STARTING LINE , teen wolf

By -natalics

₊˚ˑ༄ؘ͏͏͏͏͏͏ ͏͏͏͏͏͏ ͏͏͏͏͏͏ ͏͏͏͏͏͏ ͏͏͏͏͏͏ 𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒓𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒍𝒊𝒏𝒆 ❝ 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒔𝒂𝒚 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒘𝒉𝒐𝒍𝒆 𝒘𝒐𝒓... More

𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒓𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒍𝒊𝒏𝒆
𝒂𝒄𝒕 𝒊 , numinous
𝒑𝒓𝒐𝒍𝒐𝒈𝒖𝒆
𝒐𝒏𝒆 , wolf moon
𝒕𝒘𝒐 , second chance at first line
𝒕𝒉𝒓𝒆𝒆 , pack mentality
four; magic bullet
five; the tell
six; heart monitor
seven; night school
eight; lunatic
nine; wolf's bane
ten; co-captain
eleven: formality
twelve; code-breaker
thirteen; omega
fifteen; ice pick
sixteen; abomination
seventeen; venomous
eighteen; frenemy
nineteen; restraint
twenty: raving
twenty-one: party guessed
twenty-two; fury
twenty-three; battlefield
twenty-four; masterplan
act ii. exile
twenty-five; tattoo
twenty-six; chaos rising
twenty-seven; fireflies
twenty-eight; unleashed
twenty-nine: frayed
thirty; motel california
thirty-one; currents
thirty-two; visionary
thirty-three; the girl who knew too much
thirty-four: the overlooked
thirty-five: alpha pact
thirty-six; lunar eclipse
thirty-seven; anchors
thirty-eight; more bad than good
thirty-nine: galvanize
forty: illuminated
forty-one: silverfinger
forty-two: riddled
forty-three: letharia vulpina
forty-four: echo house
forty-five: the fox and the wolf
forty-six: de-void
forty-seven: insatiable
forty-eight: the divine move
storytime: the person who stole my fic
act iii. monster among men
forty-nine: the dark moon
fifty: 117
fifty-one: muted
fifty-two: the benefactor
fifty-three: i.e.d.
fifty-four: orphaned
fifty-five: weaponized
fifty-six: time of death
fifty-seven; perished
fifty-eight; monstrous
fifty-nine: a promise to the dead
sixty: smoke and mirrors
kennedy hale : crack edition
act iv: bad moon rising
sixty-one: creatures of the night
sixty-two: parasomnia
sixty-three: dreamcatchers
sixty-four: condition terminal
sixty-five: a novel approach
sixty-six: required reading
sixty-seven: strange frequencies
sixty-eight: ouroboros
sixy-nine: lies of omission
seventy: status asthmaticus
seventy-one: the last chimera
seventy-two: damnatio memoriae
seventy-three: codominance
seventy-four: the sword and the spirit
seventy-five: amplification
seventy-six: lie ability
seventy-seven: a credible threat
seventy-eight: the maid of gévaudan
seventy-nine: the beast of beacon hills
eighty: apotheosis
act v: midnight rain
eighty-one: memory lost
OLD & NEW READERS ; PLEASE READ
eighty-two: superposition
eighty-three: sundowning
eighty-four: relics
please stop me from putting kennedy in shadow & bone
eighty-five: radio silence
eighty-six: ghosted
stroytime: another person stole my fic

fourteen: shape-shifted

20K 653 322
By -natalics

chapter fourteen

fixed on a moment just out of focus
shape-shifted ; 

━━━━༺❀༻━━━━

The McCall's guest bedroom was anything but silent as Kennedy danced around the room, dancing to the sound of Selena Gomez on her stereo. Her long brown hair bounced off her shoulders as she slid around, her socks letting her have a gracious glide. Scott McCall walked by, only wearing his pajama pants as he looked into the bedroom. "Ken? What are you doing?"

Kennedy stops, breathing heavily as she looks at him. "Dancing. It's my new source of exercise." She mutters, putting a hand on her hips. "What are you doing? And why aren't you ready for school?" Her boots were on her bed, waiting for her to put them on. Scott observed the room, seeing some small signs of settling in from Kennedy. Her comforter from her old room took place of the one Melissa originally had on the bed, and Scott noticed a bright yellow fuzzy blanket that Kennedy had always had sprawled at the bottom of it. He noticed the mess of makeup on the vanity, and a picture on the dresser of Kennedy, Lydia, and Allison from the night they went dress shopping. Stiles had taken the picture, much to his dismay. There was a second picture next to it, of just Kennedy and Jackson from freshman year. Scott was happy that Kennedy was able to have the picture without the bitter memories, but he was more happy when he realized she was comfortable. With him. with his family.

"Stiles is picking us up," He reminds her, walking away. Kennedy sighs, annoyed he didn't even answer her question. She turns back to her vanity, tying some of her wavy hair back, so it would be a half up half down hair style. Her mind traveled to Ben Stallard, the man she always considered as her father. Until now. Kennedy had asked Sheriff about things that weren't as important, like her name.

Was she Kennedy Stallard? Or Kennedy Hale?

The question had lingered in her mind for almost a week, and Sheriff still hadn't given her the answer she wanted. All she had, recently, was question, after question, after question. She had no clue how to solve them, except talking to Derek.

"Hey, bitches!" Stiles's voice echoed in her ears, followed by his feet booming up the stairs. He approached her room first, leaning his body on the doorframe. He gave her that contagious Stilinski smile, catching her off guard for just a moment. "You ready, Freddy?"

The teenage girl stared at him for a looming moment, "Yeah, yeah I am." She stood up from her vanity, quickly gathering her things.

༺❀༻

"I'm serious. It's not like the last full moon. I don't feel the same."

Stiles, Scott, and Kennedy walk down the hall of Beacon Hills High, heading towards the locker room. And though Kennedy wasn't supposed to walk in along with him, it didn't stop her. She had decided against telling the boys what happened, at least until she could find Isaac again. She knew that the screaming was likely Isaac's dad, and whatever got to him before they did, was still out there. "Oh, does that include the urge to maim and kill people like me?" Stiles asks sarcastically.

"I swear I don't have the urge to maim and kill you." Scott sighs.

Stiles and Scott approach their lacrosse lockers, other boys sending Kennedy unsure looks. However, none of them really minded, as she was titled as one of the hottest girls in their school. "You know, you say that now but then the full moon goes up and out come the fangs and the claws and there's a lot of howling and screaming and running everywhere, okay?" Stiles started. "And it's very stressful on me and so yes, I'm still locking you up."

Kennedy looks up from thought. "I don't have the urge to kill you," She chimes, an innocent expression on her face.

The Stilinski looks over at her, putting his hands on her shoulders. "And you're the newbie, it's required I lock you up," She pouts, and Stiles felt his body warm at the sight of her bright blue eyes. Sighing, he looks over at Scott, "So, yeah, locking you up."

"Okay, fine. But I do think I'm in more control now." Scott begins, leaning against the locker. "Especially since things are good with Allison."

Stiles rolls his eyes. "Okay, I'm aware of how good things are with Allison." He mutters.

"They're really good." Stiles says something sarcastic, trying to get Scott to stop. "I mean, like, really good."

"All right, I get it!" He groans, causing Kennedy to giggle. "Just please shut the hell up before I have the urge to maim and kill myself."

Raising her brows, she looks over, "Well if you're going to be locking up two werewolves, did you get something better than handcuffs?" She asks him.

Stiles nods, "Yeah, much better." Stiles opens his locker, a chain falling out. Scott and Kennedy look down, watching as it continues to trickle down to the floor, reminding Kennedy of a waterfall. Classmates look around in confusion, Scott sending Stiles a shocked look. Kennedy bites her lip to stop herself from laughing, the chain still falling.

Coach Finstock walks over, joining the staring party. The chain finally stops, Coach shrugging, "Part of me wants to ask. The other part says knowing will be more disturbing than anything I could ever imagine. So, I'm gonna walk away." He waves them off, before looking at Kennedy. "What are you doing here? This is the boys locker room!" He shouts.

Kennedy raises a brow, "When has that ever stopped me from walking in here?" She asks him, honestly. Coach doesn't bother to reply, walking away. Kennedy chuckles to herself, before a smell fills her nostrils. She remembers it from last night, but she can't figure out why.

"You guys okay?" Stiles asks, confused. Both of his werewolf friends had similar expressions, and it weirded him out, a lot.

Scott looks around, "There's another. In here, right now." He says.

"Another what?"

Scott looks at Kennedy, who's eyes glowed for just a moment. "Another werewolf." He answered.

Stiles looked at them, confused. "I, actually, need to go," Kennedy whispered, "Lydia's back, and I have hardly talked to her." She grabs her bag tightly, running out of the locker room.

"You really don't remember anything?" Allison asks the strawberrry blond as they walk towards the school. Kennedy approaches them from the side, a smile on her face.

"They called it a fugue state, which is basically a way of saying We have no idea why you can't remember running through the woods naked for two days." Lydia explains, "But personally, I don't care. I lost nine pounds."

Kennedy stops her friends, looking between them both. "Are you ready for this?" She asks, holding Lydia's hand.

The Martin scoffs, "Please. It's not like my aunt's a serial killer. " Kennedy sends a warning look, "And, I have my bestie right by my side," Lydia says, smiling right at Kennedy. Allison and Kennedy chuckle as Lydia turns her body, making sure Kennedy was right by her side when she walked in. The students passing by stopped their chattering, turning to see the girl who went missing and the girl with the serial killer aunt. Kennedy stood between the two girls, holding on to Lydia's hand.

"Maybe it's the nine pounds." Allison whispers. Kennedy tightened her grip on Lydia's hand, listening to the girls heart beat slow. Lydia turned her head, looking up at Kennedy. The Stallard, now Hale, smiles wide, and Lydia returns it. The two look straight ahead, both of them flipping their hair at the same time. Their heals click against the ground as they confidently stride down the hall, walking like they own the place.

Which, in a way, they do.

༺❀༻

"Why are you calling me? I'm in class!" Kennedy hisses, walking down the hall. Her phone is pressed to her ear as she pushes the doors outside open. "I leave you guys alone for 30 minutes, and all hell breaks loose."

Stiles sighs, looking in the direction she'd be coming from. "We found the other wolf, it's Isaac." Kennedy pauses for a moment. Everything she suspected, was correct. Not that it was much of a surprise to her, but she was definitely still mad that she was right.

Kennedy sighs, picking up her pace, "Yeah, I know," She mumbles. She sees Scott and Stiles from a far, seeing their confused reactions at her words. They both turn to see her approaching them.

"What do you mean you know?" Stiles utters out.

"I found him last night. He was running from his dad." She begins. She looks past them, seeing a group of cops talking to Isaac and Coach. "Shit, they found him."

Scott looks at her, "Did you help him kill his dad?" He blurts. Stiles looks at him, whacking the side of his face.

The brunette looks at him with an incredulous look. "No! I helped him hide from his dad. We heard something attack Coach Lahey, but Isaac wouldn't let me go look." She explains, looking between the two. "Isaac said he needed to go look for Derek, scurrying off."

Stiles opens and closes his mouth, looking behind himself to see Isaac. "Are they saying he's a suspect?" He asks Scott.

"I'm not sure, why?"

"Because they can lock him in a holding cell for 24 hours."

Scott and Kennedy look at him, "Like, overnight?" Scott asks. The wheels in Kennedy's head began to spin, and she looked up at Stiles with wide eyes.

"During the full moon." She whispers. Stiles brings his lips between his teeth, looking over at her with an awkward nod.

The McCall looked between the two, "How good are these holding cells at holding people?"

The Sheriffs son have a sheepish look, "People, good. Werewolves, probably not that good." Kennedy watched as Isaac took a glance at her. He gave her a pleasing look, as if begging her to swoop in and save him.

"Stiles, remember when I said I don't have the urge to maim and kill?" Scott asks. Kennedy doesn't take her eyes off the Lahey. She didn't even know him, but here she was, praying that he was going to be okay. "He does."

༺❀༻

Kennedy's day passed as normal as it probably could. Her locker was filled with books and things as she sighs, thinking what she might need for the rest of the day. "Hey,"

The girl turns her head, seeing Matt. "Hi," She smiles, closing her locker slowly. Matt stands in front of her, adjusting his bag. She looks it over, seeing the gear. "You're on the lacrosse team?" She asks, surprised.

"Yeah, I joined this semester," He explains, smiling awkwardly. Kennedy nodded, realizing he was probably in the locker room today. "You're not one for privacy are you?"

Yep, called it.

Kennedy chuckles, "I've known the entire team since they were playing on the playground at recess, most of them don't care when I show up yelling about something ridiculous." She tries to explain, an awkward smile on her lips.

Matt laughs, looking down at his shoes. "I definitely don't think they mind the most beautiful girl in Beacon Hills walking in on them changing," Kennedy stops moving, definitely not expecting that. Matt stares at her for a moment, before stepping back, "Sorry, I shouldn't have been so bold-"

"It's okay," Kennedy whispers, shaking her head, "You're totally okay."

The pair stare at each other for a moment, neither of them really minding the short silence. "Kenny!" The two snap out of their moment, Stiles practically running over. "We have class," He says, breathing heavily. The boy turns his head, surprised to see Matt. "Hey," He whispers.

"Hey, man." Matt nods. Completely ignoring Stiles from there, Matt looks over at Kennedy. "I'll see you around, Kennedy." He gives a smile, walking away from the duo.

Stiles narrows his eyes at the boy, before looking at her. "Since when did you talk to him?" He asks.

Kennedy shrugs, "His locker's by mine, I guess." She chirps, leading the way to chemistry. Stiles frowns, looking over at the lockers surrounding Kennedy's. He knew one thing.

Matt's locker was nowhere near hers.

Mr. Harris began writing on the board as students took their seats. Today, Stiles and Scott sat next to each other, while Kennedy was in front of them. Scott looks over, "Why would Derek choose Isaac?" He asks.

Stiles fiddles with his pencil, "Peter told me that if the bite doesn't turn you it could kill you. And maybe teenagers have a better chance of surviving." He explains. Stiles takes a quick look at Kennedy, knowing she was listening but she didn't say anything. He exhaled through his nose, looking back at Scott.

"Doesn't being a teenager mean your dad can't hold him?"

Kennedy turns around, her chair skidding across the floor. "The only way they can hold him is if they have solid evidence, which is unlikely there was anything at the crime scene, because he was with me." She shrugs, resting her elbow on the table.

The Stilinski looks down at his paper, "Or if they have a witness." Stiles's eyes light up, and he spins around. "Danny. Where's Jackson?" He asks.

Danny looks up from is worksheet. "In the principal's office talking to your dad."

"What? Why?"

Danny looks down in thought, "Maybe because he lives across the street from Isaac." He offers the idea. Kennedy's eyes widen as Stiles turns back to them, sticking her head out as if saying SERIOUSLY?

"Witness." Scott whispers.

Stiles sighs, knowing that they were going to keep Isaac the night of the full moon. "We gotta get to the principal's office." He says. Kennedy turns around to her paper, working on something.

Scott sighs, "Okay, but how?" He asks. The two boys look forward, seeing a large paper ball in Kennedy's hand. More specifically, three of them.

"Everyone, please turn to page 73," Mr. Harris says, finishing writing on the bored. Then, in a series of events, a paper ball hits the back of his head. He flinches, "What the-" Just as he turns, two more paper balls smack him in the face. Kids in glass giggle as he looks around, "Who in the hell did that?" He asks, eyeballing the trio. Kennedy points her finger at Stiles, who raises his hand high to point at Scott, and Scott points at Kennedy.

Soon enough, the three were shoved to the Principal's office. "Scott, do you think your mom will kill me for getting in trouble?" Kennedy asks, shuffling through a notebook. Scott shushes her, listening in on the conversation. She rolls her eyes, looking back at the notebook. She looked at the top of the page, where her name would usually go for assignments. What would she write?

Kennedy Stallard? Or Kennedy Hale?

She was taken away from her thoughts as the Principal's door opens. Sheriff Stilinski and one of his deputies come walking out, Stiles urgently snatching Kennedy's notebook from her hands, and putting it in front of his face. Noah stared at his son for a long moment, sighing before looking at the other two. "Hi, Scott. Hi, Kenny."

"Hi, Sheriff," Kennedy smiles brightly, trying to act cool. Scott gave a sheepish wave, the two watching Noah walk away without saying anything to Stiles.

The door opens, Kennedy expecting to see their principle step out, however, its not him. "Come on in."

Scott and Stiles stand up, Kennedy following, "He's from last night," Kennedy murmurs.

"Yeah, he's Allisons grandfather," Scott explains.

Kennedy's jaw drops, "And you didn't bother telling me?" She hisses, smacking his arm.

The three sit next to one another, Mr. Argent opening up a file. "Scott McCall. Academically not the most accomplished, but I see you have become quite the star athlete." Kennedy bites her tongue, looking around the room. "Mr. Stilinski. Oh, perfect grades but little to no extracurriculars. Maybe you should try lacrosse-"

"Oh, actually I'm already-" Stiles attempts to cut him off, but Mr. Argent moves on.

"And Miss Stallard," Kennedy looks at Scott, not sure what's on her file. "Says here you have the second highest GPA in your class," Stiles looks over at her, not expecting that, for some reason. "You're rather involved, former softball player, and always homecoming court." She gives an awkward smile, nodding slowly. Mr. Argent looks back at Scott, who visibly tenses up, "McCall. You're the Scott that was dating my granddaughter."

Scott looks up, "We were dating but not anymore." He stars. "Not dating, not seeing any of each other or doing anything with each other, at all."

Mr. Argent waves Scott off, "Relax, Scott, you look like you're about to crack a cyanide pill with your teeth." He jokes. Kennedy furrows her brow, not finding it very humorous.

"Just a hard breakup." Scott mumbles.

"Oh, that's too bad. You seem like a pretty nice kid to me." Mr. Argent says, he looks at Kennedy, "I've seen a photo of you in Allisons room, correct?"

Kennedy sits up straight, "Yeah. She and I are really close friends.We just haven't talked recently." She explains, her hands in her lap. Stiles looks over, noticing her shaking hand. He looks forwards, staring at Mr. Argent.

"Now listen, guys. Yes, I am the principal, but I really don't want you to think of me as the enemy." Kennedy looks over, watching Stiles take her hand from her lap, holding it tightly.

Stiles chuckles, "Is that so?" He mutters, look over at Scott.

Mr. Argent nods, "However, this being my first day, I do need to support my teachers." Kennedy grimaces, sinking in her chair. "So unfortunately someone is going to have to take the fall and stay behind for detention."

Scott looks over, staring at Stiles. The human boy looks at him with an incredulous look. Kennedy sighs, looking forwards. "I did it," She admits. "I was annoyed with Mr. Harris, and threw the paper balls at his face." She says, which wasn't a lie. Stiles looks at her with a confused look.

"We, did it." Stiles adds, leaning forwards. "Both of us, me and Kenny. Kenny and me." He stutters. Scott and Kennedy look at him with confused looks.

Mr. Argent sighs, "Alright, well," He clears his throat, putting the files to the side. "Mr. Stilinski, Miss Stallard, I'm afraid you two will be attending detention with Mr. Harris this afternoon," Kennedy and Stiles share looks, knowing they didn't want it with Harris. Kennedy narrowed her eyes at Stiles in confusion. Why did he take the fall with her? He could have easily let her take full blame and gotten out scotch free. She sighs, looking back at Mr. Argent.

༺❀༻

Stiles tapped his pencil on the table, looking down at the papers. Kennedy sat next to him, bouncing her leg. Her hair had fallen in her face, curtaining her expressions from Stiles. He watched as she scribbled notes down on a math work sheet. "Hey, Ken?" The brunette looks up, her blue eyes landing on Stiles. "Can we talk?"

Kennedy looks forwards, looking at Mr. Harris, who was grading homework. She sighs, "Sure,"

"Ken, have you even went and visited your dad?" He asks her. Kennedy was caught off guard, to say the least.

She twirled her pencil between her fingers, "Which one?" She asked softly. Stiles sighed, his heart aching. He wanted to help her, in ways maybe a best friend shouldn't want. But when she looked up at him, with her ocean eyes and pink velvet lips, he could get lost in observing her features forever.

Stiles snapped himself out of his feelings, looking at her, "Either," He whispered. "Ken, you need answers. Peter's gone, and Ben is sitting in a cell-" He pauses, looking down in thought. "He's in a cell,"

"Thanks for the reminder, Stiles," She grumbles, turning away.

"No, Ken, he's in a cell, at the station," Stiles grabs Kennedy's shoulder, turning her towards him. "With Isaac."

Kennedy's eyes widen in realization, her heart dropping to her stomach. "Oh my god," She mumbles, feeling sick. "Oh my god, oh my-" She grabs onto the table, bending over as she breathes heavily.

Mr. Harris looks up, "Is everything alright?" He asks them.

Stiles grabs onto the girl, trying to prop herself up, "Uh, yeah, I think she's just sick," He mutters, grabbing her things and shoving them in her bag. Mr. Harris looks at the time, and the sun, which had set, leaving it dark out.

"Well, I guess you two can leave. I expect to see you both in class,"

"Yep, bye!" Stiles shouts, grabbing his and Kennedy's phones before dragging her out of the room. Kennedy felt like her head was spinning as she looked around. "Kenny, calm down," He says, stopping her in the middle of the hall.

The brunette shook her head, grabbing onto the lockers. "It's fine, it's the full moon. Just, give me a second, to focus," She murmurs, her nails itching to shift into claws.

Stiles shook his hands at her, "Ken, this isn't the full moon, this is a panic attack," He utters. Kennedy groaned, falling to her knees. "And the full moon," He says, seeing her eyes grow gold. He kneeled down, grabbing her by her arms and leading her to a near by bathroom. She stumbled in, leaning on to a sink. "Okay, you need to think of something that makes you happy. Like your mom-" He pauses, realizing that wouldn't help. "Or Derek-" He stops again, realizing Derek killed her dad. "I don't know, think of something that calms you down," Kennedy breathes heavily, leaning against the wall. Her eyes close slowly, her mind traveling somewhere else, anywhere else.

Kennedy fell back on the bed, Stiles was hovering over her, his arms resting at either side of her head. "Are you sure this is a good idea?" He asked her. Kennedy watched him skim her body, looking down at her shirt which he had unbuttoned. The red flannel puddled on either side of her, his face inches from hers. She studied his features. Kennedy remembered his ragged breathing from their heated kiss. His beautiful brown eyes stared down at her, and his jaw was illuminated by the moonlight.

Her mind traveled to the story Stiles told her before. About the body, the woods, and Scott there alone. "Are you sure Scott's going to be okay?" Kennedy asked, her voice soft. Stiles thought about the room only next door, that was titled The Stiles Room that he slept in when he was over. But now, well, he was here, with this girl that he's known all his life.

Stiles thinks for a moment, wondering if it's worth it to stop to go find Scott. But every rational thought passed when he looked back at her. Her shirt pulled apart, and her black lace bra. "Yeah I think he'll be fine," He breathes, leaning down, pressing his lips on hers. Kennedy's arms link around his neck, their bodies pushing closer together in every way they could, closing any space between them. It felt like a drug that neither of them could get enough of. The two sat up for just a moment, letting him slide the fabric off her soft arms. She leaned her forehead on his, letting out heavy breathes as his hands grazed her figure. She placed her hands on his jaw, her blue eyes studying his features, and his brown eyes. Stiles looked at her lips, and then leaned back in, connecting their lips once more.

When Kennedy opened her eyes, they were met with those same brown eyes, and those same lips, and that same boy with the buzzcut. Her breathing had noticeably slowed, and she was clutching on to Stiles's hand with a stone grip. She bit her bottom lip, avoiding contact with him as she stood up. Why was a memory of Stiles the thing that calmed her down? More specifically, why was it that memory?

The Stilinski stood up, following the girl as she walked towards the sink. "Are you okay?" He asks her. He didn't know what happened, or what she thought about, but she was caught off guard, and looked confused.

Kennedy nodded, running her fingers through her hair. "Yeah, um, I'm fine." She mumbles. She knew it was a lie, and Stiles probably knew too, but there wasn't time to continue the topic before his phone rang.

The pair rushed out of school, approaching the blue Jeep. "Hey, sorry, Harris literally just let us out of detention. Literally. And he had our phones the whole frickin' time." He complained, looking back at Kennedy,

Allison's voice filled the other end of the line, "Well, we need to do something right now. They were asking me all these questions about Lydia and how she was bitten by Peter, and then they sent this guy out."

"Wait, what guy?" Kennedy asks, confused. Stiles and Kennedy stop at the trunk of the jeep, waitig for Allison's response.

"He was dressed as a Sheriff's deputy."

Stiles looks at Kennedy, "They're sending him to the station for Isaac." He realizes. Kennedy felt like she was going to throw up. Sure, she and Isaac weren't close, but she always thought he was a good kid that just needed extra love.

Allison thinks, trying to help as best as she can. "He was also carrying this box with something on it, like, um, like a carving or something." She recalls, looking around her room.

"What was it?" Stiles asks.

The Argent walks to her desk. "Hold on, hold on. It's in one of these books." Stiles and Kennedy wait for her."I'm taking a picture." Kennedy's phone buzzes, and she grabs it from her jacket. "Did you get it?"

Stiles looks over Kennedy's shoulder. "That's wolfsbane, right?" Kennedy asks Stiles, "Like what we found when we found Laura's body." Stiles nods, not really liking the situation coming into view.

"What does that mean?" Allison asks, not sure what was going on.

Stiles points his finger to the Jeep, Kennedy rushing to the other side. "It means they're gonna kill him." He replies, him and the werewolf climbing into the car.

Kennedy looks up, "Wait, I have an idea," She says, leaning into the phone, "Allison, I'm gonna text you an address, and you have to meet us there."

༺❀༻

"This is a horrible idea."

Kennedy and Stiles sit in the jeep, waiting for Allison's call. "It's not horrible as long as we stay on task." She says. Stiles turns to look at her, remembering this exact conversation during Scott's first full moon. She sends a playful grin, turning to the road.

"If you do anything wolfy, you could go full serial killer for the rest of the night." Stiles argues, throwing his hands in the air.

The brunette sighs, "I won't. I'm getting better at this control thing," Stiles quirks an unconvinced brow. "I promise, I'll be fine." The phone begins to ring, and Kennedy picks it up, "Hey hot stuff, did you slow him down?" She asks, sending Stiles a joking wink.

"You could say that." Allison sighs on the other end.

Stiles sighs, "All right, well, uh, we're headed to the station right now." He stated.

"Where's Scott?" Allison asks.

Stiles replies, "Isaac's."

"Does he have a plan?"

"Kinda, it's Kennedy's, but not a very good one." Stiles grumbled.

Kennedy scoffs, "My plan is going to work!" She interjected, slapping Stiles's arm.

Allison listens to the two bicker, a knowing smile drawn on her lips. Stiles scoffs, "And unfortunately we don't really have time to come up with anything better." He adds.

When they get off the phone with Allison, Stiles watches as Kennedy types away on the phone. "What are you doing?" He asks. He watched her hair string in her face, the blue light illuminating her face.

"Texting Derek," She remarked, closing the phone. "And you're going to pick him up."

Stiles frowns, "What? No I'm not,"

"Stiles," Kennedy warns, "Isaac needs our help, but we can't do that without Derek, Isaac's alpha." The brunette looks up at her best friend, who stares at the road in thought.

Scoffing, Stiles smacks the wheel, "Fine," He mutters, turning on his blinker to take a turn.

༺❀༻

The blue Jeep slowly rolled up to the Beacon County police station; Derek and Stiles sit in the front seat, while Kennedy sat in the back. "Okay, now the keys to every cell are in a password protected lockbox in my father's office." Stiles started, looking over at the alpha. "The problem is getting past the front desk." Kennedy sighs, knowing she could have done it herself when Ben was still deputy.

"I'll distract her."

Derek moves to the handle, Stiles grabbing him "Whoa, whoa, whoa, you?" He raises a brow, "You're not going in there." Kennedy and Derek both eyeball the hand on Derek, the Stilinski moving back quickly. "I'm taking my hand off."

"I was exonerated." Argued Derek.

Stiles leaned over, "You're still a person of interest." He reminds him.

Derek scoffs, "An innocent person."

The human boy couldn't believe of all people, Derek, said he was innocent. Shifting in his seat, "Okay, fine. What's your plan?" He asks.

"To distract her."

Stiles hums, "How? By punching her in the face?" He does a fake punch, causing Kennedy to tilt her head in confusion.

Derek gives a fake laugh, before giving a stern look. "By talking to her. " He grumbles. Kennedy shrugs, finding that there may be a possibility of that working.

"Okay, all right. Give me a sample. What are you gonna open with?" Stiles looks at Derek, waiting. Derek sent him a look as if saying I'm literally gonna eat you. However, Stiles didn't seem to notice. "Dead silence. That should work beautifully." He says sarcastically. "Any other ideas?"

"I'm thinking about punching you in the face."

Without another word, Stiles lets Derek go into the building. Kennedy sighs, "Okay, you ready?" Kennedy asks. Though Stiles was in fact not ready, he scurried out of the car anyways.

The two walked towards the door, Stiles pausing. "Wait, Ken," The brunette turned around, looking up at him in question. "If we see your dad, and if you shift-"

"Stiles, he knows what I am. He knew the Argents, the Hales. He's probably the one that gave the Argents the hint about werewolves returning to Beacon Hills." She explains. "If I shift? I shift."

She doesn't let Stiles answer, walking towards the door. The two approach the door, poking their heads out to see Derek. "Um, I had a question." He pauses, observing the deputy. "Um, sorry I'm a little, a little thrown. I wasn't really expecting someone-"

"Like me?" She asked, and Kennedy assumed the woman thought Derek wasn't expecting a girl.

Derek chuckled, "Oh, I was gonna say so incredibly beautiful but, yeah, I guess that'd be the same thing." Stiles grabs his friends hand, pulling her down the hall.

Kennedy walked into the office, Stiles looking back at her. "Ken, are you okay?" He asks, seeing her eyes shift between their normal blue and gold.

"Yeah, I'm just trying to focus on keeping myself human," She breathes, biting the inside of her cheek. She looks over Stiles's shoulder, "Is that it?" Stiles turns around, seeing the lockbox. He walks over, typing in the code. The two teens notice that nothing happens, and Stiles grabs it again, the full lockbox falling into his hand, "It's empty," She whispers.

The sound of jingling catches their attention. "Oh, no," Stiles mumbles. He looks around, turning back to Kennedy. "I need you to stay here," He says.

Her eyes widen, "What? No,"

"Ken, they have wolfsbane. If they see you, they will kill you." Stiles explains, grabbing her by her shoulders. Kennedy purses her lips, letting Stiles move her just out of sight. "I'll be right back," The human boy spun on his heel, walking out of the room. Kennedy tried to slow her breathing, focusing on Stiles. He took a turn, bumping right into the hunter. "Oh, uh," The hunter looked at him, "Just looking-" Stiles stops, gazing down at the arrow in the mans leg. "Oh, sh-" Before he can run, the hunter grabs him by his shirt, cupping his mouth over Stiles's mouth. Kennedy's mouth fell open as she heard him struggle, being dragged away. Her eyes glowed their bright gold, but Kennedy couldn't stop it, not now.

The fire alarm went off, and Kennedy knew it was Stiles. A growl escaped her lips as she stepped into the hall, walking towards the cells. Stiles is thrown on the ground, ad he breathes heavily as he tries and sprawls to his feet. The hunter looks down at him, before hearing the sound of growling. He looks up, and so does Stiles. Kennedy glared him down, her golden eyes and fangs staring back at the hunter. Stiles looked over, "Uh oh," The hunter and Kennedy stopped for a second, looking over at where Isaac's cell was. Or, rather, whats left of it. The hunter turned back to the girl, holding up the needle when a figure jumped at him. Stiles fell back, landing at Kennedy's feet. The brunette looked over at werewolf Isaac, shocked he was doing so well.

"Kenny?" A voice echoed in her ears, a voice she prayed she wouldn't hear tonight. Kennedy turned her head, her golden eyes shifting blue as she saw Ben Stallard. Stiles watched as Isaac and the hunter struggled, but he looked back at Kennedy. "Oh, Kenny, I'm-" Ben stopped, watching her eyes glow gold again. Kennedy turned, jumping towards Isaac and the hunter. She let out a monstrous roar, snapping the mans arm before grabbing the injection, throwing it to her side. It smashes into pieces, the liquid spilling to the floor. Isaac grabbed the man, slamming his head to the ground and leaving him unconscious.

Stiles breathed heavily as he scrambled behind a fallen table. Isaac's eyes land on him, and he growled, stepping towards him. Kennedy jumped into action, grabbing Isaac and throwing him to the side. Stiles's jaw dropped as she stood in front of him protectively, not letting Isaac near. The newly turned werewolf stands, letting out another growl when a loud, scary, horrific roar fills everyones ears. Isaac backed up in fear, cowering into a ball as Derek roared at him. Kennedy didn't move, not intimidated as Derek looks at her. She doesn't look back, instead, she looks at Stiles. He was surprised when he saw her blue eyes and concerned frown. She kneeled in front of him, "Are you okay?" She whispered, cupping his cheek.

He didn't know how to answer her. So, he smiled, nodding slowly. She returned it, the two of them looking over at Derek. "How did you do that?" Questions Stiles, looking at the Isaac who had turned human because of Derek.

The Hale smirked, looking at the two teens. "I'm the alpha," He stated.

Quickly, Derek and Isaac had left the scene, leaving the pair alone. "You controlled it," The brunette looks up to see Ben looking at her, his hands gripping the bars. "You controlled your abilities."

The girl nods, "Yeah, I'm learning." She replied, standing up. "Why do you care?" The Stallard man looked her down. He loved her, at least the human side of her. He sometimes regretted calling Chris Argent, begging him to come and solve the issues in town. But, he knew, deep down, this town wasn't controlled by the law, it was controlled by the supernatural.

When she didn't get an answer, Kennedy turned away from the man that she once called her father. Stiles stood, knowing she was upset by her expression. He slowly approached her, his arms pulling her to his chest. He felt her chest pounding against his own, causing him to hold on to her tighter. The girl closed her eyes, inhaling Stiles's scent. It had similarities to Scott and Noah's, and even a similarity to Derek's. It was a teenage boy's smell, mixed with some deodorant and his shower products. It wasn't just a scent. She knew that, even if she wasn't willing to admit it.

So, as Noah Stilinski and a few of his deputies walk in on the pair holding on to each other, as if if they let go, one of them will disappear, Noah looked at the body. Stiles looks up, causing Kennedy to open her eyes. The two looked down, staring at the man, and then the broken cell. "Uh, he did it." Stiles murmured, pointing at the man. Kennedy giggled, hiding her face in Stiles's chest. He felt his own heart skip, the girl of his dreams hiding her face in his chest, the most beautiful girl he has probably ever seen, is right here. Heat spreads across his chest, and he looked down, attempting to hide it.

And it was then, Noah Stilinski realized, that his son was in love with this girl, and she, was starting to fall in love with his son.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

85.9K 1.3K 14
"𝘠𝘰𝘶 𝘴𝘢𝘪𝘥 𝘐'𝘥 𝘧𝘪𝘨𝘶𝘳𝘦 𝘪𝘵 𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘶𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘺, 𝘸𝘩𝘪𝘤𝘩 𝘮𝘦𝘢𝘯𝘴 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘪𝘴, 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘸𝘢𝘯𝘵 𝘮𝘦 𝘵𝘰...
24.7K 1.3K 40
"𝓑𝓮𝓽 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓝𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓻 𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓷 𝓶𝓮𝓽 𝓶𝓮 𝓘 𝓭𝓸𝓷'𝓽 𝓫𝓵𝓪𝓶𝓮 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓑𝓻𝓸𝓴𝓮 𝔂𝓸𝓾𝓻 𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓻𝔂 𝓱𝓮𝓪𝓻𝓽𝓫𝓮𝓪𝓽" 𝘤�...
49.5K 1.4K 15
"𝙳𝚎𝚛𝚎𝚔 𝚐𝚎𝚝'𝚜 𝚔𝚒𝚍𝚗𝚊𝚙𝚙𝚎𝚍 𝚋𝚢 𝚑𝚞𝚗𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚜 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚠𝚎 𝚌𝚊𝚕𝚕 𝚊 𝚝𝚘𝚝𝚊𝚕 𝚜𝚝𝚛𝚊𝚗𝚐𝚎𝚛?" ...
396K 5.1K 60
- Scott McCall - Stiles Stilinski - Liam Dunbar - Theo Raeken - Jordan Parrish - Isaac Lahey - Aiden Steiner - Jackson Whittemore - Derek Hale ...