Eres Academy :School of The R...

By cassiopp3ia

HEIRS SERIES #1 ~Eres Academy~ Paige Bennet is a commoner. Wealth i... More

01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44.
EPILOGUE
Author's note
Heir's series #2 book trailer

30

10.5K 362 173
By cassiopp3ia

Sorry for this extra late update, these past few weeks were crazy. But anyways please prepare for this chapter and for the next few chapters hehe;)

Paige.

I sighed as I entered one of the coffee shops in Elite square. The second I stepped in, the sweet aroma of coffee filled me in. I looked around and there's no in the café. A waiter smiled at me, I gave her a small smile before sitting down in one of the seats by the glass window.

"Can I get your order Miss?" A waiter asked.

I looked through the menu. "Well uh."

"Can you come back later?" A voice said.

The waiter and I turned to the girl standing in front of me. She was tall and slim, her long wavy brown hair was down, she wore a black turtle-neck and leather pants covered in a long white coat, she held a designer bag in her arm and shades covered her eyes.

She suddenly lowered her shades sliding it a bit down her nose revealing her eyes to the waiter.

The waiter's expression suddenly changed from surprised to awestruck. "O-of course y-your Highness." She bowed and left.

I turned to the girl and gestured her to sit across me, she placed her purse down on the table and took a seat crossing her legs.

"You're back." I said.

"What is it you wanted to talk about?" She leaned on her seat and took off her shades, placing         them on her head revealing her stormy gray eyes.

"It's about Kile." I sighed. "He left"

She kept quiet, her expression was intimidating as ever but she seemed to be thinking. "I know."

"He left this morning." I added. "Did you know that too?"

She nodded. "I was the first one who knew about his plan."

The waiter came back with drinks even if we haven't ordered yet. I mouthed "Thankyou" to the waiter and looked back at Bellona. "Could you please tell me about everything that's going on?"

She raised her brow. "So you were clueless this whole time." She took a sip on her drink.

"That is why I'm asking you." I looked at her with pleading eyes. I needed answers, I couldn't ask Blake nor Ram since they both left campus immediately after hearing that Kile left.

"Fine." Bellona placed both her hands together. "He came to Rome last holiday break and told me his plan of leaving, of course he needed to break the engagement in order to make a leave and he had a good cause so I allowed him."

My eyes widened. "You just let him go?"

"You see Paige." She crossed her arms and leaned back. "That's the thing about being Royal, you have to make tough decisions and sacrifices, either way you have to deal with the consequences." She sipped again on her drink. "And I've dealt with mine."

"Besides." She continued. "There wasn't anything I could do to stop him." She eyed me. "But I always thought that you were the one who'd be able to."

I slumped in my seat. "I never knew that this was what he wanted."

"It's not like were never going to see him again." Bellona said. "He may have left Eres as a Prince but that's just his strategy to make him a great king."

"I just hope that he's going to be okay" I sighed. "I hope that he finds happiness."

"He will." Bellona answered.

I faced her. "Do you mind me asking a question?"

She raised her eyebrow.

"Did you really love him?" I asked. "As a friend or more than that?"

She seemed taken aback my my question. She scoffed and took a sip on her drink again. "What kind of question is that?"

I waited for her answer but from the looks of it, it wasn't coming. I started to sip on my drink. We both were covered in silence.

"Where's Blake and Ram?" She asked.

"They left this morning in hopes to bring Kile back."

She nodded. "I heard that you're with Blake now?"

I nodded and sipped on my drink.

"I never expected this but good for you." She said without emotion. "I also heard that Blake turned down his trip to England for his business internship right?"

"Internship?" My eyes widened when I heard what she said. "Blake never mentioned that to me."

"He was supposed to leave with his father a month from now and attend the one month internship but recently he declined." She eyed me. "Guess he didn't told you."

I nodded. "I'll just talk to him."

She nodded. 

I feel shocked and upset at the same time. First because he never told me about this and second, why would he decline an opportunity?

After we finished our drinks, I was about to hand my name plate to the cashier but Bellona gave hers first, making me feel a little embarrassed.

We both walked out of the cafe and into the streets. She wore her shades back on.

She was about to walk away when I forgot something.

"Bellona." I called her name.

She turned to me with her brow raised.

"Welcome back." I smiled.

I thought she was just gonna ignore me and return to her car but she stayed right in her position as if lost in thought.

"Paige." She looked back up at me. "To answer your question a while ago." She locked her eyes on mine. "Yes, I love him." She brought her shades back up to her head. "But only as a friend."

________________________________________________

 I sat down on the porch of the villa, it was afternoon and I went straight here right after class. I looked at my watch. "I can still wait." I whispered to myself. I pulled out my phone and realized, I've received a text from Aicko.

From Aicko:

I left some pizza for you in the fridge.

I typed.

To: Aicko

Thanks, I'll be back soon.

Suddenly the sound of a car's engine came. I looked up and saw a Black sports car park itself in front of the porch. Blake came out from the driver's seat. When he saw me, he gave me a small smile and walked towards me. I stood up from where I was seated.

I looked him in the eyes.

He shook his head.

I sighed. I welcomed him with open arms until he stopped on the lower step of the porch and hugged me.

"It's ok." I comforted him.

He buried his face in my neck. I felt him crying, which made me even sadder.

"Shhh, it's ok. You tried your best to stop him." I patted his back. "He's following his own path now."

He still cried in silence, I felt his tears. Is this really him? I never thought that he could cry.

"Everything's going to be fine." I consoled him.

He suddenly stopped crying and let me go. He couldn't look at me . He tried to wipe his tears with his backhand. I got out my hankie and wiped his tears for him. "Hey." I made him look at me. "You're a good friend." I smiled at him.

He gave me a small smile in return.

"Lets go inside?"

He nodded and we both entered the villa.

Ram wasn't here which left both Blake and I by ourselves. He went upstairs to shower while I sat on the couch. Maids came and offered me some water and some biscuits to keep me company while I waited. A little later, Blake came back down wearing a gray hoodie and shorts with his hair looking fresh from the shower.

"We should eat." I told him. "Wanna head to the square?" I asked.

He shook his head.

"Well then, I'll just cook for us." I stood up and headed for the kitchen.

I smiled at the maids and they helped me get the ingredients, I started to reach for the cooking oil when a hand got it before me.

I arched my brow at Blake, while he had the cooking oil in his hand.

"Can you please." He looked at me shyly. "Teach me?"

I turned to him with shock. "You wanna learn how to cook?" The maids turned to us in shock as well.

He nodded tentatively.

I laughed. "Wow, this is new." I cracked my knuckles. "Lets start shall we?"

It wasn't that hard teaching him, he seemed oddly eager to learn all of a sudden. "Just put a little." I told him while he poured some ingredients into our dish. The maids kept peeking at us, looks like they couldn't believe their eyes, seeing Blake trying to cook.

"I think that's done." I reached for a spoon to try it.

I brought the spoon to my mouth leaving Blake eyeing my nervously.

I eyed him.

"It's bad, I know." He tried taking the spoon away from me but I moved it away.

"You know." I laughed. "It's actually pretty good." I said the truth.

He raised his brow. "You're bluffing."

"No I'm not." I took another spoonful and brought it to his mouth. "Try it."

He slowly took a bite off the spoon.

"See." I smiled.

He kept quiet but his expression looked satisfied.

An idea suddenly came into my head. "Why don't we eat this outside?"

He immediately agreed, so the maids helped us pack our food inside containers and afterwards, we left the house leaving our maids with food. I held our food containers in a paper bag and we hopped on his motor bike.

He placed the helmet on me and as usual, Screech the AI greeted me. I encircled my arms on his waist while securing the paper bag between my arms and we rode.

The afternoon breeze welcomed us as it brushed against my skin. That breeze that sets your spirit free, I can never get enough of it. Blake parked his bike on our usual spot, on the bench under the tree overlooking the plains and fields of Eres, the sun was fading behind the mountains making it such a wonderful scene as it's faded rays of light reflected the ponds nearby.

I sighed at the view and pulled out a blanket before spreading it on the grass. Blake handed me the paper bag and I took out our food sand we started eating.

"Why do you suddenly become interested in cooking?" I wondered.

"Well." He crossed his arms and leaned his back on the tree trunk. "So that I could cook for you someday."

I chuckled. "That won't be necessary, besides, I can cook for myself."

He raised his brow. "We'll see about that."

After we placed back our food containers inside the paper bag, we both stood up and walked to the bridge.

Night has fallen on Eres and everything was peaceful. I sighed when I rested my arms on the side of the bridge. I could see the river deep down bellow and from here I could see the lights from the busy streets of Elite square. The wind was blowing gently and everything was perfect.

"The school year's almost over." I broke the silence. "I wonder what I'd be doing by this time next year." I sighed. "Will I be focusing on studying to make a business? Or will I be in some different profession?"

"Whatever you choose, make sure you follow your heart." He looked at me. "Chase your dreams."

I chuckled. "All that is easier said than done."

"Hey." He held my chin and made me face him. "I believe in you, that you will get to achieve many more as the years pass by, so." He locked his eyes on mine. "You have to believe in yourself."

His words were empowering. I suddenly felt confidence light up inside me, but along with it was anxiety, he believes in me. That's an addition to the people I might end up disappointing if I fail.

"Thankyou." I formed a smile. When then became quiet again. I just watched the river down below as the water ran.

"Blake." I faced him. "I have a question."

"What is it?" He asked curiously.

"Why did you decline the internship?" I looked into his eyes questioningly. "Why don't you want go?"

His expression seemed shocked. "How did you know?"

"That's not what's important." I crossed my arms. "Why would you turn it down?"

"Paige, that's England." He said. "And a whole month away from everyone, including you."

I rolled my eyes. "Blake, were talking about your future here." I rubbed my head. "You should start thinking about what's important."

"To me you're important." He looked me in the eyes. "That's why I'm not going."

"Look." I crossed my arms. "We all have dreams, goals, ambitions. Our paths maybe different, but they'll lead us to the right direction."

He kept silent.

"You wanted the internship." I said. "Don't delay your opportunities or your dreams for me, ok?" 

He sighed and nodded. 

"Do the internship," I looked back at the river. "It'll make you a step closer to your dream." 

"You sure?" He asked.

"I'll be fine here, I'll be chasing my own dream." I smiled at him. "So go chase yours."

____________________________

As everyday passes, we're all getting closer to the end of the school year. I became even more focused with my academics and on weekends I'd hang out with Blake. Sometimes we'd study together, other times we'd just ride on his motorbike and take rest on the bench under the tree. Weeks passed until it was finally time for Blake to leave for England. 

I helped him pack the night before his flight, and I woke up early the next day to join Ram in sending him to the airport. I ran outside my dormitory towards Ram's gold sports car parked in the parking lot. I spotted Blake in his black coat and white sweater inside. All dressed for the airport. He welcomed me in a hug before opening the door to the back seat of Ram's car. I sat inside and we drove to the airport. 

When Ram parked his car in the airport's parking lot he sighed. "Why are you and Kile leaving me like this." He sighed and acted as if he was about to cry. 

"Cut the crap out, don't act as if you wouldn't be following me there in two weeks." Blake rolled his eyes.

"Oh yeah." Ram chuckled. "How could I forget." 

Blake got out the car with his suitcase, I followed him out. 

"So this is it." He held the handle of his suitcase. "I won't see you in a month."

I rolled my eyes. "Stop being so dramatic." As if we don't have high technology. 

"Well." He looked at his watch. "My Dad's probably waiting for me inside." 

I nodded. "Take care." I smiled at him. 

He nodded and turned his back on me. I was about to go back inside the car when he suddenly turned around and strode back to me. 

"I thought you were goin-"

I was cut off when he pulled me into his arms and kissed me. My back was leaning at the side of Ram's car while his hands were on my waist. "I love you." He whispered. 

"I love you too." I said when he let me go. "Now get going, you might miss your flight." I pushed him slightly away. "Don't forget to enjoy England." I laughed. "Bye Jerk." I chuckled.

He chuckled a bit as well. "Bye Puppy." He then started walking away again. This time he didn't come back.

I sighed and went back inside Ram's car. 

"Did you guys really have to do the smooching beside my car?" He asked teasingly. I just laughed, and just as we came, we drove away. 

______________________________

The weeks went by and I became even more busy with my school works. I even found it hard to communicate with Blake since England is 8 hours ahead of California. When he's free, I'm either asleep or studying, when I'm free, he'll be the one busy making our communication unstable but were still fine, we can cope with this. 

I started doing balancing my studies and projects with my track team. I even started looking for local internships for the next school year.

"Damn. All these projects are killing me." Aicko complained. 

We were drinking coffee in the cafeteria while studying. 

"I had to drink 3 mugs of coffee to keep me awake last night to finish mine." Shari yawned. "Eloise can you help me with my report?"

"Sure." Eloise answered. Even she was looking groggy.

"Ugh." I rubbed my eyes. I only got 2 hours sleep last night and I still haven't finished my report paper and my project, all of these things are stressing me out. But what's worse is that, if we fail and not hit the Eresian grade standard then we'd be kicked out. Which cannot happen to me. 

"Hi girls!" Nile waved at us as she, Bellona, Diana, and Isabel where walking past us. Diana and Isabel waved at us and Bellona managed a nod at me. 

We waved back at them and went back to what we were doing while they went to form a line in the food stalls. Even they seemed stressed by all of the academic requirements and projects well except for Bellona who's looking emotionless as ever.

I went back to my books trying my best to not fall asleep. 

"Why is this happening? First Kile leaves, now Blake? What? I Ram going to leave next?" A group of girls from a different year level gossiped a bit loudly making me hear them all the way form here. I rolled my eyes and went back to studying. 

_____________________

"Congrats Peggy! You survived." Aiden cheered when I walked out the door of my classroom. I just survive the whole week of stacking projects.

"Haven't seen you around lately." I punched his shoulder playfully.

"Maybe that's because you got your eyes stuck to your books for the past few weeks." He laughed. 

I scratched my head. "Sorry bout that."

"It's ok." He chuckled. "Seems like you were hit by a tornado, is that how stressed you are?" He chuckled and started patting my head.

I then realized that my hair was a mess, I took a step away from him and fixed it into a high bun. When I finished tying my hair I got shocked when he suddenly chocked me using his arm wrapped around my neck.

"Hey!" I shouted struggling to get out of his arm. 

"Loosen up you grumpy old troll." He laughed and flicked his finger on my head. 

"Let me go!" I said annoyed, before he could say anything else, I stomped hard on his foot making him immediately let go of my neck. 

"Ah!" He exclaimed and crouched to the floor caressing his foot. "That hurts." He complained.

"Serves you right." I laughed and walked away from him.

"Hey Peggy!" He called but I didn't look back.

When I got to the main doors of the school ready to exit he finally caught up. "Lets get some corndogs." He said catching his breathe. "My treat." He pointed to himself.

A smile formed on my face. "Yey!" I jumped on him, and together we walked towards the square. 

"Here." He handed me the corndog. 

"Thanks Ugly." I smiled and scooted over the bench so that he could sit beside me. 

"Is everything ok?" He suddenly asked out of the blue.

I frowned. "Of course, why wouldn't it be?"

"Nothing." He shook his head. "I was just wondering."

I kept quiet and continued eating my corndog.

"By the way, it's March already." He turned to me. "Is your Mom ready to come here?"

Shoot! I almost forgot about Mom's trip going here. "Yeah, she's so excited actually." I paused. I suddenly remembered that I haven't talked to her in a while. 

"She's scheduled to come here next week right?" Aiden asked. 

"Yeah she is." I took out my phone. "But I haven't yet talked to here in a while."

My eyes widened when Aiden flicked his finger on my forehead. 

"You naughty kid, tsk, tsk, tsk." 

"Cut it out!" I raised my fist at him as a warning.

He immediately shielded his face with his hands. "Ok, ok I'll stop."

"Good." I slumped back in the bench.

When I got back to the dorm that night, I dialed Mom's phone number while I was cooking dinner. 

[The subscriber cannot be reached] 

I frowned and redialed. I was moved to voicemail. She must be busy. Instead I finished cooking while Aicko was at the student council, things at the student council became complicated after Kile left. I just sighed and propped myself on the couch and scrolled through my phone. 

I decided to dial Mom again.

 It rang for a bit but she was unavailable.

I dialed again. I waited...and waited.

Her phone rang.

[Paige?]

My eyes lit up when I heard Mom's voice.  

"Hey Mom, I've been calling you."

[Have you? Sorry sunshine I'm busy these days.]

"It's ok." I assured her. "But I just want to remind you that your trip's next week, are you ready?" I asked in an excited tone. 

[Oh it is?] Mom asked.

"Yeah Mom, don't tell me you forgot, you've been waiting for this since December." I laughed. 

[Oh yeah I almost forgot.] Mom chuckled. 

"We're going to have so much fun Mom, Aiden and I will show you around the-"

[That sounds nice Paige, but I have to hang up.] Mom cut me off.

"Uh why?" I wondered. 

[I've got something to do.] She said in a hurried tone. [I'll call you again later bye.] 

I was about to say bye as well but Mom ended the call immediately. That's odd, she mostly loves phone calls with me. Maybe she's really busy. 

The days went on and exam's week is fast approaching. I became even more focused with my studies. One day, I scrolled through my phone and came across a news article about Blake's father in England. That suddenly gave me and idea to contact Blake.

 I opened our conversation and read. Our texts are now just full of good mornings and good nights, Sadly that's how it is if were both busy. I suddenly thought about calling him. I opened my phone again and dialed his number. It's the 2nd time I dialed him today.

His phone rang.

[Hello?] His deep voice said.

My insides suddenly awakened when I heard his voice. "Hey, how's it going?"

[Great.] I heard him yawn.

My eyes widened. I looked at the time on my watch. Shit it's 7 am here meaning it's 3 am in England.

"Oh my gosh did I wake you?" I said frantically.

[Uhm yeah but it's fine.] He yawned again. [I have time for you.]

"No." I scolded. "You should get some sleep.

I thought he was going to protest but suddenly there was no one talking anymore. He probably fell back to sleep. I sighed. "Sleep well." I said to the phone before ending the call. It's hardly possible for us to communicate with our busy schedules and the time difference. 

Soon exam week came. 

"I hope I pass." Aicko said while wearing her shoes. "We've been studying for weeks."

When we got to school everyone was busy reviewing and studying for the exams. From the looks of it, all of us were nervous. I walked the halls with Aicko, Shari and Eloise. 

Bellona, Nile, and their group from Section 1 was studying at the side of the hallways. 

 Ram was the only student I've seen without his nose glued to a book or reviewer. "Morning." He greeted us as he passed by. Poor Ram, before it was him, Blake ,and Kile walking as a group. Now he walks alone.

"Hey how are things between you two?" Aicko asked Shari.

Shari sighed. "He doesn't like me." She looked down. "It's over, that's that."

"Hey it's ok." Eloise held her hand. "Maybe he's not the one for you."

"Maybe you're right." Shari sighed. 

When we got to our classroom, everyone was quiet while they kept their focus on their reviewers. I sat on my chair and opened my book ready to continue reviewing. I opened my phone and found out I received a text from Blake this morning. 

From: Blake

Good luck with your Exams.

I was about to reply but the examiner entered the classroom so I hid my phone away.

The exams started. 

My eyes widened when my phone suddenly rang. Everyone including the examiner turned to me. I immediately pulled out my phone. My forehead scrunched when I realized it was my Aunt in Canada who's calling. I declined it. Now's not the right time for a phone call. 

"Sorry." I whispered and everyone went back to their papers. 

After a few seconds my phone started ringing again making everyone look at me once more. 

"Shit." I pulled out my phone and declined it again. What could be so important at this time?

And just like I've anticipated, after a few seconds it rang for the third time. 

This must be urgent. I looked up and almost jumped in my seat when I found the examiner standing in front of me with her brow raised. 

"Uh, Ma'am can I please just answer this?" I showed her my phone. "I think it's urgent." 

She eyed me. "Answer it here and make it quick." She said firmly.

"Yes Ma'am." I nodded and accepted the call before bringing the phone to my ear. 

"Hello?" I whispered, hoping that I don't disturb my classmates. 

[A-ashley..."] I heard my Aunt break down in tears from the other line. I immediately stood up with shaking hands and walked out of the room and into the quiet hallway ignoring the examiner.

"Wh-what's w-wrong?" I found it hard to talk. 

All I heard were her loud cries and sobs. She can't hardly breathe from crying, for some reason, tears streamed down my face even if I had no idea why. 

[Can you check your Mom's condition? She's in the hospital...]

By hearing those words, my world stopped. The yells of my examiner became muffled and tears continued to stream down my face. 

[I'm still in Canada but I'll get to you as soon as possible." She cried more.

I didn't know what to say. I just continued crying and nodded to my Aunt's instructions. When I brought down the phone my whole body was shaking. 

"Ms.Bennet!" The examiner yelled so loud at me when she got out the door of our classroom. Anger was displayed on her eyes but it immediately changed when she saw my tears. 

"Care to explain?" She eyed me. 

I was still shaking and my tears were flowing non stop. I wanted to tell her that I needed to be somewhere else. I needed to find Mom but I couldn't come to say any words. 

"Do you know how important your exam is?!" The examiner lashed at me again. 

"I-I..." I stuttered as more tears fell down. "M-Ma'am I-"

I was cut off when Aiden suddenly popped out of nowhere and pulled my hand and together we ran through the school hallways and out of the school building. I completely ignored the yells of my examiner. When we got outside, Aiden held on both of my shoulders making me face him. "What happened?"

"M-Mom's at the hospital." I cried on his chest and hugged me tightly to comfort me. I was breaking down even before I knew what was her condition. 

Aiden and I then went to his car and we both drove to the Rocket train station and went back to Massachusetts. My hands were shaking the whole train ride. What happened to Mom?

"She has stage 3 Breast cancer." The doctor said.

My knees felt weak by hearing those words. 

What is she saying? 

That can't be real

Mom was always healthy

How did this happen

Why didn't I know

Why... 

I cried once more when the nurse said that Mom's in the ICU. I felt my knees weaken when I peeked at Mom from the glass. She was hardly recognizable. There were machines attached to her body, An oxygen tube attached to her mouth, She was so thin and gone was her blonde hair. She's now bald.

Why is Mom like this

Why didn't she tell me

Why didn't I have any idea?

I turned to Aiden and cried loudly on his chest, even he was teary eyed but he remained composed as he patted my back. 

I just waited outside, I covered my face while Aiden sat beside me. He had his arm wrapped around my shoulder trying to calm me down.

"What happened?" Aiden's father arrived. He was the one who talked to the Doctors and handled some of the documents. 

I stayed outside the ICU room. Waiting and praying for Mom to wake up. 

"She started taking Chemotherapy 2 months ago." I heard the doctor talking to Aiden's father.

I kept quiet starring at the hospital floor, as the hours went by. 

"Paige?" Aiden's father knelt to be on my level. "It's getting late, you could come home with Aiden, You both still have exams tomorrow. I'll keep watch of your Mom."

I shook my head. "Sorry...but I want to stay with her." 

He sighed. "Well do you at least need anything that I can get you?"

I shook my head again. "It's ok...I'm fine."

He sighed once more. "Alright.

I spent the entire night awake in the hospital hallway while I studied for tomorrow's exams while Aiden fell asleep right away on the hospital chairs. 

I stifled my sobs to not wake Aiden, as tears streamed down my face while I flipped the pages of my book. Mom's condition felt like a sword pierced in my chest, I felt like crying all day in bed but I couldn't. I needed to study for the exams tomorrow but I'm hardly done. 

"Ma'am sorry I'm late." I apologized to our examiner and quickly took my seat in the classroom. I didn't get any sleep all night and I went to my house to shower early in the morning and afterwards, Aiden and I had to catch a rocket train to get back to school.  

Everyone was eyeing me and Shari was trying to call my attention but I didn't minded any of it. I'm 30 minutes late for my first exam today so I needed to start answering. 

5 days have past and she was still unconscious. But on the bright side she was brought to a private room meaning her condition is stable but non of that takes away the fact that she still has Cancer. 

"Sorry Blake but I'm so busy right now, can I call you some other time?" I said over the phone while walking hurriedly to the school's faculty room. 

[It's ok, take your time, is anything the matter?]

"No, no, not at all." I lied. " I'm fine, Anyways I have to go now. Bye." I ended the call.

 I knew that I lied, I also knew that I was definitely not fine, but he's busy and probably enjoying himself at England. I shouldn't bother him with my problems. 

"Ma'am!" I called one of my teachers for her to stop walking.

She stopped and turned to me. I rushed towards her. "Can you please still accept this?" I handed her my late project. "Something came up."

She took out her glasses and sighed. "Ms. Bennet, what's happening to you? You never pass anything late." She folded her arms. "But since this is the first time I'll accept it." She took my  project. "But points for this will be deducted."

I exhaled. "Thankyou so much Ma'am." 

Everyday became harder than the last. I hardly spend time with my friends anymore and I didn't anymore get to return to my dorm. I'd just take my exams and study in the one of the restroom's cubicles. I didn't want to run into my friends, they've been trying to get a hold of me but I can't get them involved in my situation. I barely ate because I needed all the time on break and lunch to study and keep up with my projects but I just didn't have the focus in me.

 I'd be reading a book but nothing seemed to stick to my head. Right after classes I'd go straight to the rocket train station and ride back to Massachusetts with or without Aiden, then I'd spend the night right outside Mom's hospital room to study. I couldn't bear to see her in her condition. If I saw how she looked again then I'd spend the entire night crying again instead of studying. 

"You're going to get sick with what you're doing." Aiden said when I met him at the entrance of the Hospital.

"Just allow it, I don't have much time to spare." I said in in a stressed town. 

"Look at your face." He fixed my hair that was falling down from my bun. "Do you even sleep?!"

"Do you think I have time to sleep?!" I snapped.

"You even look worse than you did before." He sighed. "Does Blake know about what's happening to you?"

"No, I don't want to bother him,"

"How about your friends?"

"I don't want to bother them either, now no more questions!" I snapped and walked back to my seat right outside Mom's room. Aiden just silently sat beside me. "At least get some sleep." 

I sighed and held my head. I feel so dizzy and tired. I decided to cut classes the next day so that I can get some sleep. I regretted it the minute I woke up. 

I kept everything to myself for days. All of my emotions were hidden, I pretended to not be stresses and to have lack of sleep. I felt like my brain wasn't anymore functioning well, I couldn't even think straight. I can't anymore see my Mom like that. Everyday I'd wait and wait for her to wake up.

"What is happening to you?" Aicko had her arms crossed. Today she, Shari, and Eloise cornered me in the hallway of school. "Why are you cutting classes now?"

"Some of the exam results came out today." Shari said. "Your scores were unreal."

"What's going on Paige?" Eloise frowned. "This is so unlike you." 

At that moment, I felt like I really wanted to tell them the truth, but my heart just wouldn't say it. 

"It's nothing." I started to walk away. 

"Don't walk away from us Paige!" Aicko yelled making everyone in the hallway look our way. 

I stopped walking and they came to me. 

"I don't know what's going on with you, why you wouldn't tell us, or why would you keep it to yourself." Aicko looked me in the eye. "But if you don't do something about your grades then you could get kicked out."

"So please." Aicko held my arm. "Let us help."

I looked down. "Sorry." I took my arm away from her and walked away. I'm in a big mess right now, I'd rather if they'd get mad at me than worry about the mess I'm in.

My eyes widened when I saw Mom's hospital bill. The amount was too big and Mom's not even awake yet, meaning this cost will still increase. Aiden's father told the doctors to hide the bill from me and that he'd be in charge of all of Mom's expenses but I had to say no.

No matter how in need we are, and no matter how close our family is to Aiden's. We would never accept charity. Mom wouldn't want this. 

How am I going to pay this?

The question replayed on and on in my head.

 That night I went home without telling Aiden since he was fast asleep on the hospital chair. 

I went straight to my room and pulled out piggy banks that were hidden under my bed. These are my life's saving ever since I was a kid. I opened the piggy banks and started counting the money. My hands were shaking. While I counted my money, my head started thinking of many ideas on what part time jobs could I apply for me to earn more. 

 In the middle of counting my phone suddenly buzzed. I picked it up and found a message.

From: Eres grade's administrator

Dear Ms. Bennet 

I'm sorry to inform you but unfortunately, you didn't get to reach the average quarterly grade of the Academy this semester. If you wouldn't get to meet the desired grade by the next couple of weeks, then were so sad to say that we'll have no choice but to have you expelled.

My heart dropped after reading the message. Me? Expelled? I suddenly found it hard to breathe.

All my self encouraging words that I imprinted on my brain started to disappear. I pulled the strands of my hair in frustration. 

Won't this ever end?!

Can't it all just stop?!

I've had enough.

I stood up and ran out of my room leaving my money on the floor. I ran downstairs and to the door. I just want to run away from it all. I don't care about my messy hair or puffed eyes. 

I opened the door ready to run but suddenly stopped. 

Blake stood in front of me, his clothes seemed like he just arrived from the airport. 

"W-why are you here?" I asked in shock.

"Why are you here alone?" He asked back in a serious tone. 

"I-"

I was cut off when he pulled me into his arms.

"Let it out." He whispered. "I'll just pretend that I don't hear it."

After hearing those words I broke down and let all my tears out.

_______________________________

Comment your answers

What do you feel about Kile leaving?

What do you think about Aiden?

What do you think about Blake? 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23K 2.6K 54
Life was never fair and Elizabeth, understood this concept when her boyfriend cheated on her with her best friend. That was the worst day of Elizabet...
8.4K 316 32
Valentina enters Arbourne School, an elite English boarding academy, with a plan-befriend everyone, fit in, and rule the school. The only thing stand...
151K 4.6K 33
Completed "What the hell do you think you're doing?" I asked, glaring at him while he forcefully dragged me out of class. "You told me you need help...
4.7K 519 36
The one who has eyes on her. The one who is hiding from him. The one who needs her. The one who lusts her. The one who cares for him. The one who pro...