Love and Despair (A Hermitcra...

By JustAnAverageFreak

Evil Xisuma is released from The Void after being banished into the black abyss two years before. Now he's ba... More

Welcome Peoples
Important Information
The Characters
Chapter 1: Always
Chapter 2: And Forever
Chapter 3: HOW?
Chapter 4: Oh no...
Chapter 5: Confused
Chapter 7: The Story
Chapter 8: A Chase
Chapter 9: Why?
Chapter 10: Visitors
Chapter 11: Halo Steak House
Chapter 12: Together
Chapter 13: Wizardly Books
Chapter 14: Super Smash Bros
Chapter 15: Use My Voice
Chapter 16: Babysitter Troubles
Chapter 17: Unknown Users
Chapter 18: The Dream
Chapter 19: Snap
Chapter 20: Shut Up And Fight Me
Chapter 21: Teamwork
Chapter 22: What Did I Do?
Chapter 23: Another's Dream
Chapter 24: Planning And Promises
Chapter 25: Rescue Mission
Chapter 26: Battle of The Brothers 2.0
NEW COVER!
Chapter 27: Hopeful
Chapter 28: Marching On
Chapter 29: Glitch
Chapter 29: The Final Fight
Chapter 30: Checkerboard
Chapter 31: I'm Tired
Chapter 32: Agony
Chapter 33: Forever and Always

Chapter 6: It's Safer This Way

2.1K 74 101
By JustAnAverageFreak

IM BACK BISHES

Its been 4 days BUT IT WAS SOOOO LOONNNGGG UGH

ANYWAY

I had started this chapter before I left for the weekend, and I just reread what I had annnddd...

it sucked...

It was doodoo in the form of writing.

So I scrapped it and restarted... 

AND DID YALL SEE I DREW SCAR AND JELLIE KDNVHIKSDJC:IS I LOVE EM SO MUCH 

Ignore the crappy parts in the drawing, focus on the okayish parts, lean way back, and squint and you may actually see that it is almost descent...

Ok! Side note! I am just writing this as I go. I know where I want this story to go, but I don't know how Imma get it there or what exactly will happen, sooooo issa little but all over the place. Im just going one sentence at a time basically, and we'll see where this story ends up together :p

NOW 

LEZ GO!!

~~

Word Count: ~2.5K

~~

TW: hints at suicide (that's a spoiler, oops) , angsty angst, stuff like that

~~

POV: 3rd person (this is the first time EVER I have written in 3rd person so bare with me xD)

~~

The Hermits, minus Xisuma, were all sitting on the steps in front of the Town Hall, arguing over who was going to explain to Grian everything about this Xizara player.

TFC didn't know what to think at the moment. For one thing, he was ecstatic that Xizara was back. For another, he was terrified. 

Terrified about what Xizara will do now, what happened to him then, how Xisuma is going to handle the situation, and how the hermits will react in the long run to him being back. 

Xizara hurt many of them, including TFC himself, and they may not take kindly to the fact that he is back. 

The oldest Hermit wanted to go comfort the Admin, but he knew it was not a good idea. Xisuma needed time. 

But he also needed someone. TFC knew, however, that he was not that someone. 

With a quiet gasp of realization, the chef sat up straight, scolding himself for not thinking of this sooner. He opened his communication panel, clicked on a certain person's name, and started typing.

{TinFoilChef} U may want to head over to Hermitcraft.

{TinFoilChef} Xizara is back

{BiffaPlays} omw

TFC relaxed against the cement wall, tuning back into the Hermit's conversation.

~~

Xisuma sat beside his twin's bed, his gloved hand holding on to the other's like a life raft in the middle of a stormy ocean. The tears stopped a while ago, but his thoughts hadn't slowed. He was confused. Not only about how Xizara is back or what had happened to him, but what he should do now. He did know, however, he would never, ever, send Z back to the Void. No matter what.

The Admin studied Xizara's face, noting the dark bags under his eyes and the scars that littered his face. He could remember what his brother had gotten most of them, having been fighting along side him when they were given. 

He missed those times.

Xisuma laid his forehead on Zara's hand, wishing for him to wake up, but also dreading that moment. He had so much he wanted to tell Xizara and had no idea where to start.

Or if he even should start.

He won't want to hear my pitiful excuses. 

Doubts crept in, slowly blinding him until all he saw was the now familiar self-hatred, guilt, and confusion. He should just leave. Xizara won't want to see him and-

"Do you remember Mum's cookies." Xizara's voice cut through the air, startling Xisuma out of his head, making him jerk up to face his twin. His voice was a quiet, almost inaudible, whisper that was raspy and hoarse. It sounded like it hurt him just to say those simple words. 

It wasn't just scratchy though. It was broken. 

Empty.

It was so void of emotion, it sent a cold shiver down Xisuma's spine.

"Yeah..." X responded in a voice just as quiet, lacing it in confusion. 

"They were the best." Xizara was cut off with a harsh cough, rivaling that of a smoker. X immediately climbed up to sit beside the shaking figure, helping him sit up enough to drink from the bottle Grian had given. The Admin held the glass to Zara's lips, and he greedily drained it, the cold liquid soothing his burning throat. 

Xizara couldn't help but wonder if his vocal cords will forever be damaged from his almost constant screaming while in the Void.

When Z finished guzzling the water, X took back the bottle, setting it on the ground. He started rubbing comforting circles on his twin's back. "Thanks," the white-haired Voider mumbled.

"No problem."

They sat there, silent, for several minutes before Xisuma broke the silence.

"I missed you." His voice cracked with emotion.

"Why." Xizara's voice had not gone above a whisper, and X wondered if he was even able to speak louder than a murmur. 

"Why wouldn't I?" Z just shrugged in response.  

After a moment of silence, Zara spoke up. "I love you. I know everything I did to you may make you believe I don't, but I do. Always and forever, right?" Neither of them could hold back their smiles at the simple phrase. "I can't even remember what had caused me to do what I did. It seemed like I was fine one day, and the next all those bad emotions bubbled up and over so fast, I couldn't stop it. Is that a sign of insanity? Losing control over your mind in less than a day?"

"Your not insane-"

"But I am. I lost my mind. I had tried to kill you for Notch's sake! My own twin..." Xizara shook his head sadly. "And who knows if I will be able to keep it now. As much as I don't want to believe it, I am more than likely to go insane again. Especially no that I'm broken beyond-" He was cut off by his clone.

"But you not-"

"YES I AM!" Z to a deep breathe, covering his face with his hands. After a minute, he continued. "And if I wasn't broken and insane then, I sure as hell am now." He raised his head, his dark purple eyes meeting the lilac colored eyes of his brother. 

Xisuma shivered when he looked into Zara's eyes. They were so devoid of emotion, completely empty. 

Not empty like an insane person's, but empty like those of a person who has given up. 

That scared Xisuma more than anything.

He didn't know what to say. Xizara was right. His brother was broken, and it was all his fault. 

Z just shook his head, pushing himself up to try to stand up. When he got his feet under him and stood up, he stumbled and Xisuma quickly grabbed him, helping him to stay steady.

"Where are you going?"

Xizara just turned to face his twin. "I'm sorry." The words were nearly inaudible. Xisuma felt magic spark off his brother, and he quickly stepped back, gasping in surprise when he saw the familiar black magic cloud around Zara's hands. Before he could do anything, the white-haired boy had already flicked his wrist, sending a shot of the black magic into his twin. 

The blast hit Xisuma square in the chest, sending him flying back into the wall. His head hit the wall with a thud, knocking him out almost instantly. Xizara walked over to his brother, resting his hand on his cheek and his forehead against X's. "I'm sorry. It's safer this way." He lifted his head, kissing Xisuma's forehead softly. Tears were running down Z's face as he gently pushed X over to lay on the bench, pulling the blanket up over his shoulders. He tucked him in like he was just taking a small nap. 

Xizara stood up straight, turning his back on his unconscious brother. He flipped his right hand over, the familiar communication panel popping up immediately. He scrolled through the settings until he found the button for coordinates. Clicking it, the screen of important coords opened, and Z saw what he was looking for. 

By the looks of it, the portal would be somewhere below him, so he went over to the ender chest and found all his items in the same spot they were before, like nothing happened. Zara took his pickaxe out and started digging down, letting out a yelp when he fell straight through the floor, which had only been one block wide. He dropped into a room that looked like a lounge of some sort. It was a long, rectangular room, and he had fallen into the front, left corner. He had barely avoided falling onto a hockey table. A pool table sat beside it, and a foosball table beside that. A fridge, microwave, and cabinets, which he assumed held snacks, lined the wall to his left. A large TV hung on the wall farthest from him, with a U-shaped couch and multiple bean bags in front of it. Multiple other things for entertainment spread out through the room. It looked like a fun place to chill with friends.

Those weren't what Xizara was looking for though. Two portals were embedded in the longer walls, one on each side. One was obviously a nether portal, and had no wall behind it, leading out into the town's center. He could hear voices outside. The other portal, however, had colorful swirls flowing through it and a white quartz bordar.

A portal to The Hub. 

Before Zara could run over to it, a figure popped out. He dropped to the floor, hoping he wasn't seen. The player sprinted towards the nether portal, and Xizara sucked in a breathe as he realized it was Biffa. Silent tears fell down his face as he watched his old friend run through the portal, into the plaza. Sighing, he slowly stood back up, hobbling over to the Hub Portal, and stepped in, teleporting quickly out of Hermitcraft, into The Hub. 

{EvilXisuma left the game}

Outside, everyone was talking over one another, greeting Biffa, giving him hugs and pats on the back. The only player who noticed the message was Hels. He sucked in a breathe.

Wels. Look.

(AN- Whenever it is italics, it most likely means it is Wels and Hels talking to each other, in their head. xD)

Hels showed his brother his communicator, and he read the message. That's not good.

No it's not. That means he left to the Hub, which is not good at all.

Do we follow him or go make sure X is okay?

Let's follow Z, he is in more danger right now than X.

'K.

It was a silent agreement, that whenever they started walking, Hels takes the first step. That way, they don't fall. It was no different this time. Hels stepped forward swiftly, Wels following suit. They took off in a run through the nether portal, into the lounge, and out through the Hub Portal. 

No one saw the brothers leave. No one knew the danger Xizara was in. 

Biffa looked around frantically, trying to find the boys. They were like sons to him, and he had missed Xizara like a father would miss their own child. TFC spoke up. "They're both in the Town Hall." He pointed toward the building, and Biffa took a step back in surprise at the beautiful building and the shiny throne in the middle. 

"They are on the left." Grian's loud voice spoke over everyone else. For such a small boy, he had one of the loudest voices, demanding attention. 

Biffa nodded, taking off up the steps. His heart pounded in anticipation at seeing Zara and Suma. At the top, he stopped, listening to see if he heard their voices, wanting to not bother them if they are in the middle of a conversation. When he heard nothing, he slowly, cautiously, walked around the corner, not wanting to startle Xizara. Or Xisuma for that matter.

He braced himself for seeing the brothers, but stopped short, a gasp escaping his mouth as he saw Xisuma lying unconscious on the bench with his helmet off. Xizara was nowhere to be seen.

Running up to the Admin, Biffa slid onto his knees beside X. 

"Xisuma!" He pulled the blanket off and saw a scorch mark from a blast of magic on the armor protecting his chest. It had been a weak hit, though, not meant to hurt Suma. Biffa guessed hitting the wall was what knocked the Voider out. A groan came from said Voider as he started to stir. 

"Whaa-"

"Hey X, you alright?" Biffa helped Suma sit up. When he was finally up, he slouched forward, head in his hands.

"No," Xisuma groaned. "WAIT!" The Admin shot up and began to look frantically for his brother. "Where is he? What did he do?" He cringed when the question flowed out of his mouth, hating that he couldn't trust his own twin. 

"I don't know. I came to see you guys but you were passed out and Zara was gone." Biffa took X by the arms and slowly sat him down on the bench. "Why don't you tell me what happened?" 

"I don't- I didn't- I don't know." He stumbled over his words as his emotions surfaced and leaked down his face. 

Biffa's voice was calm. Fatherly. "Well, tell me what you do know."

So he did. Everything that happened since the notification came that Z was back spilled out of mouth in words and eyes in tears. Biffa sat patiently, rubbing comforting circles on his back. 

After he finished, Xisuma leaned into his friend and cried, but not long after, Biffa saw the hole in the floor. 

How had he not seen that before?

Then everything clicked. No one had seen Xizara leave the Town Hall. He wasn't in the Town Hall. There was a hole in the floor leading into the lounge. The Hub Portal was in the lounge. 

Biffa sucked in a sharp breathe. "Check you comms, Xisuma." His eyes never left the hole.

"Why-" He stopped when he followed the old Admin's gaze. Realization flashed through his eyes as he stood up swiftly. When he saw the notification, he let out a pain-filled cry and raced out of the Town Hall, tugging his helmet on as he went. Biffa was close on his heels.

The Hermits watched in confusion as the two Admins flew down the stairs and into the lounge. They saw through the purple swirls of the nether portal Xisuma and Biffa disappear into the Hub Portal.

Everyone was quiet, still trying to piece together what had happened. 

Grian was the first to move, running after the Admins into the Hub. One by one, every Hermit followed the small Avem in pursuit of Xisuma.

~~

ALL DONE

This one was hard to write, seeing as I have never written in 3rd person, so ignore everything that was awful please and thank you!

I will take constructive criticism though, because I really wanna get better at writing like this :P

~Buh-Bye!! 💛💛 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.7K 777 16
grian felt himself begin to fall into the abyss, his hand wrapping around his chest as his wings flew up; he was falling... ♡ hermitcraft is a place...
1.2K 27 9
When trying to repair a mysteriously obsidian-clogged conduit, Impulse suddenly sees what appears to be a shark. Confused, he swims closer to get a...
7.9K 332 35
There's someone new in Hermit village. Someone with secrets that can't be shared. Xisuma knows that Impulse isn't human, but anyone, no matter the s...
80.7K 1.6K 62
everyone is doing it, and I also have a lot of ideas in my head. I'll try to write about everyone, but probably will stick to a few hermits since the...