Is This Fate or Misfortune?

由 Skyslovely

[Black Butler various x Reader] (Y/N) is one of the few rare humans who was gifted with magic powers in her w... 更多

Her Acquaintance, A Whole New World
Her Acquaintance, Waking Up To This!!
Her Acquaintance, The Phantomhive Household
Her Acquaintance, Out in town
His Butler, Able
His Butler, Strongest
His Butler, Omnipotent
His Butler, Capricious
His Butler, Chance Encounter
His Butler, At the Funeral
Her Acquaintance, A Picnic for Six
His Butler, Merrymaking
His Butler, Training
Her Acquaintance, Combat
His Butler, Phantom Image
Her Acquaintance, Masquerade
His Butler, On Ice
Her Acquaintance, The Invite
Her Acquaintance, Trancy Manor
Her Acquaintance, Captive
Her Acquaintance, Alois
Her Acquaintance, Right from Wrong
Her Acquaintance, Games
Her Acquaintance, Earl Trancy
His Butler, However You Please
His Butler, Forlorn
Her Acquaintance, Lessons
A/N
Her Acquaintance, Visit
Her Acquaintance, Puzzles and Spells
Her Acquaintance, The Knight
His Butler, Freeloader
His Butler, Supremacy Talented
His Butler, Competing
Her Acquaintance, The Choir
Her Acquaintance, I'm where!?
Her Acquaintance, Vacation
Her Acquaintance, A Run Into
Her Acquaintance, Beach
Ciel in Wonderland part 1
Ciel in Wonderland part 2
Her Acquaintance, Welcome to Weston
Her Acquaintance, New Faces
Her Acquaintance, Daily Life at Weston's
Her Acquaintance, Demon Butler
Her Acquaintance, Reaper's Quarters
Her Acquaintance, Clues Discovered
Her Acquaintance, The Past
Her Acquaintance, Pieces
Her Acquaintance, Of Coffins and Skulls
His Butler, Offering
His Butler, Transmitted
Her Acquaintance, Confusion
Is This Melodious or Diabolical?
Her Acquaintance Mini Shorts
Her Acquaintance, Uncertainty
Her Acquaintance, Rain
His Butler, Imprisoned
His Butler, Escaping
Her Acquaintance, History
Intermission: Timeline
Her Acquaintance, Prince
He Acquaintance, Reaper's Mission
Her Acquaintance, Tea
Her Acquaintance, Mischief
Her Acquaintance, A Demon's Heart
Her Acquaintance, Earl Phantomhive
Her Acquaintance, Appreciation
His Butler, Dissolution
His Butler, Up In Flames
His Butler, Fluent
Her Acquaintance, The End Part 1
Her Acquaintance, The End Part 2
Prince Soma Ending
Grell Ending
Alois Ending
Finny Ending
Sebastian Ending
Ciel Ending
Author Note

Edward Ending

1.1K 21 0
由 Skyslovely

   Although it was late June, the weather was fairly nice, the warm rays of the sun shining down onto the city of London and giving anybody the energy they needed to make their way through the day. Days like these were what made you want to find a place outside the Manor where you could just sit and bask in the warm weather. Truly what you would call a satisfying moment. It was one of those rare moments where you could actually enjoy walking down London town, ignoring those that walked around and simply relaxing in the warm weather of the day.

With a small stretch, you continued down the street, enjoying the day off something that you were appreciative towards Ciel for. You had explained to him what the day would contain and rather reluctantly, he had agreed to go though you noticed that he hadn't exactly been pleased about it. Actually, he had fallen into a sullen mood for the remainder of the week, something that surprised and a bit worried you upon these actions of his.

However, you pushed this to the back of your mind, focusing entirely on the upcoming events, a sense of delight running through you the closer you headed down the town. It was remarkably busy out in London. The entire streets and sidewalks were filled with people who seemed to have swarmed in the hoards, each and everyone of them most likely having left their houses for the special event that was happening for the day.

And you were just as ecstatic yourself. Well, it was the reason why you had came to London on your day off as oppose to staying at the Phantomhive Manor. With a lightness in your steps, your feet led you through the packed sidewalks of the city, growing closer to the reason for the sudden increase in people. Soon enough, after taking a turn, you came upon the large, crowded building and a large smile crossed onto your expression having made it to the premise before any of the activities had begun. Stopping just before the imposing building and glancing up, you eyes trailed to the large sign that hung over the entrance.

Weston College.

The well known annual cricket tournament was being held today and for the first time, you had been invited to come watch the competition something you were excited for and added to the fact that Edward had invited you; namely on a date. Although the two of you hadn't gone far in the relationship, Edward would routinely bring you on dates around the city, seeming to find anything that could capture your interest. And you were happy that he thought so highly of you. He would always go out of his way to reassure and make you happy; which always made a warm feeling bloom in your chest whenever he did this. Edward made you happy. That was a given fact. The knight's presence was something you genuinely appreciated and truthfully, he was someone you had grown to cherish.

Although you had stopped, people continued to pass by you, their backs facing you as they headed into the college towards the tournament and the dining hall.

"(Y/N)!"

Pulling your gaze away from the large sign that hung above the entrance of the college, you focused on the familiar male that was running towards you from the entrance, waving a hand above his head. A large smile quickly crossed your face once noticing him and not minding the people that walked past you, you ran over to the blonde hair male with an excited wave of your hand.

"Edward!"

Both the knight and you quickly sprinted over to each other, meeting in the middle of the walkway and you cared little for the snide stares and remarks from the people that walked into the college premises as all you cared about for the time being was Edward. There was a delighted expression on his face, something that you had noticed once closer to the knight, and in turn, a sense of merriment flowing through you at being able to see Edward.

He stopped before he had a chance of running into you, the large smile being ever so present on his face and you returned it merrily. "I'm so glad that you were able to come," he happily stated.

"Of course I wouldn't miss this. It's my first time seeing a cricket match at Weston and I've heard enough of how its revered as one of the best events in London," you playfully stated, remembering all the newspapers and excited conversations you had overhead and saw during your times in London which only increased that closer it got to June. "Thanks for inviting me actually. I'm really looking forward to watching the match with you."

Edward rubbed the back of his neck embarrassedly as he momentarily glanced away sheepishly before looking back into your eyes happily. "Thanks for coming. I was actually really delighted upon hearing that you agreed to come. It's something that I wanted to share with you as a fellow student of Weston College."

Your cheeks were warm upon hearing him say this and truthfully, you were a bit flustered, but you were happy knowing that he wanted you to be here. "Where are the others?" You curiously asked, glancing around although knowing that you wouldn't catch sight of any familiar faces. The entrance of the college only seemed to grow more packed as time passed, more people showing up as it was the first day. From what Edward had informed you, Weston College held two events, one to to commemorate the eve and end of the tournament and as it was the first day, students could invite families and close acquaintances for it.

"They're at the dining hall. Everyone is required to head to the dining hall before the tournament begins. Though knowing Cheslock he's probably still training before the tournament begins," Edward stated in a relaxed stance, his green eyes glancing around to examine the people who passed and you noted that all of them were those from noble families; which wasn't a surprise as all of the students from Weston were from noble families. "I wouldn't be surprised if Clayton goes over to drag him to the dining hall."

A light laugh left you at this, imagining the scenario in your mind. Cheslock definitely wouldn't be too smitten with that knowing his personality. Especially with the thought of Clayton being the one to bring him over to the dining hall. And Cheslock always seemed to irritate Cheslock whenever he was around.

"I sure wouldn't want to cross into his path when he's irritated," you said exasperatedly, wincing ever so slightly in remembering the times his anger had been directed towards you. Cheslock was usually cranky to begin with, catching him when he was truly aggravated was something no one would want. "But I can admit that I'm looking forward to seeing him do that topspin of his. With how spectacular you and almost everyone at Weston make it out to be."

Edward chuckled at this, the whites of his teeth on full display in the smile that was on his face. "Just wait, you'll see. But you will be rooting for the Green House right?" There was a amused, almost teasing tone in his voice. Over the months, the knight had become a lot more open, not to mention more playful than he had previously been, sporting to lose some of that rigid formalities he normally had. And you were happy to see this. He was becoming more of who he truly was. Unlike the reserved, formal nature he had been raised to have, he could express himself and partake in more entertaining activities than before.

"Of course I am! If we win then we'll get to go the boat parade that the dorm will host."

"Is that really all you can think of?" Edward responded with laugh.

"Out of a few, yes."

Chuckling slightly, Edward turned to examine the entrance of the college, his green eyes noting the noble men and women, or rather decreasing amount of them in the square. "We should start heading to the dining hall. The ceremony will be beginning shortly. Wouldn't want to miss it, would we?"

"Of course not," you stated, giving him a smile. The entrance ceremony was something you were looking forward to along with the cricket match. "And I'm sure that your parents wouldn't exactly be too happy about it. Not to mention you are a Prefect now after all. It wouldn't exactly look good."

"Definitely not," he agreed, the smile still remaining on his face. "Well then, shall we get going my lady." He extended his hand out to you, the action making you lightly chuckle in amusement before taking it.

"Still the gentleman I see," you humored to which Edward laughed, gripping a bit more on your hand, the warmth from his palm seeping into your own hand, a reassuring feeling that you greatly accepted even in the warm heat of the summer. You entwined your fingers with his and he gave you a soft smile in response, clearly happy with the action.

"Let's go before we're any late."

With a nod in response, both Edward and you immediately headed into the entrance of the college, the area surrounded seemingly empty of any visitors, they having already entered the dining hall as directed. Upon noticing that the commemoration would begin shortly, Edward and you raced off down the pathway with amused laughs, having fun in the sprint to the dining hall and it was thankful that there was no one around to watch the childish demeanor the two of you had. Not that you would have cared to begin with. All that mattered was that it was fun to be with Edward and this was something you wouldn't give away for nothing.

The entrance to the dining hall was just ahead, the doors thankfully still open as there were only minutes left until the ceremony would begin and the doors would close as a result. Just moments before reaching the doors, the two of you slowed down to avoid startling anyone that was inside the hall and exchanged amused grins between each other. Your hands remained interlocked once entering the dining hall, which was crowded with the students, acquaintances and family members, and with being one of the last people to arrive, most of the attention were directed to Edward and you.

But you didn't mind; actually you could care less for the judgmental stares that were directed at both Edward and you, well mainly at you. From the looks in their eyes, it was clear that they were scrutinizing that you, a lowly middle class was with a high noble person like Edward. Edward squeezed your hand, prompting you to look over at him and he gave you a reassuring smile.

"Don't mind them."

With a light nod of your head, you gave him a small smile in return, shifting closer to the taller frame of the older male at your side, finding ease with having him here and you ignored the stares of the people as the two of you headed further into the dining hall. Edward led you through the crowd and you remained close to his side, never once releasing the grasp you had on his hand as he guided the way to where his family stood.

"Thanks for coming everyone!" He gratefully stated once the two of you had approached the area his parents were standing. Immediately, they turned at the sound of their oldest child's voice, Alexis and Elizabeth both ecstatic to see Edward, while Francis simply watch on rigorously. However, the moment that Elizabeth's gaze fell onto your figure, the smile instantly dropped on her face and she lingered by her mother's side while Alexis bounded up to greet Edward and you.

"Of course we wouldn't miss this tournament!" Alexis responded, a large greeting grin on the man's face once he had stopped in front of you both. "It's good to see you (Y/N). I hope that you are doing well."

"I am," you responded with a light laugh, delighted to see that Alexis at least seemed happy to see you. "I'm glad that we were able to meet up at the tournament." Peering past Alexis, your eyes settled on both Francis and Elizabeth who lingered behind.

"Good afternoon Lady Francis, Elizabeth," you greeted, giving them a smile, but the only reaction received from Francis was a sharp nod of her head, if you could even call it a nod. It was easy to see that she was displeased, her lips pursed in a heavy frown and eyes glaring into your own. Uneasiness sprung up from inside and quickly, you turned from her sensing that she was still upset with how close Edward and you had gotten.

"Hello (Y/N)." Elizabeth was curt in answering, her eyes cast away to avoid catching your line of sight. She had been like this ever since she found out that Edward and you had ben openly meeting up more often than before, especially when the two of you had announced your feelings for each other. It was only Alexis who still seemed to be delighted whenever meeting with you which always brought your spirits up.

"Attention."

The commanding voice made you as well as everyone else turn to the podium that was directly at the front of the dining hall, the Headmaster having stepped on to begin the ceremony. "I thank each and everyone of you that have come to support the students of Weston College on this day. Now, I don't want to stall any longer. Let the cricket tournament begin!"

Excited cheers were heard, mainly from the students, and with these last words from the Headmaster, both students and visitors began to head out of the dining hall to head to the fields were the tournament was being held. The Midfords turned to leave and you set off to follow after them, however, Edward's hold on your hand pulled you back and quizzically, you peered up at him, a question in your eyes.

"We'll catch up later." Edward's amused gaze trailed up from your puzzled eyes to where the Midfords were as he explained to his family, who had paused at the sudden action, the reason for his halt.

His family lingered for a moment, seeming uncertain with what they should do before Lady Francis gave a simple sharp nod of her head, crossly turning on her heels and exiting the dining hall along with the students and visitors. Both Alexis and Elizabeth seemed to hesitate for a moment before following after the high noble woman; Elizabeth throwing one last glance back.

Before you had a chance to watch them properly leave, you were softly pulled away, the tug on your hand making you glance up at Edward who was giving you an amused grin. "Wait shouldn't we be going with them?" You protested, once again throwing another spare glance over your shoulders to the leaving Midfords before peering back up at Edward.

The grin that was on the knight's face stretched and there was amusement in his eyes as he pulled you out the back door of the dining hall, his grip light but firm on your hand. "Don't worry. I'll make sure that we won't miss much from the tournament. I know how much you've been looking forward to this."

A smile crossed your face upon hearing this, finding this scenario amusing as both Edward and you crossed out of the building and onto a small recreational park that was on the campus. "Alright then, so why exactly are you dragging me away from the tournament fields?" You asked, a teasing tone heavily overshadowing your voice.

Edward rubbed the back of his neck with his free hand, seeming to grow flustered and the hints of red were on his face. He stopped underneath a placebo and you came to a stop in front of his as he turned so that he could properly face you. "Is it wrong to want to have some time with you? We'll be surrounded by people for the rest of the day, can I not spend some time with the person I care about."

You couldn't help the flustered smile that crossed your face and you ducked your head down at bit a feeling of bliss rising inside your chest. The smile wouldn't fall from your face even when you tried to calm yourself, and you could feel the heat rising to your cheeks. "No, not at all," you replied with a heartfelt chuckle, squeezing a bit more on his hand as you smiled up at him, the blonde haired knight fondly gazing down at you. "I don't think Elizabeth or your mother really likes me all too much," you modestly stated.

Edward winced slightly, evidently knowing what you were referring too. "I'm sure they'll come around," he reassured. "Besides, you're the person I care the most about. Of course they'll have to like you eventually." He leaned in, unlinking his fingers from your own and he wrapped both of his arms around your waist, pulling you closer to his figure which immediately made your face lit up red, but you reciprocated the action.

"For such a modest man, you don't always act that way," you teased.

"You've changed me," he humored back, a teasing smile on his face.

A earnest expression crossed his face as his grip on your torso tightened, his eyelids sinking ever so slightly in a tenderly fashion, almost appearing to be hazy as he stared into your eyes. "(Y/N)." The serious way he uttered your name made you blink questioningly up at him. "We've been going on dates for the last months. Perhaps..." He seemed uncertain with what he should say. "Why don't we officially start dating?"

With widened eyes, you slightly pulled back to stare up at the knight perplexingly, an uncertain eyes heavily pooled in his eyes as he waited for the answer to the question he must have been waiting to ask for months. To reassure him, a smile crossed your face as you nodded, and you reached out to hug his torso, nestling your face into his chest. "Of course. After all these months did you really think that I would say no."

He didn't give you a chance to say anything as he tightened his grip, pulling you further into his chest and a smile grew on your face upon hearing the happiness in his voice.

"I'm so glad."

"Maybe we should wait to tell your parents though," you sheepishly said as you pulled back from him. He hesitated for a moment before nodding his head understanding why, but the fond expression returned on his face.

"I'll be the best for you (Y/N). As a knight, it's my duty to protect the people I love."

Cheers suddenly resonated across the campus making both Edward and you pull back and look in the direction of the fields. "I thought you said you wouldn't keep me too long from the tournament," you joked, watching as a sheepish expression crossed the knight's face.

"Then let's not be any later." With a playful smile, he grabbed onto your hand and with shared laughs, the two of you raced out from beneath the placebo to the fields where the tournament was being held simply enjoying the time with each other.

繼續閱讀

You'll Also Like

463K 16.3K 69
A new group of soon-to-be reapers entered the headquarters this morning. Each high-ranked reaper was assigned a student to teach about collecting sou...
44.2K 1.3K 21
Black Butler, Sebastian x Ciel fanfic. (I don't own this manga/anime, only my own fantasies about it) -THIS BOOK IS TO BE READ FIRST BEFORE THE CAGED...
20.6K 488 24
~ ! 𝘿𝙄𝙎𝘾𝙊𝙉𝙏𝙄𝙉𝙐𝙀𝘿 ! ~ 𝘞𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘱𝘦𝘯𝘴 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘊𝘪𝘦𝘭 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘚𝘦𝘣𝘢𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘢𝘯 𝘸𝘰𝘳𝘬𝘦𝘥 𝘰𝘯 𝘢 𝘤𝘢𝘴𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘪𝘯𝘷𝘰�...
162K 4.1K 26
This is my first story I have ever made. I don't own black butler, or any of there characters. (Y/N) is a beautiful half cat demon, half human. Wonde...