Two Sides Of A Serial Killer...

Autorstwa Aurora_thoughts

He kills people for pleasure. She kills people for work. He has a dark past, she has secrets. He is fascin... Więcej

☠️ Preface🔪
Prologue
1: The Club
2: Spin The Bottle
3: You're Welcome
4: Thirst For Freedom
5: End Of The Night
6: Devil's Lair
7: Thanks But No Thanks
8: Whiskey Neat
9: The Hawk
10: Poor Little Fingers
11: Voodoo Magic
12: Devil In Disguise
13: Rest In Piece
14: Seal The Deal
15: The Right Justice
16: A Cup Of Keir
17: Double Trouble
18: Unclassified
19: Deadly Sleep
20: Gorgeous
21: Mutual
22: Night Dreamer
23: Ephialtes
24: Precarious
25: Post Vacation Blues
26: Insurgent Killer
27: Ultimate Ruin
28: Make Sense
29: Push And Pull
30: Woke Up Hurting
31: The Zebra
33: Not Today
34: The Biggest Mistake
35: Highs Too High
36: Lows Too Low
37: Move On
38: It's Over
☯︎ Epilogue - Two Sides ☯︎
Cast And Aesthetics ❣︎

32: Endure The Risk

169 13 4
Autorstwa Aurora_thoughts

"So? What happened?" Keir asked as soon as they came back to her house.

"He gave me an offer." She sighed.

"You mean a deal." He shook his head in dismay.

Selene gave him a pout hoping it would calm him which didn't work.

"And the offer is?"

"He wants-" Her words were cut off by the knock on her front door.

Keir scrunched his eyebrows in confusion, "A visitor at this time of the night?"

Selene didn't answer him and wordlessly opened the door.

A chirpy as usual Shana walked in and gave a bright smile on Keir's way.

"Why is she here?" He didn't wait to ask till Shana placed her second foot in.

"Keir!" Selene glared at his rudeness.

"What?" Keir asked with an innocent look.

"It's fine, Killer. I've been keeping her secrets from like ever." Shana laughed at her own supposed joke.

Selene glowered, "Don't. Call him that!"

Shana smiled and gave a military nod, "Okay!"

Selene looked back and forth between the other two and let out an exasperated sigh.

"This is gonna take a while."

****

"Brent threatened to tell everything to Haden if you don't let him help you?" Shana asked in confusion.

"Pretty much." Selene nodded.

Keir came behind her and handed her a coffee mug that he made to calm her nerves.

"Aww! You made coffee for her?" Shana looked at Keir with her large impressed dovey eyes.

Keir rolled his eyes discreetly and sat on the chair in the living room.

"I heard you make good coffee. Let me taste." Shana grabbed the mug from Selene and sipped.

Keir opened his mouth to stop her but reflexively placed his closed fist on his mouth to control himself.

That coffee was specifically made for Selene. He didn't want her friend to have it. If it is something in his hands, he didn't want her friend in this room either.

She was very chirpy for his liking and her eyes that trailed his every move made him very uncomfortable.

He rarely enjoys a living human presence except for his family. Now Selene is added to that List, and he loves the solitude he shares with her, which her friend seems to break.

"It is exotic!" Shana exclaimed while sipping the coffee.

Selene choked on her saliva and coughed at the tone Shana used. Shana doesn't usually behave like that, she isn't sure what's wrong with her.

Keir placed a polite smile and thanked her.

"And... To the topic, I think I'm gonna take his offer." Selene tried to focus them back on the subject.

"Why not just kill Brent?" Keir suggested.

Selene gave him an unbelievable look but soon Shana joined him.

"That'd be aweso-!" But cut herself off when Selene glared at her, "-I mean it'll be a total waste if we kill him."

"The only waste I can see is him being alive on earth." Keir snorted.

Selene shook her head.

"No, she's right. We kill him and then what? I still have to work with Haden. I still have to give NIA you both. It'll be the same shit as before.

But if I take up Brent's offer, I can shut up Haden permanently and NIA for a while. If Haden's gone, Brent won't come after me."

"I don't trust him and neither should you." Keir warned.

"She doesn't have a choice." Shana shrugged.

"Yes, she does." Keir snapped and looked to Selene, "We can run off."

Selene closed her eyes and shook her head, "I can't. The FBI and NIA will find me in a week. They have all my databases."

"We have to risk it. We just need to believe that Brent wants his brother's powers more than your cut head," Shana said.

Selene nodded agreeing with her and hoping the same. She can't have everything without a price. Especially when her everything starts with K.

Soon as Shana left, Selene turned to a pissed off eerily silent Keir. He shook his head lightly at her and turned away.

"I don't like this idea. Not even the slightest." He seethed walking away.

Selene trailed behind him. "Then what do you suggest? You got a better idea?"

He turned to her blankly and she waved her hands in the air, showing her frustration.

"I can protect you. Just say the name and I'll kill everyone. Brent, Haden, Thindrel?" He called out the names, his eyes silently begging her to give him the permission.

Selene shook her head smiling and wrapped her arms around his neck.

"You don't think I can do that?"

"You can kill the whole world, alright. But it's not that."

He raised his eyebrow in question.

"I've never ran away from my problems, Keir," Selene said looking straight into his dark eyes. "I stood my ground and endured it. If I had run away that night, I would've never met you nor we would be standing here embracing each other."

Keir sighed, still not giving in. He knew she had a point but still the thought of anything hurting her, makes him want to go out and kill everyone in his way, if not for the promise he made to her.

"I don't want us to live a life peeking behind our backs every time we are happy. I want closure, solace and normality in my life for once. For that we need to distract NIA once and for all -" She took his face in her hands and gave it a light shake.

"-And you need to trust that I can do this. Okay?" She questioned searching for an answer in his eyes.

His lips slowly curved into a side smile, "Convince me." He joked.

Her heart skipped a beat looking at the dazzling smile on his perfect face.

A smile, that she would give her life to see it. A smile, she craved to see since the day had started.

A smile that made her forget her troubles like everything is right in this world.

She laughed and pursed her lips, "Physically or sexually?

"Hmm.. " He squinted his eyes, like he was in deep thought. 

"Definitely sexual." He said before pulling her up on his shoulders and walking to the gates of sin.

***
The Next Day

"This better be good for calling for an urgent meeting, Selene," Thindrel said walking into their cabin.

He undid his suit button and took a seat in one of the chairs. Shana, Jacob and Ashton were already waiting.

"I think I can finally find evidence to catch Haden." Selene announced.

"You think?" The Chief asked.

"I'm positive." Selene said, somewhat doubtfully.

"Positive?"

"I am certain." She gritted in annoyance, "You don't look interested in this subject like I expected." She pointed out, giving a confused look at him.

"I will be, when you yourself are sure that we can have Haden once and for all." The Chief shrugged nonchalantly.

"I'm not playing. The evidence we are looking for is in his treasury."

"A treasury to which you have no access to." He pointed out.

"You forget that Haden asked me to supervise the goods traveling from Italy into the treasury?"

"And you think this supposed evidence will be out in the naked eye's reach?"

"No. But I'll work something out. All you need to do is let the ship hit the shore. Ask your team to stand back." Selene ordered in confidence.

Thindrel stared at her for a minute, pondering over the plan. It does bring him relief that if this plan works out, they can put a stop to this six year struggle around the Reyes merchandise. But if it doesn't he might lose his best agent that he trained himself like his own son.

"Fine. Do it. But remember the evidence we need must be enough to put him for life imprisonment or death sentence." He warned, "Anything less, he'll be bailed out in no time and will come after you."

Selene nodded, understanding the risk.

She gave a curt nod and he nodded back indicating the meeting adjourned.

When others left, Thindrel got up and stood beside her.

"Anything about Hunt?"

"Not yet." She answered vaguely.

"You don't seem to focus on him." He complained.

"And all you seem to focus is about him." She snapped back.

Thindrel glared at her through his icy blue eyes that was enough to cause a chill to run along her spine.

"You will have him. Soon." Selene said, a moment later.

Selene clicked her heels together, taking her leave for today to which Chief nodded in agreement.

When Selene was about to open the door, he called out for her.

"Be careful, Sel. One wrong move then we can't extract you out of his mansion." Thindrel warned.

Selene gave him a small smile grateful for his unexpected concern and left without a word.

*****

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

21.2K 1.5K 106
⚠️ Warning!!⚠️ ⚠️ Contains mature content such as smut, violence, language and drug use⚠️ Completed ^^^^^^^^^^^^^* " Bad things happen to everyone a...
12.9K 510 11
SEQUEL TO HIS OBSESSION || Two killers have escaped police custody and are on the run. A broken, violent man haunted by his own demons. And a woman w...
414K 10.6K 35
♣She touched me, and left a reason to exist.♣ "I can see it right through you, you desire me." He started eyes turning dark as night before his finge...
684K 12.7K 51
'For The Mafia' Series - Book 1 of 3! ~~~ "Down on your knees." He lets go of my hair and pushes my shoulders down roughly, before unbuttoning and sh...