell of Elysian" I introduced myself and smiled,
"I am gratified to be in your presence, your Highness. Your beauty is unparalleled" he complimented.
"Excuse me, your Highness. I just remembered I am needed somewhere else. I'll take my leave" Carter winked and walked away before I could stop him, leaving me alone with this strange man.

He wasn't strange, he was quite good-looking with his ash blonde hair cropped short and a sturdy frame. His facial features weren't bad either. He was handsome, but not as much as Nicholas. Fucking hell! Why am I thinking of him again?
"You seem to be lost in your thoughts, your Highness" he said,
"Oh! I'm sorry for that" I smiled apologetically,
"It's alright, your Highness. May I have the honour of asking you to a dance?" he offered extending his hand towards me.
"Of co-" I wanted to say before I was cut off,

"I'm afraid you cannot have the dance" said a deep voice,
I turned back and saw Nicholas standing behind me.
When the heck did he arrive?
I swear he is a ghost or a vampire or both.

"Y-Your M-Majesty, forgive me. I shall take my leave now" he stammered and hurriedly left.
"Did you really have to scare him away?" I said looking at the poor guy running away. Although, it was quite a funny sight. When I didn't get a reply I turned towards Nicholas. He was busy gazing at me and taking in my appearance. He hummed in appreciation as I shifted nervously in my place by his intense gaze.

"He was trying to take something which is mine" he clenched his jaw, his eyes piercing into mine.
I wanted to tell him he doesn't own me, but I didn't.
I knew how that would end and I didn't want to cause a scene in front of all these people

"He was just being polite" I said,
"By acting like a flirtatious crocodile?" he questioned angrily.
Flirtatious crocodile? Seriously? I couldn't stop laughing at that.
"You're hilarious" I laughed shorty.

He had an amused expression on his face. I looked at him, the perfection standing in front of me. I can never get used to his appearance as it enticed me every single time. His tall and muscular frame, smooth tousled jet black hair, chiselled face with the sharp jawline, a light stubble on his cheeks and chin defining his features. He had the perfect nose and dark magnetic silver eyes which were too good to be true, but could be scary at the same time. I gazed at him longingly without realising I was staring.

"You have been staring at me from past two minutes, love" his deep voice brought me out of my haze.

Shit! What was wrong with me?
He smirked at me as if reading my thoughts and I felt my cheeks heating up. I had to get away from him before I lose my sanity. He had already messed up my mind to a great deal and I didn't need more of those mind games.

"Uh Nicholas, I got to go, excuse me" I said softly and took slow steps backwards but he grabbed my wrist and pulled me closer towards him.
"Do you always have to run away from me?" he asked deeply with a hint of sadness in his tone.
"Yes, because you always hurt me" I said in a low voice, without taking my eyes off him.

He frowned, but then anger replaced his features quickly.
"What have I done to make you say that? I have given you my word" he snapped,
"You kissed Cassandra, I saw you did and I don't know why but it hurts just the same" I replied,
"That's not the truth, let me explain" he said,
"Save it, I don't want to hear any of it. You should go find her instead, I'm sure she would be thrilled" I said angrily and turned back to walk away but he tightened his grip on my wrist and pulled me towards him again wrapping his arms around me, not allowing me to move.

"Do not walk away from me princess" he ordered using his authoritative tone and I had to obey.
"When I want to say something, you will hear it, whether you like it or not" he said deeply with his gritted teeth.
"Okay" I mumbled in a low voice. I didn't want to face Angry Nicholas!
"Good, now come with me" he said and before I could reply he led me out of the dining room away from the crowd. He took me to the garden behind the castle.
"What do you want to say?" I asked slowly,
"I didn't kiss her, she initiated it" he said and looked at me before continuing,
"I pushed her off me but I'm assuming you didn't see that part. She apologized and begged for my forgiveness, confessing she was drunk and promised that it wouldn't happen again" he explained.
Of course she would say that! Typical bitch!

"You have to believe me when I say this. I have no intentions of pursuing any woman, other than you. After I found you again, I have wanted you and only you princess" he whispered deeply, cupping my face with both his hands and leaning closer towards my face.

I gasped quietly. It was quite a revelation and I was not sure how I felt about it. I looked into his eyes and I knew he wasn't lying. I could see the seriousness in his eyes.
"Nicholas, if this was true then why did you give me the cold treatment, earlier this morning? Cassandra openly insulted me and you did nothing" I asked,

"Cassandra is my ally and she is useful to me. I don't want to criticize her over some petty issue. Besides, I cannot let the world know that I, the mightiest king of all, fell on my knees for the sake of a woman. They may think of me as weak" he said arrogantly and continued,
"You are too fragile and weak. I cannot let the world see that I care for you" he said emotionlessly.

I was completely speechless, but not in a good way.
I knew he was arrogant and a major jerk but I didn't know he had such low regard for women.
I couldn't take it, so I snapped yet again.

"You think you are all high and mighty, but you are a coward King Nicholas. You are afraid to admit your feelings in front of the world" I shouted in anger and pushed his hands away from my face.
He looked angry but I was furious. So I didn't care whatever words I spat out.

"You don't know anything about me and considering me weak will be your biggest mistake. Mark my words" I said in a threatening tone and walked away and he didn't try to stop me.

I practically ran inside my chambers and collapsed on the bed without even bothering to change. I despised him and at the same time I also had some unexplained feelings towards him. Sometimes he treated me with affection, while the other times he gave me the cold shoulder. He didn't know the real intentions of Cassandra and he thinks it's a petty fight between us. So I guess I'm alone when it comes to standing up against her. That night I cried myself to sleep.

The next morning, I stayed in my chambers and refused to go out. I sat by the window reading the book I had gotten from the library. After a while, Ada came inside with a overjoyed expression.
"Bella dear come along. I'm taking you to the city" she announced happily,
"Really? I thought I wasn't allowed to go out" I replied with a confused expression on my face.

"I cannot believe it either, but this morning Nicholas approached me and told me to take you out. He thought it would be nice for you to explore the city and meet the people" she said excitedly,
"Oh! That was a kind gesture, I guess" I said still confused.

Did he really agree to let me out so that it would make me happy?
He is so confusing. Anyways, I was eager to see the city.

"Yes, now come on" she said dragging me along with her.
A carriage was ready outside the gates and I stepped inside with Ada. There were a few guards tagging along too.
Of course! He would send the guards to make sure that I don't escape.

We reached the bustling city in no time. I stepped out of the carriage and fixed my dress. I walked on the streets with Ada and the guards were following us closely. I admired the architecture as I passed by many houses. Soon we reached the market side which was busy and crowded. There were numerous shops, inns and taverns.
I walked further into the streets wandering carelessly and it took me a few moments to realise I had lost Ada in the crowd. It wasn't a big deal as the guards were around somewhere and rest assured they would take me back to the castle later.

It was at that moment something caught my eye or let's say someone. I cautiously walked towards the figure of a man who eerily resembled someone I knew. I slowly stretched out my hand and placed it on his shoulder. He turned around and my eyes widened in shock.

This isn't possible, it cannot be. I was entirely bewildered. The face was too familiar for me to forget. My feet trembled beneath me as I hastily took a step backwards.
"Can I help you, young lady?" the man questioned raising his eyebrows, which made his forehead appear crinkled.

The moment I heard his voice, I was sure, too sure it was him.
Teardrops fell on my cheeks and my voice broke. The only word I was able to utter, before breaking down into tears were,

"D-Dad?"

<Aesthetic image above>

Hmm, it seems like Nova's dad is alive!
What do you guys think would happen next?

Please vote and comment!
I love you guys❤️

Also guys, I may not be able to update for a while,
I have loads of school work to complete :(
I'll try my best to update whenever possible!

(Not edited)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

199 0 28
In the 23rd century, where timetravel became possible, chaos insued, and the history of humanity is in danger, but in that chaos came the timekeepers...
151K 2.6K 100
!Book one out of three! There is a part two to this book you don't have to read it but if you would like to it's called "My princess to the Black Wid...
8.2M 194K 100
"WHY CAN'T YOU GET IT INSIDE YOUR HEAD?" He trapped my trembling body between his arms and slammed his fist into the wall. I flinch at the sound as I...
173K 7.1K 90
What would you do if what you dreaded most became your unyielding coveted desire? We kiss and all I can think about is him taking me right here right...