Alpha's Lone Witch

By dr3amstar

Andrew Crescent was cursed to have the memories of his reincarnation, William Crescent. The Trials, the war... More

Small Authors Note
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17

Chapter 12

5.9K 202 19
By dr3amstar

Sorry for the late upload! My mind has REALLY been blank lately.. Anyways, ENJOY!! :D

Chapter 12

Andrew's POV

I growled lowly at them, letting my eyes shine through the night. My Wolf was on the edge of taking over the situation completely but I pushed him back. We both knew that I was a much more reasonable person to deal with these types of situations.

"No need to become angry Andrew." I heard a familiar voice call from the shadows.

 I snapped my eyes to the direction of the voice but whoever it was, he was too far into the dark for me to see.

"Show yourself!" I growled. I accidentally tightened my grip on Meredith's shoulder, earning a breathy moan of pain. Instantly I loosened my grip but I didn't turn to look at her. I needed my full attention on the Hunters.

"Calm down Andrew." The voice said again, slowly coming closer, "The Hunters and I have made a deal. You and your pack may leave at peace however Meredith stays."

The minute he came out of the clearing Zach growled loudly, the sound echoing from the trees. I was too stunned to make a reply. Although I was more than furious, I was confused. I couldn't believe who I was seeing walking out of the clearing.

Harry Stone

"Harry?" I breathed questionably. "What in the world..." I whispered.

Harry looked away from my penetrating gaze, seeming almost ashamed. I wasn't fooled though. I swore right then and there I wouldn't let his fictitious expressions fool me. For all I knew, he wanted this. This was his choice.

Harry shook his head fiercely, appearing to rid of his thoughts. "Leave the Witch here." Harry demanded in a much harsh tone.

I growled. "No."

"I order you!" Harry demanded.

I laughed humorlessly at him. We were both Alpha's, there was no way his order would settle in with my Wolf. Instead, my Wolf was furious.

I heard a raspy chuckled from behind me. Instantly I snapped my head towards Meredith who was conscious though her form still appeared weak. Her head was lazily leaned against my shoulder and her face was still covered in beads of sweat. I could feel the concern etching off the other members along with my own.

"You..." Meredith breathed with much difficulty. "...are so... weak."

Harry growled at Meredith, his eyes shining brightly. "I am not the weak one at the moment Meredith! I'd heed your filthy lips in your condition."

I snarled at Harry but stopped short when Meredith chuckled again only to end up coughing.

"I'm weak..." She breathed, a grin etched onto her face. "Coming... from the one... hiding behind his own fear.... Where's your... pride..." She trailed off, her face looking pained.

Harry clenched his teeth but didn't reply to Meredith's words. Instead, he said "If you won't hand her over willingly, I'm afraid we will have to use force Andrew."

I growled loudly along with my other pack members. I had no intentions of going down without a fight.

Harry pressed his lips into a thin line, looking anguished with his decisions. "Very well.."

The minute those words left Harry's lips I felt a bullet pierce my right shoulder. I bit my lip from howling in pain. I felt another bullet hit inches away from my face and Meredith's. Knowing my mate was in danger, I lifted Meredith up paying no mind to her groan of pain, and sprinted into the forest.

"After them!" I heard another voice call out. I heard my pack members shifting and scattering out into the woods. I didn't look back to know they were still alive, I was simply hoping they weren't injured.

I felt the familiar burning sensation fill my right shoulder and I groaned in pain.

Wolfsbane.

 I should have known they would have dipped their bullets with this poison. Instead of slowing down from the pain, I picked up my pace, using the trees to conceal myself.

After what seemed like hours of running, I hid behind a large tree, breathless and burning. The wolfs bane leaking into my bloodstream. I could feel my Wolf desperately trying to heal but failing miserable.

The gun shots continued to fire from behind. I knew they were walking closer, I could hear it behind the sounds of their guns. They were taunting us, almost playing with us. They knew that with Meredith in such a fragile state that I would do at nothing to protect her.

I hitched Meredith higher, only to increase the fire in my body. I gritted my teeth to mask my groan.

"Andrew." Meredith whispered.

I snapped my eyes to her immediately. Meredith was still sweating and her body was limb. I knew I needed to do something and fast, but I didn't know what to do. I didn't know what Witches needed when their body was invested with Salt.

"You need to leave me." Meredith mumbled.

I growled in response. "No."

"Listen to me," Meredith stared me dead in the eyes. "I have a plan, but you need to listen and follow my instructions. If you don't, we'll all die."

I swallowed the lump in my throat. I wanted to refuse her request, whatever she had planned was a bad one I could already feel it. The denial was at the tip of my tongue until I saw her expression. Something in it, the way her eyes shined a bit and a lips curved into a slight smirk. I knew I could trust her. I knew —that just this once— I wouldn't have to worry.

With much reluctance and distain, I replied.

"Okay."

Meredith's POV

I lifted my head, using as much effort on my part, and looked up to see the Hunters standing before me with their guns raised outwardly.

I grinned inwardly, blessing the heavens for bringing about such foolish Hunters.

"Meredith." One of them sighed in appreciation. "Meredith, Meredith, Meredith." He shook his head each time he repeated my name. "Oh the beauty of seeing you in such a debilitated state. It's truly magnificent."

I chucked breathlessly though I ended up coughing after words.

Once again I cursed myself for being so careless today. I knew I should not have left my guard down but I did and I regretted it deeply. The food I ate was contaminated with the Hunters Salt without my even knowing. I couldn't even taste it until it reached my bloodstream. Not only did I have to deal with the burning feeling inside of me, but there were other collisions as well. Andrew and his warriors...

I blinked ridding my mind of those thoughts. Why should I, Meredith the Lone With, care about such casualties. They meant nothing to me.

 Or so I wished.

"And what's your name doll?" I rasped out, my throat dry and lump. "I've never seen you before."

The man, who I assumed to be the leader, grinned at me smugly. "My name? You wish to know?"

I chuckled darkly. "I wish to know so I can add you to the list of the dead and fallen." I tried once again to laugh only to fail miserably.

The man laughed mischievously. "Do you see this boys!" He hollered. "Meredith actually believes she can take us with her state!"

The crowd of Hunters laughed out loud, lowering their guns slightly. I took that opportunity to glance to the sides where the guards along with Andrew were hidden. I knew Andrew would be the closest to me even though I insisted he be the farthest. Knowing him, he would have ignored my request if it mean I could be in danger. I could only hope he followed through with the plan.

I mentally rolled my eyes. There were a lot of things he needed to know if we planned on getting acquainted.

I blinked, stunned by my own thoughts once again. Since when have I wished to become acquainted with Andrew.

 Black boots entered my vision, snapping me out of my thoughts.

The man -whose name I still have yet to find out- crouched before me with that pathetic grin of his. I rested my head against the tree to get a better look at him. He was young I could see that, most likely mid-20s. He had dark hair, his eyes covered by his sunglasses. From his slightly round face and tanned skin I suspected him to be of the Asian heritage.

I bit back a smirk when I caught a sight of his tattoo. There was a light trail of it on his neck though to anyone else's eyes it simply looked to be a tattoo, to the Witches we can see the light alchemy dipped into it.

"Meredith, we simply want one thing from you and then you can go." The man gently coaxed me though he was failing miserably. I knew the hidden message behind his words: Tell us what we want and we'll kill you quickly.

"Oh." I raised an eyebrow with much effort, "And what would that be?" I whispered, putting exhaustion behind my words.

I saw a faint smirk on the Hunters lips at my weakness. "Tell us why you're lounging around Crescent Moon Pack." He asked calmly.

"I needed a place to stay." I rasped, gulping at my dry throat.

The smirk on his face grew. "We all know you don't stay in one place for too long Meredith, and it's been far too long since you've first entered Crescent Moon. So tell me, why stay?"

"Why do you suppose I stay?" I asked in a low voice, my eyes dropping down.

"Well," He leaned in and whispered. "I believe that the Alpha of Crescent Moons just so happens to be your mate."

I repressed my urge to grab his neck and snap it. "Are you the only one who believes so?" I questioned, doing my best to keep my voice hoarse and tired.

"Sadly I am." He whispered, his breath fanning my face much to my disgust. "My superiors don't believe me, thinking you're too heartless but we both know that isn't true now don't we?" I could hear the smirk in his voice and the way he felt confident.

I gave him a weak smirk, feeling the ground tremble slightly, much too small for the Hunters to feel. "And you are the only one who believes this?" I asked once again.

"Of course." He whispered, his lips inches away from my own. "It will be our little secret."

I grinned, leaning forward until our lips were almost touching. "Good." I whispered. The minute I felt the trembling stop I knew they were here.

With expeditious speed and great agility, I stuck my thumbs through the Hunter's glasses and pierced into his eyes. His agonizing scream filled the night air. The other Hunters didn't even have time to lift up their guns before the Wolves came out and pounced them one by one.

I glanced around quickly and saw that I was right to depend on Nicholas to hear the gun shot. I was confident every Wolf that was still within the town heard it and much to my relief it seemed they did.

The Hunter —whose eyes I had grabbed— griped my wrist and desperately tried to unattached my thumb from his eyes. I frowned when I noticed his blood ruining my nail. I would have to remind Andrew to make me an appointment when we arrived back to his Pack.

I applied more pressure into his eyes, grinning when I heard his tormented scream. It was his wrongdoing for wearing glasses. Although my thumbs within his eyes hurt like hell, it would be even more painful to have glass in their as well. It was luck on my part when he was.

I saw movement in front of me and immediately snapped my head up expecting to see another Hunter. I was slightly relieved that it was only  Andrew standing in front of me. His black hair was sticking all over the place from battling and his clothes were stained in blood that I knew wasn't his. I saw his right arm was slightly limp and I knew it was because of the wolfsbane.

We made eye contact and the minute we did I regretted it deeply.

No matter how desperately I tried, my mind refused to listen to me. My thoughts were instantly reminded of that day, the first day I saw him. How I saw his Wolf and suddenly the world around me ceased to exist, it was simply him and I, that William.

With Andrew it was no different. I hated how his eyes looked relieved and I witnessed love like no other within them. I hated that he started slowly advancing towards me, not even bothering to look at the man whose eyes would no longer be of use to him. I hated how he didn't seem to fear that I was torturing this man, how he still loved me even though I was a devil.

 But most of all, I hated myself.

I hated that I actually felt drawn. There was something in me that had me doing things I would never consider doing; such as holding hands.

The simple idea seems disgusting to me yet when I held Andrew's all thoughts would leave me and I am simply left with peace. I felt hypocritical simply thinking of it but it was how I felt.

And I hated it.

Andrew was about to take a step towards me when someone came at him from the left. He instantly snapped his head and started to battle the Hunter who was armed with a large knife.

"You—" The Hunter who I stabbed rasped out.

I raised an eyebrow, though I was sure he couldn't see it. "What?" I asked in a bored tone.

The Hunter —much to my shock— smirked. He began to chuckle darkly.

"You underestimate us. You underestimate me."

I scoffed at his empty threat, reasoning that he was simply insane. I shook my head, tsk-ing him with every shake though he couldn't see me.

"Why can you simply admit you lose? Hunter pride?" I mocked.

The Hunter smirked again. "You'll see." He gasped out.

I laughed at him. "But you won't."

Before he could make another 'clever' remark I swiftly ejected my thumbs from his eyes, feeling confident with myself for being so clever.

The feeling disappeared seconds later when the Hunters body exploded.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hope you enjoyed! Breaks coming up soon so I'll have more time to upload :D! Again, sorry for the late upload but thank you for your patients! Thanks to all my new readers/voters/fans :D! It means A LOT to me~

P.S - Do you guys LIKE Meredith's POV :3??

Song : Good Charlotte - I don't wanna be in love

Comment and vote if you'd like :D!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.2K 150 109
This story had a beginning. But we're no longer at the beginning of the story. Instead, we join a story that's already in progress--one that has evol...
28.9K 996 30
* CURRENTLY BEING EDITED * ALL EDITED CHAPTERS START WITH A NUMBER _________________________________ In our lifetimes we are given many options. Stup...
7.4K 306 22
Andrew Crey must face the world as someone who was abused by his father. He cannot hide it, when it is written so blatantly on his left cheek by a bu...