Love and Despair (A Hermitcra...

By JustAnAverageFreak

Evil Xisuma is released from The Void after being banished into the black abyss two years before. Now he's ba... More

Welcome Peoples
Important Information
The Characters
Chapter 1: Always
Chapter 2: And Forever
Chapter 3: HOW?
Chapter 4: Oh no...
Chapter 6: It's Safer This Way
Chapter 7: The Story
Chapter 8: A Chase
Chapter 9: Why?
Chapter 10: Visitors
Chapter 11: Halo Steak House
Chapter 12: Together
Chapter 13: Wizardly Books
Chapter 14: Super Smash Bros
Chapter 15: Use My Voice
Chapter 16: Babysitter Troubles
Chapter 17: Unknown Users
Chapter 18: The Dream
Chapter 19: Snap
Chapter 20: Shut Up And Fight Me
Chapter 21: Teamwork
Chapter 22: What Did I Do?
Chapter 23: Another's Dream
Chapter 24: Planning And Promises
Chapter 25: Rescue Mission
Chapter 26: Battle of The Brothers 2.0
NEW COVER!
Chapter 27: Hopeful
Chapter 28: Marching On
Chapter 29: Glitch
Chapter 29: The Final Fight
Chapter 30: Checkerboard
Chapter 31: I'm Tired
Chapter 32: Agony
Chapter 33: Forever and Always

Chapter 5: Confused

2.3K 82 214
By JustAnAverageFreak

YALL LOOK WHAT I DREWWWW ISJDFOINOIJPA it may not be perfect, but it's one of the best things I've ever drawn. If you can't tell, it's Wels and Hels, or Els. KSDFJKLDHNC:OI I LOVE ELS SO MUCH They are my favorite characters...

OK BACK TO YOUR REGULARLY SCHEDULED PROGRAM!!!!

Another chapter because I have nothing better to do

I want a donut...

LEZ GO!!

~~

Word Count: ~2.3K

~~

TW: Ummm...none...if there should be, let me know and I will fix it immediately!!

~~

POV: Grian

~~

{EvilXisuma joined the game]

Who?

I was just restocking the barge when that notification popped up. Confusion clouded my brain, the immediate response of the other Hermits only adding to it. I tried asking who they were, but didn't get a clear explanation, other than he's dangerous, stay away from him, and he has red armor.

That doesn't really help me. Seeing as I was close by, I decided to check the spawn island, the place where most players appear when entering Hermitcraft. I flapped my wings and flew up into the sky at a surprisingly fast rate. Spreading them, I let myself glide over to the HEP llama and landed right at the foot of it. 

Peering over the ocean, I saw the spawn island and a player laying on the sand. Most people would only be able to see a figure from this distance, but I'm an Avem and can see every detail of the player. He had white hair spread out around his face, tangled and covered in sand. On his face were two scars in the shape of an x, almost identical to Xisuma's scars. His armor, however, was exactly like X's, down to the smallest detail, other than scratches and scuff marks of course. The only thing different was that the helmet was attached to his belt instead of on his head.

I couldn't see if he was breathing and almost flew over there in my panic. I didn't want to go against what Mumbo said, however, so I stayed put, opting to just tell the others to hurry up. A second after I sent the message, his chest rose quickly, gasping awake like they do in the movies. He brought his arm up and covered his eyes.

I messaged the others, telling them he moved. Mumbo's immediate response sent butterflies to my stomach, and Stress' response only made my cheeks deepen in color. 

When Jevin asked where I was, I told him and he landed next to me seconds later. 

"Hey," I said in a small voice.

"Hi G," he answered, crouching down next to me. "What has he been doing?"

"He just woke up I think. He covered his eyes, then rolled over. It looks like he is having trouble sitting up though." Evil Xisuma, if that is even his real name, was trying and failing to push himself up onto his elbow. "Are you sure he's dangerous?"

Jevin hesitated before answering. "I don't know..."

As soon as those words left his mouth, I saw someone fly over at an alarming rate to the island. I thought they were going to crash face first, but at the last second, they pulled up, landing not so gracefully on their feet. I recognized him as Xisuma. He fell down beside his clone, trying, almost desperately it seemed, to help him sit up.  Sending a message to the others, I pushed myself off the ground, spreading my wings, and gliding over the the island. 

I landed in front of the men, helping X catch the newcomer when he almost face-planted in the sand. Jevin landed a few feet in front of us. I was on my knees beside Evil Xisuma, trying my best to support him. 

"Xizara! Xizara, can you hear me? Please!" Xisuma sounded on the verge of tears, and looking at his face I realized he was

So his name is Xizara...Cool.

Jevin spoke up. "How did he get here?"

X ignored him, or didn't hear him. I honestly wouldn't be surprised. Instead, he lowered his clone's hands before he could rub his eyes, seeing as his hands were covered in sand. Xisuma expertly unclasped the helmet from Xizara's belt, and gently slid it into place on his head. The clone sighed in relief. 

I heard more people land and, sure enough, Doc, Tango, Etho, Mumbo, False, and Stress were here by now, all of which were standing around not knowing what to do.

I never took my hands off Xizara, one grasping his arm, the other supporting his back. 

"How is he here?" Cub's voice broke the silence.

"Why is he here?" Doc did not sound happy.

Tango spoke up. "Did you let him back in X?" He sounded nervous.

"No,"  Xisuma snapped. That quieted everyone. 

Doc stepped up, a diamond sword in his hand. He set the tip of his sword on Xizara's shoulder, uncomfortably close to my face. "I say we kill him before he kills us." 

Oh, bad move.

Xisuma jumped to his feet, surprising everyone. I couldn't see his face, but the way Doc recoiled, I could tell his eyes were filled with rage. 

"Get away from him."  The deep, slow words, spiked with anger, came out of X's mouth like a growl. It was scary.

Doc looked nervous, but stood his ground. "He'll hurt us." 

Xizara noticed the sword on his shoulder, and lurched away from it. I grunted as I almost fell down with him, but was able to steady both of us, keeping us from falling back into the sand.

"It was not his fault! It was mine! You hear me?" All of Xisuma's pent up emotions tumbled out. "I did this to him! Do you understand? I did this! If you want to hurt anyone hurt me." Xisuma shoved Doc back, causing him to stumble over his feet, not expecting it. Ren caught him, helping him stand back up. "Do NOT hurt him. I did this-" His voice broke off in a sob.

While X was yelling, Xizara, had let his eyes wonder, looking from the sword, to Doc, to Xisuma. He looked confused, so he shut his eyes, shook his head, and looked back to his brother. The confusion turned to panic as he frantically looked around from one Hermit to another, the dread in his eyes only increasing. He looked towards me, and the alarm was replaced by confusion for a split second before he went back to panicking. 

"...X..." I trembled. 

I wasn't scared of Xizara.

I was scared for Xizara.

He looked terrified.

He gasped and shoved my away, and I fell back onto my butt.

"Grian!" Mumbo ran to my side, helping me up. I wasn't hurt, just worried. 

Worried about Xizara.

He began scrambling back as fast as he could, which wasn't all that fast. Xisuma turned around, startled. They made eye contact, and I could almost hear both their hearts stop. Xizara let out a sob, and Xisuma sucked in a breath, both of them had tears streaming down their face.

X looked frozen, not sure what to do. His brother hit the water, and his panic only grew. He tried to stand up, quite stupidly might I add, but fell right into Xisuma's arms.

The Admin held onto his brother for dear life as his knees gave out, dragging them both to the ground. Xizara tried getting away, but stopped when he realized he couldn't. They both broke down, sobbing into each other's arms. 

I will admit, I may have shed a few tears of my own.

All of the Hermits were here by now, and we were all crammed onto one side of the tiny island. None of us knew what to do, so we just stood there. 

Awkwardly. 

Many found out just now that their shoes looked especially interesting today. Others watched the brothers like they were watching a movie. Still others (*cough cough* Stress *cough cough*) tried to get out of Iskall's arms to go comfort them. 

Thankfully, Iskall knew that wasn't what they needed, so they held the Healer back, their arms wrapped around her waist.

I must admit, it was quite cute.

If Stress wasn't flopping around like a fish on dry land trying to get out of the Swede's arms.

After a couple minutes of this, Xizara seemed to fall asleep, or pass out. 

I'm not sure.

Xisuma pulled out of the embrace a little bit, letting Xizara slide down in his arms. It looked like something out of a Hollywood movie, where someone was holding a person who just died in their lap. 

The Admin looked up at me, meeting my eyes. "Please help." His voice was hoarse from crying. 

I nodded in understanding, walking quickly over. Mumbo grabbed my arm weakly, still scared for my well being. I just shook his hand off, sending the tall man a small, comforting smile. X had stood up, still holding onto Xizara. I walked over, reaching out to help hold him up.

We carefully swapped Xizara over to me, so my arms were wrapped tightly around his torso. It was quite an awkward position seeing how he was almost a foot taller than me. I had to use my large wings to steady myself. X was still helping me hold him up so I wasn't having to bear the entire weight on my own. 

"Where?"

X just nodded his head weakly towards the Town Hall. I mumbled an ok, before spreading my wings, getting ready to fly. 

I'm not the only player with wings on this server, but I have the strongest by far. When I flapped them once, I shot into the air, the extra weight only slowing me down a little. 

When holding someone while flying, I always wrap my arms around their torso and grab my wrists behind their back, so when I fly, their armpits keep them from slipping out of my arms. My wings do all the work, so all I have to do is hold on to my wrists without letting go. My wings get tired fast, though, so I can't fly with someone else for long.

I flew quickly over to the large Town Hall, gliding skillfully into the door and tilted my wings so I miss the throne. When my feet hit the floor, we are already under the archway at the sides. I drag the twin over to one of the benches under the stairs and let him down gently. 

Or I may have accidentally dropped him onto it, and his helmet may have smacked the bench and he may have also been only half way on the bench.

Maybe.

I sighed, grabbing his legs, lifting them up, and setting them onto the seat. I rearranged his limbs so there is less evidence of his less than graceful flop. When I heard the rockets and thump of someone landing nearby, Xizara was laying on his back looking quite comfortable if I do say so myself. 

Xisuma ran over to his side. He must have been the one to thump onto the floor. He crouched down beside his twin, carefully removing the helmet off the white-haired player. I stepped back, giving him room, before turning my back and walking to an ender chest nearby. Grabbing two glass bottles of water and some golden carrots, I turned on my heel and walked back over to the two. I silently handed X the food and water, and he gave me a simple nod of appreciation. 

I remembered something, so I jogged back over to the enderchest, grabbed the little bed I keep in there, and shut the lid. I held my hand up and a bed, about the size of a quarter, floated above my palm, spinning and bobbing up and down. I swept my hand to the left, and a full sized bed appeared in front of me, and I went to work stripping the bed of it's blankets and pillows. 

The sound of a helmet being unclasped echoed through the room. Xizara's was already removed, so that must have been X's. Knowing he never wanted anyone to see him without a helmet before, I was careful to I walk backwards towards the brothers with an armful of blankets and pillows. I stumbled a bit, seeing as I couldn't see where I was going, but made it over to X without dying, so that's good. 

I made sure not to look towards the Admin as I turned just enough to see where to set the stuff in my arms. I let everything fall into a pile beside the bench. 

I jogged out of there after, leaving the two alone. 

When I walked outside, I was crushed in a hug. At first I didn't know who it was, but a familiar smell of redstone and pine needles made its way up my nose.

Mumbo.

I sighed, leaning into the embrace, wrapping my arms around his waist.

"Are you okay?" 

I let out a small laugh. "Of course, Mumbo," I mumbled into his chest. 

The mustached man pulled away all to soon. "You sure."

"Yes, mum," I mocked, with a playful eye roll.

Mumbo returned it. "I was just worried."

"I know, but there is no need. He was unconscious. The only one that was in danger was him, because I almost dropped him a few times."He just laughed at me. "Now, will someone please tell me who he is and why he is so dangerous."

Ren spoke up. "Did you not see him? He just looks evil!"

"Really? He looked like he may have peed his pants in terror," I deadpanned.

Everyone laughed at that. This made me smile. They were all so tense since Xizara showed up.

"We do have to tell him, though," Stress said once everyone had calmed down.

"Or else X will have to, and I honestly don't think he would be able to," Joe spoke.

TFC butted in. "Why don't you sit down, and we'll tell you."

We all nodded in agreement, and everyone took a seat on the steps of the Town Hall.

~~

OVER 2000 WORDS YALL

WHAAATTTT

Welp, long chapter makes up for the fact that I won't be able to write ALL WEEKEND

IM GONNA DIIIIEEE T^T

Im goin campin tho so i'm happy

BUT NO WRITING 

ISDJFOIJDS:PIOJCSDJM

Okay...

~Buh-Bye!! 💛💛 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

45.4K 1.5K 28
The admins and The Watchers have been fighting a creature called "Error" for a while. Once again Error has been defeated temporarily. A young Watcher...
8.1K 341 35
There's someone new in Hermit village. Someone with secrets that can't be shared. Xisuma knows that Impulse isn't human, but anyone, no matter the s...
5.8K 321 52
Sixteen hermits settle down in a far away campsite for their two-week vacation, having only one day to enjoy before disaster strikes. Each day, peopl...
36.4K 676 23
Hi. This is a Hermitcraft book! I do some pretty terrible writing, and If you like it, I thank you. Occasionally I will post some AU ideas and that...